TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 05-20-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
KayfabeMan
TPWW's Glass Ceiling

KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Who The Fuck Comes Up With This Shit?

OK, so they cancel good programming off of several networks, to replace it with crap like this:

"ABC has announced the identities of the six celebrities competing in Dancing with the Stars, its previously announced six-episode adaptation of the British Strictly Come Dancing ballroom dancing competition series that the network will premiere Wednesday, June 1 at 9PM ET/PT. And in a move that is bound to polarize reality fans, the network has cast former original Bachelorette Trista Rehn, now known as Trista Sutter, as one of the show's participants

In addition to the stunt casting of Trista, Dancing with the Stars will also feature another face familiar to reality TV viewers -- that of Rachel Hunter, the former supermodel who appeared in last winter's The Real Gilligan's Island TBS reality show and served as a judge on ABC's critically-panned Are You Hot? in 2003.

Rounding out the rest of the show's celebrity [yeah, sure they are] cast will be former heavyweight boxing champion of the world Evander Holyfield, one-time New Kids on the Block member Joey McIntyre, actor John O'Hurley (best known for his portrayal of Seinfeld's J. Peterman character), and Kelly Monaco, an actress on ABC's General Hospital daytime soap opera.

An unusual reality concept, Dancing with the Stars will feature six celebrities paired with leading professional dancers and training to compete -- complete with dazzling costumes -- in a live knockout ballroom dancing competition. Similar to Fox's American Idol, Dancing with the Stars will have an audience participation element, with each episode allowing viewers to vote for the dancer that they feel has best learned to master and execute the difficult dance moves.

"I am fully aware that this may sound like the craziest show anyone has ever heard of," ABC executive Andrea Wong stated in last month's announcement of the network's pickup of the series. "But in a world where it's easier for reality series to imitate than innovate, I just loved how fresh this format is. And the show's global success just shows how audiences around the world find it to be surprising, and undeniably fun."

With production of the series having already begun, the couples are already undergoing the intense training and preparation that will be required for Dancing with the Stars' first live show. During live shows, judges will give a score based on several factors, including technical execution, however as mentioned earlier, the judges' scores alone will not decide a couple's fate. Instead, the judges' scores will be combined with those of the show's home viewers, with the combination forming the ultimate score that will determine each couples' ranking.

At the end of each episode, the couple with the lowest score will be eliminated (although no couple will be eliminated in the first show.) When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine which couple wins the show's first prize trophy."

Fucking garbage.
KayfabeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
The One
Boss

The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)The One has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
We just gotta accept that fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows like; Dark Angle, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonderfalls, Fast Lane, Andy Rickter Controlls the Universe, Skin, Girls Club, Cracking Up, The Pits, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Lengths, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunman, A Minute with Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddie, The Street, American Embassey, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louie, and Greg The Bunny.
I don't care how many spelling mistakes I made...so don't point them out.
The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #3
SuperSlim
*Oh Sh*t*

SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)SuperSlim puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
holy crap that is awful.

TV sucks for the most part now
SuperSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:22 PM   #4
UmbrellaCorporation
All That Jazz

UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)UmbrellaCorporation has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One
I don't care how many spelling mistakes I made...so don't point them out.

We just gotta accept that fact that Fox has to make room for terrific shows like; Dark Angle, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonderfalls, Fast Lane, Andy Rickter Controlls the Universe, Skin, Girls Club, Cracking Up, The Pits, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Lengths, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunman, A Minute with Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddie, The Street, American Embassey, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louie, and Greg The Bunny.
I suppose if all of those shows go down the tube, we might have a shot.
UmbrellaCorporation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 07:23 AM   #5
TheNamelessOne
I Like Trucking

TheNamelessOne has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)TheNamelessOne has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Blame the BBC for broadcasting this shit in the first place.

It started off here in England as Strictly Come Dancing, and its evolved and the idea of it sold all around the world. Apparently its quite successful, but I haven't really payed much attention to it.

Reality TV has taken over our screens as well. Big Brother, I think, 5 is starting next week. That means that one of my favourite terrestrial channels is going to spend half of the day showing us "exciting" live feeds of what goes on in a house with 10 people I don't know and their relationships that I don't care about.

But people still lap it up. Probably the same people that buy the music that dominates the charts.
TheNamelessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:07 AM   #6
Shaggy
Yipee Kai Yay!!!

Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
When I saw a commercial for this the other day I thought....Wow this is really gonna fail. Then I saw that one of the dancers was Evander Holyfield. Now I know its gonna be horrible. Why the hell would any one in there right mind tune into this to see Evander Holyfriend freakin dance.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #7
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayfabeMan
OK, so they cancel good programming off of several networks, to replace it with crap like this:

"ABC has announced the identities of the six celebrities competing in Dancing with the Stars, its previously announced six-episode adaptation of the British Strictly Come Dancing ballroom dancing competition series that the network will premiere Wednesday, June 1 at 9PM ET/PT. And in a move that is bound to polarize reality fans, the network has cast former original Bachelorette Trista Rehn, now known as Trista Sutter, as one of the show's participants

In addition to the stunt casting of Trista, Dancing with the Stars will also feature another face familiar to reality TV viewers -- that of Rachel Hunter, the former supermodel who appeared in last winter's The Real Gilligan's Island TBS reality show and served as a judge on ABC's critically-panned Are You Hot? in 2003.

Rounding out the rest of the show's celebrity [yeah, sure they are] cast will be former heavyweight boxing champion of the world Evander Holyfield, one-time New Kids on the Block member Joey McIntyre, actor John O'Hurley (best known for his portrayal of Seinfeld's J. Peterman character), and Kelly Monaco, an actress on ABC's General Hospital daytime soap opera.

An unusual reality concept, Dancing with the Stars will feature six celebrities paired with leading professional dancers and training to compete -- complete with dazzling costumes -- in a live knockout ballroom dancing competition. Similar to Fox's American Idol, Dancing with the Stars will have an audience participation element, with each episode allowing viewers to vote for the dancer that they feel has best learned to master and execute the difficult dance moves.

"I am fully aware that this may sound like the craziest show anyone has ever heard of," ABC executive Andrea Wong stated in last month's announcement of the network's pickup of the series. "But in a world where it's easier for reality series to imitate than innovate, I just loved how fresh this format is. And the show's global success just shows how audiences around the world find it to be surprising, and undeniably fun."

With production of the series having already begun, the couples are already undergoing the intense training and preparation that will be required for Dancing with the Stars' first live show. During live shows, judges will give a score based on several factors, including technical execution, however as mentioned earlier, the judges' scores alone will not decide a couple's fate. Instead, the judges' scores will be combined with those of the show's home viewers, with the combination forming the ultimate score that will determine each couples' ranking.

At the end of each episode, the couple with the lowest score will be eliminated (although no couple will be eliminated in the first show.) When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine which couple wins the show's first prize trophy."

Fucking garbage.
Goddamn, who approves this shit...?

Oh, that's RIGHT, Michael Eisner! :foc: :foc: :foc:
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #8
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ABC was due for shit after the phenomenal season they've had. I mean, they finally knocked "CSI" out of the #1 slot for the first time in, like, three years with "Desperate Housewives," and "Lost" is one of the most talked-about and critically-acclaimed series of the last five years. Hell, even "Grey's Anatomy" seems to be doing really well, too.

ABC was bound to fail one of these days, and I'm just glad it's happening as a summer series rather than filling a fall timeslot that could go to more innovative programming like "Desperate" and "Lost."

BTW, this isn't coming from an ABC fan. I'm still pissed they canceled "Sports Night" five years ago. Plus, I think "According to Jim," "8 Simple Rules," and "George Lopez" are perhaps the least funny sitcoms ever, even though they've all been pretty successful.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
Londoner
One Of A Kind

Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Ah man, reality tv is just getting worse and worse and worse, and this is after it was complete garbage to start off with. I'm not joking either. Over here in the UK ITV have come up with this(i find it hard to even say they came up with it-because it requires no thinking at all) reality programme called 'Celebrity Love Island' which is the worst uncreative piece of bullshit you could ever imagine. It is the worst form of enetrtainment and has made me lose all respect that i had left for ITV.

What it is basically these c-list celebs(if that even) are sent to an island and all they do literally is TALK, and soemtimes not even that! Half the time they just walk around half naked...who the fucking fuck watches that? I can just imagine what ITV's meetings are like when they discuss new programmes..

Creative writer: 'Hey boss, what about this new programme, it's called Celebrity love island, and we get a bunch of celebs who get sent to an island and do nothing but talk!'

Boss:' Yes that sounds good! People love watching c-list celebs doing nothing, great idea!'

How else could it of gone? Oh and they also said as an argument to back up their programme
'People have been saying reality tv is dead since it began, but it is still around'..or somehting like that, and yeah i wonder why? BECAUSE YOU BASTARDS KEEP SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS. IT ISN'T EVEN REALITY ANYWAY ITS JUST YOUR FUCKING C LIST CELEBS DOING FUCK ALL.

There i'm done. Sorry about the rant, it had to be done.
Londoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 06:58 AM   #10
TheNamelessOne
I Like Trucking

TheNamelessOne has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)TheNamelessOne has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Well they wouldn't be shoving it down our throats if there wasn't a market for it. The idiots that watch it are responsible.
TheNamelessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #11
Dave Youell
1/2 Optimist 1/2 Amazing

Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
As a member of the UK who paid for my TV licensce which enabled this tripe to get shown in the first place, let me be the first to say. I'm Sorry
Dave Youell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 10:24 AM   #12
The Destroyer
Baird

The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I still think Strictly Come Dancing was the product of some sort of Faustian pact that Bruce Forsyth made to extend his TV career.

I bet the American version will suck even more.
The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #13
Londoner
One Of A Kind

Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Londoner puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNamelessOne
Well they wouldn't be shoving it down our throats if there wasn't a market for it. The idiots that watch it are responsible.
I don't think there is a market for it though, especially not this trash. Every idea of reality tv shows has been done, which is why this is the best they could think of, the only half decent reality programmes have been, big brother, the games and the best one yet-the contender.Anyone who watches the rest of reality tv should be shot.
Londoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 02:15 PM   #14
Hitman84

Hitman84 has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Hitman84 has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNamelessOne
Blame the BBC for broadcasting this shit in the first place.

It started off here in England as Strictly Come Dancing, and its evolved and the idea of it sold all around the world. Apparently its quite successful, but I haven't really payed much attention to it.

Reality TV has taken over our screens as well. Big Brother, I think, 5 is starting next week. That means that one of my favourite terrestrial channels is going to spend half of the day showing us "exciting" live feeds of what goes on in a house with 10 people I don't know and their relationships that I don't care about.

But people still lap it up. Probably the same people that buy the music that dominates the charts.
It'll be Big Brother 6 my friend.

I'm ashamed that I even know that
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote