TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > sports forum

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 PM   #1
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
MLB 2012 Season Thread

Eh, why not? It's right around the corner so I figured I'd get the thread started.

Putting the finishing touches on my predictions. Probably will post them tomorrow or something.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
GO CUBS GO! GO CUBS GOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right

Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right

Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Old 04-03-2012, 01:01 AM   #5
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right

Old 04-03-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right

Old 04-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
NL East

1. Philadelphia Phillies

Injury issues to Ryan Howard and Chase Utley aside, you have to take the Phillies here. 5 straight division titles makes it a pretty easy choice. There isn’t much of a reason to expect their rotation to not continue being excellent. I think Jim Thome will be a great asset in Citizen’s Bank Park while Howard recovers and a lethal bat off the bench down the stretch. I’m also expecting a big year out of Hunter Pence in his first full season in Philly.

2. Miami Marlins (WC 2)

With the number of quality teams in this division, it’s difficult to imagine that the division doesn’t produce at least one Wild Card team. I think the Marlins’ offseason spending spree will pay off in a big way. There is a great potential for injury (Jose Reyes and Josh Johnson) and drama (Ozzie Guillen and Carlos Zambrano in particular), but the talent is clearly there. Crazy speed at the top of the lineup with Reyes and Emilio Bonifacio, continued development from Giancarlo Stanton, a bounce back year from Hanley Ramirez, and a solid pitching staff could make this a successful year and finally generate interest from the fans in Miami.

3. Washington Nationals

I love their rotation, and it’s the main reason I have them making the ascent up to 3rd place with legitimate playoff contention. I’m seeing a huge year from Stephen Strasburg (even with the strict innings limit) and Gio Gonzalez should greatly benefit from going to the National League. Their lineup seems a bit iffy to me and I still have no faith in Jayson Werth or his bloated contract, but look for phenom Bryce Harper to debut during the season and generate some serious headlines.

4. Atlanta Braves

I think that they will miss Tim Hudson early on, and that’s why I have them finishing behind the Nationals by a slim margin. Jason Heyward is in line for a bounceback season and will form a formidable middle of the lineup with Bryan McCann and Dan Uggla. The back end of their bullpen is probably the best in baseball, so as long as their offense and starting pitchers can get them the lead into the 7th inning they should be getting their fair share of wins this season.

5. New York Mets

This is the first time I can ever recall picking my Mets to finish dead last in the NL East. It’s unfortunate but the other four are just clearly better. The big issue for the Mets, as always, will be health, especially with regards to David Wright, Ike Davis, and Daniel Murphy. There is zero depth behind them so if anybody gets hurt for any length of time, kiss the season goodbye. I do think that the adjusted Citi Field dimensions will help out Wright and Jason Bay. I’m also looking forward to seeing what Lucas Duda will do in a full season. The prospect of seeing Johan Santana starting on Opening Day at least makes this somewhat easier to swallow.

NL Central

1. Cincinnati Reds

The Reds let me down in predictions last year, but I think they’ll be great this year. Joey Votto is simply excellent, and I’m looking for Brandon Phillips to come through in a big way during his contract year. The Mat Latos acquisition will prove to be an excellent move and he’ll be a great anchor in the rotation. The Ryan Madson injury could hurt a bit, but in the long run I think Sean Marshall will be just fine in the closer role.

2. St. Louis Cardinals (WC 1)

I strongly debated having the Cardinals winning the division, but I just can’t do it with the uncertainty surrounding Chris Carpenter. Adam Wainwright being able to pitch like his old self will be huge. Carlos Beltran, Matt Holliday, and Lance Berkman give the lineup some nice pop that should help the club transition well in the post-Pujols era and send the Redbirds back to the postseason with a chance to repeat.

3. Milwaukee Brewers

The Brewers caught a serious break with Ryan Braun’s steroid suspension being upheld, but their lineup still seems pretty lacking to me. Aramis Ramirez is a very good player, but I just don’t see how he can come close to filling the void left by Prince Fielder. Their rotation and bullpen are still very solid, however I don’t think the offense will be able to take full advantage of it. Brewers lose out on the 2nd wild card spot, but barely.

4. Pittsburgh Pirates

It was so much fun watching the Bucs during the early part of last season, and I felt terrible when it all fell apart after a bad call. Unfortunately, I think the Bucs are going to take a step back this year. I love Andrew McCutchen, but the team around him is still mostly young and unproven. And with 3 better teams than them in the division plus a slew of really good teams in the NL, the Pirates will finish with a losing record for the 20th year in a row.

5. Chicago Cubs

The Cubs are very much a team in transition, and while I trust Theo Epstein to eventually get them into contention, this has the makings of a long year. The good spots on the team (namely Starlin Castro) are greatly outnumbered by the bad ones (especially Alfonso Soriano, who is still an albatross with one of the worst contracts in history). The Cubs pretty much have the makings of a last place team, except for the fact that…

6. Houston Astros

…these guys are awful. Just really, truly awful. They lost 106 games last season and I’d be shocked if they didn’t come close to that number this year. Their best player, Wandy Rodriguez, is going to be traded at some point. I’m really not even sure what else to say about these guys. They’re making zero attempt at being competitive this year and are just getting ready for the move to the AL West in 2013.

NL West

1. Arizona Diamondbacks

These guys just feel like a slam dunk choice here. Justin Upton is an absolute stud and their pitching staff has the potential to be one of the very best in baseball. They’re easily the most complete team on paper in this division. The only hesitation I have with them at all is the fact that I’ve gotten the NL West dead wrong for the last several years. If it happens with these guys, I’m officially cursed.

2. Los Angeles Dodgers

They aren’t in the same league as the D-Backs, but with their ownership issues now a thing of the past, I think that the dark cloud looming over the franchise has been lifted. Matt Kemp and Clayton Kershaw are both incredible, and past them I see a team that features a decent mix of young guys and veterans. They may not be in real playoff contention, but I think they’ll have a solid year overall.

3. San Francisco Giants

The Giants seem to be constructed in much the same way that they’ve been built for a few years now – all pitching and no hitting. Buster Posey being back is a huge boost, but I just can’t see how they can contend with that offense. It’s a shame really, because a rotation headed by Tim Lincecum, Matt Cain, and Madison Bumgarner really deserves some extra offensive support. For their sake, I hope they can finally lose the anemic offense next year.

4. Colorado Rockies

These guys feel like the polar opposite of the Giants. Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez are excellent, but I just can’t see how their pitching can possibly hold up. As great of a story as it is, 49 year old Jamie Moyer is their #2 starter. Drew Pomeranz and Alex White have a ton of potential, but this year is not the year. I think it’ll be another down year for the Rockies, but their young pitchers should bring them more success in 2013.

5. San Diego Padres

I don’t think the Padres will be very good this year, and they’re clearly still firmly entrenched in rebuild mode. I’m eager to see how Yonder Alonso performs with consistent playing time, and I would not be at all surprised to see Cameron Maybin be on the All Star team this year. The West seems so weak outside of the D-Backs that I could see the Padres surprising some people to finish higher in the standings.

AL East

1. New York Yankees

Despite the AL East looking stacked, the Yankees seem like the clear choice here. They boast a great looking rotation and have depth at the AAA level should it be needed. Of course there’s the offense, which won’t be an issue at all. Mariano Rivera, Rafael Soriano, and David Robertson should form a three-headed monster in the back of the bullpen. I’d be shocked if the Yanks didn’t make the playoffs for the 17th time in 18 years.

2. Boston Red Sox (WC 1)

It will be a drama filled year in Boston, but Bobby Valentine is a good manager. I think he’ll right the ship and rebound from last year’s collapse with a vengeance. I definitely see a huge bounce back year from Carl Crawford, and the offense in general seems like it can carry the team. The bullpen is a bit spotty, but I think their rotation will come through – including a big year from Daniel Bard now that he’s finally a starter.

3. Tampa Bay Rays (WC 2)

I flip flopped a lot on my 2nd wild card pick, but it only seems fitting that the division that has been dominant in the Wild Card era will get both of them this year. They just have a ton of young talent and Joe Maddon always seems to get the best out of his players. Evan Longoria is fun to watch, and their rotation is teeming with good young pitching. Look for Matt Moore to be a beast in his first full big league season.

4. Toronto Blue Jays

These guys are definitely on the rise, and I imagine them being right in the thick of the Wild Card race until the end. I don’t think their young pitching is ready yet, but they’re close. Brett Lawrie will be a star before long, and I’m interested in seeing if Colby Rasmus can have a great fresh start on Toronto after being shunted by St. Louis. Jose Bautista should be an All Star again this year, hitting Bautista Bombs all over the place.

5. Baltimore Orioles

With 3 playoff teams in the division and a rapidly improving Jays team, the Orioles are in for a long season as you’d imagine. There are some talented players there (namely Matt Wieters, Adam Jones, and the underrated J.J. Hardy), but the odds are just too great. I imagine them getting close to the 100 loss mark, with the Astros saving them from having the worst record in baseball. Not really much else to say about them.

AL Central

1. Detroit Tigers

Miguel Cabrera and Prince Fielder being back to back in the same lineup is so ridiculous that it’s scary. The Tigers should have no problems scoring runs in droves all year. I’m expecting Justin Verlander and Jose Valverde to come back down to Earth a bit after their insane 2011 campaigns, but both will still be excellent and have All Star years. The Tigers just seem like the class of the AL Central this year.

2. Kansas City Royals

The years and years of rebuilding and restocking of the farm system that the fans have had to put up with may finally be coming to fruition. I see the Royals making huge strides this year, finishing over .500 and staying relevant for much later than usual. Alex Gordon, Billy Butler, Eric Hosmer, and Mike Moustakas have the makings of a young core that can make the Royals fun to watch for years to come.

3. Cleveland Indians

Health is the main concern for the Indians, and so far they’ve gotten off to a bad start to that with injuries to Grady Sizemore and Chris Perez, not to mention Roberto Hernandez being suspended for 6 weeks. I can’t say I have too much faith in Ubaldo Jimenez at this point, either. However, I do like the look of their lineup – Carlos Santana and Shin-Soo Choo in particular. It’ll be an up and down year for the Tribe overall.

4. Minnesota Twins

Last year‘s bad year from the Twins probably wasn’t an aberration. Joe Mauer seems like way too good of a player not to have a better year this year, but I think Justin Morneau is shot. Their lineup is lacking otherwise and their pitching staff as a whole seems nondescript. They’d probably be best served to get their young guys as much playing time as possible this year and get into proper rebuild mode now.

5. Chicago White Sox

I really don’t see how the Sox are going to make up all of the quality innings that they lost with Buehrle leaving town. I’m just really not impressed with their pitching at all, and Paul Konerko is about the only sure thing in their lineup. The one bit of good news is that Adam Dunn is a great candidate for Comeback Player of the Year, and I think he will be back to near 40 home run form in his second year on the South Side.

AL West

1. Texas Rangers

The AL West battle should be a lot of fun, but I think the Rangers win it for a 3rd year in a row. I’m not convinced that Yu Darvish will be quite as good as advertised, but he’ll still be a decent contributor. Neftali Feliz has electric stuff and he should be a huge asset to the rotation, and they have plenty of quality bullpen arms to make up for his loss there. Hitting wise, the Rangers should continue to have one of the best lineups in baseball. Josh Hamilton, Mike Napoli, Nelson Cruz, Elvis Andrus, Michael Young, Adrian Beltre, Ian Kinsler. They’re just stacked.

2. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

I came very close to making them the 2nd wild card team, but ended up relenting. Albert Pujols will be fine switching leagues, but their other big acquisition, CJ Wilson, just seems like a bust in the making to me and in a tightly knit AL race, a marquee player not living up to the hype might be the difference. Elsewhere, Kendrys Morales will be a huge plus if he can stay healthy, but it’s a big if. Vernon Wells still has a bloated contract, and Mark Trumbo may be an absolute black hole defensively at third base.

3. Seattle Mariners

They’ll finish a distant third behind the Rangers and Angels, but still I think the future looks bright for the M’s. Dustin Ackley and Jesus Montero are going to be fun guys throughout the year, with Justin Smoak in the mix as well. Felix Hernandez is, of course the man, and should be dominant as per usual. Also look for a great year from the legendary Ichiro in the #3 spot. It’s nice to see that he already got off to a fast start in the Japan series against the A’s.

4. Oakland Athletics

They had such a puzzling offseason. The Yoenis Cespedes signing really didn’t seem to make much sense for a team clearly trying to rebuild. Manny Ramirez’ signing was equally baffling, and he’ll almost surely be traded if he can be even remotely good when he returns from suspension. The lineup looks very weak overall. Their rotation is mostly young and has potential, but this just isn’t their year.

Awards

NL MVP: Justin Upton, Arizona Diamondbacks
NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
NL Rookie of the Year: Yonder Alonso, San Diego Padres
NL Comeback Player of the Year: Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals
NL Manager of the Year: Mike Matheny, St. Louis Cardinals

AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
AL Cy Young: Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
AL Rookie of the Year: Matt Moore, Tampa Bay Rays
AL Comeback Player of the Year: Adam Dunn, Chicago White Sox
AL Manager of the Year: Ned Yost, Kansas City Royals

Playoffs

Wild Card

-Cardinals over Marlins
-Red Sox over Rays

Division Series

-Diamondbacks over Cardinals in 4
-Phillies over Reds in 5
-Tigers over Rangers in 4
-Yankees over Red Sox in 5

Championship Series

-Diamondbacks over Phillies in 6 (MVP: Justin Upton)
-Yankees over Tigers in 7 (MVP: CC Sabathia)

World Series
-Yankees over Diamondbacks in 5 (MVP: Mark Teixeira)
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

I think they might be taking a liberty on the hat color
Old 04-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right

Love that every division minus the AL Central looks super competitive this year. NL East has 4 teams that could win it, NL Central has 3, NL West has 3 maybe 4, AL East has 4, and AL West has 2. Gonna be an awesome year.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post

AL East

1. New York Yankees

Despite the AL East looking stacked, the Yankees seem like the clear choice here. They boast a great looking rotation and have depth at the AAA level should it be needed. Of course there’s the offense, which won’t be an issue at all. Mariano Rivera, Rafael Soriano, and David Robertson should form a three-headed monster in the back of the bullpen. I’d be shocked if the Yanks didn’t make the playoffs for the 17th time in 18 years.

2. Boston Red Sox (WC 1)

It will be a drama filled year in Boston, but Bobby Valentine is a good manager. I think he’ll right the ship and rebound from last year’s collapse with a vengeance. I definitely see a huge bounce back year from Carl Crawford, and the offense in general seems like it can carry the team. The bullpen is a bit spotty, but I think their rotation will come through – including a big year from Daniel Bard now that he’s finally a starter.

3. Tampa Bay Rays (WC 2)

I flip flopped a lot on my 2nd wild card pick, but it only seems fitting that the division that has been dominant in the Wild Card era will get both of them this year. They just have a ton of young talent and Joe Maddon always seems to get the best out of his players. Evan Longoria is fun to watch, and their rotation is teeming with good young pitching. Look for Matt Moore to be a beast in his first full big league season.
With the news of the Red Sox loosing Bailey for almost the entire season (I think August is his early return date), probably going to be Tampa taking the #2 spot.

Tampa is deep in quality for bullpen and pitching while Red Sox bullpen might be just as bad as last year and has no quality depth. Red Sox also have huge issues for #4 and #5 starters but do have stronger hitting and power in their lineup.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #11
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Orioles are going to surprise the world!

and finish 4th.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
MVP
Mas Vagina Porfavor

MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
AL East
Yankees
Red Sox
Rays
Blue Jays
Orioles

AL Central
Tigers
Indians
Royals
White Sox
Twins

AL West
Angels
Rangers
Mariners
Athletics

NL East
Marlins
Phillies
Nationals
Braves
Mets

NL Central
Reds
Cardinals
Brewers
Pirates
Cubs
Astros

NL West
Diamondbacks
Giants
Dodgers
Rockies
Padres

AL MVP: Miguel Cabrera
AL Cy Young: David Price
AL Rookie of the Year: Matt Moore
AL Manager of the Year: Joe Maddon
AL Comeback Player of the Year: Kendrys Morales

NL MVP: Justin Upton
NL Cy Young: Clayton Kershaw
NL Rookie of the Year: Drew Pomeranz
NL Manager of the Year: Bruce Bochy
NL Comeback Player of the Year: Adam Wainwright

AL Wild Card: Rangers over Red Sox
NL Wild Card: Cardinals over Phillies

ALDS: Tigers over Rangers, Angels over Yankees
NLDS: Cardinals over Diamondbacks, Marlins over Reds

ALCS: Tigers over Angels
NLCS: Cardinals over Marlins

World Series: Tigers over Cardinals

Maybe I'm being optimistic about the Red Sox finishing ahead of the Rays, but I don't care.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Fuck I wish I wasn't going to be in training at work tomorrow. My Opening Day watching streak is gonna come to an end.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:56 PM   #14
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yankees do some last minute moves.

Bill Hall didn't make the final roster. He elects free agency.

Traded pitcher George Kontos to the Giants for catcher Chris Stewart. Which leads to...........

Frankie Cervelli starting in AAA.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Andres Torres and Tim Byrdak both avoid starting the year on the DL, and so yesterday and today the Mets fielded their full Opening Day lineup for the first time all ST.

They are probably the healthiest team in the division at this point...not a sentence I'd ever thought I'd type.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
Kris P Lettus
Listen to Killer Mike

Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kris P Lettus makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
An aquarium behind home plate at Miami??
Old 04-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #17
Triple Naitch
Formerly Fausto Carmona

Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple Naitch makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Holy shit Ali got worse. I'm adding him to my 2013 Death Pool.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
Skippord
I'm Mr. White Christmas

Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I still the sculpture
Old 04-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #19
Droford

The green walls look like they should be replaced with computer graphics on tv.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 PM   #20
screech
Shelly Martinez = Ratings

screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
"It looks like a cruise ship had a baby with a spaceship." Love this crew.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #21
Droford

could there be anything worse than getting no hit in your new ballparks debut with your new team name and everything?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:07 PM   #22
screech
Shelly Martinez = Ratings

screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Damn you, Droford.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #23
Droford

The announcers jinxed it way more than I did!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #24
Droford

Im having a hard time getting over the fact the Orioles cant even beat a Community College Team. I understand the Manatees used Os pitchers and catchers and they only allowed them to score 2 runs, but still..
Old 04-04-2012, 11:54 PM   #25
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right

man i wish the cardinals werent so gay and fat and stupid
Old 04-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #26
OssMan
The Classic Dylan Staples

OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I wonder if I will watch 10 full games this season. Can people bet on how many they think I will watch
Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #27
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right

Like the innings will add up to equal 10 full games or you'll watch 10 games from start to finish?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #28
MVP
Mas Vagina Porfavor

MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)MVP has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Happy Opening Day everyone except Cardinals, Marlins, A's and Mariners fans!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #29
OssMan
The Classic Dylan Staples

OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)OssMan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme Olajuwon View Post
Like the innings will add up to equal 10 full games or you'll watch 10 games from start to finish?
10 full games start to finish
Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #30
Innovator
Inno Knows.

Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WOOOO OPENING FUCKING DAY
Old 04-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #31
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
WOOOO OPENING FUCKING DAY
Old 04-05-2012, 12:30 PM   #32
JimmyMess
Snow Mexican

JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)JimmyMess puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...164735728.html
Quote:
Baltimore Orioles lose to community college team

By David Brown | Big League Stew – 23 hours ago

Baltimore Orioles manager Buck Showalter termed the event a "controlled scrimmage." The opponent used pitchers (including left-hander Tsuyoshi Wada) and a catcher from the Orioles roster. Major league stars such as J.J. Hardy, Adam Jones and Matt Wieters took only a couple of turns apiece at the plate and played about five innings. And the adversaries played for eight innings total, not a full regulation game.

With that context — perhaps you call it "spin" — understood, there's no other way to put this: A community college team beat the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday.

State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota chapter, edged the O's 2-1 in a charity game at Ed Smith Stadium. The O's look like a charity case, all right. If this were European soccer, or if baseball did relegation, Nick Markakis might be carrying a book bag and a class schedule around Camden Yards this spring. And he didn't even play!
Orioles pitcher Jason Hammel, who has logged 734 career innings in the majors, allowed two runs and three hits over five innings to the Manatees. Those sweet, lovable manatees. SCF freshman Orlando Rivera — a freshman! — went 2 for 3 with a stolen base, scoring the eventual winning run on a wild pitch in the fifth inning. Hammel said very little about the experience to MLB.com:

"I got my work in, so let's leave it at that," said Hammel.

I'd just back away from him. Slowly.

Awesome. ha
Old 04-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #33
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Heard the Opening Day intros in the car during lunch. As expected, Pelfrey and Bay were loudly booed. Also heard a fair amount of boos for Frank Francisco based solely on his bad spring. Never change, Mets fans.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #34
Droford

Nolan Reimold will be coming out to the nWo Wolfpack theme this season.

lol
Old 04-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #35
Droford

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP View Post
Happy Opening Day everyone except Cardinals, Marlins, A's and Mariners fans!
Orioles dont open til tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #36
MVP
Mas Vagina Porfavor

Close enough.

Verlander is dealing right now.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #37
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
1st blown save in a Red Sox game and it doesn't involve the Red Sox bullpen.

Yeah Verlander looked just as dominating as he was last year.

Aceves

Last edited by Emperor Smeat; 04-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #38
MVP
Mas Vagina Porfavor

I hope that's not a preview of the bullpen this season.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #39
Skippord
I'm Mr. White Christmas

Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Skippord makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford View Post
Nolan Reimold will be coming out to the nWo Wolfpack theme this season.

lol
Giambi's been doing that for awhile

and it is the greatest thing ever so good call Nolan Reimold
Old 04-05-2012, 05:36 PM   #40
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

FIRST. FUCKING. PLACE! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Glad to see the pitching staff throwing up 0's. Sucks that Torres only played in one damn game though before re-aggravating his calf injury. Sounds like he's ticketed for the DL.