TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 02-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #1
Emeye
Amsel Dominique

Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)
WWE Championship Picture

I know there's been a million discussions in different threads about what should and will be fine with the WWE Championship picture. Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns, Rollins. I've read posters ideas about a Rollins cash in at Wrestlemania, or the ever-so-difficult double turn with Reigns and Lesnar. I've read rumors from everything involving Brock leaving after Mania, DB facing Sheamus, than Ziggler, then headlining WrestleMania. You have Heyman, The Authority, Sting, the Briefcase. Sooo many ways to go, which even though I try my hardest not to, kind of gives me high hopes for the Main Event of Mania (with the way the entire card is shaping up, we could have a historical show on our hands).

What would be everybody's ideal REALISTIC outcome?

I would prefer it to somehow end up with the main event being Lesnar/Reigns/Bryan for the belt in an elimination match. I would like to see the three have a solid match before all of the inevitable shenanigans (I mean come on, between The Authority including HHH, Rollins, Kane, J&J, maybe Show. You have the Briefcase involved. You have Heyman).
Anyway, I'd like to see a nice match for the first third of the match, followed by the shenanigans/everybody interfering for the second third, and the way I'd personally like to see the match end ...

I'd like to see Reigns taken out after a hard fought 2/3 of the Main Event of WrestleMania, in which he still looks strong because he fought his ass off and got screwed. Too lazy to think of anything great here, so Brock pins Reigns after, let's just say the Authority takes him out (whatever, yous catch my drift). Now Daniel Bryan can be one on one with Lesnar. Even have HHH and Heyman laughing, as if they know that Brock is going to destroy him.
I'd have Brock dominate almost Cena-like, but only for a short amount of time (we already ate in the final third of the match). Then, Bryan rallies, and does what nobody has been able to since the Beast's return: Chop him down. Kicks, submissions, everything. Brock gave Bryan his best, Bryan does the same.
Now this is the part that I'm undecided on. I want Bryan to get a CLEAN SUBMISSION over Brock (don't say it's dumb, we seen Frank Mir catch Brocks one single mistake and Lesnar had no choice but to tap). But before Brock submits to the Yes Lock, the Authority would have to do EVERYTHING possible to prevent it. The numbers are stacked against DB, but then .. Sting. Like I said, I'm undecided with this part, but hell, maybe even somehow get an insane, rampage Reigns to come back out for revenge for being screwed and eliminated, and he'd rather DB have the belt then Brock. Sting and Reigns even the odds enough for Bryan to apply the Yes Lock. Brock Taps !!
Of course, you know how this just end. As most of my off the top of the head idea here, I didn't think out any details before I started typing, so once again, I only know the outcome, didn't put any thought into the cause. But maybe a turn by one of the many names involved in this angle, a backup plan the whole time, hell maybe the original plan the whole time...
Bryan makes back to back amazing WrestleMania memories, probably the biggest back-to-back memories ever. Overcomes all odds to get to the Main Event, overcomes all odds to win the title in the Main Event, and then ... Poof.
Rollins cashes in, The Authority and Rollins leave with the title.

Aftermath. Bryan and Rollins feud for the title, if Brock stays and they still want to push Reigns, have them feud. Hell, another name the could be thrown into the hat of the dozen names that could impact the Main Event of WrestleMania .. Randy Orton.

Hopefully they don't screw it up. But I can honestly say, I'm not sure what's going to happen. Brock Lesnar, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns. HHH, Sting, Paul Heyman. Steph, Orton. Kane, Noble, Mercury. I see a lotttt of people coming down to ringside during the match, regardless of who ends up officially in it.

Well, I know my opinion was terribly written and not thought out, but I'm more interested in reading all of your thoughts. I've been on this site every day since before the forums. I love reading everybody's posts, and right now I'm bored, and this is just such a good topic, but it's discussions are spread all throughout different threads, and I just want to know what everyone thinks lol.
Emeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:55 AM   #2
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand

KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm glad to see people who realize that Bryan taking out Lesnar is very possible I also love the idea that if this does end up being a triple threat it'll force Roman to be a better performer.
So many ways this could be sooo good.

I'd be super into this were it not for the WWE's(or should I say Vince's) uncanny ability to fuck things up.
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:52 AM   #3
GD

GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Noid much? Where's the tl;dr version, am I right?
GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:49 AM   #4
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:47 AM   #5
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
STD to the rescue. Was just about to report this thread for false advertising.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #6
Emeye
Amsel Dominique

Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)Emeye is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Lol, ok, I'll give ya that, the actual picture was a good call.
And I'd love to have a nice, long Noid post in here. I find myself most interested in posts by Noid, XL, Rammsteinmadd, and Cool King in the wrestling forum. Was kind of hoping this thread would take off. There are sooo many possible scenarios, I would love to just have 2 or 3 pages of this topic to read about. The wrestling forum has sadly been overthrown by the backyard wrestling threads.
Post your thoughts, save the forum!
Old 02-13-2015, 06:32 PM   #7
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
You're right; there are so many elements at play, it makes it very interesting.

However, they had a similar scenario with the Rumble PPV, where a lot of us went in hoping for something interesting to happen, and, well, it didn't. Guess I've been burned by that.

They have all the components to make something amazing, I just don't trust them to do it.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:03 PM   #8
Emeye
Amsel Dominique

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
You're right; there are so many elements at play, it makes it very interesting.

However, they had a similar scenario with the Rumble PPV, where a lot of us went in hoping for something interesting to happen, and, well, it didn't. Guess I've been burned by that.

They have all the components to make something amazing, I just don't trust them to do it.
How would you personally like to see them handle the main event of WrestleMania? I'm just curious to what you think, you're one of the people I mentioned who's opinions I like to read on here, and I just think there are so many ways to go and so many people involved, it's definitely more unpredictable than the RR was.

But that was my point of this thread, just to hear everybody's personal ideas on how they would book it in a realistic way. All of the components could make this epic. And I like reading and laughing at the shit everyone says on the site, I've been on here every day for over a decade, but when everybody really posts their ideas, it usually ends up being a good read.
Old 02-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #9
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Spear/Knee combo by Bryan and Roman at the same time to knock out Lesnar. Then either Reigns Superman punches Bryan out of nowhere to pin him or Bryan hits the Knee out of nowhere to pin Reigns.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:49 PM   #10
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I still think that Daniel Bryan winning the Royal Rumble was the best option. In a non-literal sense, it was the only option. Bryan coming back from injury and being all "Hey, I know I never lost the WWE Title, but I'm just an upper mid-carder now," is way too passive for a WWE character. Bryan is also the most over guy on the roster, and in some ways, the most ready for the WWE to give the "OK, he's a major guy" spotlight. I get the company doesn't see him that way, but the thing about Bryan is that his organic rise sort of nullifies the usual criticisms. If you don't want to hang your hat on him forever, the good news is, he can be used to make other guys by having the best matches of their careers with them.

At Fast Lane, my heart just cannot say that Reigns should beat Bryan. I wouldn't have gone with this match in the first place, but now that Bryan is in there, I think it's just too messy. I'd suggest that Reigns get screwed by Rollins, but I think that hurts Bryan's momentum. I'd rather have Bryan catch Reigns in a Spear with The YES! Lock. Reigns fights and fights, but then taps out just as he is about to pass out.

Reigns is dejected, and Bryan is elated, and the two have a post-match moment where Bryan shows his respect for Reigns, and Reigns leaves Bryan to celebrate graciously. This is where Seth Rollins enters the story. Rollins mocks Reigns for not taking his shot, and if Rollins had the opportunity that Reigns had, he'd be walking out of WrestleMania 31 the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Perhaps Rollins also gets involved in Dean Ambrose's business at Fast Lane, and costs him the Intercontinental Title match to Barrett, because The Authority don't want him as a champion.

Ambrose and Reigns both have issues with Rollins. Bryan gets to tell the right story with Lesnar. WrestleMania gets back on track. By the way, I'd only keep the IC Title off Ambrose if Chris Jericho is available to work WrestleMania. If Jericho can work it, have him put over Barrett at the PPV. If he can't work it, then I can't think of a better IC Title match than the Shield Triple Threat. Ambrose can interject himself as the wild card, and because he still hates Rollins.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:06 PM   #11
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Reigns beats Bryan at Fastlane, then Randy Orton shows up on Raw wanting his rematch for the WWE title he never got. The Authority will only put him in the main event at WM if he beats Seth Rollins. After he beats Rollins, Reigns comes from the crowd and says he has won a spot in the main event twice already and if he wants in the WM main event he will have to beat him. The Athority like it and make the match the Raw main event. After a few RKO's Orton wins and is put into the main event at WM with Reigns and Leaner. The next week on Raw Seth Rollins is mad he lost to Orton and Bryan for potintal title shots announces that he is cashing in his briefcase and joining the main event at WM making it a fatal 4 way.

At WM Brock starts the match suplexing everyone over and over. Finally he singles in on Reigns and Rollins and Orton go at it. After Brock gets sick of beating up Reigns he goes after Rollins and Orton with a doulble suplex. After the three recover they all gang up on Lesner.Brock takes a few spears and RKOs and Rollins wants to elbow drop him on the Spanish announcer table after that Seth still insnt happy and wants to do the other table too Seth jumps and Orton pushes Brock off off the table and Seth crashes threw it. With Brock and Rollins down Reigns and Orton fight in the ring and Reigns grabs the upper hand. Reigns lands a super punch and goes for a pin 1,2 kickout. Reigns gets ready for a spear but Brock steps in front of and spears Orton instead. Reigns looking like he has seen a ghost then takes 3 more suplexes and an F5 then another one to Orton. Leaner goes for the pin but right at 2 Rollins nails Lesner with a curb stomp. Reigns gets up and him and Rollins fight out side the ring and Rollins pulls up the mats and curb stomps Reigns on the concrete. Back in the ring Orton seeing Brock down starts hearing voices and goes for the punt but right before he gets there Brock gets up and hit a belly to belly on Orton. Rollins gets back in the ring and tries to suplex Lesner but cant so Brock reverses and suplexes him. Brock nails a few F5s and walks around the ring like its easy looking at the crowd the suddenly boom an RKO outta no where. Orton goes for the pin but Reigns is back up and breaks the pin. Reigns and Orton fight some and the all four men are up again and starring each other down as the crowd cheers. They all go after one another and Reigns gains the momentum. Reigns hits Super Man punches on every one and J&J security hit the ring and receive spears. Then Reigns goes back to the match and singles out Rollins they fight on the out side and Seth gets speared threw the barrier. Reigns gets up and runs around the ring and kicks Lesner hanging on the apron. Next he gets in the ring and spears Orton as the crowd starts to boo Reigns. As Reigns goes for the pin Lesner gets up and picks Reigns up by his vest and F5s him. After that Brock and Randy go at it and Orton hits a DDT threw the ropes and then a RKO and the voices are back and he hits Lesner with a punt. Reigns gets up and takes a RKO and during the pin Rollins has gotten back up and curb stomps Orton off the top rope and pins him 1,2,3. New WWE champion Seth Rollins.

Last edited by Simple Fan; 02-13-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 03:56 AM   #12
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Another idea is to have Brock Lesnar cost Roman Reigns the match. This adds an interesting element to the Lesnar/Bryan dynamic, but it also protects Reigns and can create this idea that Lesnar might be afraid of him.

What does Reigns then do for Mania? Coming out of this all, his biggest enemies (besides Lesnar and Heyman) would be The Authority, and their avatar is Seth Rollins. And there's a lot of history between those two men. But then there's Randy Orton, whose path upon his return should focus on the destruction of Seth Rollins. I've long pushed for the Shield Triple Threat to happen, but it's hard to force Dean Ambrose in there organically, since he'll be all tied up with Bad News Barrett, or so logic would dictate; but a Triple Threat between Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Randy Orton actually makes a lot of sense, and adds a former WrestleMania headliner into their issues. Plus, Orton's whole thing is that he never received a one-on-one rematch for the title he never lost in a one-on-one scenario. If this match were for the Money in the Bank contract, it'd really fit all the characters involved.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

-Brock shows up at Fast Lane and costs Roman Reigns his title shot. "Why did Brock help Bryan?" is the money question heading into RAW. Is it because Brock thinks he will have an easier time beating Bryan at WrestleMania? I'm sure Bryan would say "NO!" to that, and would gladly step up his game to prove Lesnar (and Paul Heyman) wrong, even with Brock promising to end Bryan's career at WrestleMania by beating him to a pulp and destroying The YES! Movement just like he destroyed The Streak.

Triple Threat Match for the Money in the Bank Contract
Seth Rollins (current holder) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton

-Perhaps this a demand of Sting's in order for him to accept Triple H's challenge for a match at WrestleMania? Rollins is in possession of the golden ticket, and both Reigns and Orton want it -- as well as Rollins' blood on their hands -- and they're not afraid to step over each other to get it. All of Rollins' wicked deeds come back to bite him in the promise of this match, which is what WrestleMania should be about.

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Bad News Barrett

-After beating Barrett for his first IC Title at Fast Lane, Barrett becomes obsessed with winning his title back for the sixth time -- after all, he is the greatest IC Champion of the modern era, in his own mind. This would likely have some sort of gimmick added to it, so as not to be a straight rematch, and to play into both characters, which don't mind getting down and dirty. If WrestleMania has an interactive quality, it might be featured here, with the "WWE Universe" getting to decide which sort of brawl Ambrose and Barrett have over the title.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #13
XL
Feeling Oof-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeye View Post
How would you personally like to see them handle the main event of WrestleMania? I'm just curious to what you think, you're one of the people I mentioned who's opinions I like to read on here, and I just think there are so many ways to go and so many people involved, it's definitely more unpredictable than the RR was.

But that was my point of this thread, just to hear everybody's personal ideas on how they would book it in a realistic way. All of the components could make this epic. And I like reading and laughing at the shit everyone says on the site, I've been on here every day for over a decade, but when everybody really posts their ideas, it usually ends up being a good read.

So much smoke up my ass right now!

I was pretty much in line with Noid's thoughts; I wanted Bryan vs Lesnar at Mania.

It writes itself; a guy pushed to the top of the card due to the groundswell of support from the audience, a guy that the company don't have to do much for to create support (unlike Reigns) because it's so organic.

He never lost the title, and he'd be the personification of David vs Goliath in a match against Lesnar. The story they could tell in-ring would be amazing.

But we have the problem of Reigns.

The company want this guy to work, and I think they've a good chance...but they've messed up the timing. it may take years now to correct the situation; Reigns will spend time as a heel, develop a personality, and the crowd will get into him.

I don't have a problem with Reigns, he's pretty decent, but I can see that people don't like him having the rocket strapped to him. The problem is compounded by the uncertainty over Lesnar's future with the company; if he's done at Mania, the audience know that Reigns walks away as champion - the match is easily telegraphed.

Don't get me wrong; same situation with Bryan vs. Lesnar, however, I think the fans would prefer to go into Mania "knowing" that Bryan walks away as champion over Reigns taking the belt.

I disliked the idea of shoe-horning Bryan into a Triple Threat for the second year in a row, then it dawned on me; it's the perfect set up to add in the element of uncertainty; we know someone is walking away as the newly crowned champion, the question now becomes who?

Seth Rollins is the wildcard in all of this; could a first-ever cash-in at Mania be on the horizon?

Bryan/Reigns wins the belt only to have it snatched away by Rollins, setting up the post-Mania landscape seems like a good way to go. People will complain that "that's not how you end a Mania", but you can't always have the "feel-good babyface wins in the end" fairytale ending to Mania every year.

With The Authority likely vanquished by Sting at Mania, it's a way to have HHH get back at the Universe, and sets us up for a post-Lesnar WWE landscape.

Is Rollins ready to be WWE Champion? He's had a great run as a heel, with J&J working as great heaters for him, and he can deliver in the ring, and on the mic. Maybe you roll the dice on him.

I've even floated the idea that they have Lesnar retain the belt at Mania and do a title switch on the increasingly important "Raw After Mania", provided Lesnar will work one more day.

===========

I think what I'm saying is; I don't know for certain what I'd do, or what they'll do, and that's great. Unfortunately we work out every possible route and outcome to these things and they can come of anti-climatic, but that's the nature of being part of the "IWC".

I'm pretty excited to see where they go; but I said the same before the Rumble and they didn't pull the trigger on anything. Let's see how I feel after Fastlane.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:18 AM   #14
XL
Feeling Oof-y

It's also pretty ironic that they've scrapped the Elimination Chamber with all these different claims of contention for the title.

I've never been a fan of the "Gimmick PPV" forcing you to use certain matches, but they have the perfect set-up for the EC Match right now.

Reigns - Royal Rumble Winner
Bryan - Was never beaten for the title
Orton - Lost the belt in a Triple Threat without being pinned/submitting
Rollins - MITB Winner/de-facto #1 Contender with Authority backing

That's four spots full. Add in Show and Kane as Authority muscle (and have J&J get in the pod with Rollins for shits and giggles) and you've got yourself a pretty good EC match.

Oh well.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:46 AM   #15
Jazzy Foot

Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Weird as this sounds I wish it was Bryan v Reigns for the title with a feud that had built over time. I've enjoyed the heat between the two and seeing them both in a Hell in a Cell match would be quite awesome.

Unless of course they become a part of a triple threat match at WM 31.
Jazzy Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 11:53 AM   #16
Jazzy Foot

Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
It's also pretty ironic that they've scrapped the Elimination Chamber with all these different claims of contention for the title.

I've never been a fan of the "Gimmick PPV" forcing you to use certain matches, but they have the perfect set-up for the EC Match right now.

Reigns - Royal Rumble Winner
Bryan - Was never beaten for the title
Orton - Lost the belt in a Triple Threat without being pinned/submitting
Rollins - MITB Winner/de-facto #1 Contender with Authority backing

That's four spots full. Add in Show and Kane as Authority muscle (and have J&J get in the pod with Rollins for shits and giggles) and you've got yourself a pretty good EC match.

Oh well.

This has got me thinking. What is the main event of WM were to be a 4 way elimination match or otherwise including Lesnar, Rollins, Bryan and Reigns?

I somehow can't picture Reigns not being a part of the main event/title match having won the Royal Rumble and even if his spot is on the line. It just undermines the credibility of the RR match.

Bryan is clearly going to main event one way or another. I don't think a match would Ziggler would suffice and neither would a Sheamus return.

One possibility could be that Bryan and Reigns give it their absolute everything to the point they both get knocked out and both counted out by the referee. This would avoid a potential backlash like we had at the RR with the Bryan scenario and also fans wouldn't complain for refunds etc as the PPV is free on the network etc. Both men retain their spot in the match.

Rollins then complains about not being in the title picture and then offers to sacrifice the briefcase in return for his spot in the match?

Who would Rollins be fighting at Mania if not in the title match?

Note: I forgot, Orton is due to return so that could rule out the above.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:58 AM   #17
Innovator
Inno Knows.

Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lesnar uses Bryan like a bat to take out Roman

F5s Bryan into the stratosphere

He pins Roman before Bryan lands

Seth is forced to cash in against his will by Triple H, breaks down crying before he hits the ring. Brock eats him.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #18
XL
Feeling Oof-y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy Foot View Post
This has got me thinking. What is the main event of WM were to be a 4 way elimination match or otherwise including Lesnar, Rollins, Bryan and Reigns?

I somehow can't picture Reigns not being a part of the main event/title match having won the Royal Rumble and even if his spot is on the line. It just undermines the credibility of the RR match.

Bryan is clearly going to main event one way or another. I don't think a match would Ziggler would suffice and neither would a Sheamus return.

One possibility could be that Bryan and Reigns give it their absolute everything to the point they both get knocked out and both counted out by the referee. This would avoid a potential backlash like we had at the RR with the Bryan scenario and also fans wouldn't complain for refunds etc as the PPV is free on the network etc. Both men retain their spot in the match.

Rollins then complains about not being in the title picture and then offers to sacrifice the briefcase in return for his spot in the match?

Who would Rollins be fighting at Mania if not in the title match?

I think they're still wary of a Four way macth after WM16/2000. Also, Seth would be dumb to cash-in like that.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #19
Jazzy Foot

Quote:
I think they're still wary of a Four way macth after WM16/2000. Also, Seth would be dumb to cash-in like that.
Yeah that was a pretty terrible match.

Another triple-threat match would be dreary. If it is going to be one on one then Lesnar v Bryan make it the traditional Big Bully v the Small Guy with the big heart sort of angle. And if Lesnar is "turning face" as it were before leaving then perhaps once Bryan has cleanly pinned him or made him tapout, a handshake between the two. That would send the crowd home happy.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #20
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It wasn't his final match at a WrestleMania or anywhere.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #21
Jazzy Foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
It wasn't his final match at a WrestleMania or anywhere.
You're right it wasn't. I guess it was just an abiding memory of how bad that match was.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:10 PM   #22
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy Foot View Post

I mentioned a fatal 4 way in my post that involved Orton, Leaner, Reigns, and Rollins.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:53 PM   #23
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
WWE World Heavyweight Championship picture ≠ WWE Championship picture. #falseadvertising!
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #24
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

The last TRUE WWE Championship before its reputation was sullied by the World Heavyweight Championship's lineage.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote