TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 02-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #721
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Of all the potential challengers for Neville at WrestleMania, I think Aries is really quite far down the list. More likely he ends up in a Kickoff match with a lot of the guys not involved in the main show title match. Aries, Kendrick, Nese, Gulak, Dar & Daivari vs. Tozawa, Tajiri, Metalik, Swann, Alexander & Ali or something. Neville in the title match seems like a safe bet, and I imagine that it'll be a babyface challenging him and Neville will just beat them if they aren't over by that point in time.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #722
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As for how they get rid of Daniel Bryan, I imagine they'll just have him announce he is taking time off to be with Brie and his new child. Or Shane will start getting booed once he is interacting with AJ Styles, and Shane will go on a power trip, turning heel and firing Bryan.

I think your card is very close to what it will be, Vito, except I think the SmackDown Women's Title ends up on the Kickoff, as does the RAW Tag Team Title match (and I think it involves New Day who do double-duty in the Battle Royal) and that Neville defends the belt one-on-one versus someone. My guess is that it might be Tozawa. I think the Kickoff will also have a WWE UK Championship match. Change the SmackDown Tag Title match to Alpha challenging The Revival and Ambrose defends the IC Title in the Ladder Match. Ambrose, Corbin, Kalisto, Crews, Ziggler, Kane and Harper. Aries leads a heel team against some babyfaces on the Kickoff to pimp 205 Live and the division as being "crazy" and add Emmalina into the RAW Women's Title match to make it a Fatal 5-Way. I'm also not entirely convinced Goldberg wins at Fastlane. I can see Brock costing Goldie to further their "personal" issues, while Owens heads into the title vs. title scenario with Jericho to give it some extra "oomph" and make sure both "World Titles" are firmly planted in the mid-card.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #723
Mr. Nerfect

I'm also going to go against rumors and predict that Goldberg vs. Brock isn't the main event. I think Reigns/Taker headlines just to piss people off and send the point loud and clear.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:46 PM   #724
Mr. Nerfect

Oh, and I think it is Miz & Natalya vs. Cena & Nikki. The heat between Nikki and Nattie is good, well established and provides a really good throughline to WrestleMania. They've been feuding since November. Maryse can be at ringside.

While the WWE is very careful to not have women get beat up by the men, they are not opposed to having the women beat up the men. Do not be surprised if there is a segment of the match where Natalya does some cool shit to John Cena (rolling Germans and a Sharpshooter or something). At this point in his career, Cena is bulletproof, so "selling for a girl" won't hurt him. It'll get a big pop and will be a WrestleMania moment in and of itself. I also expect The Miz to go into overdrive with his promo work for the match, talking about how he beat Cena in the main event of WrestleMania 27 and it is now his kingdom. While this seems low for Cena, and it is, they will do their best to make it "heavyweight."

It wouldn't be the strangest thing WWE has ever done to get it to headline either. I'm not going to go as far as predict that will happen, but given that nothing really jumps out as a true main event (Goldberg vs. Brock will be shorter than people are expecting, and they might not want to end with Reigns vs. Taker), Cena proposing to Nikki to close the show is a "fairy tale" ending. The WWE will also be able to tick off the box of having women main event a Mania.

I mean, there's no reason for it to headline in kayfabe terms, but kayfabe is dead and sodomized at this point.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #725
Mr. Nerfect

Kind of think that WrestleMania is eventually going to become an all-day thing. They seem to have this mentality that "more is better" which makes me wonder if they are going to break off even all of the "let's amalgamate these issues into one match" matches into separate bouts.

For example, I would not be flabbergasted to see Sasha Banks turn on Bayley heading into WrestleMania and for them to have a singles match away from the Women's Title. They can still do the Charlotte/Emmalina/Dana Brooke stuff I have been predicting for ages, with Charlotte turning face and challenging. She is the star of the division at this point -- I wouldn't put it past the WWE to book Emmalina to get the belt off Charlotte just to give Charlotte a WrestleMania moment where she wins it back.

Ambrose vs. Corbin might not be exciting enough to appeal to most of us, but does it find its way onto a 7-hour WrestleMania? Possibly. It'll probably be forgotten about by Monday, but people need a place other than intermission to piss.

I'm also not entirely convinced that they're going to do Jericho vs. Owens either. Occam's razor would suggest that is the plan, but I can see Vince just changing his mind on that. Given that both men are such heels, I can see their teases of the match just being heels grabbing each other's ass in the locker-room. Given that he's taken out Seth Rollins, it doesn't really make sense for Joe to be not be rewarded, and what would his price be? A shot at the Universal Title at WrestleMania makes logical sense. Sometimes logical writing gets in the way of natural booking, but that's the era we live in. If Balor is healthy for WrestleMania, and that seems to be the plan, then having him crash whatever party is going on around Owens and the Universal Title is the most obvious outcome.

Coming out of Fastlane, I imagine that Strowman will still be a focus too. He seems like an obvious choice for the Battle Royal winner, but he's been "hot" lately so I can see them doing something more featured with him. Strowman vs. Joe makes sense in a "who is going to break through to the main event first?" sort of deal, but Strowman being in that Universal Title/US Title scene makes sense too. Ultimately, I can see five men floating around that Owens/Jericho stuff -- Balor, Joe and Strowman all being in the conversation. If they split the RAW women's programs up, they could throw them into a multi-man, or do a WrestleMania X deal where Balor vs. Joe vs. Strowman happens with the winner taking on the winner of Owens vs. Jericho later in the night. Owens makes it past Jericho but then loses the belt to Balor? I dunno, I just feel that WrestleMania could be a different kind of beast. More likely that it's just going to be what Vito posted though.
Old 02-11-2017, 04:45 PM   #726
Mr. Nerfect

At this point, given that there doesn't feel like a "true" main event, Orton vs. Bray might very well close the show.
Old 02-11-2017, 05:00 PM   #727
Mr. Nerfect

These will not be accurate predictions, but look at the potential length of this card from RAW matches alone. You can almost do two WrestleManias:

Triple Threat Match for the Universal Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Finn Balor

Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar III

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

Braun Strowman vs. Samoa Joe

RAW Women's Championship
Emmalina (c) vs. Charlotte

Cruiserweight Championship
Neville (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

RAW Tag Team Championship
The Hardys (c) vs. The New Day

Sasha Banks vs. Bayley

United States Championship
Sami Zayn (c) vs. Rusev

Cesaro vs. Sheamus

Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass

12-Man Cruiserweight Kickoff
Austin Aries, The Brian Kendrick, TJ Perkins, Noam Dar, Drew Gulak & Ariya Daivari vs. Akira Tozawa, Tajiri, Rich Swann, Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik & Mustafa Ali
Old 02-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #728
Mr. Nerfect

SmackDown's counterpoint could be:

WWE Championship
Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

Mixed Tag Team Match
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Natalya

SmackDown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch

TLC Match for a SmackDown Tag Team Championship shot
The Usos vs. The Fashion Police vs. The Ascension vs. The Vaudevillains

Triple Threat Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin vs. Luke Harper

Hair vs. Mask Match
Dolph Ziggler vs. Kalisto

WWE UK Championship
Tyler Bate (c) vs. Jack Gallagher

Kane vs. James Ellsworth

Hardcore Match for the honorary ECW Championship
Rhyno (c) vs. Heath Slater

Mickie James vs. Naomi

Apollo Crews vs. Mojo Rawley

SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Revival (c) vs. American Alpha

Kickoff Match
Pete Dunne vs. Trent Seven

Admittedly that's not the most heavyweight card, but if you throw in things like Alpha being accompanied by Hulk Hogan and you really let AJ Styles, it could deliver and help some of those undercard guys who are struggling find places. Kane vs. Ellsworth would just be a squash. Rawley has got heel potential. The TLC match seems like it has odd placement and is a generally weird addition, but I think it would call back to that time they first gave Edge & Christian and The Hardys a ladder and gave them the chance to try and get over. It also allows you to place The Revival in the actual title match without politically stepping over everybody else's spot. I suppose you could not do Slater vs. Rhyno and have them in there if you want a babyface team people care about, but you could also call up The Dudleys and just trim The Ascension and Vaudevillains from the match, but I think it would be kind to give them a shot here. Overall, that means you'd be getting 26 main show matches across a weekend.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #729
Mr. Nerfect

I doubt they'd put him in there because of his age, but I would mark the fuck out for a Johnny Saint appearance in the Battle Royal to interact with Jack Gallagher.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:31 PM   #730
Mr. Nerfect

I also want Dean Malenko to be in under the Ciclope mask.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:34 PM   #731
Mr. Nerfect

Road Dogg, D'Lo Brown, X-Pac and Too Cool add some more Attitude era flavor.
Old 02-11-2017, 07:27 PM   #732
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
These will not be accurate predictions, but look at the potential length of this card from RAW matches alone. You can almost do two WrestleManias:

Triple Threat Match for the Universal Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Chris Jericho vs. Finn Balor

The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

Braun Strowman vs. Samoa Joe

RAW Women's Championship
Emmalina (c) vs. Charlotte

RAW Tag Team Championship
The Hardys (c) vs. The New Day

Sasha Banks vs. Bayley

Sami Zayn (c) vs. Rusev

Cesaro vs. Sheamus

Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass

12-Man Cruiserweight Kickoff
Austin Aries, The Brian Kendrick, TJ Perkins, Noam Dar, Drew Gulak & Ariya Daivari vs. Akira Tozawa, Tajiri, Rich Swann, Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik & Mustafa Ali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
SmackDown's counterpoint could be:

WWE Championship
Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

Mixed Tag Team Match
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Natalya

SmackDown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch

TLC Match for a SmackDown Tag Team Championship shot
The Usos vs. The Fashion Police vs. The Ascension vs. The Vaudevillains

Triple Threat Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin vs. Luke Harper

Hair vs. Mask Match
Dolph Ziggler vs. Kalisto

WWE UK Championship
Tyler Bate (c) vs. Jack Gallagher

Kane vs. James Ellsworth

Hardcore Match for the honorary ECW Championship
Rhyno (c) vs. Heath Slater

Mickie James vs. Naomi

Apollo Crews vs. Mojo Rawley

SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Revival (c) vs. American Alpha

Kickoff Match
Pete Dunne vs. Trent Seven

Admittedly that's not the most heavyweight card, but if you throw in things like Alpha being accompanied by Hulk Hogan and you really let AJ Styles, it could deliver and help some of those undercard guys who are struggling find places. Kane vs. Ellsworth would just be a squash. Rawley has got heel potential. The TLC match seems like it has odd placement and is a generally weird addition, but I think it would call back to that time they first gave Edge & Christian and The Hardys a ladder and gave them the chance to try and get over. It also allows you to place The Revival in the actual title match without politically stepping over everybody else's spot. I suppose you could not do Slater vs. Rhyno and have them in there if you want a babyface team people care about, but you could also call up The Dudleys and just trim The Ascension and Vaudevillains from the match, but I think it would be kind to give them a shot here. Overall, that means you'd be getting 26 main show matches across a weekend.
Wrestlemania should be a 2 night thing now with the brand split
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 10:00 PM   #733
Mr. Nerfect

I'm in agreement there.
Old 02-11-2017, 10:08 PM   #734
Mr. Nerfect

I just fantasy booked a more succinct card. There's no way it happens, obviously, but I managed to get it down to 11 matches, with basically everybody important getting a spot. I purposely left off guys that would be pushing a return because they'll be back from injury. Hold them off. I also passed on a Triple H match, which is completely unrealistic.

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
John Cena (c) vs. Randy Orton vs. AJ Styles

Universal Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs. The Undertaker

The Rock's Segment
The Miz comes out and complains about now having a WrestleMania match. Rusev comes out and he and Miz bicker about who are the best power couple in WWE. James Ellsworth and Carmella join the fray. The Rock and Ronda Rousey come out and beat everyone up.

Snake Bight Street Fight
Bray Wyatt vs. Luke Harper

Fatal 4-Way for the Unified Women's Championship
Charlotte vs. Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley

Unified WWE Tag Team Championship
Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens vs. American Alpha

Sami Zayn (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

Six-Man Tag Team Match
Braun Strowman, Sheamus & Cesaro vs. The New Day

Intercontinental Championship
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Samoa Joe

* Joe wins the IC Title after forcing Ambrose into the Coquina Clutch.

* The New Day pick up the win when Cesaro is clocked by the trombone while he has a New Day member in the Sharpshooter. Strowman Chokeslams Sheamus and Cesaro after the match.

* Nakamura successfully completes his journey to the United States by capturing its championship in his main roster debut.

* American Alpha, backed by Hulk Hogan, unify the RAW and SmackDown Tag Team Championship. Jericho & Owens beat Hogan down at ringside at one point, but this allows Gable to tag out and Jordan to clean house and force Jericho to submit to the Ankle Lock.

* Becky Lynch unifies the Women's Championship in a Clash of the Four Horsewomen. Sasha Banks taps out away Charlotte's PPV streak for her.

* Luke Harper wins a wild brawl against Bray Wyatt when he finally connects with Sister Abigail to his former mentor.

* Kota Ibushi and Neville tear it up and deliver what is surely to be a MOTY candidate. Ibushi wins the CW Title, making it a great night for Japanese stars in the WWE. Prior to the match, we are shown many cruiserweight legends in the crowd, including Dean Malenko who pulls off a Ciclope mask. I want that spot, dammit.

* The Miz complains right after such a great match about how he is too good a wrestler to be left off WrestleMania. Rusev comes out, Ellsworth comes out, The Rock cleans it all up and introduces the special attraction match.

* Shaq beats Big Show in a carefully put together match.

* Goldberg beats Brock Lesnar defying the odds once again.

* Roman Reigns successfully defends his custom-made belt against The Undertaker, getting huge heat in the process. This is his yard now.

* AJ Styles wins the WWE Title in the true main event when he forces Cena to submit to the Calf-Crusher.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:33 AM   #735
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Good lord these cards are way too goddamn long. Not every team gets to play in the Superbowl.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:11 AM   #736
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile X View Post
Good lord these cards are way too goddamn long. Not every team gets to play in the Superbowl.
Unfortunately these days everybody does get on the WrestleMania card. You also have a whole bunch of legends that come out of the woodwork to get the spotlight, even if their scheduled opponent has to pull out due to injury.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:42 AM   #737
Rammsteinmad
TPWW's #3 Peep

Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile X View Post
I was thinking the same. I remember when Wrestlemania really seemed like a show for the best of the best... now everyone's booking matches to cater to everyone on the roster.

Kalisto, Apollo Crews, Jack Gallagher, Mojo Rawley, the Ascension, the Vaudevillains etc should be nowhere near Wrestlemania at this point unless it's the clusterfuck battle royal match.
Rammsteinmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:44 AM   #738
Rammsteinmad
TPWW's #3 Peep

Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Rammsteinmad makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Also, unless it's a surprise entrant in said battle royal, no NXT matches or superstars should be on the show.
Rammsteinmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #739
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad View Post
I was thinking the same. I remember when Wrestlemania really seemed like a show for the best of the best... now everyone's booking matches to cater to everyone on the roster.

Kalisto, Apollo Crews, Jack Gallagher, Mojo Rawley, the Ascension, the Vaudevillains etc should be nowhere near Wrestlemania at this point unless it's the clusterfuck battle royal match.
Most of the filler guys are used in the battle royal.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:49 PM   #740
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ex writer who has been leaking shit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kirisatha...93839053381633
if Mania's got you down, the night AFTER Mania will lift your spirits. I might have to extend my trip a day
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 04:59 PM   #741
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BROKEN Hasney View Post
Ex writer who has been leaking shit:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kirisatha...93839053381633
if Mania's got you down, the night AFTER Mania will lift your spirits. I might have to extend my trip a day
This isnt working
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:09 PM   #742
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
https://twitter.com/kirisatha96/stat...93839053381633

Its the same stuff Hasney wrote below the link.

I'd assume some combo between Revival, DIY, Asuka, Dillinger, and Nakamura are getting called up that night.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #743
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
IMO aside from the obvious there are several guys who have EARNED a spot at Mania this year that aren't likely to get a big spot. Mostly notable The New Day. They are stale as week old bread and that is on WWE. The biggest black performers they have had and there is no obvious spot on the card this year, in addition to that, one of the most over acts by far of the whole year. They need to be positioned well. Enzo and Cass have earned at least an opening match spot, they are absolutely worth it. The women deserve and have earned at least two spots on the card. I'd make one a singles championship match and it must include Charlotte, and the other I'd make a brand vs brand multiwoman tag. If they are going with Cena/Niki vs Miz/Maryse, those are absolutely the wrong choices they haven't done shit all year. Caesaro and Sheamus also deserve a spot being long time solid hands and capable of a great match. Perhaps a three team tag team title match with New Day vs Caesaro and Sheamus vs Enzo and Cass would be a fantastic opener to WM this year.

I have no issue with Legends taking spots at WM, they are Legends and I enjoy seeing them, they earned their spot years ago, that doesn't evaporate with time.

I DO NOT care to see Shane McMahon wrestle on this card, that is absolutely a waste of talent. Last year he wanted to jump off a 40 foot Cell and you could argue that was a worth while moment, however did it mean anything? Did it come close to the bump Foley took? Absolutely not, lesson learned, keep him off!

Styles should wrestle Cena, it's been done and done but then again so was Tanahashi and Okada and each time it just got better and better.

Bray has not EARNED a title push but he does have the potential to make that work and Bray vs Orton is fresh and interesting, not my first choice but I'll take it.

Goldberg and Brock is going to be the shortest WM main event of all time but who cares, it's gonna be charged and fucking awesome.

Owens and Jericho is a great story and that absolutely must happen.

Rollins and Triple H is a a must happen, the story is years in the making. Even though it's dried like old paint by now, I know when that video package rolls and Rollins hits the ring and turns it on like never before, and Triple H starts locking in his moveset from 1999, we will see again why he is a league above about anybody in the company right now.

Shaq and Show... agh... I could care less, I mean Meltzer says it's a lock but I just don't care and I don't think the mainstream will either. I'd put them in the battle royal but whatever, just keep it short and for fucks sake give Show the win.

Reigns and Undertaker does nothing for me, I'd rather that Taker causes a schmoz at Fastlane and that match ends up a Triple Threat. Undertaker looked horrible at the Rumble and I don't expect much at Mania, throw another guy in there and make it interesting. Strowman wins over Taker, after the match Roman turns legit heel on Taker.

Sami Zayn has totally earned a spot, I'd throw him against Ambrose for the IC after leaving Raw for whatever creative reason they could come up with.

If Nakamura is to be on the card I'd put him against Styles, Joe, or Cena. But I don't think he will be.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #744
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Oh just had a thought about Nakamura. If he were to come up to a main roster this season it should really be Smackdown. Joe went to Raw, Raw has a lot of talent and Smackdown is skim right now. Put Nakamaura on Smackdown and have him challenge Ambrose for the IC Title and win, turn Ambrose heel after losing or during the build up and have them feud for a few more months to acclimate Nakamura to the main stream audience. Have Nakamaura win as punishment to Ambrose being a sucker in his interviews and lazy in the ring.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:39 PM   #745
Jordan
It's a blood match!

My ideal card since I was so critical of everyone else.

Universal Championship
Goldberg (c) vs Lesnar

WWE Championship
Wyatt (c) vs Orton

Reigns vs Undertaker vs Strowman

Cena vs Styles

Triple H vs Seth Rollins

Jericho (c) vs Owens

Intercontinental Championship
Ambrose (c) vs Nakamaura

Raw Womens Championship
Charlotte (c) vs Becky Lynch (challenges from Smackdown Live!)

Smackdown! Womens Championship
Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks (challenges from Raw)

Raw Tag Team Championship
The New Day vs Caesaro & Sheamus vs Enzo and Cass

KICK OFF SHOW

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Featuring ... The Big Show, Shaq, Baron Corbin, Luke Harper, The Miz, American Alpha, Andreson & Gallows, The Uso's, Samoa Joe, James Elsworth other cruiserweights etc...

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Neville (c) vs Austin Aries
Old 02-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #746
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammsteinmad View Post
Also, unless it's a surprise entrant in said battle royal, no NXT matches or superstars should be on the show.
I dunno, I could go for Asuka straight murdering a bitch during or after the SD! LIVE Women's Championship match.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 AM   #747
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Noid has some especially terrible ideas in this thread.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #748
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
^Agreed
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:40 AM   #749
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
Noid has some especially terrible ideas in this thread.
Hombre, most of them are in response to what the WWE is actually building.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:43 AM   #750
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah, Noid. You need more genius ideas like rivals wishing death on each other and then making up off camera and randomly being BFFs again without any explanation. Ideas like that really show how much thought WWE puts into their ideas and how willing they are to adapt to the situation to please the audience. Get on their level, please.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:55 AM   #751
Mr. Nerfect

I've been thinking about what AJ Styles could do at WrestleMania besides working with Shane, because that seems to have a lot of people down. I'd be fine with the match, in the sense that the company considers it a big deal and it'll probably babyface Styles, but I like thinking of others possibilities because Shane isn't needed at all for Mania this year.

Cena & Nikki vs. Miz & Maryse is the big rumor, and that is being set up by a powder spill. What if they actually went with Cena & Nikki vs. AJ & Natalya for Mania? It would be the culmination to actually established rivalries. The crowd goes nuts whenever Cena and Styles are together in the ring. Nattie is a great worker and Nikki is going to be there, so deal with it. You can have Cena and Styles tear it up and then the girls can roll around and do their thing.

Ambrose, Corbin, Miz, Crews, Kalisto, Ziggler and either Kane or Harper can be in that Ladder Match they look to do. It'd have more energy than Corbin vs. Ambrose one-on-one. I feel like that is a worthy spot for The Miz, since he was the most notable IC Champion of 2016.

When it comes to the other women, I'm still a big fan of putting the Four Horsewomen in the ring together. I think Orlando will respond a lot better to that than a Fatal 4-Way with Becky swapped out for Nia Jax. It just doesn't have the same charisma to it. People will get into the story of the Four Horsewomen they got behind in NXT making it to a title match on the big stage. Bayley was missing last year.

To get Becky over to RAW, you don't need much by way of creative wriggling. Have Bayley, now the champion, request the match. She's a fangirl gimmick, she can always say it was her "dream match" or whatever. Stephanie doesn't like the idea of giving a RAW girl a title shot (obviously) and says that Becky can only join the match if she leaves SmackDown. Becky is torn, because SmackDown is her home and Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon showed such faith in her. Daniel Bryan does a segment with her where he says that Becky has the opportunity to stand in the ring and give the fans a dream match they have wanted to see since they started following these women's careers. She doesn't disgrace SmackDown by going over there -- she makes it proud and these people will always be behind her. Becky jumps over and wears a torn piece of a SmackDown shirt around her arm to remind the fans that she hasn't forgotten where her "brand split era" home is.

That leaves the SmackDown Women's Title slot free. Alexa Bliss is the former champion, but I'm not particularly interested in seeing her chase. I'd rather see her blame Mickie James for being an albatross around her neck and wrestle her on the Kickoff. I know it's similar to Jericho/Owens, but I don't think people will confuse the two. It gives the team a chance to segue into discussion about that match too. Bliss would learn a lot by working Mickie, and the fans want to cheer Mickie anyway.

As for the SD Women's Title, I feel that a big problem with all these belts is that you can't have two effectively showcased on a big show like this without them being repeats of the same drama. "Who is the best woman in the world? Answer: It's A AND B! Everybody wins!". But the WWE are in a pickle where if they don't showcase both champions, it looks like they're discarding one, which isn't the best face for a "Revolution." Therefore, I think featuring the champion is a good idea, but having another multi-woman match is a big excessive. This is why I'd run Naomi vs. Carmella. Right now, people see Carmella as the lowest on the totem pole, which might translate to heat at WrestleMania. She can come out, cut a "hottest chick in the ring" promo and hopefully get some good heat, then Naomi can come out, do her dancing shtick and then she kicks Carmella in the head and drops her like a sack of shit. Naomi gets the pin and retains the Women's Title in seconds. James Ellsworth grabs the mic and says that this ain't going down that way and there's no way Naomi is leaving here the Women's Champion. He challenges her for the belt right there and then. Naomi looks at Ellsworth like he is insane, makes her way back to the ring (not an official match, obviously) and kicks Ellsworth in the head too. She then mock covers Ellsworth, grabs the unconscious Carmella's arm and counts the pin on her boyfriend and walks out of her hometown triumphant.

It's simple, it doesn't stretch the talents of either girl, it saves the competitive women's action for later, and it's a fun moment people might remember more vividly than a sloppy match between Naomi and one of the less experienced girls on the roster.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #752
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
You actually have too many endings in general. WWE likes to build up stories and then drop them suddenly. A lot of the geeks here think it's because they're really bad at hashing things out and probably shouldn't have jobs as professional writers. But really it's just a genius way to keep the audience guessing. Most of the time when you watch a show you're just thinking "How's it gonna end?" WWE takes it a step further and makes you ask "IS it gonna end?" Just shows how ahead of the game WWE is.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:56 AM   #753
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Yeah, Noid. You need more genius ideas like rivals wishing death on each other and then making up off camera and randomly being BFFs again without any explanation. Ideas like that really show how much thought WWE puts into their ideas and how willing they are to adapt to the situation to please the audience. Get on their level, please.
I think I need to try and come up with more ways to get the main belt into the mid-card.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:57 AM   #754
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

P.S. Sorry for the gimmick infringement.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:59 AM   #755
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
You actually have too many endings in general. WWE likes to build up stories and then drop them suddenly. A lot of the geeks here think it's because they're really bad at hashing things out and probably shouldn't have a job as professional writers. But really it's just a genius way to keep the audience guessing. Most of the time when you watch a show you're just thinking "How's it gonna end?" WWE takes it a step further and makes you ask "IS it gonna end?" Just shows how ahead of the game WWE is.
I like how the story of Cena and Styles being on a different level is going to segue into Cena fighting with his girlfriend against a mid-carder and his non-wrestler wife. But I most admire the symmetry between the two current title programs, with two former allies fighting over the brand's highest ranked title. Well, they might move the Universal Title onto Goldberg in order to move it onto Brock, but at least they'll still have the US Title involved.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:00 AM   #756
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
P.S. Sorry for the gimmick infringement.
I'm just glad someone can recognize it as a gimmick.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #757
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Almost forgot. You gotta work in a good fart or shit storyline somewhere if you wanna be on WWE's level. Haven't seen one instance of someone farting mid-match and clearing the ring in anything you've written. Would be cutting edge television.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #758
Mr. Nerfect

As I said, I was thinking about AJ Styles and all the other things he could do besides wrestling Shane McMahon and got distracted with all the women's programs. Another idea, as lame as this sounds at first, is to have Styles enter the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

You would do this ONLY if he were going to win it or be the final guy eliminated. My heart wants him to win it, but I can see the rational in a heel tossing him out at the end after the match has been all about him. But the idea behind it is that Styles hasn't been given his one-on-one rematch for the WWE Title and doesn't feel as appreciated as he should be on SmackDown (the logical set-up for the Shane match -- unless one of Shane's kids suddenly develops a soccer mom haircut). He decides he is going to enter the Battle Royal, with the intention of winning it and slamming the trophy down on Shane's desk. He's the best, he can fight the entire roster at once, and he's going to do just that at WrestleMania. He is the true giant in WWE -- it his talent that makes him a giant.

When he enters that Battle Royal, he is going to be cheered like crazy. Ignoring a wrestler's talents is the best way to get them over in this era, as Daniel Bryan proved. The crowd is not going to be into anyone as much as AJ Styles out there. Samoa Joe is likely to be in the Battle Royal at this point too, so you can do a Styles vs. Joe segment in the match. Gallows & Anderson can be in there and have a few cute moments with Styles. But basically you have Styles run the gauntlet and he's the last guy in there with Braun Strowman. Everyone's prediction to win. The crowd would be going nuts for Styles. Braun tosses Styles around a lot, but Styles is the scrappy underdog (in the casual fan's mind, even though he believes in himsef) and manages to pull out some impressive shit on Strowman. Eventually, somehow, someway, AJ Styles wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. He goes down and poses with the trophy, proving that he is truly in a class of his own. It wouldn't be the biggest moment they could give Styles, but it would be his moment.

Given that they are doing that documentary with HBO Sports, I imagine they'll want to make the Battle Royal a big deal too. Styles is the guy to put in a match when you want it to be a big deal in 2017.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #759
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Almost forgot. You gotta work in a good fart or shit storyline somewhere if you wanna be on WWE's level. Haven't seen one instance of someone farting mid-match and clearing the ring in anything you've written. Would be cutting edge television.
Natalya should fart on Nikki Bella at some point in this feud. I think it might be why the crowd was zoning out at Elimination Chamber. Not enough farting.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:10 AM   #760
Mr. Nerfect

A third AJ Styles idea (this one being my least favorite):

Styles has had enough of Shane and Bryan holding him down on SmackDown, so he jumps to RAW and helps Gallows & Anderson retain the RAW Tag Team Titles and they start a feud with The New Day. So far The New Day don't have anything planned for WrestleMania. They are an over act that can handle the spotlight, and Styles being in there with Gallows & Anderson at least gives the RAW Tag Team Champions a reason for appearing on the main card.