TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > mma forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
Mr. C
Ghost town

Mr. C is "reptacular" (2,500+)Mr. C is "reptacular" (2,500+)Mr. C is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Mauricio Rua Says Bring On Anderson Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleacher Report
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua claims he'd have no qualm standing opposite MMA's most efficient striker.

"Yes, of course. I'm a professional fighter," Rua told ESPN's crew when asked if he'd like to defend his title against UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva.

While most have made it perfectly clear they'd prefer not to face friends or teammates, Shogun would like to test his skills against Silva, despite their history and relationship many moons ago. If a challenge is what Silva has been seeking, then a tango with Shogun might be exactly what The Spider needs to recapture his mojo. UFC President Dana White has already stated that the winner of the fight between former champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans isn't guaranteed a shot at the crown, so who knows what the promoter might have up his sleeve.

The 28-year-old's predecessor, Lyoto Machida, had declared that he'd never fight Silva. Silva and Machida's relationship complicated matters for the Middleweight Champion, who to this point has no equal at 185 pounds and has won all 11 of his bouts inside the Octagon, a record for the promotion.
Works out well for the UFC because Silva can fight for the title. I love that Shogun said he'd fight Silva.