TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 06-24-2012, 11:52 PM   #521
TNARICK,,,

TNARICK,,, does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Karen Angle speaks on her transition from stay-at-home wife and mother to on-screen cougar in heat, the possibility of stepping into the ring with Kong, and her husband Kurt's chances against Brock Lesnar...

Today's TNA Conference Call with Karen Angle was her first full-length interview since joining TNA last August, and Karen seemed eager to share her thoughts on the way that joining TNA has changed not only her life, but that of her entire family as well. Karen's transition from stay-at-home wife of a WWE Superstar to the on-camera wife of the TNA World Heavyweight Champion was a theme that ran throughout the interview. Life in the Angle family was difficult during her husband Kurt's tenure in WWE. The WWE travel schedule was extremely grueling, and it wasn't uncommon for Kurt to only be home four days a month. The intense travel schedule not only tore Kurt away from his family, but it also wreaked havoc on his body. The wear and tear on Kurt Angle's body, compounded by the strain it was putting on his family, eventually lead Karen to plead with Kurt to leave WWE. "I think probably for the last three years he was with WWE, I begged him to quit," she said today. "It was three years. It just wasn't a healthy place for him to be at that time."

But all of that changed in 2006 when Kurt Angle left WWE and debuted in TNA. The comparatively light TNA schedule gave Kurt the time he needed to reconnect with his family and heal his broken body, and for that Karen is immensely grateful to Dixie Carter. "TNA couldn't have been more welcoming to Kurt and his dreams and ambitions," Karen recalls. "I've told Dixie Carter that she's been an angel to our family. She gave Kurt his life back." The way that the TNA schedule has allowed Kurt's body to heal is particularly amazing to Karen. "As I've said before, he has not been healthier than he is right now in eleven years. I can look at him and see him doing this for another ten or fifteen years. Do I think Kurt would be where he is today without TNA? Would he be this healthy without TNA? Hell no."

TNA's impact upon the Angle family expanded again last August when Karen joined Kurt as a regular on-screen character. Karen had originally suggested the idea of having her daughter Kyra appear on-screen with her father, but it was Jeff Jarrett and Vince Russo that then persuaded Karen herself to step in front of the cameras. "In previous years, with WWE, it really just wasn't an option for us. In WWE, that wasn't the life I wanted to live, and it wasn't the life I wanted my children to live. When I went to TNA, it was supposed to be just a short little thing, but it's turned out to be incredible for me, for Kurt, and for our company." Karen is especially grateful for the opportunity to be both a mother and a star in TNA. "Dixie allowed me to stay at home and have a career at the same time." Karen's transition from wife and mother to scheming valet came quite naturally to someone who has been a fan of professional wrestling her entire life. "I've actually been a fan a lot longer than Kurt has. Since the age of ten I've watched amateur and professional wrestling. I grew up watching Hulk Hogan and Dusty Rhodes with my grandfather." But while Hogan and Rhodes may have sparked Karen's initial interest in the business, it was the career of a pair of female legends that have guided her on-screen character development. "Every girl who has grown up watching wrestling wants to be an Elizabeth. And then at the other end of it you have Sheri Martel, who was the best valet in history."

Still, you have to wonder how a stay-at-home wife and mother can suddenly become, as Christian Cage would say, a cougar in heat. Karen seems to give most of the credit to Vince Russo. "Vince Russo, I think, is an incredible writer. He's very creative. Kurt will give me advice, but he lets me do what I think is right. Vince Russo points Karen Angle in the direction she needs to go." That, of course, begs the question of whether or not Kurt approves of the direction in which Vince Russo has pointed Karen. "You know what? Kurt has an incredible relationship with Jeff Jarrett and Vince Russo. Vince just pretty much knows what I'm capable of, what I can do. I really haven't had to put in any more input than my acting." But what Karen has been responsible for is taking Vince Russo's ideas and turning them into compelling on-camera performances. For Karen, this was no small step the first time she stepped out from behind the curtain. "I was very nervous. I was standing backstage shaking. Every time I go out there, I don't want to let Kurt down. I don't want to let Jeff Jarrett and the fans down." But when 411 asked Karen to name her favorite moment in TNA thus far, it was that first night she appeared on Impact that immediately sprang to her mind.

There have recently been rumors that the TNA Knockouts might be getting a television show of their own, and it would only seem natural to have Karen Angle play a key role on any such programming. However, Karen had not heard any mention of a Knockouts television show until 411 mentioned it to her, and she seems more than hesitant to step into the ring with some of TNA's more accomplished female grapplers. "Have I paid my dues? Yeah, because I've been married to Kurt Angle. But I'm not at the level of a Kong or an ODB," she admits. "It's just that I don't think it would be my place to step into the ring with these women who have worked so hard to be where they are." However, when 411 asked Karen who she would most like to work with in TNA, her immediate response was ODB. "I think ODB is incredibly, incredibly entertaining." Karen clearly understands that there is a role for women in TNA other than just as in-ring competitors, but she is also careful to keep that role from crossing the line. "You know, you're watching a show that's on from nine to eleven at night. Being a wrestling fan, and seeing the things that have been on other wrestling shows, but I don't think we've reached that point. I've done some risqué photo shoots, and would I ever get in the ring dressed like that? No."

TNA has been running an increasing house show schedule as of late, but Karen has found a way to work within the framework of that schedule. "Because of having the kids I don't do the house shows. I do the t.v.'s, but even with the house shows the schedule is no where near WWE. Kurt isn't working even half the dates he did when he was with WWE." And when Kurt is at home, Karen understands that business may still be on his mind. "You have to have two separate lives. One of the problems with Kurt is that he's always thinking about what he can do next, always thinking about the next opportunity. Sometimes I have to tell him to stop thinking about he business and remember he's home with his family." But in the end, it may not even be possible to totally separate the life of the Angle family from the world of professional wrestling. When 411 asked Karen what she would do if her own children one day wanted to pursue a career in the industry, Karen quick to say that she would whole-heartedly support her children's dreams and aspirations… as long as they were working for TNA.

Karen also made sure to touch upon the growing connection between professional wrestling and mixed martial arts. She admitted that Kurt's first inclination upon leaving WWE was to pursue a career in MMA, but at the time she didn't feel as though his body was ready for that kind of abuse. But Kurt's body has had time to heal during his stay in TNA, and now Karen isn't ruling out anything in Kurt's future. In fact, she even had some strong words concerning a hypothetical MMA fight between Kurt and Brock Lesnar. "Kurt could kick Brock's ass. Kick his ass," she repeated emphatically. "I'm sure that everyone has heard where Kurt and Brock went at it in the ring a couple of years ago. Anyone who was actually there that day can tell you that Kurt went into that ring with flip-flops on and continued to take Brock down over and over and over again."

The most striking aspect of the call was just how happy and content Karen Angle seems to be at this stage in her life. Her husband's move to TNA saved both his life and their family, and her addition to the TNA roster has provided her with more opportunities than she ever thought possible. Throughout the interview she continually praised TNA and the contributions of Dixie Carter, Jeff Jarrett, and Vince Russo. 411 asked Karen about the growth of TNA including the Global Impact Special and the rumored start of live episodes of Impact, and Karen was clearly enthusiastic about the future of the company she loves. But it was when she would, from time to time, return to the discussion of her family and how much she loves to spend time with them that Karen Angle seemed most proud of her accomplishments. You have to be happy for a woman who has a such a loving family and such an exciting career… and a husband who could kick Brock Lesnar's ass.
TNARICK,,, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #522
owenbrown
I believe in Joe Hendry

owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ladies and gentlemen, TNA(P)RICK's fantasy land stories

owenbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #523
TNARICK,,,

Kurt Angle claims he will be hosting a new show for Spike TV. He made the claim during a Wednesday appearance on Bubba The Love Sponge's satellite radio show, but said he couldn't provide many details. He added the fight with Randy Couture that he's been plugging lately may not happen. He also admitted that his chances of winning such a fight would be slim because he's broken his neck five times and has never had an MMA match.

Angle said he has a handshake agreement to stay with TNA "until they can go head-to-head with Raw." He admitted they have a long way to go. Angle put over Samoa Joe as a "phenomenal worker," but said he generally has to stay in bed for a full day after wrestling him. [Thanks to Dot Net reader Jagger K.]

Powell's POV: Kurt appeared on the show with his wife Karen Angle and there was a ton of sex talk. Kurt said he goes to bed at midnight and she stays out until 6:00 a.m. Kurt also revealed that Jeff Jarrett objected to the idea of him putting over Black Machismo, and he praised Vince Russo's work ethic and said he doesn't get nearly as much respect as he deserves. Fun interview. Kurt and Karen were great sports when it came to the sex questions.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:11 AM   #524
TNARICK,,,

Mick Foley-

I want to get your opinion of one of the most polarizing figures in the business: Vince Russo, who is on the TNA creative team. You worked with him closely in WWE during a very successful period, and then he went to WCW and things were not so successful there. There are two schools of thought regarding Russo: He's either a genius or a goof. What is your take?

You know, I always thought highly of him. And people who doubt my word can go back and see what I put in writing. I think I said that it turned out that he needed some direction for his ideas and that Vince [McMahon] was the guy who provided the direction. But I always have confidence in his ideas, and I think he was a big part of the reason why the Mankind character became so successful. Part of his talent was in letting the guys have the freedom to come up with their own ideas. It was just such a relief for me these past few weeks to go out there and hear my music in the Impact Zone and realize, wow, I can say what I want and it'll feel fresh because I haven't been asked to explain myself to 10 different people.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #525
TNARICK,,,

Mick Foley-

On TNA's booking:
"If you were traveling around the country, you probably wouldn't have fans quite as interested in the backstage happenings. So you would be a lot less likely to hear, "Fire Russo" chants. I was always a supporter of Russo's. I even have that in writing in WWE books. And I think that now we have a cast of guys who could really make things happen. And I think that you will see a better focus on creative… You know, I think [Vince Russo] is a great idea guy. The challenge of coming up with something new every week is probably not fully appreciated by many people."
Old 06-25-2012, 12:26 AM   #526
TNARICK,,,

TNA wrestler Christopher Daniels says TNA is trying to appease Spike TV executives looking for strong TV ratings by writing storylines around Main Event Mafia-type wrestlers. He says the younger wrestlers without name brand value in the X Division receive less TV time as a result, but he understands why TNA does it.

"Once Spike TV became a priority - they were looking for a certain rating - sometimes it's hard to justify having guys that, even though talent-wise can fit the bill, you've got executives looking for ratings and wondering why it's not happening," Daniels told Mike Mooneyham for his Sunday column in the Charleston Post & Courier. "It becomes a balancing act where you're trying to get guys with names and guys with talent."

Daniels says there is a tendency for wrestlers and outsiders to question TNA's decision to focus on established stars rather than giving newer wrestlers quality TV time, but he says TNA doesn't have a choice most of the time.

"Sometimes you can second-guess decisions all you want, but sometimes you're really stuck," Daniels said. "When we're given what we're given, we only can try to do the best we can do. We can't affect what's written. All we can do is once we step into the ring, make it worth not changing the channel for."

Daniels has been pushed to the main event since returning as himself last month. He says this is "probably one of the better spots" he's been in since joining TNA several years ago. He says he could have contributed to the main event when TNA first started bringing in name brand wrestlers, but he's glad to have the opportunity now.

Daniels also has a high opinion of the creative direction of the company with Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett spearheading the behind-the-scenes storyline effort. Daniels says he has to trust the creative team to give his character good direction and simply execute their game plan.

"Vince has always had a very high opinion of me. I think he's given me opportunities and has always been on my side," Daniels said. "He's the guy I'm following in terms of just putting my trust in and writing the character and write what he wants me to do. I feel if I can just let that go and let him do his job, that he's going to help me get to a position where I can go out and do my job in the best light possible."

Daniels wasn't always on the same page with Russo. When Russo and fellow WWE writer Ed Ferrera jumped to WCW in October 1999, Daniels had just signed with WCW thanks to Kevin Sullivan, who was high on his work as a young independent wrestler.

Daniels said he was caught in the shuffle of a classic WCW regime change and no one in charge knew who he was or what he could bring to the table.

"Vince didn't know me and Eric (Bischoff) didn't know me," Daniels said. "By the time six months had rolled around and they hadn't done anything with me ... they're paying me money and my contract was somewhat sizable for someone who hadn't been on TV. I was making too much money, but they weren't putting me on television. What could I do?"

Daniels said he used the experience in WCW as a learning opportunity that he didn't have a job for life in the wrestling business. He says he was frustrated, but has learned to earn his opportunities.

"I thought that once you had the job, it was yours. What happened was I never ever got a chance to earn my job or at least earn the reason to keep my job," Daniels said. "It was frustrating. It would have been one thing had I gone out there and hurt somebody or did bad promos, but none of that happened. I didn't do anything because they didn't have anything for me to do."

Caldwell's Analysis: Daniels has certainly been "booked" like a main eventer on the interview circuit this week to promote the Sacrifice PPV, as he's done at least four interviews that I've seen. Nice to see him receiving a legit push, but hopefully he's not a victim of the Eric Young curse of being a fixture on the media interview circuit right before a PPV, then his TV push is diminished right afterward.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #527
owenbrown
I believe in Joe Hendry

owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
http://forum.wrestleconnect.com/show...ll=1#post14171

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSkiff on WrestleConnect
So here's round two. I hope you guys like it, because I legitimately started to get bored and tired with it.

TNARICK:we just rebranded our forum
with new head banner

ME: yeah stick it to that traditional banner

TNARICK: (Link to his new banner)

ME: I'm not clicking on that

TNARICK: its not a virus

ME: I somewhat assume that, but it's more I don't care about it

TNARICK:come on dude
join my message forum
we are taking over the internet

ME: trust me, you're not taking over the internet, if you're begging me to join

TNARICK: im seeing who all is with me
its either you with us or against us man

ME: why?
why does that have to be the case

TNARICK: because of how things went down
last time

ME: but can't there be shades of grey?
you can't just have good guys and bad guys
that's boring

TNARICK: i left and the traditionalists took over
its take no prisoners this time
i want it to be instead of www. it will be antitradition.
antitradition.tnawrestling.com
we can do this
if we work together

ME: take no prisoners? that's an ROH ppv
are you sure you're not a traditionalist

TNARICK: of course im not
i dont ever watch roh

ME: but you use their terminology?

TNARICK: i killed the rohwrestling chatroom
that the meltzer sheep lived in for 10 years
look at my banner
its proof

ME: I won't
I think the rohwrestling chatroom died when AIM died too

TNARICK: i defeated their leader sean strife

ME: in what bridge?

TNARICK: Were you part of rohwrestling chat

ME: or rummy?
on a few occasions... you know to talk about David Young's matches

TNARICK: wtf man
so your one of them
the offer is now not available

ME: WHAT?!

TNARICK: you and sean strife are not welcome on anti tradtion
if you come to my board its war
i wont ban you i will humilate you
and your leader

ME: WELL GUESS WHAT
You're not welcome on team anti anti anti tradition

TNARICK: you have no board

ME: I don't?

TNARICK: you will never be nothing without a message board

ME: I don't think you know how the internet works

TNARICK: im a icon on the internet
i know it very well

ME: I have all of 4chan backing me

TNARICK: ill take them down
bring them on anti tradition for the war contract signing

ME: and anonymous

TNARICK: i will create the thread now

ME: if you must, I don't want war

TNARICK: (Another link that I assume links to a thread about some contract signing between me and him)
come sign the contract

ME: but if you will restrict me from having an open mind than I don't know
I'm not clicking on that link

TNARICK: hahaha 4 chan is scared
of anti tradition

ME: somehow I doubt that

TNARICK: then bring it on pussy

ME: WOAH WOAH WOAH
let's not name call

TNARICK: fuck you rohbot
im tnarick the icon

ME: icon like sting?

TNARICK: i say vulgar language when i want
wwe fanboy aint use to big boy talk are ya pg rated hahahahahahahahahahaha

ME: how did I go from an rohbot to a wwe fan boy?

TNARICK: your both meltzer tells you to be both

ME: can you just give me one stereotype to keep
I don't want to have to figure out which stereotype to play

TNARICK: all meltzer sheep are wwe fanboys and rohbots

ME: oh well I thought we already figured out that I wasn't a meltzer sheep

TNARICK: yes u r

ME: how so

TNARICK: because your not a anti-traditionalist

ME: what if I wasn't a wrestling fan, would that make me one of you?

TNARICK: you dont have to like wrestling just have to enjoy russo
to be one of us
wrestling is fake
its a scripted television sho

ME: Like Community?
how great is that show?
but they fired Dan Harmon, he's like their Russo

TNARICK: we are the anti tradition community

ME: Are you from the Evil timeline?

TNARICK: your meltzer mind games dont work against the power of russo bitch

ME: At least you used the right "your" with that sentence.
Also I must apologize for what I said earlier.
I did some research and Babe Ruth was one of the first 5 players to be inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Sorry

TNARICK: in your face bitch

ME: so I guess you won this battle

TNARICK: ANTI TRADITION WINS AGAIN

ME: It was a good battle though.

TNARICK: 4 CHAN loses the war
dont feel bad we have defeated tons
CONAN

ME: You were a worthy opponent, but I just didn't have it in me tonight.

TNARICK: ROHWRESTLING CHAT
TOTALNONSTOP.net
we defeated them all

ME: were they good?

TNARICK: we lost a lot of good men

ME: like where do I rank in comparison?

TNARICK: above conan below tns

ME: what the fuck
I'm below a stupid .net site?

TNARICK: i have one question tho

ME: like they couldn't afford to pay for .com?

TNARICK: Were you the fuck head who posted this video on youtube
(Some Youtube video link)

ME: probably not, but I'm not going to click on that

TNARICK: i will not rest until i found out who posted this
and defeat them in war

ME: like the card game?

TNARICK: no

ME: oh

TNARICK: anti tradition only plays spades
cutting edge game

ME: but they're black
like Ron Killings

TNARICK: fuck ron killings
3LK

ME: But do you see what they did it's almost like MLK but the M is sideways and a 3.

TNARICK: sign up on my forum
if u want to continue discussion
i have no time for here
i have meetings on my forum to take care of
old members to bring back

ME: I'm too humiliated to sign up.

TNARICK: just make a thread
admitting you were defeated
and i will take you under my wing

ME: sounds like a "Kiss my ass" club

TNARICK: just go do it

ME: I probably won't

TNARICK: (Another link to what I can only assume is a shitty board)

ME: Yeah I'm not going to click on that

TNARICK: #1 forum on the internet
ok you want to battle lets do it on a radio show
ill find us a blog talk radio show

ME: ok cool

TNARICK: we will call in and continue our war there
first you have to sign the contract though
on the message board

ME: can't

TNARICK: i cant go on the air waves until you do it

ME: guess this battle is a stalemate

TNARICK: its been 5 years since i talked to the world
when me and kent jones co hosted a radio show
i want to make sure everything is official before i call in
so just go sign the contract
and ill find a radio show

ME: I've seen enough contract signings to know how they end

TNARICK: just trust me bro
nothing bad is gonna happen

ME: That's what Raven said to S.E.X. and we know how that ended

TNARICK: come on kdog
ill link u to the thread

ME: I won't click on it

TNARICK: (Another link to I guess a brand new contract signing)
click that

ME: I don't think I will

ME: ok cool
but I still won't click on it

TNARICK: pussy

ME: ouch

TNARICK: =)
`_'

ME: did you watch Tosh.0 tonight and see his new emoticons?

TNARICK: i dont watch shit shows
i watch wcw 2000 and tna 2002-2003
and that is it.

ME: yeah Fuck Tosh, Workaholics is where it's at

TNARICK: did you like positively kanyon

ME: and Community is awesome too, before they got rid of Dan "Russo" Harmon
who betta

TNARICK: (Some Youtube link)
check out that

ME: I'm not going to watch that

ME: I understand that

TNARICK: then why not click it

ME: because I don't want to watch it

TNARICK: pussy

ME: yup

TNARICK: hahaha u admitted your a pussy

ME: oh man, I guess I did

TNARICK: (ANOTHER STUPID YOUTUBE LINK)

ME: oh maybe I'll watch this one

TNARICK: you like big kev?

ME: oh wait, I don't think I'm going to

TNARICK: come on dude
russo comes out in the beginning

ME: like out as in gay?
because I won't watch that either

TNARICK: (ANOTHER FUCKING YOUTUBE LINK)

ME: oh another youtube link?
I'm not going to watch that either.

TNARICK: (THE SAME FUCKING LINK TWICE MAKING IT THE THIRD TIME HE POSTED IT)

ME: oh the same link for the third time

TNARICK: (ANOTHER YOUTUBE LINK, WHAT THE FUCK)

ME: thanks for giving me time to change my mind

TNARICK: (WHY THE FUCK DID HE POST ANOTHER YOUTUBE LINK)

ME: So I'm not going to watch anything you send me

TNARICK: fuck u man
why u wasting my time
u dont click my links

ME: because it's 1am

TNARICK: u dont join my forum
u dont like russo
ur a piece of shit meltzer sheep

ME: I mean I'm not a sheep
Well I guess I'm an English Language Sheep

TNARICK: more like a faggit

ME: oh

owenbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:31 AM   #528
TNARICK,,,

This is from an interview with Kevin Nash:

Q: Thoughts on Vince Russo - Is he a changed man?

A: I've been a fan of his since Day One. Always have been. There's a lot of people who don't like his style of booking. But it's just like people who watch a movie like Closer with Julia Roberts and Natalie Portman and say "I don't really like the movie". And then I say "Did you not like the movie or did you not get it?". I think he writes smart TV and you have to pay attention. There's a lot of nuisances that can make sense that kind of connect the dots if you don't really pay close attention they don't make sense to you. For me the show Damages on F/X is one of the smartest written shows because you can't be on the phone and watch that show. You have to commit yourself to watching the show - and you have to do that with us. If you're going to criticize Russo and fast-forward or TiVo the show, you won't get the nuisances and what he's trying to accomplish. He doesn't sit down and write a two-hour show and expect you not to watch the pre-tapes and say you don't understand it and say the writing is bad. Try watching a movie with no sound. That's the beauty of living in the United States or Canada - we have those rights to criticize. I don't really care if you like my work, don't like my work, like me, don't like me; as long as you're watching I'm happy.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #529
TNARICK,,,

Kevin Nash-

KN: I think it is, because I don't do anything half-assed. If you put me in there, it means I'm thinking about it 24/7. You have to, because when you're lying there in the sun, you get an idea and it's like, "God, that's way better than I thought." And you've got to get up and you've got to write it down. And you've got to change in and so on.

I'm really good friends with [Vince] Russo. And I see what he has to go through and the situation that happened where kind of right before the pay per view, some political things go down, and he's left with a show with a bunch of gaps in it and he's got to do his best to fill it. And those are the things that take years off your life. And at this point, right now, like what we talked about earlier - I'm closer to dying. So, I don't need the stress and they can't put enough zeros at the end of my paycheck.

AC: Do you think you'd be able to do it in some kind of committee atmosphere where it wouldn't be all on your shoulders? Maybe working with Russo?

KN: I told Vince [Russo] when this situation went down, I said, "Hey" - we have always talked, and it's mostly been about my stuff - But I said, "If you have anything that you need to run by - If you want somebody just to run something by to be an ear, as a friend I would always do that." But I, in no form or fashion, want to be calling the shots. It's just not there anymore for me. I mean, if I was out of the ring maybe I could do it. But I'm in the ring, and I'm having fun in the ring. I mean, I love what I'm doing in the Main Event Mafia. My focus is doing that right now. Let somebody else come up with the ideas. I'll perform their ideas to the best of my capabilities.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:40 AM   #530
TNARICK,,,

Samoa Joe-

Samoa Joe defended Vince Russo during an interview with the Poughkeepsie Journal. "I think he gets honestly, in my opinion, an unfair bum rap," Joe said of Russo. "I think some of the segments that the fans have problems with, maybe Vince was not even necessarily involved with. There's been a few times that's happened... He's kind like the human shield and I think it's pretty unfortunate. I can guarantee about 70 percent of the stuff that fans think is Vince Russo, he really had nothing to do with."
Old 06-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #531
TNARICK,,,

Booker T-

Booker T mentors rising TNA stars
By Jamie Jones
jamiejones@daltoncitizen.com
With 20 years of punches, body slams and countless pro wrestling matches behind him, Booker T has taken on a new role: Mentor.

Booker T (Booker Huff-man) is using his years of experience - and lessons learned from title reigns in WCW and WWE - to help the younger wrestlers in Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling become stars in their own right.

"For me at this stage of my game, I don't have to do anything for me," Huffman said. "It's about me trying to bring these guys to another level. My fans follow me all over the world. They know me wherever I go. So it's not about me. It's trying to help these guys get to another position."

As a kid, Huffman watch-ed pro wrestling on television, but unlike many in the industry, he never envisioned himself in the ring. Huffman admits that he "fell into it" when he was 25. He says he was "a troubled youth" and didn't play sports growing up. His real life and in-ring brother, Stevie Ray, decided to take an eight-week training course for $3,000 to become a wrestler.

"After the course, you got a little plaque saying you were a professional wrest-ler," Huffman said with a laugh.

With the plaque in hand, Huffman went to work for smaller promotions in Texas, performing in front of sparse crowds in high school gyms. Finally he got his big break when a representative with the Dallas-based Global Wrestling Federation spotted Huffman and his brother in the early 1990s. He would commute from Houston to Dallas every Friday night for 18 months, earning only $125 for each show. But the GWF had exposure through a television deal with ESPN.

Then it was on to World Championship Wrestling. Sid Vicious, who was a star in the Atlanta-based organization, spotted Huffman and his brother on a television broadcast. A few months later, as the tag team Harlem Heat, the Huffmans were on their way to playing a major role in WCW.

"For some reason I felt like we were really close in WCW," Huffman said. "It was almost like a family atmosphere. I miss those days. I actually thought I would retire with WCW. If it would have lasted, I think I would still be with WCW."

Huffman said there were several people who helped him through the years, but he credits the controversial Vince Russo for making him a star. It was Russo who pushed for Huffman to become WCW's world heavyweight champion. Russo has also been blamed for the demise of WCW.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #532
TNARICK,,,

About a Konan audio clip

"I remember this was posted, and im listeningf to the audio clip. He said that Dixie did know something was wrong and wanted Russo to confront Jeff. Konnan is like dixie is the owner, she should be telling jeff.. Konnan said Russo was just being shot down by jeff and dutch that he just gave up.. things are good now.. i guess.. since jeff, dutch, cornette are ALL Gone.."
Old 06-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #533
TNARICK,,,

Dixie Carter -

"I think Vince Russo is a creative genius. I adore him as a person. I have sat in rooms with him and just seen creative brilliance" Dixie Carter (Pro Wrestling Illustrated)
Old 06-25-2012, 01:07 AM   #534
TNARICK,,,

Jim Ross -

rom his blog:

On Vince Russo: Emailer...Yes...Vince Russo played a significant role in the success of the Attitude Era of WWE back in the day but everything and I mean every thing that appeared on TV was vetted and approved by the Chairman of the Board. Everything. The talent roster wasn't bad either if you will pardon me while I pat myself on the back (Thanks, Gorilla.) But Russo should be given his due in all fairness.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #535
TNARICK,,,

Foley's thoughts on Vince Russo, and if there are ‘too many hands in the cookie jar’ where the story is altered too much: “In one sense, I think that’s correct. There are a lot of people to please. His version may not be the version that winds up making the air. At the same time, I’ve always said that Vince tries to tell too many stories. He has great ideas, but again, maybe we don’t need seven 87 yard touchdown runs in the same show. Maybe that one great run is something people will remember.”

(Referring to the famous ‘Rock, this is your life’ segment) “Remember, Vince Russo is responsible for Yerple the Clown…The closest he came to getting fired was during that segment which Vince McMahon hated. If you look at that segment, you can see that the names coming up on that screen for the teacher is not the name that I’m giving them. The girlfriend had a different name. The old lady had a different name. Everybody had a different name. It was scheduled for twelve minutes, it went 26. Vince McMahon hated that segment, and then the next day The Rock tapped me on the shoulder. ‘Did you hear about that segment?’ 8.4 or whatever it was. We both searched out Vince, and we found him…and when I say cowering, he was hiding from us because he knew we were coming looking for him.

That’s an example of something people thought was a terrible idea. A birthday party with a clown turned out to be one of the most beloved segments of all time. But if we had four segments, four birthday parties, with four clowns, it wouldn’t have meant anything. I think Vince (Russo) has this great…..his mind is a great source of wrestling stories, but I think you need that wrestling-centric force to oppose him, so that it doesn’t veer too much off the actual in ring product.”
Old 06-25-2012, 01:13 AM   #536
TNARICK,,,

Moral of the stories,,,,,,,,, RUSSO OWNZ U
Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #537
TNARICK,,,

Why do you guys keep voting owenbrown,,,,, everyone repost this picture
Old 06-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #538
TNARICK,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenbrown View Post
go shove a truckload of ham sandwiches up your ass
Go drop a cornette in the toilet and dont forget to wipe your meltzer,,,,,
Old 06-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #539
TNARICK,,,

Dude never call me owenbrown,, im the legend the icon tnarick and I will get everyone to vote against owen,, he is my biggest enemy on these forums and the dudes who talk about my wife but i cant remember anyone besides owen none of these guys stand out at all they are just generic ROHBOT WWEBOT MELTZERSHEEP Robot posters who post the same crap over and over,,,

lets see taker07 wwefan,, bots,,,

ignifest ,,, troll,,,,

hmmm whoelse is there,,, iamjed or w/e his name is,,, troll

Its like the same 8 trolls follow me around to every thread and try to start crap with me,, its pretty annoying

Where is damnivator,,, and syxx,, those guys I can remember,,,, syxx was my bro
Old 06-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #540
TNARICK,,,

Yeah dude I have no respect for this guy,,,, I believe in family values and yeah you should be able to whip your kids with a belt or swat them with a fly swater but the s*** this dude did is non american iraqi kinda crap,,,

They could have done a lot more with tho as far as turning it into a reality storyline,, In one of my fantasy series I turned lance hoyt into Hoyt Ben-oit where he would connect with the evil spirits of dead wrestlers,,, was a really fun character

But ya that was more of a comedy based series which would have got big ratings,, I can also think of some more reality angles in a more serious tone that would have been good coming out of the Benoit crap,,,

I mean they could have re-inacted the whole thing,,, have a superstar disapear from the shows,, have their friends get weird text messages etc,,, then show up at the dudes house find his family dead but get the wrestler before he kills himself,,, this would be awesome,, remember WRESTLING IS FAKE,,, it needs to evolve and reality storylines like that should really be what they are doing in 2012 instead they just keep moving backwards,,,,
Old 06-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #541
TNARICK,,,

Dude ive got my own suspicion that you are owenbrown trying to cover up the fact that ive been calling him out for having 20+ forum accounts to vote for himself in these polls,, so dont spin your bullcrap on me owen,,,
Old 06-25-2012, 01:58 AM   #542
TNARICK,,,

#1-wwf-fan, bigslimjj, DeathtotheSwiss, Dethklokface, Hasney, itsmeJD, Jura, Lock Jaw, Mr Amazing, Nicky Fives, NoJabbaNoBogRoll, RP, Ruien, Shisen Kopf, SlickyTrickyDamon, Tazz Dan, tjmidnight420, Volare, Wehttam, whiteyford

I guarentee 80% of these guys are owenbrown at least,,, and I am working on gathering evidence to prove it
Old 06-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #543
TNARICK,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wake Up Call View Post
Jerry Sandusky, OJ Simpson, Chris Benoit.

All three belong in the same sentence.

I did enjoy Chris' work when he wrestled though.
Give Jim Cornette another year or two and he will be on your list,,,,
Old 06-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #544
TNARICK,,,

Its so sad that this Benoit dude goes around killing everyone and still 50% of the meltzer sheep will stick up for him because of his workrate 5 star bore fests,,,, but will all curse ,,, flame,,, make death threats to Vince Russo who did nothing but create the larger then life characters in wrestling that these same sheep loved,,,

Internet is strange,, glad im not stuck in the wrasslin bubble like you guys
Old 06-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #545
Tom Guycott
Wrestling Marks Rejoice!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Out of curiosity, why do you elipse with commas?
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #546
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Tnarick-You just listed Jim Cornette with people who have committed horrendous crimes. You don't have a leg to stand on for morality.

Also for the record: I hate Dave Meltzer. I love Jim Cornette though, so fuck you.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #547
TNARICK,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjogo View Post
wrong.

Take Sandusky out of there he's lower than those two.

I think raping young boys is far worse than killing.

inb4 people debating about which is worse
Right,, I feel ya there tired of always hearing about the victims in rape,, dude grow a pair of ballz and fight back,, I took alot of martial arts classes in the last 5 years and i already was a tough S.O.B. ,,, but now I am just deadly,,, and if any f-ggit tried to rape me I would beat the hell out of them not just sit there and let them do it and cry about it later,,,
Old 06-25-2012, 02:11 AM   #548
TNARICK,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
Tnarick-You just listed Jim Cornette with people who have committed horrendous crimes. You don't have a leg to stand on for morality.

Also for the record: I hate Dave Meltzer.
Jim Cornette has went on the record saying he would literally kill vince russo if he could find a way to get away with it,,, the dude is crazy,,, and has sent Russo death threats,,, Russo never speaks a bad word about him,,,

Keep worshipin your nut job hero like you all worshiped Chris Benoit

LOLOLOLOL

--------
Former TNA creative writer Jim Cornette published today on his official website a strongly worded e-mail he sent to Terry Taylor, TNA Wrestling's Director of Talent Relations, saying that while he meant no ill will towards anyone in the company, he would murder writer Vince Russo if he could.

Included in the e-mail is descriptive passage saying he regularly wakes up from dreams in which he's in the act of murdering Russo and that he would willingly go to jail if he ever saw him in person again.

In an e-mail dated Mar. 19, Cornette wrote to Taylor, among other things: "I will say it because I am trying to quell the burning in my heart--I hate Vince Russo. I despise Vince Russo. I want Vince Russo to die. If I could figure out a way to murder him without going to prison, I would consider it the greatest accomplishment of my life.

"I hate him for the money he's cost me. I hate him for what he's done to the business. I hate him for keeping TNA from being competitive to WWE. I hate him for the careers, even the lives he's ruined with his shitty booking and the irreparable damage he's done to every promotion he's been involved with. I regularly wake up from dreams in which I am in the act of murdering him. I literally burn whenever I think of him. I have sworn to myself that I will willingly go to jail if I ever see him in person again, and he had better pray to his fictitious invisible man in the sky that that day never comes. I intend to make it my life's work and mission to **** with him and anything he ever has anything to do with in the wrestling business."

He added that he hopes TNA goes under "because of the stupidity Dixie (Carter) has exhibited in employing Russo and now the WCW murderers." He indicated he's mad at Jeff Jarrett for talking him into working with Russo, as well as Carter, for employing Russo and lying to him about why he was fired.

Cornette's e-mail prompted a legal response from the law firm of Davis, Shapiro, Lewit & Hayes, LLP, a firm representing TNA Entertainment.

Their letter states that Cornette's comments towards Russo constitute "terroristic threats" and that he "has understandably experienced extreme fear for himself and his family" as a result of the comments made by him. They added that Cornette's "terroristic threats" have been reported to "applicable Federal and State law enforcement agencies." The letter also states, "any further threats to contact Vince Russo or any other TNA personnel (directly or indirectly) shall be viewed as acts in furtherance of such threats and shall be pursued and prosecuted accordingly

---------------
Old 06-25-2012, 02:17 AM   #549
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Hey, remember when Vince Russo killed Owen Hart? He should probably be on that list of murderers, too.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:21 AM   #550
TNARICK,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Hey, remember when Vince Russo killed Owen Hart? He should probably be on that list of murderers, too.
"Brandon Lee, an actor and the son of the martial-arts star Bruce Lee, died today when he was shot on a movie set with a gun that was supposed to fire blanks."

Was it the writers that made the movie script responsible for the death of Brandon Lee ,,,, ?

Just shows how dumb your blind hatred towards Russo is,,,
Old 06-25-2012, 02:25 AM   #551
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Exactly, put him on the list.

Who else do you suppose should be on it?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #552
TNARICK,,,

HAHA owned u,,,
Old 06-25-2012, 02:28 AM   #553
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

No no, Owen. Owen is the guy who Vince Russo murdered.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #554
TNARICK,,,

Im on a f---ing roll today,,, I owned everyone first with Mick Foley, Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe , Kurt Angle, Kevin Nash, Glen Gilberti, Jim Ross, Scott Hudson , Dixie Cartner, Konan, Booker T, Chris Jericho all praising russo,,,, then I owned SlickyTricky into seeing his hero Jim Cornette is a f---ing nut job,,,, then I owned wwefan aka owenbrown who thought a writer of a script was responsible for a death over equiptment malfunction,,, my god tnarick is the legend,,, tnarick is the icon,,, russo ownz u
Old 06-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #555
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

You keep misspelling Owen. Are you aware?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:31 AM   #556
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Not owenbrown, but Owen Hart. The guy Vince Russo murdered.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 AM   #557
TNARICK,,,

Keep on trollin,,, u got owned,,, dont feel bad the legend ownz all

Old 06-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #558
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Is that what Vince Russo said after he murdered Owen Hart?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #559
TNARICK,,,

Old 06-25-2012, 02:37 AM   #560
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

I'll DEFINITELY get to watching that video later. I assume it is him explaining in depth how he murdered Owen Hart. Should be an interesting video.