TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 07-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
thedarkness214

thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
THE ART OF THE OLD SKOOL’ HEEL

As the story goes . . . what was once old–is now again new.

There are MANY things I loathe about old skool’ wrestling–many things. There are “spots” that still happen in the wrestling ring today, that should have gone bye-bye many moons ago. The problem is, that you have many from the old guard, who are now training the new guard, based on the psychology and techniques that they were taught back in THEIR day. Thus–-the problem. I mean, come on, maybe nobody else wants to say it so I might as well be the one—have you EVER seen a missed clothesline that looked GOOD? Or, is there any logic as to why the baby gets on the second rope and nails the heel in the head 10 times–-without the heel ever even ATTEMPTING to throw his hands up? I remember Vince McMahon scolding Bret Hart for doing that FIFTEEN TEARS AGO! Why do many wrestlers lead with their head–while keeping their hands at their sides? Do they honestly think that in 2014 NOBODY sees that at home? Now, that may have worked in the wrestling business 25 years ago, but in today’s world–UH-UH!!! it’s phony, it’s fake, and it ALWAYS looks bad.

I must admit, punch-by-punch and kick-by-kick, the in-ring product IS improving in wrestling today, but in my view it still has a long way to go if you want to suspend the disbelief of your audience—100% of the time. However, in contrast to that, the thing that never gets old is–-THE OLD SKOOL’ HEEL. Why? For two reasons: 1. NOBODY is doing it any more and 2. It’s STILL as entertaining as !@#$%. It’s simple, it’s easy, but yet, wrestlers today will do a triple moonsault from the top to the concrete floor to get a rise out of the crowd, as opposed to feigning a leg injury to get easy, simple heat. The art of the old skool‘ heel IS DEAD.

And, you have to ask yourself–WHY? The majority of the wrestling fans at the arena and watching on TV at home both have one thing in common—-THEY JUST WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. That point was proven loud and clear just 4 days ago on IMPACT, when Crazy Steve fired a can of SILLY STRING at his opponent, and the entire NYC crowd began chanting his name. See how simple that was? No quadruple backflip from the balcony, just one, simple act of ENTERTAINMENT. But, I’ll tell you who’s totally understanding and GETTING the concept these days, and that would be one Mr. MVP. Since MVP legitimately injured his knee in the ring and had to rely on two metal crutches for support–-it seems that everything just magically “changed” for that character. Trying to get out of matches, begging off, using his crutches when the ref isn’t looking, using the injury to goad his opponent in–thinking he’s hurt–then–-EL KABONGO—simple, real simple.

And, what’s really great about it is that MVP doesn’t need it. This is a guy that can be a legitimate, believable, bad !@#$, a sympathetic, charismatic babyface, or, whatever part the situation or SCENE calls for. MVP is a PERFORMER first,and a talented wrestler second. He can be anything at anytime and have you believe it. And, that’s a big part of what’s missing in wrestling today. Very few make us believe that they’re something they’re not. The art of creating and building a character is just not what it used to be. Yeah, you see flashes here, and there, but the wrestling has taken priority over the entertainment, and the only ones who are going to watch wrestling is–you guessed it–-WRESTLING FANS. That RIGHT THERE is why the wrestling business has lost HALF its audience in the last 12 years. For whatever reason, the majority of the players just started taking themselves way too seriously as “legitimate” wrestlers.

Characters in wrestling will ALWAYS be over, and people will ALWAYS pay money to see them Just look who’s on top in either promotion and that will tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.tpwwforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

TNARICK™ "The Legend" & R.I.C.K. Entertainment Provide you with the best forum signatures, topics, and polls available on the net.

Reality Is Controlled Knowledge

RUSSO 4 LIFE
thedarkness214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #2
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
At least link to Vince's site. This isn't your writing. This is plagiarism.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:13 PM   #3
thedarkness214

thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)thedarkness214 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
PYROANDBALLYHOO.COM F@GG1T,,,,,,,,,, 3v3ry0ne kn0wz th3 l1nk 1 p0$t 1t 0v3r @nd 0v3r u fukk1n $h33p @zz m3ltz3rz l1ttl3 b1tCh,,,,
thedarkness214 is offline   Reply With Quote