TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 06-27-2007, 03:46 AM   #1121
JiM PolPot v.W.o.
v.W.o. for LIFE

JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)JiM PolPot v.W.o. has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkscrewed
So yeah... I know you're just being you, but I can't find any way for that joke to make sense at all.
JiM PolPot v.W.o. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 06:24 AM   #1122
darkpower
Why So Curious?

darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Wow, just wow.

I can understand alot of the emotions that are running high on here right now.

For one, Benoit definitly had some issues, no doubt. But at the same time, I can see why he could've done something like this, and while I'm not saying what happened was right at all, I can grimly understand that reasoning about not wanting the kid to have to live with such a grim illness to go and just "put him out of his misery". Think of a dog who is really sick, and it would be more peaceful for the dog to be "put to sleep" than to live the rest of its life with that illness that would cripple it. Same here. In Benoit's mind, he was mearly doing the right thing. Not sure if the description of the death of Nancy really adds up, though. Something in all of this doesn't seem correct, and it seems as though nothing will be truly clear until we get some kind of hard evidence (all we have are text messages, heresay, and reports of "might of, could of, was very possible, almost definite"). They really need to get some DNA or something (I'm being serious, too, here. We don't even have a fucking autopsy yet) to give us something concrete. Comb that scene, get anything you can FIND to give us what we really need, because something in this doesn't add up.

With that being said, I don't think it would be right to just throw away any of what Benoit's career meant like it never happened. Regardless of what we may think of what his human attributes were during those final days, fact of the matter is, he was a damn good wrestler, he was a damn good human being for most of his life (sans whatever THIS mess, and yes, it is a mess, says to us otherwise), and we shouldn't be looking at his athletic ability any different, to be honest with you. I certainly won't be.

Back to the actual situation for a moment, too, since I just thought of something while writing that last paragraph. Did anyone remember Chavo's testimonial on RAW? How he described Chris "missing the flight" or something? I'll have to go back and watch it again to see if I got this right, but wasn't he talking about that exact weekend? If Chavo was talking on the phone with Chris, and he was complaining about missing some flight, wouldn't Chavo, for one, be the last person to talk to Chris before the tragedy, and wouldn't that put Chris in a sort of out of place situation? Again, I will have to check it again (I have it saved on my DVR, so I can watch it again, not going to right now, though), but I'm pretty certain one needs to listen to Chavo's testimonial again, because that could be a VERY interesting piece of info.

Why am I seeing that these investigators are fucking this case up royally somewhere?
darkpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #1123
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I decided to watch Raw last night even though I wasn't sure if I shoujld.

I think Chavo said that having stayed with the Benoit's that he (Chavo) missed his flight whilst Benoit made his. I thik this was a different weekend.

The most resounding thing having watched Raw after knowing what had happened more fully was he testimonials given. It was so hard to hear the guys (and girl) talk about how much of a family man Benoit was. How much he loved his wife and kids. How they were the single most important thing to him.

Just sat there thinking how bad it must feel for the people who said those things to know the truth now. Even the little comments about how "intense" he was, or how "you couldn't escape him" or that he was "so private". It was all so surreal.

And my opinion o h stands like this. Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers, he emboied waht wrestling is about, no nonesense, wrestlling machine. I loved to watch him work, but now, everytime I see his face, if I see him in a match, my thoughts are not "MAn this guy is/was good!", they're going to be "This guy killed his family."

It'll be a long time before I sit and enjoy (or even watch) a Chris Benoit match.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:44 AM   #1124
darkpower
Why So Curious?

darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)darkpower is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL
I decided to watch Raw last night even though I wasn't sure if I shoujld.

I think Chavo said that having stayed with the Benoit's that he (Chavo) missed his flight whilst Benoit made his. I thik this was a different weekend.

The most resounding thing having watched Raw after knowing what had happened more fully was he testimonials given. It was so hard to hear the guys (and girl) talk about how much of a family man Benoit was. How much he loved his wife and kids. How they were the single most important thing to him.

Just sat there thinking how bad it must feel for the people who said those things to know the truth now. Even the little comments about how "intense" he was, or how "you couldn't escape him" or that he was "so private". It was all so surreal.

And my opinion o h stands like this. Benoit was one of my favourite wrestlers, he emboied waht wrestling is about, no nonesense, wrestlling machine. I loved to watch him work, but now, everytime I see his face, if I see him in a match, my thoughts are not "MAn this guy is/was good!", they're going to be "This guy killed his family."

It'll be a long time before I sit and enjoy (or even watch) a Chris Benoit match.
I'm not so sure if we should do that so soon. We still do not have any solid evidence linking one thing to another, and, in my mind (and this is just my own opinion right now, having being a firm believer in innocent until proven guilty), we're accusing Benoit too fast (God, I'm feeling uneasy saying that, but something in my gut is telling me to just not judge this too quickly, there's something else, and it's not just not wanting to believe the story or anything. I really do think, with all the issues regardling police investigations and not having one shread of DNA evidence being revealed or being looked at, that there's something not right). Steroids, abusive person, sickness, stressful business life and personal issues, whatever the hell else we're going to blame for this tragedy. It's funny that everyone has a different belief as to what could've caused it.

The only thing concrete they got (that they arre revealing to us) is something about a bruise on Nancy's neck. And you know, I'm puzzled about how QUICK they suddenly made that assumption that Benoit used his knee to hold her down (or that it WAS a knee-sized bruise). Think about this for a minute: In order to have that bruise come from ANY knee, think about how the human body would have to be positioned. He would have to be kneeling right on her, and whatever position you would think he could have to be able to DO such a feat, how in the fuck could he have been able to DO anything else (and I could make a safe assumption that he would want to be able to have some other type of leverage because such a bruise in that way would have to be going down REALLY hard, and Nancy DID have some long hair, and I would assume that it would give her SOME shielding)? He would have to keep his knee on her neck, while twisiting his body backwards, or be a complete contortonist. Picture yourself in that position. Plus, bruises, last I remember, are caused by actual hits, not doing what police are assuming. So, if Benot were to cause the bruise with his knee in THAT fashion, he would have to do a lunging knee drop onto her neck (one HELL of a feat), or be able to knee kick her in the neck. Both seem unlikely.

All I'M saying right now is that, by that alone, I'm thinking we have to wait for something that we can safely go on before we make all thee assumptions. Plus, OF FUCKING COURSE they are going to say Benoit did it. WHO ELSE ARE THEY GOING TO SAY DID IT?! Anyone know any other enemies the Benoit's had that would want to do something this disgusting?

And yes, I feel uneasy saying some of this stuff because there ARE alot of reports going around to say otherwise, but damn it, I can't accept what some of this stuff is as being looked into throughly.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #1125
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As much as I respect your right to belive all of that...I think you're clasping at straws.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #1126
Danny Electric
dirty irani

Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Danny Electric has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Lee I say this from my heart and you know how much I love dylan, the thought of doing anything like that destroys me.

But he must have been in a dark place, as you said we will never truly know what hapened in the house apart from how they were killed and he killed himsel.

From all the reports on him, from the testimonials, from what I've heard the guy loved his kid. So what the fuck happened

It's just a sad sitaution on all parts
Danny Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #1127
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL
As much as I respect your right to belive all of that...I think you're clasping at straws.
As much as I respect your opinions, I hope to GOD you're wrong.

I may be. But part of me says to not accuse yet, and I'm just not going to until all the autopsies are done and we know everything, and no resonable doubt is left. Again, innocent until proven guilty.

Until then, we're basically putting Benoit's ghost and corpse in Gitmo.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 AM   #1128
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
At this point, yes, yes I think we are.

Whatever caused it, Benoit went fucking nuts. I don't think he was in his right mind when he did it, and I feel pity for him for that, though not nearly as much as I feel for his wife and son. But, contrary to what we are led to believe on prime time cop shows, police investigators generally know what they're doing. If there was still a strong possibility that there was someone else involved in this incident, then the public would be asked for information. It seems that isn't the case.

I'm not sure if I will be able to seperate Chris Benoit the amazing in-ring performer from Chris Benoit the killer. Right now my copy of his DVD is sitting on top of a pile of DVDs that are going to be taken to a local store and sold for credit, because I don't think I'll be able to watch it again. Some other people might, not me. Anyone who saw me post yesterday knows that I wanted to see if there was more to this story that would make some sense out of it, but I never got it. So that's pretty much it at this point.
Theo Dious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #1129
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTedious
But, contrary to what we are led to believe on prime time cop shows, police investigators generally know what they're doing.
Yeah, just ask 2Pac, OJ Simpson, Notorious BIG, Bill Clinton, and the people who Bush "knows" is a terrorist about that. They'll agree.

EDIT: Sorry, man, but that part kind of screams "Yeah, RIGHT!!"
Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 AM   #1130
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpower
Yeah, just ask 2Pac, OJ Simpson, Notorious BIG, Bill Clinton, and the people who Bush "knows" is a terrorist about that. They'll agree.

What you mentioned is about corruption, not ignorance or incompetence. Can you show me someone in law enforcement who is covering up facts concerning Benoit?
Old 06-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #1131
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:

Addidum:

Case in point: In Wheeling, there has been this hunt for some guy that raped a 11 year old girl after kidnapping her in broad daylight (raped her in a church parking lot), drove her 5 minutes to do it, drove back, and left her for dead across the river. And the FBI is STILL looking for a "John Doe" and some old truck in which they STILL only have a sketch composite as the perputrator. This was AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FUCKING YEAR!!

I'm only happy that the Wheeling police are not investigating the Benoit thing, because we would NEVER get a clear answer at THAT rate.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:25 AM   #1132
XL
Feeling Oof-y

You know what darkpower? I hope to God that you are right.

Since this story broke and the speculation began I've been hoping there was some fowl play along the way. The last thing I want is for one of my favourite wrestlers to be a killer.

But sadly, regardless of all the things that "don't add up", I can't see there being another explanation to this.

And DE, I have no idea what your point was in that post.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #1133
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Quote:
Addidum:

Case in point: In Wheeling, there has been this hunt for some guy that raped a 11 year old girl after kidnapping her in broad daylight (raped her in a church parking lot), drove her 5 minutes to do it, drove back, and left her for dead across the river. And the FBI is STILL looking for a "John Doe" and some old truck in which they STILL only have a sketch composite as the perputrator. This was AT THE BEGINNING OF THE FUCKING YEAR!!

I'm only happy that the Wheeling police are not investigating the Benoit thing, because we would NEVER get a clear answer at THAT rate.
And that is an ENTIRELY different story. For that to have any relevance to the Benoit situation, they would have to be looking at the dead girl and have a sketch and a vehicle description and be saying "well, we're not sure what happened." In the current situation, we know who is dead, and there is nothing that suggests that anyone else was involved.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #1134
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
What you mentioned is about corruption, not ignorance or incompetence. Can you show me someone in law enforcement who is covering up facts concerning Benoit?
Not saying anyone is....I guess part of me is not accepting it...I just want to be 100% sure...I think we're only 80% right now...something is just not settling right...they're only human, after all.

I guess I have a good talent for seperating the murderous guy from the talented guy. Not ready to say "I can't watch any Benoit matches anymore" because I still can...I will never regret marking out when he won the title at WM20.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:28 AM   #1135
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
And that is an ENTIRELY different story. For that to have any relevance to the Benoit situation, they would have to be looking at the dead girl and have a sketch and a vehicle description and be saying "well, we're not sure what happened." In the current situation, we know who is dead, and there is nothing that suggests that anyone else was involved.
Actually, I was just posting that to show how STUPID and LAZY some police people are. Didn't really have any relation.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:30 AM   #1136
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL
You know what darkpower? I hope to God that you are right.

Since this story broke and the speculation began I've been hoping there was some fowl play along the way. The last thing I want is for one of my favourite wrestlers to be a killer.

But sadly, regardless of all the things that "don't add up", I can't see there being another explanation to this.
If I'm competly right in this (and I don't know WHAT the fuck to believe right now), then they really need to fire everyone and hire me.

That is, after I get done with how freaked out I'd be if that were to happen.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 AM   #1137
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Quote:
Actually, I was just posting that to show how STUPID and LAZY some police people are. Didn't really have any relation.
I can agree with that, but the thing is that even a stupid and lazy cop can look over a property with a double-murder suicide on it and figure out if anyone else was present at the time, or even if there's a reason to believe that there was.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:32 AM   #1138
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL
Since this story broke and the speculation began I've been hoping there was some fowl play along the way.
BREAKING NEWS: CANADA GOOSE MURDERS CHRIS BENOIT, FAMILY

Sorry, couldn't resist making a typo joke.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #1139
darkpower
Why So Curious?

With all the sudden talk about police and shit being a bunch of fucktards, we need someone to stand up...time to call in....

NANCY "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER" GRACE

SHE'LL get to the bottom of this!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:37 AM   #1140
XL
Feeling Oof-y

lol, shit, i actually stopped to work out how to spell it. Feel sooooo stoopid right now!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:39 AM   #1141
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Quote:
NANCY "I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER" GRACE

SHE'LL get to the bottom of this!
I'd like to get to the bottom of her.

What? She's hot.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM   #1142
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
I'd like to get to the bottom of her.

What? She's hot.
Yeah, once you put a fucking paper BAG over her head.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 AM   #1143
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Oh fuck you, I'd do her before Paris Hilton ANY day.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #1144
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
Oh fuck you, I'd do her before Paris Hilton ANY day.
Now THAT, I may agree with you on.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #1145
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Ok then. See, we can all find some happy fun ground sometimes.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 AM   #1146
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
Ok then. See, we can all find some happy fun ground sometimes.
I'd still put a paper bag over her head...

With Paris, you don't need a bag, just five condoms on your cock when you go to actually hit it.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:13 AM   #1147
owenbrown
I believe in Joe Hendry

owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)owenbrown makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
I'd still put a paper bag over her head...

With Paris, you don't need a bag, just five condoms on your cock when you go to actually hit it.
5 are not enough.
owenbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #1148
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenbrown
5 are not enough.
The only safe amount is the amount that makes it impossible to put it in there.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:17 AM   #1149
ford fairlane
molly be thy name

ford fairlane has done some stupid things
I have to agree with darkpower on this,some things do just not make sense in the way they have been described.
ford fairlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #1150
DCXtreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fugitive
I have so many things running through my head and I have no idea how to express any of it. Maybe I'll say something at a later date, maybe I won't. I don't know.
OMG MAKE SURE TO EMAIL ME WHEN U DO POST UR "MIND THOUGHTS!"
Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #1151
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
The only safe amount is the amount that makes it impossible to put it in there.
I don't think I could BUY that many condoms.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #1152
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCXtreme
OMG MAKE SURE TO EMAIL ME WHEN U DO POST UR "MIND THOUGHTS!"

Old 06-27-2007, 09:23 AM   #1153
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Quote:
I don't think I could BUY that many condoms.
I don't think that many condoms EXIST.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:29 AM   #1154
DCXtreme

Im serious now, anyone still thinking Benoit didnt do this is as crazy as he is/was.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #1155
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCXtreme
Im serious now, anyone still thinking Benoit didnt do this is as crazy as he is/was.
Just not going to say anything one way or the other until at least those reports come out in a few weeks.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:42 AM   #1156
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Quote:
Just not going to say anything one way or the other until at least those reports come out in a few weeks.
At this point, I accept that he did it, I'm waiting for more reports to start passing out blame and condemnation.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #1157
YOUR Hero
Adminstigator

YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)YOUR Hero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
What more do you want?

Fuck
YOUR Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #1158
NoJabbaNoBogRoll
Alive

NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)NoJabbaNoBogRoll makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Pretty clear that 'he' did it.

At the moment I'm just believing that he wasn't himself when he did this, and was not in control of his own body and/or mind, which allows me to continue to celebrate his career.
NoJabbaNoBogRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #1159
darkpower
Why So Curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUR Hero
What more do you want?

Fuck
Uhh, dude...what's wrong with having everything there....I'm....kinda just expressing my view on this. Not saying he didn't or anything. I'm just trying to be respectful and actually using something called the AMERICAN JUSTICE SYSTEM!!

You're basically telling me to fuck all MY morals just so I can please someone? C'mon!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #1160
ttetf

ttetf has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)ttetf has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
To me, its arguable anyone willing to take another human life (in any circumstance besides self-defense) is not in his/her right mind. Benoit clearly was not in his right mind. My guess is after killing his wife, he just totally sunk into lunacy and lost complete touch with reality and any comprehension of right or wrong. In fact, killing his son and himself probably was more justifiable in his crazed mind then not doing so.

I think in the long run, Benoit's wrestling legacy will be strictly as a tutorial for up and coming wrestlers. You want to learn how to put on a wrestling clinic in the ring and execute hundreds of moves to perfection? Watch a Benoit match. But celebrating the man's accolades and accomplishments like you would any past champion or popular superstar who DIDN'T murder his family just seems wrong.
ttetf is offline   Reply With Quote