TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 01-26-2015, 09:05 AM   #1
Maluco
Reigning Tipsters Champ!

Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
I think I know what WWE were going for...

People are very angry, and the anger seems directed towards reigns, when in reality, people are disappointed in the quality of the match itself. I was wondering why it all seemed so flat, but I think I can see how they envisaged the match.

The flat exits were supposed to provide the same effect as the Survivor Series. What they were trying to do is provide that "we have no hope" atmosphere so Reigns could thrive in it. They envisaged that the crowds disappointment at hero after hero falling, would have them cling to Reigns as the only one that could save them from Show, Kane, Rusev etc...

It was the combination of the plan and the guy chosen to do it that caused the problem, but it wasn't completely illogical and nonsensical as it played out on TV. There was a plan in place to get an emotional response for Reigns by making it "flat" and "bleak". That's why the eliminations were so flat.

I was initially happier because of that. I didn't want to think it was just a half assed job, but it actually makes things worse, because they really believed that that formula would put reigns in a favorable position and clearly saw the crowd getting behind him as the "excitement" built against the odds at the end.

In reality, I think it is worse, because it confirms that they are out of touch with what the fans will respond to, but at least there was a plan. I actually think, with the way it looks to have been planned, that they would have been genuinely surprised by the reaction.

What do people think, is thee any sympathy for Reigns? Would it have worked with Ambrose or Dolph in his position, not just Bryan? And does anyone think the WWE expected a backlash, because I really think the layout of the match suggested they didn't.
Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
dablackguy
Tacos!

dablackguy has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)dablackguy has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
I do feel bad for Reigns
I said in another thread that coming down on Reigns was like coming down on a guy for getting a promotion he doesn't deserve - you can't kill him for taking the obvious benefit

That said, when he winds up in the Swagger position two years from now, Vince will have no one to blame but himself. Their next big star will wind up being just another guy because he wasn't handled properly
dablackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 PM   #3
Corkscrewed

Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Yeah, I don't hate Reigns, just disappointed at the booking process. He's just become the scapegoat.
Corkscrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:37 AM   #4
Keith

Keith is good (20,000+)Keith is good (20,000+)Keith is good (20,000+)Keith is good (20,000+)Keith is good (20,000+)Keith is good (20,000+)Keith is good (20,000+)Keith is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkscrewed View Post
Yeah, I don't hate Reigns, just disappointed at the booking process. He's just become the scapegoat.

Similar to John Cena.

I mean, Cena's not a bad guy, it's just that, well...the way they booked him got under a lot of fans' nerves and the rest is history.
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote