TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 08-11-2009, 08:05 AM   #41
Pete Cash
That Dickhead Pete Cash

Pete Cash is good (20,000+)Pete Cash is good (20,000+)Pete Cash is good (20,000+)Pete Cash is good (20,000+)Pete Cash is good (20,000+)Pete Cash is good (20,000+)Pete Cash is good (20,000+)Pete Cash is good (20,000+)
Viktor Vaughn is my favourite

I thought you played King Geedorah and Madvillian. I am listening to Madlib's brother Oh No's albums lately. Dr No's oxperiment. Its a bunch of instrumentals but its pretty awesome.

Mos Def uses one of them as a beat on his latest album.
Pete Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #42
Indifferent Clox
emerge

Indifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be banned
yeah i heard about taht.

Yeah i played king geedorah and viktor vaughn
Indifferent Clox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:10 AM   #43
Fabien Barthez
Spliff & A Brew

Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)Fabien Barthez is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indifferent Clox View Post
I play electronic, old 50s, 60s 70s, and 80s stuff that's pretty ecclectic. stuff from all genres.

I don't play stuff you'd find on top 40 radio though at all, because what would be the point?

although i did play sweet jane, lily rosemary and the jack of hearts, and behind blue (who version) eyes tonight and those were on the radio probably.

Of course you do, there would be no modern indie style without the history of popular music from the last 50 years. Again, I am not slamming you, or even interested in this discussion, but just because you like non-chart music, doesn't stop your tastes being fairly typical of someone your age, location and degree of mental.
Fabien Barthez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:14 AM   #44
Indifferent Clox
emerge

Indifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be bannedIndifferent Clox should probably be banned
I dunno I like a lot of artists from around the world

I play a lot of world music and stuff so I think my tastes are at least a little unique.

At the same time I never said my station wasn't accesable
I try not to play too much of the postrock and neo classical stuff I listen to untill I get a much larger listening audience.

Most people don't have the patience for songs over 10 minutes. I mean I played that Of montreal song tha's 12 minutes but I won't be playing Lindstrom's 30 minute song or william basinski's hour and a half song about september 11th or anything.

I'm not talking about popular music from the 50s 60s 70s and 80s I play bands like Can and Kraftwerk.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 PM   #45
Indifferent Clox
emerge

Comicopera by robert wyatt tonight on clox.fm
Old 08-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #46
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indifferent Clox View Post
I dunno I like a lot of artists from around the world

I play a lot of world music and stuff so I think my tastes are at least a little unique.

At the same time I never said my station wasn't accesable
I try not to play too much of the postrock and neo classical stuff I listen to untill I get a much larger listening audience.

Most people don't have the patience for songs over 10 minutes. I mean I played that Of montreal song tha's 12 minutes but I won't be playing Lindstrom's 30 minute song or william basinski's hour and a half song about september 11th or anything.

I'm not talking about popular music from the 50s 60s 70s and 80s I play bands like Can and Kraftwerk.
Clox, you're mostly diverse for the sake of being diverse. You're trying to be unique, but you sound like every other kid out there trying to sound unique. You painted yourself into a corner and now you're trying to pretend you didn't. Nobody really cares, it seems, if you're "accessible" or not.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote