TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2017, 10:32 PM   #11
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Daniel Bryan's dog:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Updated advertising for post-Royal Rumble WWE RAW live events features Roman Reigns facing Braun Strowman for shows heading into WrestleMania, so that appears to be Reigns next feud. Strowman is in this Sunday's WWE Royal Rumble match, while Reigns will be facing WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens for his title.

As of this writing, while Kevin Owens is listed for the shows with the updated advertising, no opponent is listed for either himself or Chris Jericho.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible post-Rumble and Mania plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Finn Balor is slated to undergo medical testing this week that could clear him to return to the ring, PWInsider.com has learned.

Balor won the WWE Universal championship at Summerslam but suffered a labrum tear against Seth Rollins when he was powerbombed into the barricade. He relinquished the championship the next night and underwent surgery.

Dr. Jeffrey Dugas told WWE.com at the time that, "Finn’s injury was pretty severe, more severe than normal. A really high energy injury, it did more damage than a standard shoulder dislocation where you simply tear the labrum. The prognosis is excellent, however. We were able to fix it all and put it back where it came from. I’m anticipating him getting back at full speed."

At the time of the injury, the belief was Balor would be out 4-6 months.

With the Royal Rumble about to kick off the official build to Wrestlemania, obviously WWE wants Balor back in the mix. We will see how soon that happens.
Previous estimates for a potential return were hinting at early March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
SmackDown's Royal Rumble go-home show averaged 2.556 million viewers Tuesday night on the USA Network, down four percent from last week.
Quote:
The SmackDown Women's Championship won't be defended at the Royal Rumble, but the show's women's division will still be represented on Sunday.

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi will face Mickie James, Natalya & Alexa Bliss in a six-woman tag team match at the Alamodome. The match was announced on tonight's episode of SmackDown.

It will be James' first time wrestling on the main roster since returning to the company and being revealed as La Luchadora last week.

With the addition of the six-woman tag, the Royal Rumble will be a rare pay-per-view with three women's matches. Charlotte Flair defending her Raw Women's Championship against Bayley, along with Sasha Banks taking on Nia Jax are also scheduled for the show.
Quote:
During his appearance on SportsCenter yesterday, Roman Reigns said that Ronda Rousey could make a successful transition to WWE if she wanted to.
Probably makes it a lot more likely she's showing up at Mania since the WWE doesn't do random teases for no reason.

Quote:
4FrontWrestling posted the entire Kenny Omega vs. Tiger Ali match that took place for the promotion last weekend for free on YouTube. The appearance was Omega's first singles match since facing Kazuchika Okada at the Tokyo Dome, though Omega did work NJPW's New Year's Dash show in a 10-man tag match the next night.
Link to the match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sk4__FklP8

Quote:
Ring of Honor announced that this year's Best in the World PPV will take place on June 23rd at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium in Lowell, Massachusetts. Tickets for the show and the TV taping the next night are already on sale for ROH Ringside Members and will be available to the general public on Friday at 10 a.m. ET.
Quote:
EVOLVE will hold shows in the Chicago and Detroit areas for the first time in May. They'll hold a show at Summit Park District in Summit, Illinois on May 20th before heading to the Monaghan Knights of Columbus Hall in Livonia, Michigan the next night.

EVOLVE also announced that Chris Hero's matches in San Antonio this weekend will be the main event of both shows. Hero will face Keith Lee on Friday and Zack Sabre Jr. on Saturday in his final matches for the promotion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It was officially announced that Xavier Woods will be cohosting the 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards with Twitch personality "OMGitsfirefoxx," aka Sonja Reed. The SXSW Gaming Awards will take place March 18 in Austin, Texas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE Producer Joey "Mercury" Matthews has resurfaced after being quietly let go by WWE sometime last year following a tour of Europe.

Matthews has been announced as the lead trainer for a new wrestling school Luke Gallows' promotion WrestleAmerica is opening in Middle, Georgia.

The school has already announced seminar camps for 2/7-2/9 and 2/28-3/2 for "seasoned wrestlers", priced at $100 per camp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Fred "Tugboat" Ottman remains hospitalized in Florida. We wish him our best. He has been hospitalized for a little over a week with multiple infections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The entire WWE NXT roster is slated to be backstage at the Royal Rumble PPV, so anyone from that roster could conceivably be tapped for a Rumble surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE star Dave Bautista was interviewed by The Daily Dead's Heather Wixson while over at the Sundance Film Festival for the release of his film "Bushwick" and had a lot of pointed comments about his (to date) final run with WWE in 2014 ...

Highlight from the wrestling centric portion of the interview:

Why his 2014 Run Didn't Work: "It was the company, man. They really just screwed me over. I was banging my head against the wall every day. It’s one of those things, I wish people knew how hard I fought to be there and how hard I fought to just give them the best matches and performances that I could. But it was an everyday struggle dealing with the company. It was such a f***ing nightmare."

The Original Plan for his last PPV Appearance and Fighting to Change It: "What most fans don’t realize is that I stayed an extra month. The reason I had to leave was because I had to go and do press for Marvel for Guardians of the Galaxy. They were actually nice enough to let me stay an extra month. They wanted me to stay that extra month and work with Daniel Bryan at another pay-per-view, but I just thought that didn’t even make sense. We were just starting the Evolution thing, so why couldn’t we run with that instead of me putting Daniel over again, which I just did at WrestleMania? We’re not going to have a better match there than we did at Mania. Let’s just work more with Evolution and build these guys up. So we did. Then right after we built the hell out of them and they were so strong as a unit, they broke them all up. I said, “What is wrong with you guys?” But that was my struggle. I also think a lot of people thought that I really quit, that I really walked out, when in reality, I really stayed an extra month more than I was obligated to do just because I really wanted to be there. I felt like I finally hit my stride and I was so happy to be there again.

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon blowing off his pitch to return at Summerslam 2014: "I said to them, because I wanted to come back for SummerSlam, “Wouldn’t it be great if I came back right when I’m also in the biggest film in the world?” Literally, it was Hunter [Triple H] and Stephanie [McMahon] who laughed at me, and Hunter goes, “We don’t even know if it’s going to be any good.” I swear to God. But I wanted to go back for SummerSlam, and they didn’t want me to come back. I think because they thought it was such a failure, that run, and it wasn’t a failure because of me. Sorry, I’m venting now."
Also revealed he originally wanted to come back as a heel since he felt it would be more useful for the WWE and their plans but the WWE refused. Link to the interview: http://dailydead.com/sundance-2017-i...gs-went-wrong/

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Observer currently speculating if the WWE really wants to sign Omega once his NJPW contract is up at the end of the month, they might be looking at needing a $750k to $1 million per deal to make it happen. Likely the same for NJPW if they want to keep him for their US expansion plans.
  • WrestlingDVDNetwork website recently revealed the contents for WWE's upcoming Wrestlemania Monday DVD/BR set (RAW After Mania shows). http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/f...lu-ray/129684/
  • For those interested in classic WWE era wrestling, a new book focusing on classic WWE shows at MSG was released recently. Book is called "Wrestling in the Garden — The Battle for New York — Works, Shoots & Double-Crosses."
  • New details regarding Kenny Omega's future was teased to be getting revealed tomorrow by the Observer. https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/s...93151716552704
  • Kenny Omega recently responded to Jim Cornette's rant against him, the idea of his WK11 match being worth 6 stars, and the situation regarding a past leg injury. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...tes_malicious/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote