TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 12-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #201
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don't know why you guys feel like everyone deserves to be on WM, it's the superbowl, only the champs get in.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:46 PM   #202
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Mr X reading my mind there. Styles/HBK would have been incredible 5-8 years ago. But I really don't think hbk has enough left in the tank to work at the level those 2 should work at. It would still be a good match....but it wouldn't be the fantasy we all have imagined. That ship has unfortunately sailed.

The only way I see HBK ever being in the ring again is 1v1 vs hunter for his retirement match.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:47 PM   #203
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile X View Post
I don't know why you guys feel like everyone deserves to be on WM, it's the superbowl, only the champs get in.
They should bring back starcade as the December ppv and use that one to trot out all the big names and legends for gimmick matches every year. Would be a good end cap to the season.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #204
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragile X View Post
I would rather they kept things tighter -- I would absolutely prefer the WWE to have WrestleMania be a show where stars are made, but they have made it that show that everybody is part of.

I'm not the biggest fan of Battle Royals, but given what they are doing with Braun Strowman and that they do have the idea of pushing Baron Corbin, Sheamus & Cesaro are doing their thing and they have two sets of Tag Champs, Big Show and Mark Henry still haven't formerly retired, and they have such a bloated roster of jobbers -- I don't mind the Andre Battle Royal coming back for its fourth year.

They throw shit at the wall with the Intercontinental Title match. I'd love it if there were a proper feud build-up for the belt, but it seems fitting to have Bryan put Miz into that Ladder Match scenario. Come WrestleMania 33, I'd be very happy if both concepts were scrapped though.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:59 PM   #205
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Are we entirely sure that we're getting Brock vs. Berg at WrestleMania? I could see the WWE doing something where Brock is eliminated from the Royal Rumble and the following week trashes ringside (like when he killed Michael Cole), only for his WrestleMania opponent to confront him. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Brock Lesnar vs. Shane McMahon was still on the cards.

Is there any other opponent for Goldberg at Mania? I'd actually like to see him squash The Miz, since Miz is about the only guy trying to be a heel and won't exactly be destroyed by it because he is a mid-card worm. I think they'll go the IC Title Ladder Match, but Goldberg winning the IC Title wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

What about Goldberg/Strowman? Not a big fan of Strowman, but people seem to think he is being booked well. Is there anything in a clash between those two at the big stage?
Old 12-23-2016, 09:50 PM   #206
Mr. Nerfect

Here is a revised "Fuck it, they'll probably actually do Triple H vs. Rollins and Cena vs. Undertaker card":

WWE World Championship
AJ Styles (c) vs. Goldberg

-I'm also working under the assumption that Vince McMahon decides to keep Goldberg and Lesnar separate in order to have two special attractions that are larger than his roster. I can see Brock getting eliminated by Goldberg (he's still the only guy that can beat him) and then having a temper tantrum the next night on RAW when he finds out that Goldberg is using the Rumble shot to jump over to SmackDown to work for the bosses he actually likes. Styles plays the chicken-shit well and the presumption is that Goldberg is going to Styles his own personal James Ellsworth.

Yes, This Happens
Brock Lesnar vs. Shane McMahon

-Shane is treated like a star by the WWE. He is good at getting his ass kicked and Brock is good at kicking ass. This is rehab for the Goldberg losses. You couldn't exactly have Brock beat Goldberg and then pretend to be challenged by Shane. The Goldberg frustrations lend Brock/Shane more parity.

The Franchise vs. The Phenom
John Cena vs. The Undertaker

-I'm not stoked about this, but I can see Vince being stubborn about it.

Ugh
Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

-This happens and Seth is booked down to Triple H's level. The crowd will at least pop for Triple H getting beaten by his own move, but it's possible that Triple H gets out of that and there is some murky ending with Shawn Michaels or The Rock getting involved and helping Rollins win with something else. Maybe that superkick to a kneeling opponent comes back?

Not Entirely Sure This Happens, but Let's Prepare for the Worst Match
Big Show vs. Shaq

-Hopefully Shaq has secretly been training for years and this is better than expectations would allow.

Universal Title
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Finn Balor

-This gets planted firmly in the mid-card, although Michael Cole drills in that this is a World Title match representative of the New Era. Owens thinks he is getting a night off as all his enemies end up with opponents and Finn Balor returns as The Demon King to claim the prize he never lost. Owens is terrified because Balor is the guy who beat him for the NXT Championship.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship
The Wyatt Family (c) vs. American Alpha

-I can still see this match happening, and this being the final moment where Orton turns on Wyatt & Harper. I imagine that Orton & Harper will be the team that end up losing the belts, so Wyatt doesn't need to take another dive at WrestleMania here, although he will probably end up eating an RKO.

RAW Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) vs. Bayley vs. Spider Lady (Sasha Banks under a mask)

-Charlotte continues on as Women's Champion (maybe trading it with Bayley a few times) before Ric Flair introduces us to wrestling legend "The Spider Lady." Bayley still has bad blood with Charlotte. It's obvious to the fans who Spider Lady is and Charlotte complains, but Mick Foley grants Spider Lady a WrestleMania title shot against Charlotte just like Bayley -- and the two faces vow that Charlotte isn't walking out champion. Dana Brooke is counteracted by Nia Jax who shows up and is suddenly a babyface because she's The Rock's cousin and isn't like most girls.

SmackDown Women's Championship
Special Guest Referee: Alexa Bliss
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Nikki Bella

-Becky wins back the Women's Title from Bliss, who just got a run because she is hot and they want to earmark her as a future star. Nikki Bella gets her comeback story and Lynch and Bella are all friends, but then Alexa Bliss, wearing a skimpy referee's uniform because Women's Revolution comes out and says that the fate of the SmackDown Women's Revolution will be in her hands. Nikki and Becky both act like they want her to call it down the middle for the sake of the title, but Bliss starts stirring shit implying that they have both come to her and begged for favors.

United States Championship
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Roman Reigns

-I seriously think this could happen. Jericho is one of the best wrestlers in the company and Reigns is going to get a big singles match so why not give it the best chance it can have of being entertaining. Jericho helps Owens retain the RAW Title at the Rumble and Owens pays Jericho back by helping him win the US Title. Jericho works really hard to make this a fun affair.

RAW Tag Team Championship
Sheamus & Cesaro vs. The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass

-It's the yearly tradition of four teams fighting it out in a clusterfuck. They don't usually swap the belts in these things, so Cesaro & Sheamus probably retain.

David vs. Goliath
Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman

-If they drag this out for this long, kudos to them, frankly. It'll probably actually be a hot little affair. Strowman wins because he's big.

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin vs. Kane vs. Kalisto vs. Apollo Crews

-The match that ended Daniel Bryan's career and the ultimate test to prove that The Miz is a true fighting Intercontinental Champion. The Miz makes Daniel Bryan vow that if he wins, this all ends and Daniel Bryan admits that The Miz is a wonderful Intercontinental Champion and has to kiss his ring or something.

Cruiserweight Championship
Neville (c) vs. Kota Ibushi

-Neville wins the CW Title from Swann because Vince gets bored of him and tears through all the babyfaces, necessitating the living legend coming with enough money offered to get him to agree to something resembling enough of a contract for Vince to allow this.

The only person left off this card is Rusev. You can always throw him into the Ladder Match and say his RAW contract expired, stick him in The Rock segment where he gets beaten up or have a Battle Royal on the Kickoff show (probably still dedicated to Andre) where he wins by beating up a lot of cruiserweights, jobbers, etc.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:56 PM   #207
Mr. Nerfect

* Styles vs. Goldberg for the World Title
* Cena vs. Taker
* Brock vs. Shane
* Triple H vs. Rollins
* Big Show vs. Shaq
* The Wyatt Family vs. Alpha for the SmackDown Tag Titles
* Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha for the Women's Title
* Becky vs. Nikki with Alexa Bliss there for the SmackDown Women's Title
* Jericho vs. Reigns for the US Title
* Cesaro & Sheamus vs. New Day vs. Enzo & Cass vs. Gallows & Anderson for the RAW Tag Titles
* Zayn vs. Braun
* Miz vs. Ambrose vs. Dolph vs. Corbin vs. Kane vs. Kalisto vs. Crews in a Ladder Match for the IC Title
* Neville vs. Ibushi for the CW Title

Maybe on the pre-show:

* Rusev maybe wins a Battle Royal
* All the other ladies fight for future title shot at their brand's belt

That's a 13 match main card if it all stays on there, but the WWE won't care because they think more is better.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #208
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've always been a fan of battle royals anyway, but I've loved the concept of the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. They used to always do a special DVD bonus battle royal or lumberjack match anyway to get everyone on the show anyway...and I like that they did that.

Not everybody should be in a title match or have a prominent place on the show, but I DO think everybody deserves a chance to wrestle in front of the largest crowd of the year at the biggest event in the industry. The jobbers work their asses off all year with the grind of the travel schedule, too.

Formally having the Andre battle royal just ensures everybody will have a place. And even though the match is mostly midcard or lower talent, you could theoretically use it as a springboard to elevate somebody. That's what they seemed to be trying to do with Cesaro and Baron Corbin, even if their post-Mania booking didn't reflect that.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 11:08 PM   #209
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Is there any other opponent for Goldberg at Mania? I'd actually like to see him squash The Miz, since Miz is about the only guy trying to be a heel and won't exactly be destroyed by it because he is a mid-card worm. I think they'll go the IC Title Ladder Match, but Goldberg winning the IC Title wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

What about Goldberg/Strowman? Not a big fan of Strowman, but people seem to think he is being booked well. Is there anything in a clash between those two at the big stage?
There was a rumor for a while about a potential Fatal Fourway which would have been Sting vs Taker vs Goldberg vs Lesnar.

Taker threatening Team Smackdown Men and the way Goldberg-Lesnar II happened pretty much got rid of that idea in favor of the current Goldberg and Taker rumors.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:03 AM   #210
Blonde Moment
It's all Bullshit

Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Are we entirely sure that we're getting Brock vs. Berg at WrestleMania? I could see the WWE doing something where Brock is eliminated from the Royal Rumble and the following week trashes ringside (like when he killed Michael Cole), only for his WrestleMania opponent to confront him. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Brock Lesnar vs. Shane McMahon was still on the cards.

Hoping they keep on doig what they are doing with Strowman although I am not looking forward to him doing a clean job to Reigns at Wm. Sooner see Sammy somehow have a hand in it.
Blonde Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #211
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
s there any other opponent for Goldberg at Mania? I'd actually like to see him squash The Miz, since Miz is about the only guy trying to be a heel and won't exactly be destroyed by it because he is a mid-card worm. I think they'll go the IC Title Ladder Match, but Goldberg winning the IC Title wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
The definition of the titles are already convoluted enough with the mid-card titles and the "world" titles being treated as interchangeable and exchanged by midcarders over the years. Putting the IC Title on the most over/credible main eventer you've got would just make things worse. Especially when you've got TWO world titles on relative midcard guys that he should be able to squash in 2 seconds. It doesn't make sense.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 08:13 PM   #212
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
The definition of the titles are already convoluted enough with the mid-card titles and the "world" titles being treated as interchangeable and exchanged by midcarders over the years. Putting the IC Title on the most over/credible main eventer you've got would just make things worse. Especially when you've got TWO world titles on relative midcard guys that he should be able to squash in 2 seconds. It doesn't make sense.
Yeah, I think I can get behind that point.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #213
Mr. Nerfect

Thinking more about it, I'd probably turn Big Show/Shaq into the Andre Battle Royal, with the RAW Tag Team Title match happening on the pre-show, then all eight of those guys padding out the Battle Royal too (giving them a main card spot). This allows for Rusev to have a spot, although he can still do whatever else you have lined up for him anyway (Lana getting slut-shamed, Rusev being humiliated for standing up for her, etc.). They'll probably fly in the WWE UK Champion for a title defense on the pre-show against someone too. Maybe some sort of multi-woman match and cruiserweight clusterfuck too to promote the other shows the WWE has, before the main card kicks off with, hopefully, Neville vs. Ibushi.

I don't really think that match will happen, but it's within the realm of possibility. Neville looks to be going after the belt, has got a lot of energy behind him since he woke up the crowd, and Ibushi is on the WWE's radar. He doesn't want to sign full-time, but maybe they will be inspired to make a better offer (which might, in turn, lead to them treating him as a higher priority and a special deal) or allow him a similar deal to the UK guys they are signing -- where he'd just need to get his dates approved and he can collect WWE money. It's probably the only match I care about in the 205 Live realm, so I hope they do at least consider it and allow the guys to try and go out there and set the pace.
Old 12-25-2016, 07:58 PM   #214
Mr. Nerfect

I was just thinking about the Brock Lesnar opponent at WrestleMania. A lot of people assume that it is going to be Goldberg, but the end game there is pretty short. Either Brock wins and Goldberg is done, or Goldberg keeps shocking the world and this time Brock has no excuses.

If both guys are going to stay on as special attractions, and given that they are two of the only guys in the company that can generate something resembling excitement, it wouldn't really make sense to put them against each other at Mania. Brock is heading into the Royal Rumble to hunt Goldberg, but it is also a wonderful opportunity for someone else to blitz Brock, eliminate him, get between him and his goals and earn the ire of both Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman.

There are very few guys on the WWE roster with the ability to mix it up with Brock believably. This is why Brock's matches have been on "Suplex Simmer" mode. They have been waiting for someone hot and believable enough to come along and be able to have that "Brock match" we all love. This is why Shane McMahon was also on the cards -- because like it or not, he's one of the few babyfaces on the roster that people actually believe in a little bit because of his last name. In fact, Brock vs. Shane is still not entirely out of the realms of possibility. All that would need to happen is that everybody in the Rumble works together to muscle out Brock, to which his response is to enter the ring and F5 everybody and make a scene only for Shane to come and try to stop him. Don't think the WWE wouldn't do it.

Brock is good at killing things and Shane is good at being killed. It is actually a very good match-up, and with Brock losing to Goldberg, he's got more vulnerability than ever before, but in a way that could present him as more dangerous. The only problem with a Brock vs. Shane match is that Brock's contract is coming up, isn't it? If Brock is going to re-sign, then he needs meat; but if he is going away then it would be beneficial for the WWE to use Brock to make someone. He proved how easily he can do it with Goldberg.

But who does Brock make? And who does he destroy if he is staying around? Is this where they blow their load with Braun Strowman? They probably know that secretly he is not really going to be a star and that this build-up has been fun but they need to discharge eventually. If Brock re-signs, he kills Braun, but if he decides to leave then they put Braun over as the new monster? If they know that Brock is leaving, do they call up Samoa Joe for that role? He's one of the few guys with the intensity to match Brock. He won't look that menacing next to Brock, but Heyman could sell it. It could be Reigns vs. Brock but better. Fuck, do they go with Reigns vs. Brock again and hope for the best?

I'm kind of curious to see what the Brock match at WrestleMania ends up being. If he chooses to leave it to the zero hour to re-sign, I can imagine things getting quite messy. But if they know they have Brock, even if it is just for one more year, then maybe the Brock vs. Shane match is actually the best way to go?
Old 12-25-2016, 09:57 PM   #215
Mr. Nerfect

A different idea for getting to Cena vs. Styles for the WWE Title at Mania:

* John Cena gets the Royal Rumble title shot.

* Cena beats AJ Styles after a hard fought match and, weirdly enough, a tiny little bit of cheating when the referee isn't looking. John Cena has become the "16-time World Champion."

* AJ Styles is incensed and has snapped (and maybe even become a submission machine). He tosses things around backstage and says he is entering the Royal Rumble tonight. He bumps into someone like James Ellsworth or even Jinder Mahal and beats the piss out of them, opening up a spot.

* AJ Styles enters the Rumble. You can either go with him being the marathon man or him being a late entry that's pissed off. Either way, Angry Styles wins the 2017 Royal Rumble after losing the WWE Title earlier that night and having yet another classic with John Cena. He'll be getting the title shot at WrestleMania and "there's something different about AJ Styles."

* On SmackDown, Cena comes out to "Also Sprach Zarathustra" in a suit, styling and profiling. He basically acts like a bit of an ass. Not really a heel turn, mind you, but sort of like how Cena was willing to go a bit darker for The Rock. He acts a bit more entitled instead of being the humble "I'm proud of this achievement and for the people who supported me and the men and women who fight for this country" Cena. He's a bit more in love with himself, not unlike the film roles he has been hitting out of the park. He's the man and he knows it, and now that he has that record he's showing a bit more ego.

Basically, Styles goes a bit more serious and Cena is the one who plays bad, even though he still hasn't done anything too dastardly. I dunno, I think it would be more interesting. And someone beating Cena for his 16th championship seems like a bigger deal than Cena actually winning it at this point. I'd rather see Styles go over at WrestleMania too, so if we already have the belt on Cena we can tell the story of Styles going over him and we've done the 16th title win for Cena.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:29 PM   #216
Mr. Nerfect

Possible development, but also a bit stupid (but would fit in with current WWE): John Cena stubs his toe the week of WrestleMania and suggests that he has to forfeit his 16th title. But then he gets good medical news that it was not as bad as he thought, and recovery time was a minute, so he will be good to challenge for his 17th WWE Championship at WrestleMania when he wins the vacant belt.
Old 12-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #217
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
He could just win both the World and Universal title on the same night giving him his 16th and 17th win at mania.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #218
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
According to the Observer, Brock-Shane was the plan for Mania before Goldberg got brought back.

The idea was originally Vince's and had a lot of push back from upper management who hated the idea. Also seems like a portion of management still hasn't warmed up to Shane being back in prominent role in the company.

Ben part of a larger theme this year of management starting to push back more against Vince and his plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
"That's why it was such a fight to get Goldberg because there were people who were very much pushing - 'we've got a plan, we've got a plan' ya know? And Vince ended up being convinced that Bill Goldberg was a better plan than Shane McMahon as a plan, which ruffled some key people's feathers."

He went on to say, "A lot of politics go through these decisions and a lot of people have different ideas of what will and won't get over. I'm not even saying this was personal agenda because this wasn't Shane I'm talking about although I'm sure Shane wasn't down for Goldberg vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania either but he's not in power. But the people who were, they felt that for whatever reason, that it wasn't the right idea but Vince overruled - I mean he didn't overrule them, it's Vince's rule - Vince ruled, Vince made the call and there were a lot of people against the finish of the Goldberg/Lesnar match and Vince ruled in that direction as well, so, just how things go."
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ck_lesnars_wm/
Old 12-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #219
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I guess Brock vs Goldberg is less shitty than Brock vs Shane. So thank you Goldberg.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #220
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

According to the Observer, WWE is backing away on having Reigns main event another Mania nor treat it like another "coronation" of his mega star status. If he gets a "coronation" moment, its likely happening at the Rumble instead.

Also Reigns-Strowman got downgraded from being very likely to just a possible option since the WWE is now considering more ideas. One idea involves a huge surprise but the Observer doesn't think the WWE would actually do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWMania
For what it’s worth, WWE officials have not decided on WrestleMania 33 plans for current United States Champion Roman Reigns with less than 100 days to go until the big event in Orlando.

It sounds like there could be a big coronation for Reigns at the Royal Rumble next month as he faces WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens with Owens’ title on the line, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. That match will feature Chris Jericho suspended above the ring in a shark cage.

Regarding WrestleMania 33, Meltzer noted that there are different ideas being discussed for Reigns and one includes a big surprise that’s probably not happening. No word yet on exactly what that surprise might be. However, none of the WrestleMania plans being discussed have anything to do with another Reigns coronation.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #221
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
lol...that last paragraph is the very reason internet wrestling journalism needs to be taken with a handful of salt
Old 12-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #222
Rebecca Reigns

Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Roman could face an entire army and still come out on top!
Rebecca Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 04:53 PM   #223
Mr. Nerfect

To play devil's advocate, you can pretty much decipher what that means though. Someone has said "Reigns vs. Rock" or "Reigns vs. Batista" in a meeting but they can't get it done and Reigns isn't going to be winning the Rumble to face Owens. It's not that ludicrous.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:38 AM   #224
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Meltzer has reported the following now

Quote:

When it comes to the WrestleMania 33 card, Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com reports that the following three matches are currently locked in:

Brock Lesnar vs. Bill Goldberg
Triple H vs. Seth Rollins
Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal

According to Meltzer, WWE is considering doing Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns with the idea that it builds towards the future (Reigns) while a match with Undertaker vs. Cena doesn't. This will likely be Undertaker's last match, whether he faces Cena or Roman.

If Roman Reigns beats the Undertaker in his final match...that might actually be the thing that finally drives many older fans off.
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #225
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Yeah, that'll be the nail in the coffin for me.

Actually just doing Reigns/Taker at all might do it. Sounds shit.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:49 AM   #226
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
He would have to be insane to do Roman/Undertaker. If the reaction to Roman beating HHH at WM32 was bad, Roman ending the Undertaker's career would be an absolute disaster.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #227
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Vince strikes me as tone deaf enough to do it.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:04 PM   #228
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

How the fuck could they not do Taker/Cena while they still have a chance?

ESPECIALLY since you know Reigns/Cena will happen at a WrestleMania before long.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:08 PM   #229
slik
Trickster Demon

I could see Roman/Cena headlining SummerSlam for some reason.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:10 PM   #230
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

You can do Reigns/Cena at SummerSlam. Just have Cena go over Taker so he can transition that to Reigns.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:11 PM   #231
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

lol if Reigns goes over Taker and Cena in the same year. Nope that doesn't seem forced at all!
Old 12-29-2016, 12:19 PM   #232
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wow. Part of me actually wants to see that happen just for the fan reaction. It wouldn't be like when Brock beat Taker, the shock of him losing is gone. Only way it would build toward the future was if Roman turns heel and stays one.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:24 PM   #233
slik
Trickster Demon

Actually I could see Roman beating Taker at WM, then Roman beating Cena at SummerSlam and then Roman beating Brock at WM34, especially if it is Minneapolis and is Lesnar's last bout.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #234
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Reigns vs Strowman is probably their best option for a WM program for Reigns if they want to build towards the future. Throw them in there and see who the fans gravitate to.

I really think they should make 2017 a bad year for Reigns. Start with him losing at the RR, then losing his US title at the next Raw PPV, and then losing to Braun at Mania. Followed by a year of failures and short comings. They got to break him down and build some sympathy for the guy so fans can get behind him. Right now as fans see him he's the appointed successor to John Cena and fans just aren't buying it.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #235
Big Vic
( ._.)

Strowman should go over Reigns.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:56 PM   #236
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Reigns/Taker is probably going to kill off whatever mega star potential the WWE wants him to have than be a "Once in a Lifetime" type moment like Rock/Hogan and Rock/Cena I & II were.

Reigns isn't ready at all for a match of that magnitude and they are better off doing Cena/Taker at Mania 33 and then Reigns/Cena at Mania 34 to create the real "passing of the torch" moment for Reigns.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #237
Big Vic
( ._.)

How come in our 'booking fantasies' we are putting reigns over people and passing the torch to him?
Old 12-29-2016, 01:13 PM   #238
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Because we're trying to be realistic.

Reigns is going to be the top star in the company for the next decade. It is unavoidable. Short of Vince dying and Triple H taking over and completely changing everything, Reigns is going to be the top guy for a long time whether the fans respond to it or not.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:22 PM   #239
Big Vic
( ._.)

You have to fight, You have to have hope, revolutions are built on hope.
Old 12-31-2016, 02:45 PM   #240
Mr. Nerfect

Ugh, really don't want to see Undertaker/Cena. I think it will happen, but I really don't want to see it. What's the finish? Who benefits?