TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 03-22-2015, 10:02 PM   #41
Jazzy Foot

Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
If Rusev does retain, however, I would like Cena to sell the loss by disappearing for a little while.
This. I think it would do wonders for both him and WWE. It's not like he will be forgotten etc and with him taking a backseat it allows WWE to push younger talents and perhaps actually settle on someone they feel is a true main eventer.
Jazzy Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:03 PM   #42
Jazzy Foot

Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Jazzy Foot has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I think Cena beating Rusev is actually a good move. It's time to see what Rusev can do without the streak on his side.
I like the idea of Rusev being dominant and waving the Russian flag in everyone's faces given its relevance right now i.e. Russia/Putin constantly in the news for all the wrong reasons. Have it continue until we eventually get bored.
Jazzy Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:18 PM   #43
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I would have had Cena put his career on the line against Rusev. I know that stipulation often doesn't carry much weight, because most of the time it telegraphs who is winning -- but I think it would have been organic and fit this story. Cena doesn't win the US Title, Rusev has no reason to fight him again, Cena puts something big on the line for another shot. Sure, Cena would obviously be winning, but that's the sort of story they are trying to tell with these guys.

OR Rusev could actually beat Cena, then Erick Rowan, Ryback and Dolph Ziggler can fight Rusev in order to pay back Cena by winning his job back. A Triple Threat Match to decide who faces Rusev actually has some appeal. Or Rusev could go through them one at a time. Ziggler can be given the shot of challenging for the US Title or fighting for Cena's job. He (almost reluctantly) has to go with Cena, and he gets Cena back in the WWE. Or something.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote