TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 06-01-2011, 04:56 PM   #41
G
Selectively Social

G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
one perk mentioned invisible to heartbeat. glad heartbeat is back
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:34 PM   #42
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Looks like I'll be using Ninja again.

One thing I hope they don't carry over from Black Ops is the making you play game modes to unlock the pro version of some perks. I don't play HQ or Demolition, why should I have to play them to unlock flak jacket pro? Same with Marathon Pro needing flag captures in capture the flag.

Last edited by LoDownM; 06-02-2011 at 11:55 AM.
LoDownM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #43
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Akimbo RPDs
Akimbo Riot Shields
RoXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #44
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
I hope no one watches Youtube from Activision. FPSRussia has a video of him dual wielding AA-12s.
LoDownM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #45
Blitz
Angel Headed Hipster

Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourZeroTwo
Lots of false #MW3 info being reported as fact. There is no Stopping Power, OMA, Commando, or Nukes. Beyond that, you’ll have to wait & see.

@crecenteb There is no Stopping Power period. We also have no such thing as 'team perks'. All other #MW3 MP details remain undisclosed.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #46
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's funny when companies debunk otherwise sweet details.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #47
D Mac

D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)D Mac has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
No nukes. GOOD. I hated in MW2 where you'd be winning a Domination match and then lose to some camping asshole on the other team that didn't give a fuck about taking flag points just to get a nuke.
D Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #48
Khuntry
Maverick Hunter

Khuntry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
No nukes. GOOD. I hated in MW2 where you'd be winning a Domination match and then lose to some camping asshole on the other team that didn't give a fuck about taking flag points just to get a nuke.
Yeah this..
Khuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #49
RoXer

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Robert Bowling, Creative Strategist on Modern Warfare 3 did an IAMA on Reddit. I'll post the highlights.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ist_on_modern/
Old 06-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #50
RoXer

Despite Call of Duty being a team based game the gameplay encourages and rewards lone-wolves who ignore the objectives for kills, what's being done about that? Why for so long has a team based game been so focused around being a selfish douchebag?

I completely agree and we have changed a lot of how XP, match bonus, challenges, rewards, and other incentives are distributed in objective gameplay, much on how we are encouraging gun on gun gameplay in TDM modes, in objective modes we are making it so being an objective focused player in objective gametypes.

Furthermore, we have focused a lot of the new equipment additions in multiplayer to make sure were giving the objective player just as many tools to be better at playing the objective focused gametypes as we do a TDM player.

Its not all about kills, we have to reward the defender of a bomb site, the flag runner, and the guy covering the flag runner, more so than the guy just getting kills and never going near the objective points.

I read you loud and clear and while I can't go into further detail, this has been addressed.

I'm a hardcore SnD player and a Dom player after that.

Why should I buy MW3 instead of Battlefield 3?

You should be buying both because they both will be stellar games. I refuse to say one ill word of Battlefield 3 or DICE because I think they're both fantastic and am good friends with several of the guys on the team.

If you are a shooter fan, they are both fantastic games to own because of one reason. They are different.

Each do their own thing in a fantastic way and it is refreshing to have the option for both styles.

Alot of the MW3 footage looked very similar to MW2, what is MW3 doing to differentiate itself from previous games both in terms of singleplayer and multiplayer?

From a story stand point, Modern Warfare 3 is a direct sequel - picking up just hours after Modern Warfare 2 ended.

the big difference, from a single player campaign standpoint, in Modern Warfare 3 is the scale of the levels you're fighting in. Like going through the streets of Manhattan both on foot and in-air, or Paris, or London, or parts of Africa. The sizes of the campaign levels are massive, which required a lot of work in terms of advancing the streaming tech to not only get to that level of scale but to maintain the game running above 60 fps at all times.

From a multiplayer stand point its all about polish and balance. Taking all the feedback from Modern Warfare 2, building up from the core design philosophy of Call of Duty 4 (the simplistic beauty of fast paced gun on gun focused gameplay), keeping what we loved, losing stuff we (including you) didn't, and adding in stuff that will change up the way we play.

The size is great, but are they more open? I like games like Fallout, where you can wander through surroundings, instead of being sheparded down a narrow path. If I'm in Manhattan, can I just turn down any street and run into a group of enemy soldiers, or is there a pre-determined route?

The single player campaign is all about delivering a cinematic experience with set piece moments and massive action. However, we know you want open (let me decide how to tackle this) gameplay and that is where we've really expanded on Spec Ops in allowing you to play out missions with objectives in more open areas that are not tied to the story. Furthermore, you can play every Spec Ops survival mission on ALL multiplayer maps that are completely open.

Were you surprised at the backlash to COD: Elite?
How do you feel about Battlefield's similar service?

I was not surprised at all, because it positioned poorly and misunderstood.

If I thought I had to pay for stats, groups, clans, the ability to change my class on the fly online or on my phone, and all the other features they announced. I'd want it for free too.

Luckily, all that IS free for everyone, but people didn't know that.

I think these are services that all shooters should eventually have one day, and I'm stoked we'll have them free to everyone for MW3 and am glad that DICE is doing the same.

Didn't know you were a redditor Rob...Anyways, huge fan of IW (Well, the previous IW, but hopefully the IW 2.0 is similar). Good to talk to you again too (we've exchanged a few emails, texts a while back, doubt you remember)

I have a few questions/suggestions...(A lot of them are PS3 questions, since PS3 users are still dealing with Treyarchs screw ups on BO)

* Unlike Black ops, you guys are committed to 60fps on all consoles. Does the same apply to resolution (Will PS3 version be gimped to 540p, or both run at 600p?)
* This runs the IW 4.0 Engine Correct? Care to outline any adjustments made to that? (Streaming tech, etc)
* Will dive to prone/dolphin dive be present in MW3?
* Can you comment at all on the IW/Activision/Respawn suit? If not, understandable....However my main concern is that MW3 will lose the IW "look and feel" with a whole new team working on it. So I ask you, to answer in all honesty, does this play like MW2 and COD4?
* Invite system on the PS3 is something that IW always screws up (no offense). Please make private matches private, and introduce a similar invite system that black ops used.
* What is IW stance on Sniping in MW3? Will it be gimped? (Saw you answered this already)
* Will weapons have a bit more recoil in MW3 compared to MW2? Is that something you guys are working on now?
* Knife Lunge=Reduced?
* Balance Noob Tubes..they were obviously OP in MW2....You and I both know that
* Please, and I quote you from a MW2 interview, "QA The Fuck" out of the game

Great to talk to you again. Lots of questions here, so I'll take them one by one:

1) The frame rate (always above 60 FPS) and resolution will be the same across all platforms.

2) No, this runs on the MW3 engine, which would typically be named IW5 but out of respect of our co-development partners at Sledgehammer games we are simply referring to it as the MW3 engine. It is upgraded from the engine we used in Modern Warfare 2. There have been a lot of advances, mostly in streaming tech to allow us to get the scale of levels we're doing in Modern Warfare 3 and maintain gameplay consistency with the framerate and smoothness. We've got a lot of audio stuff mostly adding situational awareness like bullet wizzbys and other subtle upgrades. A lot of lighting stuff updates as well.

3) No, there is no dive to prone in Modern Warfare 3.

4) I absolutely can not comment on litigation. To me the game plays like Call of Duty 4 in terms of gameplay style, but with the smoothness of MW2 plus the new advances we've made. Furthermore, its not an all new team. We do have new people, but less than half left, with a lot of MW veterans remaining who continue to be passionate about the franchise.

5) We've been doing a lot of work on private match, especially on PS3 and plan to address this issue for you.

6) Yes, this was noted by several of our Spec Ops hands on players at E3, check out the comments @z0mgItsHutch made on Twitter after playing spec ops.

7) Yes, and we've removed Commando.

8) Explosives as a whole have been re-balanced to make them the support tool they're intended to be not a primary weapon of attack.

9) Yes sir.

Will there be a MW3 MP beta?

There will definitely be an internal one, but we haven't decided or confirmed if there will be a public one. A public multiplayer beta is a give / take in terms of development schedule. It takes a good month out of your schedule to prepare it for public consumption and actually have time to incorporate the feedback.

In the meantime, while that's decided, I've been flying community members out to Infinity Ward to see the game (not play yet) but to see and discuss it and give feedback. Furthermore, we will fly out members of our glitcher community to give the MP a run through its paces later in development to try to find map holes, glitches, and other exploits prior to release. We also have a full-time QA department.
(So...no. There won't be one)

What do you feel has been the single best improvement for MW3 over MW2 (or Black Ops)?

Or, should I say, the best improvement you can reveal.

Spec Ops by far. Adding in the matchmaking, progressive ranking, killstreaks and unlocks, and wave based modes have made Spec Ops everything we always wanted it to be when we first introduced it.

Also, returning to gun on gun focused multiplayer is a big thing for me.

How do you respond to the criticism that modern FPS games are destroying gaming? While Call of Modern Gears of Battlefield is certainly helping the audience of "gamers" get bigger, the number of major releases that are truly innovative is severely dwindling.

Without big studio support for innovation, truly innovative and genre-changing concepts can only be implemented into 2-3 hour games that are relegated to an "indie" category, which to many (dumb) gamers means "not as good games."

I realize there is credence for and against this argument, but I feel it is the prevailing viewpoint on Reddit that originality is great but is dying, and I wondered about your opinion. Many of us feel that the days of major studios releasing games like Fallout, XCOM, and Deus Ex are over, and instead they are releasing rehashes that don't bring much new to the table.

I think our industry is no different than the music or film industry in the sense that the dominance of one genre is never infinite. While first person shooters are all the rage right now, it won't always be the case. Furthermore, the real decision makers are the consumer. We make shooters because that is what we do well, we've always done it, even before they were $1 billion dollar sellers.

We, as an industry, don't need to stop making stellar shooters for a creative new genre or take on the same genre to rise to dominance. We just need to make sure we, as an industry and as consumers, need to give equal opportunity attention to all games.

That's the approach I take, I openly express my love for games like Trenched (coming from Double Fine to XBLA in 2 weeks) as I do Gears of War 3.

as hardcore MW2 fan, I have to ask: will there be quick-scoping in MW3?

Currently, you can still quick scope in Modern Warfare 3. Keep in mind though, multiplayer is always changing at this stage (new perks, new balancing, new everything all the time based on feedback), however our philosophy on that hasn't changed since MW2.(ugh)

What changes are being made to the multiplayer for MW3 compared to MW2? Will MW3 be more balanced this time around?

From a design philosophy point of view, we are building up from Call of Duty 4, bringing the stuff we liked from Modern Warfare 2, losing the stuff we (and you) universally did not but overall focusing more on the gun-on-gun fast paced infantry combat, less relying on air support, but still using it as its intended (to aid in your fight, not supplement it).

I can't give too many hard facts on multiplayer at this time due to the fact that we're very much still balancing, tweaking, and adding to it daily.

For sure things I have confirmed is the fact that we removed One Man Army, Commando, re-balanced all explosives, maintained high gun damage without relying on Stopping Power to keep firefights fast paced but closer to COD4's balance.

What would you say is YOUR favourite aspect about MW3 that differs from previous Call of Duty games?

Spec Ops Survival mode, solely because it brings a lot of stuff to the game that we've never done before, plus you get to use a lot of Multiplayer features without worrying about them being over powered (since its co-op and not competitive MP), so you get to do shit like have an awesomely powered ACR and take on bomb dogs with Juggernaut and it doesn't matter if its completely ludicrous since it all takes place outside the story mode. Its all about just having fun.

How much do you look at other games to see how the competition is doing things?

I personally play everything and am always looking at how other games implement a feature and think about how that could work in our series. No feature is typically universal, to where it could work exactly the same in another game, but you can typically boil it down to it's core value. What does this feature add and what problem does it solve? Okay, lets figure out how we can take that aspect, and incorporate it differently to work in ours.

I was just having this same conversation with Cliff Bleszinski the other night about this very thing. Particularly crediting them on the LB "show all team mate" feature in their multiplayer games. In a game that relies so heavily on team oriented gameplay to win, being able to quickly and subtly keep tabs on your team mate general position is essential.

Will there be something similar to the BLOPS theater mode for multiplayer?

Yes, but the exact implementation of it is not finished. Its important to look at features and make sure they're optimized in a way that does not affect frame rate or gameplay for the sake just having it.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:08 PM   #51
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If Activision still has plans for releasing a special edition headset for Call of Duty on all consoles, then it looks like the Wii is going to get Modern Warfare 3 even though it never got MW2 in the series (MW 1 was renamed MW Reflex on the Wii).

Officially, Activision and IW haven't confirmed nor denied the Wii version is in development. Originally, the previous bosses at IW never wanted any of their games on the Wii which is why Activision used Treyarch for the Wii games in the series. Now with those guys gone and Battlefield 3 being a serious contender, a Wii version would add another source of sales for this year's CoD game (Wii versions usually get about 1.5 million in sales).

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26684
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #52
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As both a way to listen to complaints about glitches during multiplayer games in past games and as a way to boost up the multiplayer to compete better against Battlefield 3, Infinity Ward hired a group of known glitchers to help smooth out any glitches and bugs for Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer modes.

Normally the Q&A department spends a couple of days searching for glitches but according to one person in the group, IW wants the group to work on the game for over a week.

The same group had been brought in twice before in the past for World at War and Modern Warfare 2 but this time Inifnity Ward is putting more priority on finding and fixing any possible glitches found before the game goes on sale later this year. They also want to make sure that the group isn't hiding any glitches due to the past times glitches were found too early after a game's release.

http://kotaku.com/5819770/glitchers-...-3-multiplayer
Old 07-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #53
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Fuck up the game's multiplayer for millions on months on end, get hired to playtest the game again. This sends an awesome message.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:02 PM   #54
Requiem

Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Requiem got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
'Normally the Q&A department spends a couple of days searching for glitches but according to one person in the group, IW wants the group to work on the game for over a week.'

Well there's the problem. They don't do fuck all QA testing. No wonder the previous games went down the shitter so fast. They spend minimal time actually testing the quality.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #55
G
Selectively Social

G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)G has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #56
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Whatever.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:03 PM   #57
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Oh joy, more snide remarks from kalyx.

Also, will this have combat training, or at least offline bot support?
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #58
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
Whatever.
Fucking go away then. Fuck.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:50 PM   #59
RoXer

screwing around with the elite beta atm
Old 07-25-2011, 05:53 PM   #60
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
'Normally the Q&A department spends a couple of days searching for glitches but according to one person in the group, IW wants the group to work on the game for over a week.'

Well there's the problem. They don't do fuck all QA testing. No wonder the previous games went down the shitter so fast. They spend minimal time actually testing the quality.
That's gold. It's only one step up from being Obsidan and not having a QA department.
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 PM   #61
Mooияakeя™
▒▓▀▄WINNER▄▀▓▒

Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Mooияakeя™ puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Didn't these guys implode like just after CoD4? I brought MW2, but never really liked it. On PC and PS3. Played it more on the PS3 as mates from work were on there.
Mooияakeя™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 05:59 PM   #62
RoXer

Elite seems to be nothing but meaningless stats vomitted at you in a graphical, difficult to comprehend format
Old 07-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #63
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

The Commando perk will not be retuning for Modern Warfare 3 and some other balances have been made to the game to fix the "broken" issues people have with the series multiplayer.

Quote:
“Its been balanced, plus Commando is no longer in the game. Beyond that, you’ll have to wait and see.”
http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/2011...-says-bowling/
Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 PM   #64
Vietnamese Crippler
Unnecessarily awesome

Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Vietnamese Crippler puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Now it's called Rocket Boots.
Vietnamese Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:53 AM   #65
El Fangel
ELF ANGEL

El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
List of weapons yet?
El Fangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #66
Blitz
Angel Headed Hipster

Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
List of weapons yet?
Take it with a grain of salt, but here.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #67
El Fangel
ELF ANGEL

El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Fangel makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If all that is correct I will be happy.

I'm excited for the sniper bipod on a 50 cal and SCAR

As ling as no thermal, Ill be happy as a pig in shit.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #68
El Fangel
ELF ANGEL

I seriously cannot fucking wait for this to come out.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:29 PM   #69
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I pre ordered this. I'm suppose to get a special weapon from gamestop to use in game or something.
RP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #70
Crimson

Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
I didn't get into MW2. Like BO better. Hope MW3 isn't like MW2 the guns were too cartoonish.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #71
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Same here. Something about it just didn't hook me like MW1 and BO did.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:41 PM   #72
El Fangel
ELF ANGEL

I liked MW2 for how the levels played and the broadrange of them and weaponry.

We all know what I didn't like and I still think that CoD4 is the best.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #73
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

As far as maps go, I would agree, but I like a lot of the things subsequent games have added.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:16 AM   #74
alvarado52
Two weeks.

alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)alvarado52 puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
My main issue with BO is that the diversity of the guns feel lacking. It seems they are all the same, just either semi or automatic.
alvarado52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:40 AM   #75
El Fangel
ELF ANGEL

Two many and mostly useless SMG's when everyone else is packing a Famass or an An-74usuck.

Out of the AR, Ak47, Galil, Aug and G11 rest have flaws
Out of SMG, An74u and rest are brutal though I can beast with Mac10 and Uzi
Out of Sniper, PSG is only one I find worth using.
Out of shotguns, Well nothing really, they all are destroyed by SMG's

With MW2 you seemed to have a good chance with any gun.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #76
Crimson

Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Crimson has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Yea both games have their flaws. I disagree on shotguns being useless tho, I've done pretty well with the Spas in certain maps.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 AM   #77
El Fangel
ELF ANGEL

Barrett and Spas-12 in MW2 was my most used setup and I was unreal with it.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #78
Miotch
On-nO Asscii to Asscii

Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Miotch got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Can't wait til that first week in January or so when FAngel shits all over the game and lets us know how much he hates just about everything about it.

Really looking forward to that.
Miotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #79
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY

#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Laughing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miotch View Post
Can't wait til that first week in January or so when FAngel shits all over the game and lets us know how much he hates just about everything about it.

Really looking forward to that.
I don't even like the games, but it's why I read the thread.

Hoping we get a sequel to "Fuck DLC... I've just purchased the DLC, guys"
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #80
El Fangel
ELF ANGEL

Well I will bitch like any other person if there are anywheres near the number of glitches.

I bought the map pack because I was convinced I would like it, the maps were underwhelming for me so I deleted them.

Would be impressed if you were given an option to turn each mappack on or off if you didn't want them in your rotation.

And I've been more anxious for this then any CoD so far as I'm impressed.