TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #11
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
As I said, I was thinking about AJ Styles and all the other things he could do besides wrestling Shane McMahon and got distracted with all the women's programs. Another idea, as lame as this sounds at first, is to have Styles enter the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

You would do this ONLY if he were going to win it or be the final guy eliminated. My heart wants him to win it, but I can see the rational in a heel tossing him out at the end after the match has been all about him. But the idea behind it is that Styles hasn't been given his one-on-one rematch for the WWE Title and doesn't feel as appreciated as he should be on SmackDown (the logical set-up for the Shane match -- unless one of Shane's kids suddenly develops a soccer mom haircut). He decides he is going to enter the Battle Royal, with the intention of winning it and slamming the trophy down on Shane's desk. He's the best, he can fight the entire roster at once, and he's going to do just that at WrestleMania. He is the true giant in WWE -- it his talent that makes him a giant.

When he enters that Battle Royal, he is going to be cheered like crazy. Ignoring a wrestler's talents is the best way to get them over in this era, as Daniel Bryan proved. The crowd is not going to be into anyone as much as AJ Styles out there. Samoa Joe is likely to be in the Battle Royal at this point too, so you can do a Styles vs. Joe segment in the match. Gallows & Anderson can be in there and have a few cute moments with Styles. But basically you have Styles run the gauntlet and he's the last guy in there with Braun Strowman. Everyone's prediction to win. The crowd would be going nuts for Styles. Braun tosses Styles around a lot, but Styles is the scrappy underdog (in the casual fan's mind, even though he believes in himsef) and manages to pull out some impressive shit on Strowman. Eventually, somehow, someway, AJ Styles wins the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. He goes down and poses with the trophy, proving that he is truly in a class of his own. It wouldn't be the biggest moment they could give Styles, but it would be his moment.

Given that they are doing that documentary with HBO Sports, I imagine they'll want to make the Battle Royal a big deal too. Styles is the guy to put in a match when you want it to be a big deal in 2017.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote