TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 05-23-2016, 11:25 PM   #41
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Good stuff. I'm unfamiliar with 1991, but I'm looking forward to listening to the show. The movie review was absolutely hilarious, by the way. I've never seen Ready to Rumble, so I couldn't believe what I was actually hearing half of the time.

That's a fair point about Austin. I guess my thinking is that if you sat him down, laid out plans and he knew the direction, he might be more willing to play ball. You're right though -- he had lost a lot of steam since 2001 -- and you were never going to be able to put that toothpaste back in the tube. That being said, Austin floating around the mid-card is something no one wants to see either. I guess what you guys did with him was realistically pretty much all you could do. Austin/Triple H was a bit fresher to me, simply because of the shifted dynamics of Triple H as the babyface. While it felt like they had feuded for a long time, 3 Stages of Hell was the blow-off. A fantastic match, but somewhat of a gate left open for one more chapter sort of thing. I liked their chemistry more than Austin/Taker.

I felt really bad for Jericho in 2002. I remember being bored by him. Bored...by Chris Jericho? Something was very wrong there. His credibility was completely pissed down the drain. I personally felt that the cowardly, dog-walking Jericho was way too much a departure from what made him a guy in the first place. But Triple H vs. Jericho was never my preferred Mania X-8 main event anyway.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote