TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 01-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #1
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Top 5 Wrestling Themes (3): Recycled

Here's the top 5 themes for the week, this time themes that were originally used by someone else but then used again by someone else. I'm not including instances like when the Fink used the Ultimate Warrior's theme or like how WCW used the Hollywood Blondes theme for jobbers. The original user has to be at least mildly known to begin with.

This theme will probably pop up at least one more time, as it is such a bad assed original song. Most fans from here know this song as the theme Taz used in ECW, destroying the fuck out of everyone. What's not as well known is that it was originally used in the Territories by Lord Humongous. Various people wore the hockey mask, but the best known was Sid Eudy. One thing is certain either way, When this theme hits, you know someone is getting their ass kicked.

This one is probably the most recent instance of a recycled theme. Originally used by Ernest Miller during his brief run in WWE, when he was channeling James Brown. Then we saw the Brodus Clay vignettes, expecting what we are pretty much getting now. Then this played and out came Brodus Clay looking like he sewed the wardrobe of Run DMC together for himself.

Before Edge realized how well "You Suck" fit into this theme, it was originally used in WWE by former GWF Champion the Patriot. Del Wilkes had success in Japan and I want to say he won the tag straps in WCW with Bagwell during a brief run. He wasn't well liked by the Kliq or by Bret and Co, so he didn't get over in WWE. The fact that he had a VERY pronounced southern accent probably didn't help. The song had a very America, Fuck Yeah vibe to it, and the next time someone came out draped in the stars and stripes, he was given the theme song. And it was associated with Kurt Angle ever since.

Who's Next? Well, before it was associated with one of the last stars WCW made, it was theme song for Pat Tanaka. While he was a jobber during his stint in WCW, Tanaka was one half of the AWA Champions Badd Company with Paul Diamond, who would later wear a mask and play Kato when Tanaka was one half of the Orient Express in the WWF. Theme would go to much more epic use when given to the Former Georgia Bulldog.

Now, what could possibly top this for a recycled theme?

Before the song was associated with Hulk Hogan, it was originally written for and used by the U.S. Express. They were two time WWF Tag Team Champions, and feuded with the Foreign Legion (Volkoff and Shiek) and the Dream Team (Valentine and Beefcake). Much like the Hart Foundation, they were brothers-in-law. Bray Wyatt fans should know I'm talking about Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham. When B-Dubya went south, the theme song went to the Immortal one. And it's been linked to Orange Men who walk around the ring flexing ever since. Well, except for the brief time it was associated with Stooges.

=

"KARA-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" Question Mark.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:04 PM   #2
My Final Heaven
Save_Us.sandwich

My Final Heaven is good (20,000+)My Final Heaven is good (20,000+)My Final Heaven is good (20,000+)My Final Heaven is good (20,000+)My Final Heaven is good (20,000+)My Final Heaven is good (20,000+)My Final Heaven is good (20,000+)My Final Heaven is good (20,000+)
This one always made me LOL hard:

The Kat

and Orlando Jordan XD

Seeing that - for all of her whorishness, I usually don't jump for that type, I kind of had a thing for The Kat. I heard that she married Kizarny a couple of years back and already divorced from him.
My Final Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:22 AM   #3
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Who is next in the alphabetical list of wrestlers that she will marry briefly and divorce?
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote