TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 06-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #1
Triple A

"Funny Games" - Pretty messed up movie

IMDb Plot Outline: Two psychotic young men take a mother, father, and son hostage in their vacation cabin and force them to play sadistic "games" with one another for their own amusement.

When I read the plot, I bought the DVD off eBay right away cause it sounded great. I just watched it and it was basically everything I expected it to be. It's just a really evil, messed up movie where bad triumphs over good.

It's a german movie, got into the Cannes film festival, which is hard. Probably really hard to find, but if you like messed up movies, look for it. It's entertaining shit if you enjoy watching people being fucked with and tortured.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119167/
Old 06-13-2004, 12:28 PM   #2
Confused

Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
What a great movie.

Saw it on TV about three years back and catch it whenever they show it.

Best scenes have to be the Boat scene at the end, the “escape” and the most horrible moment of the movie…the rewind scene…

No happy ending here.

In twelve hours you’ll be dead.

BTW i always thought it was a Danish movie?
Confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 12:28 PM   #3
Triple A

IMDb says it was from Austria. They speak German though, eh.
Old 06-13-2004, 12:34 PM   #4
Confused

Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Confused has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Ahhhhh…

I’ll probably pick the movie up in HMV on payday now.

The only good thing about HMV is the fact that they price the foreign movies for next to nothing.
Confused is offline   Reply With Quote