TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 10-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #81
Gonzo
feel the madness

Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Gonzo has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight View Post
To be honest, I barely listen to rap these days, but I'm not going to pretend it doesn't take talent to loop shit live (And some people can be fucking SICK), or to rhyme with a degree of precision.
Anyone who has seen a rap show worth a shit knows this too. Good point.

Not anyone can jump on the tables and scratch or produce a show. A rap show can be ridiculously good, or really bad. It all depends if the artist has the stage presence to accompany their lyrics and beats. I suppose this goes for any genre though.

Last edited by Gonzo; 10-18-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:11 AM   #82
Slow
The Rev RC 4 Lyfe

Slow is "reptacular" (2,500+)Slow is "reptacular" (2,500+)Slow is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Well I've been listening to a Primal Scream song where Jesse Jackson is looped saying

"Today on the show you will hear Gospel, Rhythm & Blues, and Jazz. All Those are just labels, we all know that music is music"

And then i thought "Fuck i hate PS3 and Xbox fanboys"
Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #83
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
Anyone who has seen a rap show worth a shit knows this too. Good point.

Not anyone can jump on the tables and scratch or produce a show. A rap show can be ridiculously good, or really bad. It all depends if the artist has the stage presence to accompany their lyrics and beats. I suppose this goes for any genre though.
He's probably never been to a rap concert. Ever. And I don't blame him on that, because I've never been to a Country and Western concert. On the other hand, I'm not stupid enough to start ranting about country myths.

Scratching isn't exactly easy. And while I'd like to claim I could freestyle, I'd probably make B-Rad from Malibu's Most Wanted look like Eminem. Making loops requires skills in composing, unless you're ripping the song verbatim (And most acts don't).

And not to mention the number of rock acts where the band actually plays secondary to the lead singer or guitarist.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote