TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 01-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Stargate: Children of the Gods, Extinction

Figured I'd just make a thread for the two of them.

The recut "Children of the Gods" is technically old news, but I hadn't heard of it until I saw a slip advertising it in the Atlantis Season 5 box. Anyone seen it? I've popped it in my Netflix queue because I'm not sure what I think about it. It advertises additional scenes, but seems to not mention it also cuts content. Chris Judge re-voices Teal'c, they added new effects, and so on, all of which seems cool (but probably not necessary), and Brad Wright removes some dialogue as part of a pissing contest with his former partner.

Probably should have led with this, but CotG is the original SG-1 "pilot," which is recut into two episodes on TV.

I was looking around for info on the planned Atlantis movie, "Extinction," since it was rumoured to be released last year, but found precious little. Aside from it still being in the works, and the return of both Sam Carter and the Wraith "Tod," there doesn't seem to be much info.

Supposedly, though, it's still coming. I know there are Stargate fans on here; anyone got better news?

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”

--John Rogers
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
El Vaquero de Infierno
Sisukas Mies

El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Vaquero de Infierno makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
First of all, I see a Winterpills album in your sig. Good job.

Anyways, weren't there rumours going about that Extinction was being binned. I think work has been started on another SG-1 dvd, though nothing concrete.

When is Universe coming back?
El Vaquero de Infierno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
The Destroyer
Baird

The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)The Destroyer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Not seen the recut Children of the Gods, not really planning to either.

SGU is back in April.

Extinction appears to be semi-stuck in development hell - it's still not gone any further than the script stage according to a post in Joseph Mallozzi's blog from a couple of days ago. Still sounds like it's further forward than the third SG-1 movie, which hasn't even been officially announced yet.
The Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote