TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 07-28-2004, 02:02 AM   #1
KayfabeMan
TPWW's Glass Ceiling

KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
'Angel' Movies May Still Happen

taken from SciFi.com:

Garth Ancier, chairman of The WB network, confirmed to SCI FI Wire that the network has approached Angel creator Joss Whedon about doing a telefilm version of the canceled television series, about a vampire with a soul. "[We] have an offer on the table to Joss to do movies," Ancier said during the network’s fall press preview in Los Angeles. "When Joss and David Boreanaz are both interested in doing it at the same time, I’m sure we will be doing Angel movies. Certainly Joss would like to. David will take a bit more coaxing, but I think he will do it."

Ancier later attributed the cancellation of the series, which ended a five-year run on The WB last May, to pressure from producer 20th Century Fox Television for a quick answer as to the show’s renewal. "They had pushed for an early decision on whether the show should come back or not," Ancier said. "Had they not pushed for the early renewal, or, conversely, if we had said, ’You know what? Let’s wait till we get to the scheduling room in May and decide then,’ ... the show may or may not have been back. But I think we would have had that opportunity to discuss it. I think the mistake that was made is that between us and 20th, we didn’t wait until May. We just made the decision early based upon their request."
*From what I understand, James Marsters, J. August Richards, Amy Acker and a few others have all stated their willingness to return to 'Angel' projects - so if they could put a deal together, and Boreanaz would agree, I think it could happen.

*I'd definitely watch an 'Angel' movie or 'Angel' movies, as I'm sure Joss Whedon, his crew, and the great cast would do an awesome job as usual.
KayfabeMan is offline   Reply With Quote