TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 07-18-2010, 11:26 AM   #161
El Tigre

El Tigre does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Unfortunately unlike some of you lot, I've never considered simply downloading upcoming episodes, so I've been watching this series on a weekly basis on the BBC network instead. However, it hasn't been all bad since it has allowed me to re-watch the previous Doctor's adventures, and it's given me insight to how much the writers of this series have revamped their infamous character:

This new Doctor began the series with a slight case of amnesia, and as such lacks the universal all encompassing knowledge that the previous Doctor had. While it can be frustrating at times (particularly when it takes the Doctor practically the entire episode to figure out a solution), it does give a fresh take on the character, and in a way allows us the audience to experience certain things alongside the Doctor rather than simply being told a story.

On the subject of interactions I also notice how this new Doctor seems to have more of a connection with humans. Even though David Tennant's Doctor did show compassion and even admiration for the human race, you could tell that their was always a distinct line between human and time lord. This is of course being said with the exception of that whole "DoctorDonna" arc, where that line obviously becomes blurred. Once again I suppose this is just the writers way of making the Doctor more relatable.

I agree with XCaliber, the voice on that transmission does sound a lot like Davros, but with regards to the fact that the individual is somehow controlling the Tardis makes me lean more towards it being the Master. I actually think I'll forgo the expedience of the internet in favor of waiting a week for the finale, as it allows for more interesting theories and discussions such as this.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #162
El Tigre

El Tigre does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Okay, I finally got around to watching the finale and really found it to be a bit Mad Hatterish. That is to say (as already commented on) it didn't make sense at some points, and even though it does somehow come together, I feel as though it was a bit rushed at the end. Like they could have done more with what they were building up to. Having a big name villain show up would have been nice, but I suppose the writers are leaving such an encounter for later in the series.

In the long run I enjoyed how it ended up and am looking forward to the next season.
El Tigre is offline   Reply With Quote