TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 12-14-2003, 12:04 PM   #1
Champion of Europa
SEX APPEAL

Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Do you have to be negative to be a wrestling authority?

I've been reading lots of wrestling websites and I've noticed that people with positive views of wrestling aren't nearly as respected as those who talk about everything wrong with the product and how who they like is not getting pushed.

Take Scott Keith for example. He's one of the most widely known wrestling recappers on the web. He gets tons of hits on his stuff, he's written books, etc.

Yet all he seems to do is criticize what he thinks they SHOULD be doing and all that.

Now to my question, do you think you have to be negative to be a well respected wrestling authority?

Champion of Europa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:09 PM   #2
Head
Shocker

Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)
Opposition and critism always sells better than agreement. People don't want to buy books simply stating how great wrestling is.
Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:37 PM   #3
Head
Shocker

Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)
You can criticize aspects of the show and still like it. You can also not enjoy the show at the moment, however hope for it to improve again.

Because you don't like a wrestler doesn't mean you don't like the WWE. And saying "I don't like Mark Henry because his matches are boring, and he has no charisma" is a valid reason not to like him.

What would be the point of a wrestling discussion forum if we could do nothing but blindly praise the WWE?
Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 02:17 PM   #4
Champion of Europa
SEX APPEAL

Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Champion of Europa puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Kane
It is very ironic how people continue to watch wrestling and yet, they do nothing but negativitily bash the product.

I continue to watch wrestling because I enjoy everything goes on.

I never watch things I hate. If I see something I hate on TV, I just switch the channell which is a very easy thing to do.

I have never been the type of wrestling fan that will go on the internet and say bullshit stuff like "HHH has backstage power and holds talent down", "Goldberg sucks on the mic and boring in the ring", "Kevin Nash is injury proned and deserves to be fired", etc. *yawn* That stuff is getting extremely old and boring.

If you got something bad to say about a wrestler, then give some insightful information and be more specific of why you hate that particular wrestler instead of saying those idiotic spammy one liners. :-/
You make my disposition sad.
Champion of Europa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 02:22 PM   #5
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
It is very ironic how people continue to watch wrestling and yet, they do nothing but negativitily bash the product.

I never watch things I hate. If I see something I hate on TV, I just switch the channell which is a very easy thing to do.

I have never been the type of wrestling fan that will go on the internet and say bullshit stuff like "HHH has backstage power and holds talent down", "Goldberg sucks on the mic and boring in the ring", "Kevin Nash is injury proned and deserves to be fired", etc. *yawn* That stuff is getting extremely old and boring.

If you got something bad to say about a wrestler, then give some insightful information and be more specific of why you hate that particular wrestler instead of saying those idiotic spammy one liners. :-/
And yet, you hate the medium, and dedicate your time to reading the posts that you hate, and then complain about them. Why do you ask why others do it? just ask yourself why you are compelled to go to such negative places just to bitch about negativiity in a negative fashion.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:58 AM   #6
Corkscrewed

Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Corkscrewed has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
Quote:

I love how you group everyone into that little category. Perhaps we should bow to you, since you are obviously better than us crappy smarks who bitch at everything.

Now, true, those who complain about EVERYTHING are annoying. But *NEWSFLASH* not everyone is like that!

If you don't want to read so much negativity, don't come here!
Corkscrewed is offline   Reply With Quote