TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 08-11-2016, 10:59 PM   #201
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ryback in NJPW is best for his career I believe but I wouldn't be opposed to a TNA run.

I bet Darren Young eventually falls for Bob Backlund and that's the first gay storyline .

NXT Brooklyn card is stacked, should be a stellar show.

Aron Rex had a interesting debut on Impact, I'm curious to see where it goes.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:04 PM   #202
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I've been kind of suspicious of Cody Rhodes joining Matt Taven in ROH in a new Kingdom stable and that news only adds to the suspicion.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:28 PM   #203
Black Widow

Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Black Widow has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
The "you're not in the business so you can't comment" thing wrestlers always spew out is hilarious. It's like saying you're not allowed to dislike a movie because you're not a director, or you're not allowed to dislike a band because you're not a guitar player.
Black Widow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:10 PM   #204
Maluco
Reigning Tipsters Champ!

Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Widow View Post
The "you're not in the business so you can't comment" thing wrestlers always spew out is hilarious. It's like saying you're not allowed to dislike a movie because you're not a director, or you're not allowed to dislike a band because you're not a guitar player.
This, the "they know better" defence is tired and arrogant. Such an arrogant and disappointing response from him. For me, it just shows how much they value fan opinion. They are people to be manipulated, not listened to.

I couldn't care less what he says about 50/50 booking, it is boring to watch and doesn't create any stars. He should be "feeling" that, even if he doesn't count wins and losses.

Noone is saying guys can't lose, but there should be a certain hierarchy on both brands.

One example I would give is ironically involving HHH himself. If I watched Smackdown and the WWE Champion, Dean Ambrose, got pinned by anyone on that roster, I wouldn't even flinch.

Take, however, when HHH lost to Shelton Benjamin, or when The Rock lost to The Hurricane. Those were massive memorable moments. Big stars, who hardly ever lost on TV, losing in big upsets. Those moments live on in my memory because they were so shocking and exciting.

There are no big stars nowadays, everyone loses on TV all the time, and while The Game would surely argue that the talent needs to "step up", many are just as talented performers as he was, but they have no direction and have certainly not been gifted the momentum that he was.

I wasn't even going to comment, but just couldn't resist after "how's your territory doing?", when the position he is in was gifted to him and it's quite obvious that Wrestlemania and the WWE as a whole thrives off its legacy and tradition, rather than the stars, or lack thereof, that they have now.

I don't usually get annoyed about things like that, or leave myself open to the usual "you don't know better than Vince!!1!!" response, but actually felt anger reading that from him.

I certainly don't know better, but that doesn't mean that he knows what he is doing either, despite being the performer he was.
Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:35 PM   #205
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
I bet Darren Young eventually falls for Bob Backlund and that's the first gay storyline.
I had a dream where the first LGBT storyline involved Nia Jax being transgender.

Though, that's probably because I read the news about LGBT storyline and then listened to Nia's theme before going to bed and my brain just put them together and made it into a dream.

Also, a few days ago I saw her T-Shirt for men on WWEShop.com, so that could have possibly contributed to the dream.

But that's not really the sensitive approach the LGBT community would like, so I really doubt that would happen.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #206
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And I'm sure that whatever WWE does do, it will no doubt be the sensitive approach.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:32 PM   #207
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I kind of feel like Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa should lose and end up on the SmackDown roster before long. They would be great working with American Alpha. I know that it might be seem more intuitive to put them on RAW with the cruiserweights, but there's already a stacked scene there and I imagine that there will be a few new faces over there to job to the Red Arrow.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:34 PM   #208
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I totally see them bringing back Mickie James to lesbian-stalk Becky Lynch.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #209
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Wrestling gif:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411Mania
Big Show spoke with 790 The Ticket in Miami and doubled down on comments that he’s winding up his career soon. Show said that this year will be his last with WWE.

The WWE star noted that he feels better now at forty-four than he did at thirty-four and wants to be in the best shape he can for his match with Shaquille O’Neal at WrestleMania 33.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
An interesting business note regarding WWE and ESPN is that ESPN just purchased 33 percent of BAMTech for $1 billion. BAMTech is MLBAM, the group that streams the WWE network.
Quote:
WWE alum Stu “Wade Barrett” Bennett spoke with WrestleZone Daily for a new interview.

On if King of the Ring still has a place in the current company:

“The title of King of the Ring can be prestigious but if it’s followed up by non-existent writing then it’s pointless. Which I think was the issue in regards to me. The tournament itself is fine, there were some good matches and we got a bit of hype behind it and then it was followed up with three months of two grown men fighting over a toilet plunger. Which, you know, you follow something up with writing like that and it’s not going to lead to anything good. The title of King of the Ring is fine on it’s own but you have to follow it up with good writing.”

On his own King of the Ring win:

“It was thrown together very last minute. I think we did the quarter finals the week before and then we came back the next week and did the actual semi-finals and the finals on a one hour special on the WWE Network. Probably about forty minutes before the show went live we didn’t even know who was winning the tournament. We knew that it was going to be me and Neville in the finals. It all honesty, a complete lack of thought had gone into it. I was given Booker T’s old outfit from ten years earlier. Obviously it didn’t look great. There was no follow up to it with a storyline or anything like that. If it was meant as an attempt to push me or get me over I think there really wasn’t any effort put in from the word, ‘Go.'”
Quote:
One person with WWE noted to us to please tell independent talent to either stay off social media or watch what they post. It was noted WWE is very actively scouting indies right now and looking for people who are good but not with the WWE look as the mentality is completely different from two years ago about what type of people they are interested in. It was noted that there have been people recently were shot down based on content of recent tweets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 8/11 edition of Impact Wrestling garnered 315,000 viewers. That was down slightly from last week's 317,000 viewers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
We have heard that WWE started making contract offers to a few Cruiserweight Classic talents two weeks ago. Some talents will be offered full-fledged deals while others will be offered NXT/developmental type deals. Others may be brought in a per-date basis as the company. The most notable name on a per-date basis thus far appears to be Kota Ibushi, who we have heard will be in for Summerslam weekend. One would assume that means he is working the NXT Takeover show, although that has yet to be announced.
Quote:
PWInsider.com is reporting that the WWE SummerSlam Concert that was due to be held next Thursday at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York has officially been canceled.

According to the website, an email was sent out to those who purchased tickets for the concert, which was to be headlined by Flo Rida, announcing that the show had been canceled. The event is also listed as being canceled on the official Ticketmaster website.

As of the initial reports, the exact reason for the cancellation remains unclear; however, there is word from multiple sources that ticket sales were not going as well as expected. Besides Flo Rida, there were also due to be performances from other acts including Daya, Jordan Hollywood, and Jason Derulo.

The concert was organized to be a fundraiser for WWE's "Connor's Cure" charity, and WWE had been partnering with local radio station Z100 for the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Ricochet has been announced for the 9/10 EVOLVE return to Queens, NY at La Boom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE
“Now fans can get an inside look at the impact these and the other ladies making an impact in WWE 24: Women’s Revolution, airing immediately follow Talking Smack Tuesday, Aug. 16, at 10:30ET on WWE Network. From female talent of the past to NXT and beyond, the episode of this documentary-style series will be a celebration of how far women’s wrestling has come.“
Quote:
Dean Ambrose is actually by a minor number slightly bigger house show draw than Roman Reigns. It's like for all the complaints about John Cena getting booed, he always did sell more tickets than anybody else and he always did move move merchandise than anybody else. So you can ignore the boos and all that. With Reigns he doesn't sell more merch than anybody else especially on the level of his push he doesn't sell more tickets than anybody else, especially on the level of his push ...

It’s apparent from this study that Reigns has not caught on as intended. The company invested a great of TV time trying to establish him as a new top babyface over the last two years, and has gotten little return on that investment. While Cena was booed somewhat as well during his rise to stardom, this is different. Whatever reaction Cena got on any given night, he made a positive difference to business, as evidenced in this article. You might argue Reigns is a face to some fans and a great heel to those fans who boo him, but he’s not drawing any better than Ambrose, who is a guy who often couldn’t muster wins on pay-per-views since the Shield was disbanded, while Reigns was frequently in the title picture at the same time.
Link with more details that was referenced from the recent Observer Radio show: http://fightful.com/exclusive-analys...nce-comparison

Quote:
There is a situation to watch currently in India. TNA’s biggest international deals are Sony Six in India and Challenge in the U.K., and they are both considered the keys to survival. The Sony Six new deal requires a tour once a year and after last year’s tour was canceled at the agreement of both sides, there has been nothing said about one this year. In India, there is a situation where Sony Six would take over the Ten Network in India in a $500 million deal. Talks have reached advanced stages. TNA is on Sony Six and WWE is on Ten. The key to the deal is certain Ten contracts would move to Sony Six, including the UEFA Champions League, international cricket and the WWE. What we’re told is that if the deal goes through, there will be a call taken on how things will be done. It is possible, even though local media stories indicate it differently, that Sony Six and Ten will remain separate channels, in which case it wouldn’t affect wrestling on TV there. But if they merge into one channel, and it already being reported that WWE would move to Sony Six, it is believed only one wrestling company will remain on television in India, although none of those decisions have been made
Some more details regarding WWE trying to push TNA out of the India market and the ramifications for TNA if it happens.

Quote:
This week’s social media backlash is from fans in Anaheim because Big E and Balor were both advertised and never appeared before the audience. Fans accepted the Big E thing figuring he was off selling the injury and Balor wasn’t there. But then both posted photos of themselves on social media taking photos backstage at the show with Sean Combs
Quote:
So here is the G-1 update. Hirooki Goto is in the finals due to his beating Naomichi Marufuji and finishing with a 6-3 record. Kazuchika Okada and Hiroshi Tanahashi had a 30:00 draw in the main event, leaving both tied for second place with 5-3-1 records. Bad Luck Fale had been eliminated losing to Tama Tonga.

So here is how things look for tomorrow's show:

*If Tetsuya Naito either wins or goes to a 30:00 draw with Kenny Omega, he faces Goto in the finals.

*If Michael Elgin and Kenny Omega both win, Elgin faces Goto in the finals. Doubt that's happening.

*If Katsuyori Shibata and Kenny Omega both win, Shibata goes to the finals against high school best friend Goto

*If Elgin, Shibata and Omega all win, then Elgin goes to the finals.

*The winner of Sunday's match will be in position to challenge for the IWGP title at the Tokyo Dome on 1/4.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • According to the NBA schedule released for next season, WWE RAW will be competing against NBA games on Mondays starting this January.
  • According to the Observer, Del Rio's future in the WWE will be decided next month since that is when his opt out clause can be used for his current contract.
  • According to PWI, WWE is currently trying to get the huge class-action lawsuit against them by 50 wrestlers to be moved to a more pro-WWE court location.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:44 PM   #210
Mr. Nerfect

So we're looking at Goto vs. Elgin, Naito or Shibata. I can see Shibata winning his first match so that the idea of Goto/Shibata is teased, but then either Naito or Elgin takes it away from him. I can imagine Shibata winning with Naito taking it away from him and going on to face Goto.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:41 AM   #211
Blitz
Angel Headed Hipster

Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Alright I gotta go to bed. Plz bring this thread to at least 2 pages by morning so it looks like something's happening in it cheers xx
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:58 AM   #212
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
So we're looking at Goto vs. Elgin, Naito or Shibata. I can see Shibata winning his first match so that the idea of Goto/Shibata is teased, but then either Naito or Elgin takes it away from him. I can imagine Shibata winning with Naito taking it away from him and going on to face Goto.
Yeah I definitely see Naito taking it.

Surprised Goto id even in the finals.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 07:14 AM   #213
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I kind of feel like Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa should lose and end up on the SmackDown roster before long. They would be great working with American Alpha. I know that it might be seem more intuitive to put them on RAW with the cruiserweights, but there's already a stacked scene there and I imagine that there will be a few new faces over there to job to the Red Arrow.
Seeing SD's tag division in all its glory on this weeks episode, this would make sense.
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #214
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Hell I'd trade the whole Smackdown tag division for NXTs.

Vaudevillians for The Revival

Ascension for Authors of Pain

Hype Bros for Ciampa and Gargano

Would keep Breezeango, American Alpha, and The Usos.

Really never watched NXT Tag Team wrestling but since they have moved all the dumb teams up to the main roster the NXT Tag division is looking pretty good.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:40 PM   #215
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Vaudevillians and Ascension are NXT gimmicks that never got expanded on once they got called up. They didn't tweak it enough or add anything to it that would make them stand out to a larger audience. Some gimmicks can transfer with out any tweaks but those two aren't that type of gimmick.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:00 PM   #216
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:

Really never watched NXT Tag Team wrestling but since they have moved all the dumb teams up to the main roster the NXT Tag division is looking pretty good.
Ever since the Ascension left, NXT has done a really good job at building the tag division.

Not really the Ascension's fault though since the bulk of their time there was just random squash matches or feuds that went no where.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #217
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:

I'm not against this at all. The Revival attacking American Alpha after they are presented with the new Tag Team Championship they earn by beating The Usos would be sweeeet.

I'm fine with The Authors of Pain staying down in NXT for a while. Truth be told, moving the belts onto Gargano & Ciampa and then having The Revival crash SmackDown would make total sense. Gargano & Ciampa can then drop the belts to The Authors who eventually drop them to TM61. Or they beat TM61 and become the new Ascension in NXT while TM61 jump to the main roster -- maybe RAW -- and beat the piss out of Enzo & Cass.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:49 PM   #218
Mr. Nerfect

Love Breezango, but I hate their name and entrance. They need to strike that right note of "proper tag team" and they could be very valuable additions. They need to look at John Morrison & The Miz as inspiration. Let them achieve more.
Old 08-13-2016, 10:50 PM   #219
Mr. Nerfect

I actually see Samoa Joe, Bayley and The Revival all helping to make SmackDown pretty sweet over the next few months.
Old 08-14-2016, 01:02 AM   #220
Mr. Nerfect

G1 Spoiler:

SPOILER: show
Well, it looks like Omega or Goto will be taking the Climax. Whoops.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #221
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The BOSS:

Quote:
WWE should be very happy the Olympics are ending this week.

Raw was up very slightly, from 2.90 million viewers last week to 2.91 million viewers this week going against the Olympics. They would be the two lowest non-holiday numbers since 1997 ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.88 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.08 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.78 million viewers
Quote:
As was announced on Raw last night, Jon Stewart will make his second consecutive appearance at SummerSlam as an invited guest of Mick Foley this year. The former Daily Show host played a significant role in last year’s show when he interfered in the Seth Rollins vs. John Cena title for title match. Stewart helped Rollins win, with the storyline reason being that he wanted to stop Cena from breaking Ric Flair’s World Championship record.
Quote:
The death of professional wrestler Jon Rechner, popularly known by his ring name Balls Mahoney, has been ruled natural, Monmouth County law enforcement officials said.

Rechner, a native of the borough, suffered a sudden death on April 12 at his 601 Central Ave. home due to hypertensive and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, said Charles Webster, spokesperson for the Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office.

"In other words, he had a heart attack," Webster said.
Quote:
Global Force Wrestling will partner with Franklin American Mortgage to help sponsor the Music City Bowl. GFW is the first wrestling promotion to partner with a bowl game. There will be a private event for players and coaches to meet the Jarrett’s, Scott Hall and more.
Quote:
Conor McGregor was on the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani ...

Regarding WWE stars, McGregor said they're an emotional bunch of guys who are scared of a real man. He felt like he spoke the truth, they're all dweebs, there are a few OGs there, but the majority are dweebs, and said you know the WWE wrestlers are all tuning in Saturday and he's giggling his way to the bank. Actually a lot of WWE people may be watching something else on Saturday night.
Quote:
Since this has been kind of overplayed in the rumor mill department, Bill Goldberg was always expected to be at the 2K Sports media party on Friday night in New York once the deal was made for him to be a key figure in marketing the video game. He's not coming to New York for WWE, but for 2K. Now, given WWE's affiliation with the media party, it is very possible there could be some talk with people in WWE, but his coming isn't anything more than one of a number of media appearances agreed to in his video game deal.
Quote:
Dave Meltzer has confirmed that Shawn Michaels recently began teaching a class at the Performance Center, taking over for Terry Taylor who is out after having neck surgery. The length of Michaels’ stay hasn’t been confirmed, but he moved his family from Texas to Florida for the role within the company.

Michaels has previously been involved in training wrestlers, operating the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy that notably produced Daniel Bryan and Brian Kendrick.
Quote:
Following CMLL announcing last week that they had entered into an official working relationship and talent exchange with Ring of Honor, their American partner confirmed the news on Monday afternoon.

ROH's announcement touted the relationship with CMLL as a global effort in collaboration with New Japan Pro Wrestling. The promotions had been natural partners due to their strong ties with NJPW but hadn't been officially aligned until recently.

The crossover between the promotions began last month when CMLL's Stuka Jr. appeared at ROH's TV tapings in Philadelphia. CMLL's Dragon Lee will also make his ROH debut at the promotion's All Star Extravaganza VIII pay-per-view later this year, and ROH's Matt Taven will make his way to Mexico for CMLL on September 9th.
Quote:
TNA is introducing a new belt, called the Grand Championship, with essentially MMA rules, with rounds, a point system and judges. So they are doing both the Matt Hardy angle and MMA scoring on the same television show.
Quote:
There was a disaster of a Fan Fest in Dudley, GA. The sheriff told talent that a warrant for promoter Greg Greene's arrest would be made if any of his checks bounced. Reportedly Nikita Koloff and Ted DiBiase then left. Del Wilkes was paid in cash. Ricky Steamboat reported was called by Tully Blanchard ahead of time. The wrestling show itself drew 130 fans. Ben Masters, who has been around wrestling for more than 30 years posted that guys weren't getting paid as the money guy said there was no money after he had told people he had a $10,000 advance. He noted none of the fault was the wrestlers nor fans. He said almost nobody was paid and the money from the house show was split with the guys who worked the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE have registered two trademark applications (performance and clothing) for Gran Metalik, who is currently competing in the WWE Cruiserweigh Classic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TMZ.com is reporting that 23 year old Edward Ferrero, the fan who jumped in the ring during the Seth Rollins promo during Raw last night, was arrested for assault and criminal trespass.

When Ferrero made contact with security, he bit one of the guards on their forearm but thankfully, the guard did not need medical attention.
Had he waited a moment later, would have been able to attack Rollins during Balor's entrance since the lights were off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
PWInsider Elite has an update with some more details on Kota Ibushi and his status with WWE. According to the report, Ibushi is not signing with with the WWE at the moment. However, officials reportedly still want to keep him around in nXT.

As previously reported, Ibushi is expected to work Summerslam weekend. This means he will likely make an appearance at NXT TakeOver: Back to Brooklyn. The report adds that Ibushi could be brought in periodically to be spotlighted as a way for WWE to display that they want to showcase and sign Ibushi to NXT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It’s been reported that WWE originally had plans to include the Muppets in this weekend’s Summerslam event LIVE on the WWE Network, however those plans have since been cancelled.
Quote:
Having a mental breakdown when forced to retire:
"I had to go out to Florida (to shoot Total Divas) and we're in John Cena's house for four weeks or whatever and there's cameras just on you all the time. I just had this horrible mental breakdown."

Retreating to nature to help cope with his extreme sadness:

"That's what I needed. I needed to get away from all of that and just get out to be by some trees. It's hard for me. I don't do really well in cities, which is crazy given that we're flying in and out of these major cities every week. Brie (Bella, his wife) describes it as anxiety. And she would be accurate. I get this anxiety in cities and places like that. When you grow up in kind of a small town and when you grow up around a lot of green and trees and nature and that sort of thing, sometimes I think it's a little mentally disconcerting to be around this concrete."
Part of a longer interview Bryan had with The Recorder about his post-wrestling career struggles: http://www.recorder.ca/2016/08/15/br...ling-runs-deep

Old 08-16-2016, 10:35 PM   #222
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Actually went the the Music City Bowl last year when Louisville played and beat Texas A&M. Expect them to be better this year so I don't think I'll be going back.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:31 PM   #223
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Perfect 10:

Quote:
Last night's SmackDown Live on the USA Network did 2,471,000 viewers for the two hour broadcast, virtually identical to last week's 2,455,000.
Still hovering around 300k more than it was doing in taped era for USA Network.

Quote:
Triple H confirmed that Shawn Michaels has recently been present at the WWE Performance Center, on this afternoon’s conference call with the professional wrestling media, but nothing has been decided about his long term future there.
Quote:
WWE announced Wednesday that Alberto Del Rio has been suspended for 30 days due to a wellness policy violation, effective Thursday ...

The suspension is standard for a first-time violation, but what caused the violation it is not currently known. It is also not known when WWE was informed of the failure, but Del Rio worked on SmackDown last night in a losing effort against John Cena in the show's main event.

Del Rio returned to the company in 2015 after spending a year outside of the promotion. He was released in 2014 for "unprofessional conduct" after getting into a backstage altercation with a company employee who allegedly made a racist joke.

Del Rio was drafted to Smackdown during the WWE Draft. At this time, it isn't clear if the violation will have any affect on his immediate future.
Could lead to him triggering his opt out clause depending on what happens within the next 30 days. Paige being suspended on the same day also coincided with it being her birthday.

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Matches advertised locally for a WWE house show in Springfield, Missouri on September 17 include Dean Ambrose, advertised as WWE Champion, defending against AJ Styles. Other match advertised is Randy Orton against Bray Wyatt.

Spoiler tag used since its teasing important post-Summerslam feuds for Smackdown.

Quote:
Here is an interview with Will Ospreay. He covers the Match with Vader (he’s not happy at all ), his plans to rest next year by only doing 6-man tag bookings in the UK and creating his own Trios Belt. Plus he explains his “no” to the EVOLVE contract Paul Heyman offered.
Haven't listened to it yet but the rumor going around the net involves Vader being a hassle to work with and refusing to agree to several plans the promotion considered for the match. Link to the interview: https://www.spreaker.com/user/myster...spreay-q-and-a

Quote:
On Wednesday afternoon’s media conference call ahead of NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II, Triple H further explained last week’s comments defending WWE’s booking.

Triple H was asked in that interview about 50/50 booking, but used WWE's success as a defense of their booking philosophies.

Much of what Triple H said then seemed to contradict the way he books NXT, but on Wednesday's conference call he noted the differences in booking NXT and main roster television given the different length of the shows.

“When you compare a one-hour show to a three-hour show from a writing and a booking standpoint it’s not even in the same stratosphere. It’s a totally different animal. “ Triple H said.

He reiterated that booking is a feel, and said he listens to both what the audience wants and what he wants to see as a fan when booking NXT.

“None of it is right and wrong, it’s chocolate, it’s vanilla, it’s all these different things that they’re different flavors, and at the end of the day the long-term success of your business and your company, and you can say what you want about it, but there’s a pretty good track record for a lot of it.” Triple H said.

Triple H said he books NXT the way he wants to book it, while the main roster programming is sometimes done differently and other times it isn't.
Quote:
As has become custom before every NXT TakeOver special, Triple H talked to the professional wrestling media on a conference call on Wednesday afternoon ...

Triple H was more than happy to talk about the Cruiserweight Classic and Raw's upcoming cruiserweight division.

Triple H said the project is something that he’s wanted to do for years ...

The first question of the call asked Triple H about the process of creating Raw's cruiserweight division ...

“We’re signing a lot of cruiserweights right now and I’m, you know, basically I’m creating a division. So, I’m going around and signing guys and I’m also keeping an eye towards the future as well, I don’t need to have every single cruiserweight right now, I just need to have a decent amount. And they will be working NXT, they will be working NXT live events, and they’ll also be working Raw as cruiserweights. The opportunity is there to do both.” Triple H said.

Kota Ibushi has been one of the cruiserweights that has earned significant praise in the CWC, and our Dave Meltzer asked about his contract status on the call.

Ibushi had insisted that he was interested in working for the WWE while continuing his work elsewhere as a freelancer, but while saying they're open to different things, Triple H seemed to reject that idea ...

Later in the call, Triple H was asked whether we would see a cruiserweight champion crowned on the CWC final but said we’d have to wait and see. He concluded the call by praising many of the competitors in the tournament, noting that they’ve created something special. He said that they’re still deciding what the next opportunity is.
Link from the Observer with more highlights and downloadable file from the call: http://www.f4wonline.com/figure-four...wc-more-218841

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The updated lineup for the WWE NXT: Takeover Brooklyn II event this Saturday will feature:

*WWE NXT champion Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.

*WWE NXT Women's champion Asuka vs. Bayley.

*WWE NXT Tag Team champions The Revival vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa.

*No Way Jose vs. Austin Aries.

*Bobby Roode vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas.

*The debut of Ember Moon vs. Billie Kaye.

NXT will be taping matches for their 8/24 episode as well before the Takeover broadcast,
Quote:
F4WOnline‘s Dave Meltzer spoke about why certain wrestlers didn’t return to WWE in the latest Wrestling Observer Radio, as well as the Newsletter. WWE contacted several former names but only Jinder Mahal, Rhyno and Curt Hawkins came back. Shelton Benjamin was set to return as well, but he was forced to have surgery on a torn rotator cuff.

Meltzer said that talks with MVP are “now dead” and he didn’t think WWE really wanted MVP back that badly.

He mentioned that a lot of the talent contacted are not returning because they’re doing better in the independent scene. He brought up Ryback charging $4,500 for appearances as an example. He said he found out what a “pretty significantly pushed person” was making in WWE at the moment and said there are wrestlers in TNA (who are getting their money, he noted), making more than that person while working fewer dates.

Tommy Dreamer turned down an offer because the WWE deal was not better than what he was already making. He would have been making less per date and spending more time and money on the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Goldust announced that he and his daughter Dakota will be launching a Youtube series soon:

When tweeting @DakotaRunnels22 and I about our Dak And Dust @YouTube show, please use #DakAndDust !!! Subscribe https://t.co/L2MLo01CK5 ty.
— Dustin Rhodes (@Goldust) August 17, 2016

• Rolling Stones had a recent interview with Chad Gable about his past Olympic career and current wrestling career. http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/c...-alpha-w434700
  • Sasha Banks was this week's guest for ESPN's wrestling segment.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Cena is 1-7 in his last 7 SummerSlam matches with the only win being the Team WWE vs Team Nexus match in 2010. Last time he won a single match was in 2007 against Orton for the WWE title.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, this year's US title match at Summerslam will be the first ppv title match not involving the WWE belt for Reigns since the start of his singles run. Also the first ppv since October 2015 Reigns was not the headliner nor involved in the main event.
  • Pro Wrestling Sheet is speculating the WWE is starting to purposely hold back announcing Wellness Policy suspensions until it fits into their schedule. The recent suspensions of Del Rio, Paige, and Reigns being cases where none required the WWE to rework plans. https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/766039774444392449
  • Sports Illustrated had a recent interview with Kenny Omega about his G1 tournament victory: http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016...imax-interview
Old 08-17-2016, 10:39 PM   #224
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Let's hope the Cena trend at Summerslam continues.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:37 PM   #225
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Paige's vacation to her empire of houses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagesideseats
WWE Champion Dean Ambrose picked up some backstage heat from his recent "Stone Cold Podcast" with Steve Austin on the WWE Network, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

The heat didn't come from any of Ambrose's answers, avoiding questions or for any of the awkward moments during the interview, but because he was being negative on creative and being negative on creative means being negative on Triple H and Vince McMahon.

Officials also were not happy about Ambrose publicly talking about how Brock Lesnar didn't want to do anything for their match at WrestleMania 32.
Quote:
Eva Marie was suspended by WWE for violating the company’s Wellness Policy. WWE has confirmed the story but did not release the specifics of the violation. No word on which woman will replace her in the 6 woman tag team match.
Quote:
Nikki Bella was cleared today to return to the ring, although not in a full-time capacity, after her neck surgery, according to Pro Wrestling Sheet.
Quote:
Ad Age did a story on SummerSlam sponsorships which include Cricket Wireless, KFC, Jolly Rancher, DiGiiorno and Mountain Dew. The story claimed a lot of stats, one of which was that WWE broadcasts to nearly 13 million U.S. wrestling fans a week. I don't know where 2.9 (Raw viewership) + 2.5 (Smackdown viewership) and perhaps another 1.1 (Network subscribers), most of who are the same, ads up to 13.
Link to the story: http://www.adweek.com/news/advertisi...bonanza-173024

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
PWInsider.com has confirmed with several sources that WWE released Radomir Petkovic, 29, who performed in NXT as King Konstantine, today. He had been signed since April 2015 and was a former amateur wrestler from Serbia who had won a number of medals in The European championship and The Mediterranean Games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Renee Young noted on social media she's getting her ankle evaluated as she may have sprained or broken it.
Quote:
And regarding the double standard, Lesnar’s line on the 8/15 Raw when confronting Slater and saying, “I don’t give a shit about your kids,” which was bleeped out wasn’t scripted. If it was Joey Styles who said it, or anyone underneath (Brad Maddox was fired for less for using the word prick in a dark match), they’d be gone yesterday.

As of press time, Lesnar appeared to be in no trouble nor has anything been said about it. Lesnar’s contract is unique as there are provisions regarding what he can and can’t be disciplined for, plus there is always the double standard for what a Cena or a Lesnar can get away with compared to everyone else
Even Orton got away with going off script from his interview on the last RAW. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...hat_interview/

Quote:
There is talk of doing a WWE Network Takeover special when they tour Australia/New Zealand in 2017
Quote:
What’s notable is that on this NXT show, there is not one wrestler on the show who actually got their start in NXT. A few, Scott Dawson, Dash Wilder and No Way Jose, were all Carolinas independent guys for several years who came into NXT with no national name, and the same goes for Bayley, who started on California indies years before coming to NXT, but came in without a name. Ember Moon didn’t have a huge name on the indie scene but also had years of experience and was well known by woman wrestling fans before she ever signed. The rest of the wrestlers were genuine stars on the indie scene, the international scene or with major promotions. Next year, when WWE tells investors how NXT turned out eight new wrestlers, or whatever the number will be, and it’s due to NXT, when those people are Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode or Shinsuke Nakamura, it’s kind of a funny thing
Quote:
Bill Goldberg appeared at Gamescom 2016 in Cologne, Germany and had some interesting things to say about a possible WWE return and Brock Lesnar. Here are a couple of highlights:

Goldberg said that he should be on the cover because he “killed the guy (Brock Lesnar) that’s on the cover.”

When fans started changing, “please come back,” Goldberg said that he’ll see what he can do.

Goldberg mentioned that he’s headed to New York City, and that’s all he can say about that. He said that you can never say never, and even at his age he has no issue putting his gear on and “ripping people’s faces off again.”

Goldberg was asked point blank when he’ll be back in WWE. Goldberg said that he honestly has no idea and doesn’t know if it will ever happen.

When asked about Brock Lesnar, Goldberg said that Brock knows how he feels about him. He said that they’ve been in the ring and while they didn’t have the best match, Brock knows his power. He said that’s what is missing is someone giving Brock the fight like he gives to everyone else. Goldberg says that Brock knows what would happen, he knows where he lives, and the same thing will happen to Brock that happened at WrestleMania XX.
Link to the event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6EIcrKBoU

Quote:
During a Matt Hardy in character interview on Chris Jericho’s podcast, he said he got a lot of his ideas from “Game of Thrones,” saying Jeff Hardy being called an “Obsolete Mule” is based on Theon, who was renamed “Reek” upon becoming a tortured slave and his talking about the “7 Golds” is also from that show
Quote:
Right now there is a good chance, but not a definite, that Alberto Del Rio will be leaving when he’s legally able. He is believed to have significant offers from Combate Americas and from TNA on the table, but there’s no word on anything from Lucha Underground (and he wouldn’t be able to do TNA and Lucha Underground as far as television goes) or AAA (which he could do with TNA, or at least could have before). He could make good money and have more control of his schedule, and would be pushed as a main guy outside of WWE, but he’s not going to be able to make anywhere close to what his current WWE deal was on the outside.
Update to recent Del Rio status news.

Quote:
Regarding Joey Styles, it absolutely was his interview that got him fired. The reaction was that he made it clear he didn’t care what the higher ups thought, and that’s not exactly encouraged there. There was an implied message sent to everyone by the move about what not to say in a public forum, that he “flaunted” using terms that aren’t supposed to be used, that he had talked about it being nonsense that certain wrestlers don’t get pushed because of their size, that he knocked talent for doing too many dives (the office probably wouldn’t care but WWE wrestlers don’t like to be told that from non-wrestlers), has said the web staff is underappreciated by management, knocked the name of the Universal title as well as the Reigns comments (which to me were very political and nice about everything) but just giving credence to the idea the Reigns push is a discussion subject I guess isn’t viewed well.
Update to recent Joey Styles firing news.

Quote:
WWE has attempted to trademark various terms this past week, one of which was Colin Cassady, which is a surprise since they never call Big Cass by that name anymore. WWE also attempted to trademark “Lady Balls,” which is the idea of building a merchandise brand around Stephanie McMahon, but they were turned down with the idea that you simply can’t trademark “Lady.

• Recent updates to the Hogan-Gawker lawsuit includes Gawker being sold to Univision and Gawker itself shutting down while the rest of its associated sites will remain online.
  • CBS Sports had a recent interview with Enzo and Big Cass: http://www.cbssports.com/general/new...test-tag-team/
  • James Storm recently teased he's coming back to NXT after his current TNA contract expired and not wanting to extend it due to backstage issues there.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:49 PM   #226
Mr. Nerfect

I imagine we'll see a Bobby Roode vs. James Storm feud before long.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:50 PM   #227
Mr. Nerfect

I could see ADR working for ROH/CMLL/New Japan in a sort of rotation thing.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #228
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Art of British butt kicking :

Quote:
As of this afternoon, Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton is set to go on last at SummerSlam. That could change, but it's not expected to change.
Quote:
After Sami Zayn and Neville vs. The Dudley Boyz was added to the SummerSlam kickoff show on Friday afternoon, another match was later set featuring SmackDown’s tag division.

American Alpha, The Hype Bros, and The Usos will team to take on Breezango, The Ascension, and The Vaudevillains ...

The updated card for SummerSlam is:
  • Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton
  • Finn Balor vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
  • WWE Champion Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler in a championship match
  • John Cena vs. AJ Styles
  • WWE Women's Champion Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte in a championship match
  • United States Champion Rusev vs. Roman Reigns in a championship match
  • Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Apollo Crews in a championship match
  • WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day (Xavier Woods & Kofi Kingston) vs. The Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) in a championship match
  • Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens
  • Cesaro vs. Sheamus in the first match of a best-of-seven series
  • Becky Lynch, Naomi, & Carmella vs. Natalya & Alexa Bliss
  • Sami Zayn & Neville vs. The Dudley Boyz on the SummerSlam kickoff show
  • American Alpha, The Hype Bros, & The Usos vs. Breezango, The Ascension, & The Vaudevillains
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
TMZ is reporting that the reason that Eva Marie was suspended for a failed WWE Wellness Test was due to the drug Adderall.

Eva stated that she has a perscription for the drug but didn't get the proper paperwork to WWE, leading to her suspension.
Quote:
New Japan World is airing both tonight's CMLL show and tonight's ROH show live, but only if you are listed as subscribing from Japan. It's blocked in the rest of the world. It's good because the CMLL talent always works harder knowing the bigwigs in Japan and Japanese fans are watching.
Quote:
Both UFC and WWE should be in the hunt for Helen Maroulis. This is only one in history first time American woman gold medalist in the sport, and she's got the right size and look for either professions and is clearly a superior athlete. The women's strawweight division in UFC does not have a ton of depth, although the top two are very good fighters. She'd be a publicity gold mine for WWE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 8/18 edition of Impact Wrestling did 355,000 viewers, up from last week's 315,000 viewers.
Quote:
During a recent interview with SoleCollector.com, Enzo explained why he doesn’t wear wrestling boots.

It’s actually a funny story. I used to wear wrestling boots when I first got signed to the WWE. It was mandatory that each and every single superstar under contract buy and wear boots, or wear amateur wrestling shoes, which are thin cut. It wasn’t a stipulation in our contract or anything, but when you showed up to wrestling school, the head coach would say “Hey do you got your wrestling boots?” So I had to go out and buy wrestling boots, which I had never worn before in my life. I did not feel comfortable in them.

What ended up happening was I had a freak incident where I broke my leg in training in the performance center while wearing wrestling boots. It wasn’t so much “Oh, he was wearing wrestling boots,” but in my mind I was like “It’s the wrestling boot.”

If you ever looked at the spectrum of people in the company wearing sneakers for a long period of time, it’s only John Cena. When I broke my leg I came to our head coach with a doctor’s note that said “Enzo needs to be wearing sneakers when he wrestles because he broke his leg and that’s what he feels comfortable in.” Breaking my leg was the be-all, end-all of wrestling boots [for me], and I turned it into an opportunity to capitalize on a market that I am infatuated with. When I came back, the first pair of shoes I wore when I got in the ring was the Ferrari 14 Jordans.
Quote:
Lucha Undeground put a ton of its matches from this past season on YouTube. The most watched, by far, with 706,000 viewers as of the weekend was the Mil Muertes vs. Ivelisse match. However, no other intergender match or straight women’s match did anything special at all. The Aztec Warfare match only did 41,000 and Gift of the Gods seven way did 60,000. The Rey Mysterio Jr. & Prince Puma & Dragon Azteca Jr. vs. Johnny Mundo & Jack Evans & PJ Jack match did 33,000 viewers. The matches that topped 100,000 viewers were Puma & Pentagon Jr. vs. Disciples of Death (215,000), Puma vs. Pentagon Jr. (195,000), Fenix vs. King Cuerno ladder match (143,000), Matanza Cueto vs. Mil Muertes battle of monsters (137,000) and Puma vs. Rey Mysterio Jr. (137,000).
Quote:
Lilian Garcia did an interview on the Tomorrow show with Kevin Undergaro and said that her father feels super guilty about her leaving WWE. She said she wants to enjoy every second she has left with him and doesn’t want to be on the road. She said she misses not being there and wished she could have had a chance to say goodbye but things were happening quick. She said she was told the door is always open. She said if they were to call her to come back and do something special she would do it
Quote:
There will be a live action commercial debuting during SummerSlam for KFC, featuring Miz and Ziggler as well as their new Col. Sanders character. The commercial was taped on 8/16 in Austin, TX at the night of the Smackdown tapings where Ziggler was dressed up as Col. Sanders and they did a match with Miz dressed up as a chicken. KFC will also use it outside of wrestling. The commercial, which debuts on the PPV is a joint project of Yum Brands and WWE. It will also run on WWE Network broadcasts going forward. Also at SummerSlam, Cricket a co-sponsor of the show along with Yum Brands, will have inside and outside arena signage and a Snapchat filter. There will also be Tapout ads during the broadcast as well as Mountain Dew and video game ads at times during the six plus hour live show

Old 08-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #229
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Quote:
Both UFC and WWE should be in the hunt for Helen Maroulis. This is only one in history first time American woman gold medalist in the sport, and she's got the right size and look for either professions and is clearly a superior athlete. The women's strawweight division in UFC does not have a ton of depth, although the top two are very good fighters. She'd be a publicity gold mine for WWE.
Just before her gold medal match, I had a feeling that if she won, that talk about her and the WWE would begin to appear on the internet.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 06:15 PM   #230
Mr. Nerfect

She's a good looking girl too. I'd be going after her if I were the WWE.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #231
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Disappearance of the 1st Universal Champion:

Quote:
Raw had its expected big increase coming the day after SummerSlam and with no major sports competition.

Still, the number can't be celebrated too much, as the 3.30 million viewers was lower than the 3.33 million viewers the day after Battleground and 3.47 million viewers the day after Money in the Bank ...

The previous two Raws, going against the Olympics, did 2.90 and 2.91 million viewers, the two lowest for non-holiday shows in the last 19 years ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.46 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.37 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.11 million viewers
Quote:
WWE received better news on the injury status of Sasha Banks.

According to Dave Meltzer, Banks is not expected to be out of action very long despite having a back injury. The injury won’t require surgery so she could be back sooner than previously feared.

Meltzer noted in Monday’s daily update that the decision to have Banks lose the WWE Women’s Championship at SummerSlam was made because of the injury to her back.
Quote:
The impression we have is that Samoa Joe was not injured last night and it was just storyline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Finn Balor is already in Birmingham, Alabama in preparation for the pending surgery to repair his torn labrum.

As noted, he is expected out of action for 4-6 months after surgery.
Quote:
Then on Tuesday morning, Lesnar got word that he's been issued a temporary suspension by the Nevada Athletic Commission as a result of his multiple drug failures following UFC 200. It's the first step in a process that will eventually lead to a formal hearing where Lesnar could face a two-year suspension under USADA guidelines.

MMA Fighting's Shaun Al-Shatti first reported the news.

The 39-year-old tested positive for hydroxy clomiphene in two separate tests, one on June 28th prior to UFC 200 and then during an in-competition test at the show.
Quote:
Stephanie McMahon promised that there would be repercussions for Brock Lesnar after he bloodied Randy Orton and laid out Shane McMahon at the end of SummerSlam, but Lesnar’s on-screen punishment won’t be too severe.

It was announced on Tuesday night’s SmackDown pre-show that Stephanie had fined Lesnar $500 for his actions at SummerSlam.

The relatively insignificant storyline punishment seems like it’s intended to further the tensions between the Raw and SmackDown brands, as well as increase conflict between the McMahon siblings.
Quote:
More additions to the WWE 2K17 roster were revealed on Tuesday, with Brock Lesnar, Samoa Joe, American Alpha, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Ric Flair, Razor Ramon, The Revival and others officially announced for for the game.
Quote:
Chinese signee Bin Wang will make his WWE debut on the promotion’s tour of China when he faces Bo Dallas in Shanghai on September 10th. Triple H announced Wang’s debut in a video.
Quote:
Last night's Raw was the final appearance of Bubba (Mark LoMonaco) & D-Von (Devon Hughes) Dudley with WWE.

The team had signed a one-year contract, but had verbally agreed to a new contract several weeks ago. They had been working on an angle to split the two up for weeks on television but decisions were changed and the decision was made to not renew the contract and to drop the angle.

So instead they were given a farewell last night in Brooklyn where they got to turn babyface, set up signature spots with the Shining Stars, and then be used to get heel heat for Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows, the Raw brand's top heel tag team.

The WWE was very gracious with them on television on the way out, with the announcers pushing that they may have been the greatest tag team in pro wrestling history.
Quote:
Kazuchika Okada was backstage at SummerSlam last night. He's in New York for the week since he's working the ROH show on Saturday night in Brooklyn.
2nd year in a row he was backstage for a NXT or WWE event during SummerSlam weekend.

Quote:
The ending of the Randy Orton vs. Brock Lesnar SummerSlam match, which went pretty much as planned, led to a verbal and somewhat physical confrontation between Lesnar and Chris Jericho last night.

According to multiple sources, Jericho came to the gorilla position just as the match ended, apparently to see if Orton was okay and to find out what exactly happened. He asked Michael Hayes what the finish was or if that was the finish. Hayes wouldn't answer him at which point Jericho said, "That's bullsh*t."

Jericho said that just as Lesnar came back from the ring. Lesnar thought he was talking about his match, and called Jericho a pussy according to one version, or "shut up" according to another, and to mind his own business. The two got face-to-face and started exchanging words, with one version saying they were shouting at each other the whole time.

Lesnar pushed Jericho with his fingers, and Jericho did what was described as the "Rousey-Tate" foreheed press. One version also had Jericho shoving Lesnar to the wall at one point.

They got tangled up against the wall and Lesnar told Jericho to punch him or kiss him. Paul "HHH" Levesque jumped in quickly and broke it up. It was heated enough that they went back at it at which time Vince McMahon broke it up. Jericho started yelling about Lesnar and McMahon told Jericho that it was all a work and to be professional.

Levesque reportedly told McMahon that Lesnar started it, and Jericho was just standing up for himself but there were more words exchanged.

Jericho saw Orton and got mad, which everyone noted was because he was concerned with Orton's health and safety. Orton reportedly assured him that he knew the way everything was coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
After Raw went off the air in Brooklyn, NY, John Cena and WWE World champion Dean Ambrose teamed to defeat the team of Seth Rollins and AJ Styles after Ambrose pinned Rollins with Dirty Deeds. The crowd, not realizing the Smackdown talents would be there, chanted "This is awesome" before the bell had even rung. It will be the last Raw taping featuring Smackdown talents in the dark match to close out the show as Smackdown will begin running Monday evening house shows next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTorch
WWE released a video clip of Sting’s new sit-down interview with JBL premiering Friday night on WWE Network.

The clip includes Sting acknowledging a rumor that he was penciled in to face Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 18 in 2002 – a year after WWE bought out WCW and Sting’s personal contract was set to expire.

Sting said he did have talks with Vince McMahon, but when attorneys got involved, things did not work out. So, Sting stayed away from WWE for 12 years until joining the company in 2014 ...

Sting also talked about not trusting WWE and McMahon at the time, believing that Vince “wanted me more to undermine WCW than he did as a talent.”
Link with the video of the interview: http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/08/...ch-not-happen/

Quote:
WWE announced Monday during Raw that the Cruiserweight division will officially debut on Raw on September 19.

This is the first Monday after the inaugural Cruiserweight tournament concludes on September 14.

The first four CW wrestlers highlighted in a video package were Rich Swann, Brian Kendrick, Noam Dar, and T.J. Perkins.
Quote:
As we reported in July, Zack Sabre, Jr. was on WWE’s radar to be signed from the Cruiserweight tournament. However, the two sides have not agreed to a deal after some negotiations.

One roadblock for Sabre is that some WWE agents are not high on Sabre’s in-ring style. Fit Finlay has publicly said that he is not a fan of Sabre and William Regal also shares some of that sentiment.

• MSN had a recent article dealing with Brock Lesnar and his aura of making people believe wrestling isn't fake. http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/news...E%20was%20real
  • Sports Illustrated had a recent interview with Shinsuke Nakamura: http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016...oe-kenny-omega
  • According to reports, WWE went on a Twitter rampage going after accounts posting gifs of SummerSlam as the event happened. At least two major accounts got shut down as a result. http://backbodydrop.com/blog/comment...y/%C2%A0%C2%A0
  • ROH announced they recently signed British indie wrestler Marty Scurll to a deal.
  • According to the WWE, Randy Orton required 10 staples to close the gash on his head after his match against Lesnar.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 17th anniversary of Triple H's first WWE title reign. Defeated Mick Foley on RAW a day after Foley won the title from Stone Cold at Summerslam 99'.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:21 PM   #232
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
damn @ Zach Sabre news
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #233
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Gift of Vince ... Drink it in man:

Quote:
Today is Vince McMahon’s 71st birthday.
Quote:
Tuesday night's edition of Talking Smack may have been more noteworthy than SmackDown itself.

Daniel Bryan and The Miz got into a heated exchange after Bryan said he didn't like the way Miz wrestles. Miz responded by saying he beat Apollo Crews at SummerSlam, but Bryan said that Miz wrestles like a coward inside of the ring, and claimed that Miz represents what he used to think of as soft WWE style wrestling.

Miz offered an impassioned defense of his work, saying that he has never been injured in his career. He said Bryan is the real coward for promising his fans that he would come back and failing to do so.

Responding to The Miz, Bryan noted that he would come back if the WWE would let him. Miz said Bryan claims to love wrestling and should quit and go wrestle in bingo halls again. Bryan walked off of the set as the show went off the air.
Really worth the watch for those who haven't seen it yet. TPWW thread with the video: http://www.tpwwforums.com/showthread.php?t=132096

Quote:
Maura Ranallo tweeted that the new sets featured on this week’s Raw and SmackDown are permanent.
Quote:
SmackDown scored its second biggest TV audience since the live draft special, garnering 2.714 million viewers on USA Tuesday night.

The number was up 10% from last week and was the highest number the show has done since July 25th.
Quote:
USADA announced Wednesday that Jon Jones and Brock Lesnar could be facing a maximum suspension of just one year for their recent drug test failures, and not the traditional two-year ban.
Quote:
In the fourth installment of WWE 2K17’s Suplex City Census, 29 WWE Superstar residents of the Business District – the fourth of five neighborhoods in Suplex City – have been announced for inclusion in the forthcoming franchise’s worldwide release on October 11, 2016. The installment brings the following Superstars to WWE 2K17’s extensive roster: Alberto Del Rio, Big Show, Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar, Carmella, Chad Gable, Big Cass, Darren Young, Dash Wilder, Diamond Dallas Page, Earthquake, Enzo Amore, Goldberg, Jason Jordan, JBL, Mark Henry, Paige, Razor Ramon, Ric Flair, Rusev, Sami Zayn, Samoa Joe, Sasha Banks, Scott Dawson, Sheamus, The Miz, Titus O’Neil, Typhoon and Zack Ryder.
Quote:
WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart has been critical of Seth Rollins in the past, calling Rollins unprofessional and reckless after John Cena and Sting were injured in matches with him.

And Hart doubled down on those criticisms after Finn Balor was injured after taking a powerbomb into the barricade against Rollins at SummerSlam.

Hart released a statement (with paragraph breaks added) to Nick Hausman of Wrestlezone: "I take no great pleasure in saying 'I told you so,' but if you’re a professional wrestler and you keep hurting opponents and or yourself, clearly you’re doing it wrong. I wrestled a very realistic and physical style and not once in 23 yrs did I ever hurt one opponent ever.

Seth Rollins needs to improve his technique and become the safest wrestler in the business. I have great respect for Seth. I believe he’ll improve and hopefully stop hurting the talent before someone gets killed. Wrestlers have to trust one another. If a wrestler holds the life of another wrestler in his hands for the sake of his family, wife or children you plain and simply cannot drop it!

I saw this coming, if anything WWE producers are negligent for not speaking up about it to him already, instead they’re probably gushing with joy, slapping him on the back telling him 'great job!' Bill Goldberg was similar. When I think of Samoa Joe nearly killing Tyson Kidd, then see him continuing to use that deadly finish of his, I just shake my head. It’s not real, it’s only supposed to look real, wrestlers are not crash test dummies!"
Lance Storm also bashed Rollins to a lesser degree for being a bit wreckless with his moves during a guest appearance on a recent Observer Radio show. Basically said Rollins needs to be more aware his powerbomb moves are all on him to ensure others are safe taking them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE
Update: Aug.23 at 10 p.m by Dr. Jeffrey Dugas
“Finn’s injury was pretty severe, more severe than normal. A really high energy injury, it did more damage than a standard shoulder dislocation where you simply tear the labrum. The prognosis is excellent, however. We were able to fix it all and put it back where it came from. I’m anticipating him getting back at full speed.”
Recent update regarding Finn's injury and recover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE NXT will tape their next set of TV episodes tomorrow, Thursday 8/25 at Full Sail Live. The next WWE Cruiserweight Classic taping will be Friday 8/26 at Full Sail Live as well ...

Jerry Lawler was spotted in Orlando, Florida today, so he may be at the tapings this week.
Quote:
El Rey Network announced a collaborative deal with Rey Mysterio to be involved in more projects beyond Lucha Underground.

El Rey and Mysterio agreed to a “one-year first look deal” that will see Mysterio “develop, produce. and consult on creative projects and series, both scripted and unscripted,” reports Deadline.com.

Mysterio will also be featured in Season 3 of Lucha Underground, which premiers September 7.
Quote:
“I know he would have supported it because he told me to ask for my release after WrestleMania 28… I waited until WrestleMania 32 to take his advice. At 28, I recalled particularly, he was unhappy with the direction things were going with me and Big Show, and he just thought that I was so close to the keys to the kingdom, and they were slipping away, that maybe leaving would wake them to the idea that this is somebody who wanted to captain your ship and the way you guys are treating him has pushed him out. But it seemed at the time like kind of a leopard’s play, so it just didn’t interest me. I wanted to stick it out, and I always tried to not take Pop’s advice, because he’s my dad, so the advice always came from that part of his heart, not the businessman part of his mind, but his heart, and actually at the end of my WWE career, he was right that I should have made that decision maybe a little sooner.”
Part of a longer interview Cody Rhodes had with Wrestledelphia Radio about Dusty telling him to leave the WWE years ago since he was unhappy and needed a new direction for his career.

• Bayley recently posted a farewell letter to NXT on her Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJgJDYQge9e/
  • CM Punk's on-going lawsuit against WWE's head doctor Dr. Chris Amann is current set to have another hearing on November 15th based on recent court records. Punk is currently suing Amann over issues regarding medical neglect while Amann is counter-suing Punk over the allegations. http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/08/...court-hearing/
  • Undertaker's wife and former WWE Women's wrestler Michelle McCool recently revealed she's currently dealing with skin cancer. https://www.instagram.com/p/BJgSKQshO3P/
  • Apparently a recent AMA session on r/SquaredCircle with Bull Dempsey/Bull James ended up being a big disaster to the point the thread got deleted very quickly. Main issues were Dempsey didn't prepare or handle himself well for the AMA and trolls causing a lot of issues. https://twitter.com/RealBullJames/st...90380363292673
  • According to Johnny Gargano, the origin of the #GloriousBomb was people in NXT thinking the song was going to be used for the CWC tournament and being a bit upset it was for Roode instead. Him and Ciampa then decided to use it as part of a running gag with Roode involved and even managed to get Triple H to be a big fan of it. http://www.cagesideseats.com/2016/8/...e-nxt-triple-h
Old 08-25-2016, 02:33 PM   #234
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I was thinking the same thing about Rollins. Honestly, the first 2 times I guess you can say unlucky, but this is the third time. I know it may kill everyone to admit, but Bret Hart is right and WAS right the whole fucking time.

Bret's hyperbole about how "he never hurt anyone" is a crock of shit, but certainly never to the degree of Rollins.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #235
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think the move itself is more unsafe than rollins. Too many variables on how a person can land, and it can be difficult to brace yourself for it.

I ghink if rollins retires the move, then it's problem solved, because outside of that cena thing with the knee, he's never hurt anyone before, in wwe or the indies.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #236
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Dirtsheets sponsored by The Disappearance of the 1st Universal Champion:
For some reason, head canon has the theme to Unsolved Mysteries playing in the background, and a Robert Stack voiceover

"If you know the whereabouts of Finn Balor, call this number..."
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #237
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
I think the move itself is more unsafe than rollins. Too many variables on how a person can land, and it can be difficult to brace yourself for it.

I ghink if rollins retires the move, then it's problem solved, because outside of that cena thing with the knee, he's never hurt anyone before, in wwe or the indies.
He's the one doing the move though and it is wildly unsafe. Like someone said, he needs to respect the recklessness of his powerbomb and not be so willy nilly with it. I think what he did to Sting is WAY worse but this still doesn't look good.

I think he's a good dude, and a great worker and praise after praise after praise, but come on, this is 3 guys he's hurt, 2 on the same move. You can only keep having so many accidents before it seems like you aren't taking responsibility for the guys inside the ring with you as much as you should be.

Then again, I'm not a worker, so maybe I'm completely wrong, and where you're going with it is completely right, Figgy. Your point has a definite validity to it, I just think in this case, where there's smoke there is fire.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #238
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post

1) Think you rode past Sting, there.

2) I hate to say it, because I'm a fan, but if it were a lot of the names on the undercard that had the same track record, we would be most likely reading about releases or at least a dropped push about now. Especially if he had hurt Randy Orton (Ken Kennedy, anyone? Kofi Kingston?)
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #239
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
4 people Rollins has hurt. He broke Lesnars ribs at Mania last year as well did he not?
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:22 PM   #240
Mr. Nerfect

The buckle bomb could probably go, but I think a lot of the injuries around Seth comes down to him feeling the need to prove himself. He's a lankier guy, so he wants to show he can toss guys around and look "legit" in there. That's only speculation, of course, but I can only imagine the pressure Seth Rollins has felt as a guy trying to embed himself in the main event with the terrible booking in WWE.

He can probably take a massive chill pill right now though, because it's obvious he's a guy in the WWE.