TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > mma forum

Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 AM   #1
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Hendo V Marquardt and other things

Quote:
Middleweight contender Dan Henderson has become a free agent following his knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100 in July, but is negotiating with the UFC and is likely to return to the promotion, according to SI.com’s Josh Gross.

“According to a source close to Hendo, Dan is a free agent. The source said Dan wants to remain in the UFC. It makes the most sense,” Gross recently Tweeted. “But as of right now he doesn’t have a contract with Zuffa. Negotiations were characterized as “slow.” Dan’s main focus is fighting [Anderson] Silva.”

Gross also shot down a rumor that Henderson could fight Antonio Rogerio Nogueira in the main event of UFC 105, writing that Little Nog was “never mentioned as a possible opponent” for Henderson.

Silva, the UFC’s middleweight champ, has called for Henderson to fight Nate Marquardt to determine the division’s top-contender, but Henderson has maintained that Silva is the only fight he’s interested in at 185-pounds and that he’d return to light heavyweight if he doesn’t get a title shot rematch.
But now rumours are abound that...

Quote:
A matchup between middleweight contenders Dan Henderson and Nate Marquardt is being planned to headline UFC 105 on November 14 in Manchester, England, with Fanhouse reporting on Thursday that the UFC is “looking to book” the fight but that bout agreements have not yet been finalized.

Both Henderson and Marquardt are eyeing rematches with 185-pound king Anderson Silva, who could be available to fight by November after failing to undergo a previously-reported elbow surgery that was to sideline him until early next year.

Henderson (25-7), who’s currently a free agent but expected to re-sign with the UFC, is riding a three-fight win streak since his 2008 loss to Silva, including a second-round knockout of Michael Bisping in July. Marquardt (29-8-2), who knocked out Demian Maia in just 21-seconds in August, has also won three-straight and is 4-1 since his 2007 loss to Silva.

UFC 105 is expected to air on Spike TV and also features Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang and Dan Hardy vs. Dong Hyun Kim.
- Two fights added to TUF 10 finale
Quote:
Two fights have been added to the December fifth scheduled The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale in Las Vegas, NV. Those fights include Kurt Pellegrino vs. Frankie Edgar and Dennis Hallman vs. John Howard. According to a report on Jon Anik’s Twitter page, at least two sources, including his co-host Franklin McNeil, are indicating the addition of the Pellegrino vs. Edgar bout.

Pellegrino was last in action at UFC 101 in August where he earned a unanimous decision victory of Josh Neer. The bout was the third in a three fight win streak for “Batman” since he was submitted by Nate Diaz in April of 2008. The New Jersey based fighter has amassed a 14-4 record (6-3 UFC) in his MMA career, including nine submission victories.

Edgar will be looking to develop end Pellegrino’s winning streak while continuing one of his own. His last fight was a unanimous decision victory over Sean Sherk at UFC 98. The only loss currently on Edgars record is a Unanimous decision loss to Gray Maynard in April of 2008.

The Howard vs. Hallman bout, which was originally reported to be scheduled for UFC 106, has been moved to the card for The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale, according to a report from MMAJunkie. This bout will mark Hallman’s promotional return, after a four year absence. Both fighters will be looking to extend winning streaks that night, Hallman will look to add a fifth victory to his current streak and Howard will be fighting for his sixth consecutive win.

The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale will also feature the final fight to determine the seasons winner, as well as other bouts including Matt Hammill vs. Jon Jones.
Hammill V Jones, and Pelligrino V Edgar + whatever TUF fights sounds pretty good

- Florian V Guida moved from 106 to 107
Quote:
The lightweight bout between Kenny Florian and Clay Guida that was originally scheduled for UFC 106 in November has been moved to UFC 107 on December 12 in Memphis, TN. This news comes on the heels of the announcement that the BJ Penn vs. Diego Sanchez bout was moved to this event, as well as the postponement of the scheduled Rashad Evans vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson bout to a later event. This story was originally reported via the MMALive Twitter page, and later confirmed by Kenny Florian on his Twitter page.
- Mousasi drops out of DREAM Super Hulk Tournament...
Quote:
After it was reported yesterday that Gegard Mousasi was forced to pull out of his upcoming “Super Hulk Tournament” bout with Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, there was some discussion as to who might fill his place. In a move that will likely surprise almost no one, Dream officials have decided to bring Bob Sapp back into the tournament as Mousasi’s replacement, according to a report from MMAWeekly.

Sapp is being brought back into the tournament after a submission loss to Ikuhisa Minowa, in the first round of the tournament. He as last in action against Bobby Lashley in June, where he suffered defeat via submission due to strikes.

Sokoudjou comes into the bout off of his victory over Jan Nortje in the opening round of the tournament. Prior to competing in the Super Hulk tournament Sokoudjou had suffered back to back defeats at the hands of Luiz Cane, and Renato Sobral.

The current card for DREAM 11 features:

Joachim Hansen (c) vs. Shinya Aoki
DREAM Lightweight Championship
Featherweight grand prix final
Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante vs. Daisuke Nakamura
Bibiano Fernandes vs. Joe Warren*
Hiroyuki Takaya vs. Hideo Tokoro*
Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Daiki Hata#
Hong Man Choi vs. Ikuhisa Minowa^
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Bob Sapp^
* Featherweight grand prix semifinal
# Featherweight grand prix reserve bout
^ “Super Hulk” semifinal
That's dissapointing...as Sokoudjou V Mousasi was the only semi decent fight in that tournament...ah well.

also

- Fedor V Rogers is rumoured to be on oct 10 in New Jersey

- Cro Cop believes that if he beats Dos Santos he will be two wins away from a title shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naitch
I approve of Impact! He is the goods
“I believe there are people out there that just have a warrior spirit, whether it’s fighting or something, they’ve got to do it. It’s hard to identify with me; it’s just something I do.” Evan Tanner, 2005

Henderson: I have more dimensions as an mma fighter
Franklin: How many more dimensions did he say? Was it like 3 more dimensions? Cause thats ALOT of dimensions

When I see my opponent, I begin shaking uncontrollably, and once he hits me, I think to myself, You just hit Wanderlei Silva, how dare you hit Wanderlei Silva, and then I try to kill him. Wanderlei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooler Tom Schuler
Impact! once did an entire crossword puzzle with his eyes closed. Not even he knows how he accomplished it.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Hendo vs Marquardt for #1 contendership is fair. Both guys deserve it, so let them fight to see who gets it first (yeah, I'm writing them off as being able to beat Silva, what of it? ).

Cro Cop is basically right. There's not enough guys who are remotely contenders for the belt (basically just Carwin). So if he does win a couple more times he should get a shot.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #3
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Impact! puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
The heavyweight division right now probably looks abit like this: (Title shot wise)

Lesnar
Carwin
Cain
Big Nog
Couture
Kongo
Cro Cop
Dos Santos

Gonzaga, Kongo, Duffee, and Rothwell all on the outside
Old 09-11-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don't think Cain should be ranked higher than Nog, but No does have a recent loss and Cain is still undefeated. They should fight next and winner takes on the winner of Lesnar/Carwin.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:18 AM   #5
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

I agree that Cain shouldn't be higher ranked, but from what I hear as long as he beats Rothwell he should be number 1 contender...kinda stupid, but whatever.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:42 AM   #6
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

Kongo exposed his weak stand up. As things stand, Lesnar will probably beat him on stand up because they're about even in stand up ability, but Lesnar hits harder and Lesnar's more accomplished on the ground, not to mention bigger and stronger.

Same thing with Carwin, except his stand up is a lot better than Lesnar's. Cain is fucked.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #7
Impact!
R.I.P Tanner

Cain's young, he really doesn't need to be slingshotted into the Main Event. Give him a couple of years and he'll be scary, but right now he's got enough flaws for the others to take apart.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic

I kinda hope he pulls a GSP and becomes unstoppable after an embarrassing loss.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #9
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dear God does Bob Sapp ever go away? I thought he retired to make those Miller High Life commercials.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #10
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Both Hendo and Marquardt COULD both beat Silva.