TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 11-26-2016, 12:33 AM   #41
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
No interest in a Taker title run. Much more interested in him going against Cena, with his career on the line.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #42
Juan
Doin' It Right

Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
A series of Bodyslam Challenges?
They'll probably do it at a few house shows before doing it on TV, i assume
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #43
Juan
Doin' It Right

Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Also, they can build Cena/Taker for WM and do the AJ match at RR without putting the title on Taker.

A "first time ever" match between Cena and Taker should be enough of an "attraction" for WM
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:33 AM   #44
Mr. Pierre
...Pierre

Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)
Taker vs Cena is WWE's last true mega match. Wouldnt be shocked if the belt is on the line and Cena gets #16 from Taker
Mr. Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:17 PM   #45
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I can actually totally get behind Taker vs. Cena for the belt. Yeah it obviously had more appeal when the Streak was alive, but it could still be a lot of fun. Also with the Streak off the table people are far less averse to the idea of Cena beating Taker clean as a whistle at WrestleMania.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #46
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It's so going to be Taker/Cena for the belt. Gah.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 03:00 AM   #47
Mr. Pierre
...Pierre

Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)Mr. Pierre is good (20,000+)
I'm gonna try and piece a 5 hour card together. Probably change by tomorrow but meh:

Undertaker (c) vs John Cena
-Taker beats Styles in Alamo, Johnny seeks #16

Kevin Owens (c) w/Chris Jericho vs Finn Balor (RR winner)
-Balor chases belt he never lost. Add water

Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar III
-Bill is the Beast's kryptonite - fun attraction

Triple H vs Seth Rollins
-About time Rollins gets a babyface feud he can latch onto. Let it fly

Roman Reigns (c) vs Braun Stroman
-Braun's only getting better and could be ready for this. Both are stars

Miz (c) vs (newly traded) Cesaro w/Daniel Bryan
-Gotta blow off the Bryan/Miz feud with Bryan picking a rep. Why not have it be the guy he's publically pushed for?

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon
-Yes, I too would rather see Styles tear it up with a real wrestler, but let's face it - this match is an attraction. Story is simple, these 2 start feuding due to Styles getting hot at the fact that Taker was handed a title match, Shane is a biased GM, etc. Based on skill sets, I'd compare this to HBK vs Vince from WM22. It would rule, but in a different fashion

Andre the Giant Battle Royal: top promoted including New Day, Zayn

Sasha Banks (c) vs Bayley
-Sasha turns on her best bud and Bayley chases, piggy backing their Brooklyn showdown

Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin
-Ambrose and Ellsworth go separate ways post-TLC. Sometime in March, Corbin continues his bully gimmick and writes off Ellsworth with a nasty bump. Ambrose comes to his old buddy's aide and sets up a test for Corbin and maybe a wakeup call program for Ambrose to find his groove again

Becky Lynch (c) vs Nikki Bella
-Babyface vs babyface matchup

Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton (c) vs American Alpha
-Let this Orton/Wyatt thing ride. It's awesome. No need to blow it off as an afterthought at Mania. Give it the spotlight at another Spring PPV.

Multi-man Ladder match for CW Championship
Old 11-27-2016, 04:45 AM   #48
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That's actually very similar to how I see the actual card going.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #49
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My predicted card is pretty similar to Mr. Pierre's but with a few differences including the build:

WWE World Championship
John Cena vs. The Undertaker (C)

Like Pierre's card I have Balor challenging for his brand's title too, but I'm not sure if he'll be ready by the Rumble. So Cena wins the Rumble, possibly as a surprise return - joins Austin in the group of 3 time winners to add to his accolades as he chases #16.

WWE Universal Championship
Finn Balor vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens (C)

I'd love Jeri-KO to stay together forever, but you know eventually WWE will have them turn on one another after teasing it many times. This COULD be a one on one match as Jericho might actually be back with Fozzy by this point, but if he sticks around I think he'll wiggle his way into this match as an actual participant.

Battle of the Part-Timers Part 3
Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar

This is essentially a lock.

We Haven't Forgotten About This Even Though We Haven't Followed Up Since August
Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

Again, a lock.

WWE United States Championship
Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns (C)

This is on Pierre's card and is being heavily rumored anyway. Doesn't particularly thrill me but I can understand the logic behind it.

WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match
Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kane vs. Luke Harper vs. Sami Zayn vs. Zack Ryder vs. The Miz (C)

I could see the Intercontinental Title ladder match carrying on being an annual thing. Bryan's last big moment as a WWE wrestler occurred in this very match, and he hates Miz for being a "coward" so booking him in one of these matches again plays into the story. Bryan announces 5 former Intercontinental champions as Miz's challengers, and the final entrant is announced as Sami Zayn who winds up being acquired in a trade with Raw.

#1 Contender's Match
AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe

I'm going on a limb with this one. Part of me thinks Samoa Joe will never come to the main roster and he's mainly around to help NXT. But I'm hoping he ends up as a Rumble mystery entrant, and he shows up on SmackDown where he's likely to be received as a face right away no matter what he was doing in NXT. This would just be a damn good match and would serve to set up Cena's post-WM program. Seeing these two competing at WrestleMania would also be an amusing LOLTNA moment.

The Wyatt Family Explodes!
Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton

I hope I'm wrong with this, I much prefer Pierre's Wyatt/Orton/Alpha match and I love Randy as a Wyatt. But I don't think WWE will be able to resist having them break up prematurely so they can have a Mania program, especially since Orton might be requesting time off and as a Wyatt that would mean taking the entire Family off air for periods of time.

Raw Women's Championship
Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte vs. Bayley (C)

Another triple threat for a Raw belt but there's no way in hell Charlotte isn't going to be in the Women's Title match and I don't see Sasha being left off either. I would actually say there's a chance Bayley wins the title at the PPV before Mania somehow, because I'm already projecting a bunch of title changes for this PPV as is.

SmackDown Women's Championship
Nikki Bella vs. Becky Lynch (C)

Again, this is very much the expected course of action. I'd rather swap this with the Raw match with Nikki being champ going in and Bayley being the beneficiary of the "big moment" title switch, but I think this way is more likely.

Token WrestleMania Celebrity Spot
Big Show, Luke Gallows, and Karl Anderson vs. Shaquille O'Neil, Kofi Kingston, and Big E w/ Xavier Woods

Big Show/Shaq seems unavoidable - but adding Gallows, Anderson, and The New Day to this mix helps get more guys on the show and might make the match watchable and a fun little midcard match.

Raw Tag Team Championships
Cesaro and Sheamus vs. The Revival (C)

I expect to be The Revival to be the ones to finally dethrone The New Day after they've broken Demolition's record. I actually can see the Cesaro/Sheamus angle carrying on well into next year. This can be the moment the team either finally comes together fully to win the tag belts, or they can lose and break up/

SmackDown Tag Team Championships
The Usos vs. The American Alpha (C)

I mean, these two are clearly the best teams on SmackDown. If the Wyatts/Alpha match can't happen - this is obviously the best possible showcase of the blue brand's tag division.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Kalisto vs. Gran Metalik (C)

Metalik's with WWE full time now I believe, him having the belt by this point is just me working on a hunch. Kalisto should have been on Raw anyway with the cruiserweight division, in this scenario I'm imagining he's the guy sent to Raw in the trade for Sami Zayn.

4th Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Aiden English, Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Big Cass, Bo Dallas, Curt Hawkins, Curtis Axel, Darren Young, Epico, Enzo Amore, Fandango, Goldust, Heath Slater, Jack Swagger, James Ellsworth, Jinder Mahal, Kenny, Konnor, Mark Henry, Mikey, Mojo Rawley, Neville, Primo, R-Truth, Rhyno, Rusev, Simon Gotch, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Viktor

Some of these guys might be hurt (Mark Henry), others might not even be full time with the roster (Spirit Squad) but this field neatly worked out to 30 dudes. Replace whoever you need to with cruiserweights or random legends to make up the field as needed. I'm thinking Big Cass takes this and begins his first steps towards being a singles competitor.

-----

This card is fucking huge but bear in mind last year's Mania was a beyond ridiculous 7 hours between the pre-show and main card. Clearly some of these matches would be tossed onto the pre-show but it should be doable. If I had to consolidate a match it would definitely be Wyatt/Orton, as mentioned I'd much rather see them tag against Alpha.
Old 11-29-2016, 12:36 AM   #50
Mr. Nerfect

WWE World Championship
The Undertaker (c) vs. John Cena

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg III

Triple Threat Match for the Universal Championship
Kevin Owens (c) vs. Finn Balor vs. Chris Jericho

AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

Triple H vs. Seth Rollins

Big Show vs. Shaquille O'Neal

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Featuring Baron Corbin, Braun Strowman, Mark Henry, The Hype Bros, Cesaro, Sheamus, Rusev, The New Day, Enzo & Cass, The Usos, Rhyno, Gallows & Anderson, The Spirit Squad, Titus O'Neil, Darren Young, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, the cruiserweights, etc.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship
Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton (c) vs. American Alpha

Fatal 4-Way Match for the RAW Women's Championship
Charlotte (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley vs. Becky Lynch

United States Championship
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Dean Ambrose

SmackDown Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nikki Bella

Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship
The Miz (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kalisto vs. Apollo Crews vs. Heath Slater vs. Sami Zayn vs. Luke Harper vs. Kane

Kickoff Fatal 4-Way Tag Team Match for the RAW Tag Team Championship
Cesaro & Sheamus (c) vs. The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass

Kickoff Match for the Cruiserweight Championship
The Brain Kendrick (c) vs. Cedric Alexander or someone else, it really doesn't matter

Kickoff Women's Invitational
Natalya vs. Carmella vs. Naomi vs. Summer Rae vs. Emmalina vs. Eva Marie vs. Dana Brooke vs. Alicia Fox
Old 11-29-2016, 12:44 AM   #51
Mr. Nerfect

I don't know how they get to Reigns vs. Ambrose, but I think they will get cold feet with Strowman and Corbin by then. Not to the point that either man will be out of a job or anything, but I see them making the Battle Royal their priority, since they are big, and big men like that trophy. Maybe they trade Sami Zayn for Dean Ambrose? It hardly seems fair, but I could see Foley and Bryan coming to that decision somehow.

People seem to be predicting Becky vs. Nikki, but I think they angle it so that Becky loses the belt to one of the heel girls on SmackDown, and that girl turns out to be behind the Nikki Bella attack at Survivor Series. From an in-ring perspective, I'd rather Natalya be that heel, but I think they're enamored with the Alexa Bliss persona at this point in time. An Alexa Bliss also has lower demands on it to deliver, and will likely be kept shorter and has less chance of being bumped for Nikki's big moment. Becky is traded for Nia Jax who reveals herself to be Alexa's ally -- so that The Rock's cousin can get on WrestleMania. Nikki wins the belt and Alexa blames Nia and gets destroyed by her after the match. Becky competes against the other Horsewomen at WrestleMania for the red belt.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:44 AM   #52
Mr. Nerfect

I'd be fine if it they got rid of Kickoff, moved the RAW Tag Title match up and had Kendrick face Kota Ibushi for the Cruiserweight Title on the main show. If Ibushi agrees to be signed to a WWE contract, he wins the belt, but if not, Kendrick redeems his CWC loss. Mauro Ranallo and Daniel Bryan as commentators for that match, please. Bryan gets to make a WrestleMania entrance for it. Bryan is also involved in helping Shane McMahon "train" for AJ Styles, and is the driving force behind putting The Miz in such a dangerous match for the IC Championship -- "the match that ended my career."

Mick Foley interacts with The Rock at some point, and given that he was just named "Sexiest Man Alive," I bet they do something with him and a woman/women -- possibly Emmalina, since her gimmick seems to be an object of desire. The Rock has to beat up somebody, so maybe they'll wheel out The Fashion Police, Jinder Mahal, Bo Dallas or Curt Hawkins for that too. Then they'll be Stephanie McMahon. Rock will try to point out what a bitch she is and make Foley question his job loyalty, etc. Vague outline, but there will be some sort of clusterfuck segment like that and it'll go on way too long.
Old 11-29-2016, 11:52 AM   #53
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
New Day will not be on the kickoff show. Too big of an act to be excluded from the main show. I'm guessing they pass the torch to Zo and Cass or they break up prior to Mania.

I don't see Becky on RAW unless one of the other Horsewomen comes the other way. Banks is going heel most likely, so maybe Charlotte joins the blue crew and becomes the first woman to win both belts. Meanwhile they do Banks vs Bayley.

I don't see Shane working a random match with AJ. I got a feeling there could be a Shield v Club match at Mania. If they want to just have Shane get killed, put him with Stroman. Although I'm sure the battle royal will be the showcase for Stroman.

If they could bring in McGregor, maybe he does something with Hunter. If not, maybe Shane vs Hunter. Or Rock v Hunter if he's available.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 12:14 PM   #54
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I'd be all in on a Shield vs. Club match. Not sure how you get to that point with members of those groups spread across both shows - although I suppose it's possible WWE will completely ignore the brand split during WM season as they did in the last few years of the first brand extension.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:41 PM   #55
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
I'd be all in on a Shield vs. Club match. Not sure how you get to that point with members of those groups spread across both shows - although I suppose it's possible WWE will completely ignore the brand split during WM season as they did in the last few years of the first brand extension.
I looked at the fact that AJ got powerbombed by The Shield at Survivor Series. You could do a thing at TLC where The Club jumps the barricade and puts Ambrose through a table to let AJ win. Then do some type of confrontation in the Rumble between the groups. Or have G&A try to interfere in the AJ v Taker match at the Rumble (assuming that's the direction), and then The Shield boys come through the crowd and cut off G&A. Leaves Taker and Styles alone and Taker wins. Ambrose and Styles would continue the fued on the SDL side, meanwhile Gallows and Anderson fued with Reigns and Rollins on RAW. The GMs just agree to allow the interpromtional match to happen at Mania.

Last edited by The CyNick; 11-29-2016 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:32 PM   #56
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:34 PM   #57
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
For those keeping track at home, current WM rumors are:

Quote:

Shaq/Big Show
Roman Reigns/Braun Strowman
Shane McMahon/Dean Ambrose
Goldberg/Brock Lesnar
HHH/Seth Rollins

possibly Undertaker/Cena
Old 11-30-2016, 04:34 PM   #58
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Poor Dean.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:39 PM   #59
slik
Trickster Demon

I know...I really don't want Dean to job to Shane O Mac and his terrible punches...
Old 11-30-2016, 08:10 PM   #60
Mr. Pierre
...Pierre

Would actually love that program..guaranteed to get time and attention regardless of who wins. They love Ambrose, so win/lose he'll come out fine.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:11 PM   #61
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don't think he's gonna job. And in fact, this is prob a best case scenario for Dean. Who else is he gonna face?

Not to mention, it's likely he gets to turn heel here, which means a fresh take on his character, and it'd be a featured match where he can actually showcase himself, unlike his underwhelming as fuck match with Lesnar last year.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:28 PM   #62
Mr. Nerfect

Hmm. I'm flat on Ambrose, so I don't really care about that. On Talking Smack, AJ Styles skipped over Daniel Bryan to take shots at Shane McMahon. It'll be interesting to see if any more groundwork is laid for that.

Honestly, I'm starting to think that Ambrose ends up as one of 7 or 8 guys in an IC Title Ladder Match. His chances of winning it are probably quite high. Miz, him, Ziggler, Corbin, Kane, Kalisto, Harper & Crews round out the "important enough to not be in the Battle Royal, but not important enough for more focused programs" side of things.
Old 11-30-2016, 11:47 PM   #63
Mr. Nerfect

For the women, although I would like to see Becky Lynch mix it up with the other Horsewomen, and while I don't think they had long-term plans at the start of the draft that included WrestleMania, I think that they probably will go Becky vs. Nikki now. The WWE don't really care about crowd reactions these days, and I think the hope will be that having an NXT girl in there will keep the crowd on side and be respectful and polite for the Nikki Bella wins the belt story.

I can't see them doing two singles matches for the women's belts though. They're very quickly running Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley combos into the ground, and I can see them wanting to put Nia Jax on the card, because of nepotism. Emmalina is returning, and I can see Vince and Kevin Dunn being huge fans of her. I said it when those pictures of Emma started popping up "If someone with power sees this she will be pushed as their biggest female star." Someone has noticed.

How about Charlotte vs. Emmalina on a RAW sometime, with Dana Brooke doing the turn on Charlotte to re-align with her first mentor. Charlotte becomes a de facto babyface and aligns with the other good girls to face the team of Emmalina, Dana Brooke & Nia Jax at WrestleMania? If they want a reason for Sasha and Bayley to help Charlotte, I guess they can just have Emma, Dana & Nia screw with them too, but you could have Emma do something dastardly like turn the Women's Title -- although staying in line with its history -- back into the Divas Title for her reign. All of Charlotte, Bayley & Sasha's hard work undone.

I'm still not sure The New Day get to do anything more special than be in a Fatal 4-Way with the other teams that are half-way over from RAW -- Sheamus & Cesaro likely being champs by that point, Gallows & Anderson because they've paid them a lot of money and Enzo & Cass because Enzo can talk.

The dude I can't really see much for is Sami Zayn. Triple H vs. Seth Rollins doesn't really pop, so if they wanted to go with the Owens vs. Rollins vs. Balor idea of the former NXT Champions that have reached the World Title level fighting, that might leave Chris Jericho free to work with Sami Zayn, provided that he's around still. I have a feeling that Jericho went over Zayn at Clash of Champions to set up a proper feud between them, but Jericho the buddy-buddy stuff with Kevin Owens overtook the Triple H elements of the story and anything planned between Y2J and Sami Zayn. Triple H can probably do a segment with The Rock and Mick Foley to make him feel special, and sit out of actual in-ring competition as a political statement about him changing roles. Hahahaha! Triple H sitting out of Mania?!? Yeah, right.

But that card would look like this:

* The Undertaker (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE World Title

* Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar III

* The Rock segment, also starring Triple H, Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon

* Big Show vs. Shaq (Body Slam Challenge?)

* AJ Styles vs. Shane McMahon

* Kevin Owens (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor for the RAW World Title

* Randy Orton & Bray Wyatt (c) vs. American Alpha for the SmackDown Tag Titles

* Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

* Roman Reigns (c) vs. Braun Strowman for the US Title

* Chris Jericho vs. Sami Zayn

* Charlotte, Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. Emmalina, Dana Brooke & Nia Jax

* The Brian Kendrick (c) vs. Jack Gallagher for the Cruiserweight Title

* Becky Lynch (c) vs. Nikki Bella for the SmackDown Women's Title

* Sheamus & Cesaro (c) vs. The New Day vs. Gallows & Anderson vs. Enzo & Cass for the RAW Tag Titles

* The Miz (c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin vs. Kane vs. Kalisto vs. Apollo Crews vs. Luke Harper in a Ladder Match for the IC Title
Old 11-30-2016, 11:49 PM   #64
Mr. Nerfect

I personally hope that the "I'm not going to let WrestleMania define me" thing means that Taker won't be wrestling there though. That's about as naive as thinking that Triple H won't take a spot though.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:51 AM   #65
slik
Trickster Demon

IIRC Big Show has said WM33 will be his last match
Old 12-01-2016, 09:18 AM   #66
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I would so much rather go with my idea of Shaq and New Day vs. Big Show and friends (I had Gallows and Anderson but any heels will do). Shaq/Big Show one on one will be such a fucking eyesore. Show deserves to end his career on a better note.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:07 PM   #67
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

Quote:
I would so much rather go with my idea of Shaq and New Day vs. Big Show and friends (I had Gallows and Anderson but any heels will do). Shaq/Big Show one on one will be such a fucking eyesore. Show deserves to end his career on a better note.
That's a decent idea. I still think the mainstream media prefers to talk about a one on one match rather than getting into multiple other personalities.

Matches like this are booked solely to get mainstream publicity, so I don't see them cluttering it up.

I really don't see the concern with this match. Shaq is athletic and charismatic. It will be heavily produced, I bet it's not the worst thing on the show.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:35 PM   #68
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Agreed
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #69
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Would also like to see Braun and Big Show get thrown together and get along based on their brute badassness and then end up challenging Mark Henry and Shaq at WM in a Battle of Beheomoths where Braun turns on Show and starts a program that will be as revered as Flair/Steamboat.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:59 PM   #70
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Shaq will be the one to ends Brauns streak at Mania because it makes no sense and is bad for business.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:09 PM   #71
Jordan
It's a blood match!

There isn't going to be a lot of singles matches this year.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:12 PM   #72
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
I originally had that match planned out like that, then it changed it Big Show & Shaq vs. Cesaro & Sheamus, but I think they'll just go Show vs. Shaq because they don't care.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:34 AM   #73
slik
Trickster Demon

Latest WrestleMania Plans:

Undertaker vs John Cena - WWE Title
Undertaker will win the belt from AJ Styles and the storyline will shift focus to if Cena can tie Ric Flair's 16 World Championships with Taker's career possibly on the line as well. Cena will win at WM33.

Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman - Universal Title
Roman will recapture the Universal Title from Kevin Owens and Strowman's monster push will continue all the way up to WM33.

Brock Lesnar vs Bill Goldberg
Brock and Goldberg will have an altercation at the Rumble with Lesnar determined to get his win back, culminating in a Lesnar victory at WrestleMania.

Stephanie McMahon vs Ronda Rousey
There is a chance Charlotte could take Stephanie's place. If Stephanie wrestles look for her to have muscle at ringside in the form of Nia Jax.

Shane McMahon vs Dean Ambrose
This one will feature crazy bumps and spots.

HHH vs Seth Rollins
The long gestating feud will culminate at WM33

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho
The long building feud will culminate at WM33

Big Show vs Shaq
This might be made into a tag match with New Day/Shaw vs Big Show/To Be Determined. Expected to be Big Show's final match with WWE.

Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt
Orton will turn face again in time for WM33

Other Notes:
AJ Styles, Finn Balor and Charlotte will all have prominent roles, whether in singles matches or the Andre Battle Royal. Daniel Bryan vs The Miz in a retirement match for Bryan is a possibility. Wrestlers currently expected to finish up their in-ring careers at WM33: Undertaker, Chris Jericho, Big Show, Daniel Bryan, Bill Goldberg, Brock Lesnar (if he doesn't resign, his contract ends at WM33).

Last edited by slik; 12-14-2016 at 04:03 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:38 AM   #74
Mr. Nerfect

Something about it all doesn't seem right. I'm all for Kevin Owens dropping the Universal Title belt, but Braun Strowman in the title picture? Would he win the Royal Rumble to add some credibility to him? Is the idea to turn him into the biggest face in the company by beating Reigns? Sort of like an ironic James Ellsworth type, but with muscles?

There's a lot of McMahon involvement on this show. I'd be very happy if Shane, Stephanie and Triple H stayed right out of the ring for this WrestleMania. Shane was a stop-gap last year because everyone worth a shit was hurt. This year, as of this writing, they are not. Sure, let Shane have a moment on the show and perhaps tease dissension with a SmackDown heel, but there's no need to put him in the ring at this year's WrestleMania.

Truth be told, the only match on that card I really like is Brock vs. Goldberg, but I'd put Goldberg over. Everyone can see the Brock win coming, just like they could "see it" at Survivor Series. I don't ever want Brock to beat Goldie at this point. Especially since The Berg has said he would keep working for as long as Vince is willing to pay him, and he's able to Spear and Jackhammer dudes for a long time yet.

Oh, MAYBE Jericho vs. Owens too. Something about it seems...off though. I like it away from the RAW Title than for it, because something about Jericho, as good as he is, doesn't seem ripe for a World Title match at WrestleMania anymore. But still, I'd be happy if there was something else done with Jericho at WrestleMania.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:06 AM   #75
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

AJ Styles being relegated to the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal would be a fucking joke.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:07 AM   #76
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Also I realllllllllllllllllllly hope they don't shoot their wad by turning Orton face again so soon. He's a billion times better as a heel and him as a Wyatt has been such a breath of fresh air for his character.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #77
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

Outside of Brock vs Goldberg, I don't think anything is clear right now. Mania these days is focused on four or five key matches, the rest is filler to get guys on the show.

You have to think Cena plays a key role. They brought up the whole 16th title win, so this is a logical place to pull the trigger. Just a matter of whether it's against Styles or Taker.

Taker should be in a key match. I think Cena or Orton are the most probable opponents.

Braun vs Roman seems possible, but feels like it would have a similar build as Brock vs Goldberg.

I also feel like Miz vs Daniel Bryan is coming up for this show.

Then you need the girls to be involved in a key match. Charlotte vs Ronda would be amazing if they could pull it off, but my guess is that's a major longshot. Bayley doesn't have the stream I expected she would at this point. She's very blah. But I think she has to be in the title match against either a heel Banks or Charlotte. Lots of time to tell a compelling story though.

So I'm thinking:

Brock vs Goldberg
Styles vs Cena
Taker vs Orton
Miz vs Bryan
Charlotte vs Bayley vs Banks
Stroman vs Reigns

I think they should have Corbin program with Ambrose to set him up for a future title program with Cena.
Old 12-14-2016, 03:59 PM   #78
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

If the title programs end up being as rumored - I imagine Cena will be winning the Rumble, tying him with Austin en route to breaking Flair's record.

However I think it'd be oddly awesome for Strowman to win the whole thing. Not big on WWE going back to their last brand split habit of "guy wins the Rumble only to have a midcard World Title match" but a bona fide heel winning in Strowman would be interesting.

Yeah Triple H was a heel last year but he was getting face return pops and pops because he eliminated Reigns. And Reigns got booed despite the fact that he was meant to be face. Actually don't know what Strowman's reaction would be.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:01 PM   #79
Innovator
Inno Knows.

Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Only things probably written in pen are Goldberg/Lesnar and Rollins/HHH
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #80
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Biker Taker vs. Rappin' John Cena ONLY!!!