TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Old 07-28-2004, 10:03 PM   #1
El Capitano Gatisto
World Class Raconteur

El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)El Capitano Gatisto makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Touching the Void

Just watched this on DVD tonight. Loved it.

It's a documentary, basically, with 3 guys talking over a dramatisation of a mishap they had on a mountain in Peru.

I started off watching it, thinking "mountain climbing looks pretty good", but finished up being put off ever climbing a serious mountain ever.

Both of the men climbing survived against crazy odds, but one of the guys, especially, what he went through to get back was incredible. Stuck in a crevasse halfway up a mountain with a broken leg, and with his mates thinking he was deaded.

Amazing story. Though if you're from Britain, you'll see why I kind of expected Michael Buerk to pop up at any second and ham it up in his most serious voice.

Quote:
From Paul Berne's autobiography:

Damien Gates tried to use me as a way back into football. That dirty English cunt knew his career was finished and he tried to drag me down with him, attempting to keep me up by reminising about the old times. I could see beneath his lies however, right to the point where I just wanted to smack that bastard.

'I knew I hadn't played well that day, I knew the team hadn't performed to his capabilities but by golly, his head shake made me want to destroy his face'

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonErich Lives
I tried to hold her down but she escaped because I'm too sweaty.
El Capitano Gatisto is offline   Reply With Quote