TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > sports forum

Old 12-17-2003, 08:07 AM   #1
Paranoid Rattlesnake
TPWW's OFFICIAL SNAKE

Paranoid Rattlesnake is pretty cool (5,000+)Paranoid Rattlesnake is pretty cool (5,000+)Paranoid Rattlesnake is pretty cool (5,000+)Paranoid Rattlesnake is pretty cool (5,000+)
Chelsea to offer 60 million for Van Nistelrooy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/3327147.stm

Chelsea have hinted that they would pay £60m to lure Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy to Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea's acting chief executive Paul Smith announced his interest in the Dutch ace days after failing in a bid for Arsenal's Thierry Henry.

"If Van Nistelrooy was priced at £60m and we considered it a good investment, then we would probably pay," he said.

But Smith said that a central defender and a midfielder were his priorities in the January transfer window.

Van Nistelrooy is in talks with Manchester United about extending his contract at Old Trafford.

Van Nistelrooy in Man Utd vow
And the 27-year-old, who has scored 96 goals in 124 games for the club, has suggested that he is ready to pledge the rest of his career to United.

But Chelsea may try to muscle in, by waving chairman Roman Abramovich's millions at the Dutchman.

A £60m fee would break the world transfer record of £46.5m paid by Real Madrid to Juventus for Zinedine Zidane.

And Van Nistelrooy could expect a big increase on his present £40,000-a-week salary, although Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is also set to offer him a pay rise.

Chelsea miss out on Henry
Chelsea failed in a £40-50m bid for France striker Henry.

And they seem poised to spend more cash when the transfer window re-opens on New Year's Day.
However, Smith made it clear that the Blues will not be ripped off despite Abramovich's incredible financial resources.

"If Pele was on the market for £100m then we'd maybe go for him, but we won't pay £30m for Joe Nobody," he told the Evening Standard newspaper.

"If Van Nistelrooy was priced at £60m and we considered it a good investment, then we would probably pay that.

"We do care about the money and it's a misconception that we don't. There's not a finite budget but we want to get good value.

"Roman is a businessman and is determined not to get ripped off. We won't pay the tourist price."
Smith confirmed that Chelsea would be looking to bolster an already-strong midfield.

"We're looking to strengthen as Frank Lampard and Claude Makelele are looking a bit tired," he said.

"If Emmanuel Petit and Juan Sebastian Veron were fit there wouldn't be a problem. We need to know when they'll be fit.

"We also like [defender] Roberto Ayala and had a look at him but unfortunately he's cup-tied after playing in the UEFA Cup.

"We want players who are available for our Champions League campaign."

JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'VE GOT THE ANSWERS, I CHANGE THE QUESTIONS
Old 12-17-2003, 08:12 AM   #2
born angry
sirbobby4life

born angry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
whats that smell

oh yeah BULLSHIT
Old 12-17-2003, 08:13 AM   #3
Paranoid Rattlesnake
TPWW's OFFICIAL SNAKE

Paranoid Rattlesnake is pretty cool (5,000+)Paranoid Rattlesnake is pretty cool (5,000+)Paranoid Rattlesnake is pretty cool (5,000+)Paranoid Rattlesnake is pretty cool (5,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by born angry
whats that smell

oh yeah BULLSHIT
Tell your mother to shut her legs then.

Also take it up with the bbc you little tosser
Old 12-17-2003, 08:16 AM   #4
born angry
sirbobby4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Rattlesnake
Tell your mother to shut her legs then.

Also take it up with the bbc you little tosser
I did'nt mean you were talking bullshit i meant the bbc story was shit

but now you've made me angry and trust me you're nit gonna like me when i'm angry

i'll speak to ya soon
Old 12-17-2003, 08:22 AM   #5
born angry
sirbobby4life

p.s. theres nothing little about me i'm a 6'6" brick shithouse and i'll come down to hull and put my hands round your skranny little neck you ****ing geek
Old 12-17-2003, 08:29 AM   #6
Paranoid Rattlesnake
TPWW's OFFICIAL SNAKE

Quote:
p.s. theres nothing little about me i'm a 6'6" brick shithouse and i'll come down to hull and put my hands round your skranny little neck you ****ing geek
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thats if mummy will let you out of newcastle, Oh and it's FUCK not ****
Old 12-17-2003, 08:34 AM   #7
born angry
sirbobby4life

Quote:
Ahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thats if mummy will let you out of newcastle, Oh and it's FUCK not ****

see ya soon
Old 12-17-2003, 08:51 AM   #8
Paranoid Rattlesnake
TPWW's OFFICIAL SNAKE

Quote:
see ya soon
Old 12-17-2003, 08:52 AM   #9
road doggy dogg

LOL

born angry = Ricky minus intelligence

Old 12-17-2003, 08:58 AM   #10
born angry
sirbobby4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by road doggy dogg
LOL

born angry = Ricky minus intelligence
RDD = ME WITHOUT ANY BALLS
Old 12-17-2003, 09:46 AM   #11
Hired Hitman
The Next Great One н²

Hired Hitman has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Hired Hitman has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Hired Hitman has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Hired Hitman has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Hired Hitman has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Hired Hitman has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Hired Hitman has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
sssss
Old 12-17-2003, 11:17 AM   #12
The Duck
D-Unit Founda

The Duck has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)The Duck has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Dude, it's an internet forum.

Anyway, Chelsea are a scummy club who will do all they can to buy they're way to success. Ruud will be MUFC for life.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:19 AM   #13
Paranoid Rattlesnake
TPWW's OFFICIAL SNAKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purpleduck
Dude, it's an internet forum.

Anyway, Chelsea are a scummy club who will do all they can to buy they're way to success. Ruud will be MUFC for life.
I've got a feeling this thread will please DAZZ
Old 12-17-2003, 02:19 PM   #14
Rob
Part time poster

Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Great ANOTHER internet tough guy.

As for RVN, it will cost 60 mill to replace him so what's the point in selling him? Fergie loves him anyway so he won't let him go.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:01 PM   #15
BCWWF
The People's Member

BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)BCWWF is good (20,000+)
Ruud is the man, but I dont like Chelsea spending all this money and taking time away from my man Gujohonson (Spelling check eh?_)
Old 12-18-2003, 01:32 PM   #16
Dazz
IRREPLACEABLE

Dazz has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Dazz has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Dazz has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Dazz has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Dazz has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Dazz has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
Quote:
I've got a feeling this thread will please DAZZ
no it wont.

But if the stories are true, its good that we chose Henry over RvN. Because Ruud wouldn't fit into are team, our strikers score quite a few outside the six yard box. and he'd get sent off loads, as refs would actually book him when he dives.