|05-01-2004, 09:35 PM||#1|
Yeah, I was just thinking about when the NWO first split back in 98. So what was everything that was going on that led to the split and what was the ONE moment that cemented it? I remember Syxx and Nash on a Nitro at the announce booth talking about how Hogan and the rest of the NWO were out in Hollywood partying while they were at Nitro taking care of business. I always thought that was cool when they started choosing sides.
And another ?
Who was on who's side before the actual Wolfpac and Hollywood thing. I know Syxx was with Nash, but was there anyone else backing him? Where was Savage on this? It was a pretty cool time if you ask me.
|05-02-2004, 07:36 AM||#3|
- Nash, Hall, and Syxx came out to the announce booth and after chasing Tony, Mike, and Bobby (who tried jumping over the announce booth I might) complained about Hollywood Hogan and the NWO out partying while they were out here doing business, etc. They told all of the NWO members to be in ??? next week for Nitro and they said they were going to settle a couple of things.
- The next week, a meeting took place in the ring and the the NWO made up thus the break up tease was over...for now.
- Syxx was released from WCW.
- Sting beats Hogan for the WCW title.
- Macho went psycho after Luger beat him up a small package/roll up. Macho put Luger on the ring post and grabbed achair and was preparing to swing but Bischoff stopped him, and got nailed with a clothesline. Hogan and Nash came down, after a brief arguement, Macho pushed Hogan, and Nash clotheslined Macho from behind and walked off. Sting came out, and some other stuff happened I think it ended with Hogan and Macho trying to make a comeback on Luger/Sting but both got the shiit kicked out of them. That ended the show I think.
- The first Thunder, Macho was in the opening match with Chris Adams. Mach had the match won, but Luger came down and rocked Macho with a steel chair and Adams picked up the victory.
*I think J.J. Dillion overturned that decision later on that night and Luger said he wasn't going to take it anymore.
- The title was put up for grabs on Thunder, they would reach a decision soon. Sting spoke for the first time. Macho was the only member absent.
- Luger beat Macho @ Souled Out. Nash and Hogan came out, but Sting and Luger despensed them quickly.
- NWO had another meeting in the ring. Savage was pissed the NWO was not helping him in his feud with Luger. He said Bischoff, Hogan did not care about him. Hogan said he wasn't the important one of the group at the moment, he was. After threatening to get in the ring with a chair Macho left, and nothing was resolved.
- Macho came down and jumped Luger during his match with Scott Hall, and Savage was going to elbow drop Luger (I'm not sure if he was elbow dropping him over and over again for if he had a chair on his head or what). Sting came down from the rafter and in a cool moment drop kicked Savage off the turnbuckle. As Sting locked Savage into the Deathlock Hogan and Hall strolled around the ring, not helping Savage. They both walked to the back.
- Savage lost to Luger at Superbrawl, and Hogan caused the loss I believe, so later that night Macho came out and hit Hogan in the head with spraypaint can and helped Sting win the vacant WCW belt.
- As Sting was getting beat on, Macho tried to come out and help, but to no avail. He quickly got beat down.
- Hogan and Savage fought at Uncensored and then the Disciple got in the ring so it was 2 on 1. Sting came down and then Savage turned on Sting and piledrived him. Hogan tried to make up with Savage but he wasn't having it.
- The next night on Nitro, Hogan tried again, but Macho said no and he also stated he would beat Sting at Spring Stampede. The main event was Hogan/Macho against Luger/Sting. It seemed like Savage had injured Sting and it was going to be 2 on 1, but Sting came via helicopter and Savage yelled "You told me Sting would not be here tonight" and decked Hogan and tried to make a run for it. Sting stopped him and Sting/Luger went on to win the match that night.
- Nash/Hogan began having problems. I think Nash told Hogan to lay off Macho but they were going to go up against Piper and The Giant in a bat match (a bat on a pole) @ Spring Stampede.
- Hogan and Nash defeated Piper/Giant in a bat match. After the match Hogan hit Nash with the bat.
- Savage and Sting fought at Spring Stampede, Nash came out and powerbombed Sting causing Macho to win the belt. After the cameras went off the air as Macho and Nash were walking to the back many of the nwo members including Hogan came out and jumped them and layed them out.
- Macho and Hogan fought for the title. Nash came down and Powerbombed Hoganand The Disciple and Bret Hart came out and grabbed the WCW belt and nailed Nash. Hogan won the title that night.
- The Giant joined NWO Black and White. Giant told Sting he would have to turn to the Black and White. The show ended with Sting looking on in the rafters.
- Sting and Giant beat Hall/Nash for the Tag Titles after Hall turned on Nash at Slamboree.
- The next night giant told Sting to come out and make a decision. He did. He spit in Giants face and as Sting was walking off, Giant jumped Sting. Kevin Nash came out to his aid.
- The next few weeks Luger joined Wolfpack (not sure how), as did Konan, Curt Henning, and Rick Rude.
- Finally the moment came when Sting had to make a decision,as Hogan and Giant beat up Nahs, Sting came down, and ripped up the Sting shirt to reveal Nwo B7W. When Hogan approved he turned around which allowed STing to give him a low blow. He then slammed The Giant.
- Konan was subbing for Curt Henning since he was injured and on crutches. He was going to fight Goldberg for the U.S. title at the Great American Bash.
- Sting and Giant fought to see who would hold the Tag Tittles. STing won. He picked Nash as his partner.
- In an interview before his match Curt and Rick said they were confident Konan would defeat Goldberg He didn't. Aftert he match Rude and Henning jumped Konnan and ripped off the shirt to reveal black and white. And Henning was walking perfectly fine.
- Macho got his knee banged up, which required surgery so he and DDP fought in a cage match. The NWO came out, raised and got in the cage. Hogan put a chair on Mach's leg and Bischoff karate kicked the chair several times. Wolfpac finally got the cage up but it was to late.
And that's how it all started. I'm probably leaving alot of shit out but that's what I remember.
Last edited by CBright7831; 05-02-2004 at 06:09 PM.
|05-02-2004, 12:31 PM||#4|
WOW thanks CB. I got to get a hold of some footage of all this stuff. I can't believe that the night when Syxx, Nash, and Hall were angry with Hogan was so far back from the rest. That would of been cool if the real "Wolfpac" exiled themselves from the NWO. I wonder if they were planning that.
|05-02-2004, 03:54 PM||#5|
Part time poster