TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2003, 05:37 AM   #1
born angry
sirbobby4life
 
Posts: 291
born angry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
HOGAN vs AUSTIN who would the fans cheer for?

HOGAN vs AUSTIN who would the fans cheer for?????????????

i think it would be a lot closer than people think
born angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 06:28 AM   #2
John la Rock
That's how I roll!!!
 
Posts: 4,438
John la Rock is pretty cool (5,000+)John la Rock is pretty cool (5,000+)John la Rock is pretty cool (5,000+)John la Rock is pretty cool (5,000+)
Hogan for sure. that's a no brainer. I'll tell you my reasons later
John la Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 06:29 AM   #3
born angry
sirbobby4life
 
Posts: 291
born angry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John la Rock
Hogan for sure. that's a no brainer. I'll tell you my reasons later
look forward to it but i'd plump for austin
born angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:01 AM   #4
blake639raw
The Iconoclast
 
blake639raw's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,895
blake639raw is pretty cool (5,000+)blake639raw is pretty cool (5,000+)blake639raw is pretty cool (5,000+)blake639raw is pretty cool (5,000+)
I'd probably say Hogan, but it could really go either way. One night it could be Austin, the next it could be Hogan.
blake639raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:55 AM   #5
born angry
sirbobby4life
 
Posts: 291
born angry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Kane
It could be both, it could be a face vs. face match.

They have a match together just to respect each other.

Icon vs. Icon.

Just like the Rock vs. Hogan. This time it will be Stone Cold vs. Hogan.
yeah but in that match rock got booed out of the building
born angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 09:59 AM   #6
Mikey
 
Posts: 4,667
Mikey is pretty cool (5,000+)Mikey is pretty cool (5,000+)Mikey is pretty cool (5,000+)Mikey is pretty cool (5,000+)
I don't think Austin would get booed out of any building
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:00 AM   #7
born angry
sirbobby4life
 
Posts: 291
born angry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
I don't think Austin would get booed out of any building
yeah i agree but neither would hogan
born angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:06 AM   #8
Mikey
 
Posts: 4,667
Mikey is pretty cool (5,000+)Mikey is pretty cool (5,000+)Mikey is pretty cool (5,000+)Mikey is pretty cool (5,000+)
Unless they bring him back as a heel (which I highly doubt)
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:17 AM   #9
born angry
sirbobby4life
 
Posts: 291
born angry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey
Unless they bring him back as a heel (which I highly doubt)
if he comes back as mr america i'll fly to america to boo him lol
born angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:27 AM   #10
born angry
sirbobby4life
 
Posts: 291
born angry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Kane
Neither Hogan or Stone Cold would get booed. Fans love both to death whether they're a heel or not. Remember, back in the Invasion days when Stone Cold was the leader of alliance, toward the end of the angle, Stone Cold kept getting cheers from the crowd even though he was still a heel. So the writers had no choice but to turn him back to a face.

The reason the Rock kept getting booed as a face is that fans are upset about him staying away from wrestling to do movies. The same thing with the Rock getting booed as a face, the writers had no choice but to turn him heel because of a crowd reaction.
i take your point but theres always a fan favorite even in face v face matches

warrior v hogan it was warrior

shawn v bret it was shawn
born angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 11:49 AM   #11
Mr. JL
20-0
 
Posts: 4,683
Mr. JL got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (20,000+)Mr. JL got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (20,000+)Mr. JL got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (20,000+)Mr. JL got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (20,000+)Mr. JL got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (20,000+)Mr. JL got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (20,000+)Mr. JL got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (20,000+)Mr. JL got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (20,000+)
I think the fans will just pop for everything. There will be no Boo's like what happened in the Hogan-Rock match. Just 100% HUGE POPNESS.
Mr. JL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 12:04 PM   #12
John la Rock
That's how I roll!!!
 
Posts: 4,438
John la Rock is pretty cool (5,000+)John la Rock is pretty cool (5,000+)John la Rock is pretty cool (5,000+)John la Rock is pretty cool (5,000+)
I think Hogan will get way better pop than Austin because of 2 reasons.

1. Wrestlemania XX is in Madison Square Garden, the place Hogan won his 1st WWF title. The fans love him everywhere he goes cause of all the great things he has done for the company. He put this damn company on the map and everywhere he goes he gets mad pops cause of nostalgia. People love cheering for the man because 99 % of wrestling fans were Hulkamaniacs growing up.

2. Austin would get a big pop when he comes out but it wouldn't mean shit once the match starts. Want proof, watch Hogan vs Rock at WM X8. Rock was the biggest face and WE booed his sorry ass out of the Skydome.

You can cheer for Austin all you want but I guarantee they'll be at least twice as many Hulkaminacs cheering for Hogan
John la Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:17 PM   #13
The CyNick
Lurkin' Aint Easy
 
Posts: 6,361
The CyNick has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The CyNick has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The CyNick has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The CyNick has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The CyNick has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The CyNick has a great deal of rep (15,000+)The CyNick has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John la Rock
I think Hogan will get way better pop than Austin because of 2 reasons.

1. Wrestlemania XX is in Madison Square Garden, the place Hogan won his 1st WWF title. The fans love him everywhere he goes cause of all the great things he has done for the company. He put this damn company on the map and everywhere he goes he gets mad pops cause of nostalgia. People love cheering for the man because 99 % of wrestling fans were Hulkamaniacs growing up.

2. Austin would get a big pop when he comes out but it wouldn't mean shit once the match starts. Want proof, watch Hogan vs Rock at WM X8. Rock was the biggest face and WE booed his sorry ass out of the Skydome.

You can cheer for Austin all you want but I guarantee they'll be at least twice as many Hulkaminacs cheering for Hogan
I disagree

Rock was already getting booed in some towns because he was satrting his movie career, and people just were getting tired of his act. Watch the build to WM X-Seven, he was getting booed then as well.

I think Austin is different from Rock, I think if he were to do a promo against Hogan, he would have the fans on his side. Hogan comes off as a relic from the past whereas Austin is more of an in your face ass kicker, that I think fans would get behind.

I'm, not saying its a guarantee either way, but I would put my money on Austin getting more cheers.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:23 PM   #14
Kenny
Luke 15:11-32
 
Kenny's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,938
Kenny does not have that much rep yet (10+)
I'd have to go with Austin simply because I believe when it comes to Wrestling Austin passed Hogan up with crowd support.

Hogan made wrestling in the early 90's... Austin may very well be the reason most of the people here are watching it now. Austin is the main reason the WWF took over the ratings war against the WCW after they brought in the nWo... and Austin drew A TON of fans into the product.

Even when Austin was a heel the crowd had a very rough time accepting the fact that he was in fact a heel. Every time that glass breaks the crowd goes extremely wild.

A lot of people liked Hogan, and the crowd was really into his matches. But I think the crowd was more passionate over Austin. Every time he hits the stunner the crowd goes insane. He has the crowd from beginning to end simply by being in the ring.

The Rock got boo'd out of the building but I think that had a lot to do with The Rock's character getting old. The Rock also got boo'd against Lesnar... and the crowd was half against him when he wrestled Flair on Raw. Also The Rock "selling out" to do movies had something to do with that.

It would be interesting to see but I'd have to believe the crowd would go with Austin.
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:25 PM   #15
Noid
01/05/08
 
Posts: 28,783
Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)Noid is having sex with your girlfriend and her slightly more attractive sister (100,000+)
I think Hogan would get a better reaction. Stone Cold/Hogan was the dream match I always wanted to see. I think the fans would cheer for anything that happened in that match. Austin fans tend to be more loyal than Rock fans, so he shouldn't get booed out of the building. Nor should Hogan.
Noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 04:31 PM   #16
Vega
Only Sane Person Here
 
Vega's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,988
Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
Hogan would. It would be great to see at least.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:43 AM   #17
born angry
sirbobby4life
 
Posts: 291
born angry does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick
I disagree

Rock was already getting booed in some towns because he was satrting his movie career, and people just were getting tired of his act. Watch the build to WM X-Seven, he was getting booed then as well.

I think Austin is different from Rock, I think if he were to do a promo against Hogan, he would have the fans on his side. Hogan comes off as a relic from the past whereas Austin is more of an in your face ass kicker, that I think fans would get behind.

I'm, not saying its a guarantee either way, but I would put my money on Austin getting more cheers.
i could'nt agree more
born angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:48 AM   #18
moshingfreak
Ben E. Hana
 
moshingfreak's Avatar
 
Posts: 710
moshingfreak does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Hogan BECAUSE AMERICANS ARE STUPID AND THEY FALL FOR ANYTHING!!!
moshingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 10:48 AM   #19
c4g2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. JL
I think the fans will just pop for everything. There will be no Boo's like what happened in the Hogan-Rock match. Just 100% HUGE POPNESS.
Exactly what I think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:49 PM   #20
Stickman
Stickman
 
Stickman's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,431
Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Stickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny5682
I'd have to go with Austin simply because I believe when it comes to Wrestling Austin passed Hogan up with crowd support.

Hogan made wrestling in the early 90's... Austin may very well be the reason most of the people here are watching it now. Austin is the main reason the WWF took over the ratings war against the WCW after they brought in the nWo... and Austin drew A TON of fans into the product.

Even when Austin was a heel the crowd had a very rough time accepting the fact that he was in fact a heel. Every time that glass breaks the crowd goes extremely wild.

A lot of people liked Hogan, and the crowd was really into his matches. But I think the crowd was more passionate over Austin. Every time he hits the stunner the crowd goes insane. He has the crowd from beginning to end simply by being in the ring.

The Rock got boo'd out of the building but I think that had a lot to do with The Rock's character getting old. The Rock also got boo'd against Lesnar... and the crowd was half against him when he wrestled Flair on Raw. Also The Rock "selling out" to do movies had something to do with that.

It would be interesting to see but I'd have to believe the crowd would go with Austin.
You gotta remember, everytime Flair wrestles the crowd is at least half on his side.
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 12:52 PM   #21
StoneColdStunner
 
Posts: 102
StoneColdStunner does not have that much rep yet (10+)
i would cheer for Hogan.
StoneColdStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 01:08 PM   #22
ColdwaVer
Darth Teedious
 
ColdwaVer's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,634
ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)ColdwaVer is a chill bro (7,500+)
I don't think Austin would get booed, but I think Hogan would get bigger pops for a number of reasons, but mostly because Hogan goes back further and appeals to the child, idealist, and mark in every wrestling fan's heart. SOMEWHERE, I think anyone who has ever been a fan of wrestling gets some sort of tingle for the song "Real American," for hulking up, and even the big fucking legdrop, whether they want to or not. Not as many fans get that for the shattering glass, middle fingers, beer toasting and stunners IMO.
ColdwaVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:32 AM   #23
Corkscrewed
 
Corkscrewed's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,053
Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Corkscrewed has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I'd cheer for Austin.

If I had to choose who'd get cheered more, I'd pick Austin, since the fans may be tired of Hogan disappearing and then coming back and then disappearing again.
Corkscrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®