TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 03-16-2004, 12:23 AM   #1
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
X-Play

Okay, so technically it's a TV show, so this might belong in the TV Forum, but...

Do you guys watch "X-Play" on TechTV? I never watch anything on that channel except for Adam and Morgan. I just got into this show, and it's the best thing ever for a game geek like me. Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Loopydate, you are the pinnacle of too-muchery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azriel
Loopy, where you come up with this stuff? I swear I wish I could suck the funny out of you and use it for my own diabolical purposes
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopydate View Post
*Waves to CANADIAN*

Sadly, the old days are gone, my friend.

*Sews Shaggy's head back on*

This is what we're dealing with now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poit View Post
I feel like I just read a Noid post covered in the semen of dreams.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:27 AM   #2
Shaggy
Yipee Kai Yay!!!

Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Shaggy has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
I watch this show everyday after school. Its one of the must watch shows in my life. Everyday I have to watch it even if its a re-run. Also if you have digital cable you should check out G4. Its a tv channel dedicated to video games 24-7. Its great. It has a show just like X-Play called Judgement Day.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 12:36 AM   #3
loopydate

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I wish I had G4. It looks very cool.

Did you catch the Golden Mullet Awards?
Old 03-16-2004, 12:42 AM   #4
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
I used to be able to watch xplay and g4. Now since I moved, I don't get those channels. No digital cable box
LoDownM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 03:14 AM   #5
MrMeJW

MrMeJW is "reptacular" (2,500+)MrMeJW is "reptacular" (2,500+)MrMeJW is "reptacular" (2,500+)
I watched xplay when I lived at home but I always hated how corny the humor was on it. I am getting digital cable up in my apartment wed. and i think they get G4 so I'll check it out
MrMeJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 07:34 AM   #6
The Forgotten One
Thread Killer

The Forgotten One has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)The Forgotten One has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
I watch xplay to see Morgan.
The Forgotten One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #7
loopydate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Forgotten One
I watch xplay to see Morgan.
Agreed. Morgan Webb is the epitome of "geeky hot."
Old 03-16-2004, 04:09 PM   #8
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Too bad she's got all the charisma of a dead fish.

Anyways, yeah, I watch X-Play whenever I can. Unfortunately, that isn't very often anymore, since my college doesn't have cable in the dorms. Still, it's nice to check it out when I'm home for the occasional weekend.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:03 PM   #9
loopydate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
Too bad she's got all the charisma of a dead fish.
That's being a little harsh. I mean, dead fish have zero charisma.

She's got at LEAST twice that!

Old 03-21-2004, 04:28 PM   #10
Purgatory
You're Welcome.

Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Aside from the lame humor , it's just a cool show. Their reviews are just hilarious sometimes. However, Adam and Morgan's segment called 'Intern Racing' that was on awhile back, was just funny.

Overall, a decent show. Although, G4 also has some great shows as well.
Purgatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 04:43 AM   #11
The Diva
~Dangerwhore~

The Diva has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)The Diva has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Since my cable company is to ignorant to provide me with G4 I have to live with X-Play. It's the only VG show I get and I still only watch it when I don't have anything better to do because it is a horrible show. I thought the woman who did it back when it was Extended Play was as bad as they get, that was until Morgan came along, she should've been fired after they took her off The ScreenSavers. But with their stupid skits and drab personalities aside, their reviews are bad, just plain bad. Most of the time they don't even play through the whole thing, just get as far as possible in the 15 minutes til their brains shut down, unless of course they are playing an awful game, then you bet your ass it will get a 5 out of 5.
The Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 08:38 PM   #12
CANADIAN

CANADIAN does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Ummm... Your wrong.
CANADIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:19 PM   #13
xXxClouderxXx
Stoned Metal Guitarist

xXxClouderxXx has done some stupid things
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoDownM
I used to be able to watch xplay and g4. Now since I moved, I don't get those channels. No digital cable box
i believe the only way u can have techtv and g4 is if u have comcast digital cable. from what i know comcast is the only ones who airs g4 and that really sux...
xXxClouderxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 06:35 PM   #14
xXxClouderxXx
Stoned Metal Guitarist

xXxClouderxXx has done some stupid things
!!SHES PERFECT!! (for me anyways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopydate
Agreed. Morgan Webb is the epitome of "geeky hot."
OMG! i was in love with morgan for the first 6 months of the show. SHES PERFECT! she is a very hot and sexy nerd who gets paid to play video games. i mean cmon u gotta admit if your a video game geek like me u would put a ring on this bitches finger quick. for the first 6 months the show was on I would just look at her not hearing nothing shes really saying just thinking to myself "god i bet she can give great head" "hmm i bet her nipples r small and brown" but now i can actully watch the show and listen to what there talking about insted of just day dreaming of morgan..

. . . 4 : 2 0
xXxClouderxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:08 PM   #15
CANADIAN

CANADIAN does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxClouderxXx
OMG! i . for the first 6 months the show was on I would just look at her not hearing nothing shes really saying just thinking to myself "god i bet she can give great head" "hmm i bet her nipples r small and brown" but now i can actully watch the show and listen to what there talking about insted of just day dreaming of morgan..

. . . 4 : 2 0
CANADIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 02:07 AM   #16
Nowhere Man
Now. Here. Man.

Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Nowhere Man got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANADIAN
What he said....or, ummm, smileyed, or whatever.

As for The Diva's remarks, you must be watching a different show than us, because most of the reviews I've seen from the show are pretty much spot on. Their view on the games is a lot different than most others because they cater more towards the casual gamers instead of the die-hard elite like most gaming sites and magazines. And while Morgan doesn't seem to know a damn thing about what she's saying, at least Adam seems to. And I don't know what the hell games you consider great, but if your "awful" games are the ones that are getting 5 out of 5, then you've probably got some pretty fucked up taste in gaming, since they only reserve that for stuff like Kotor (when you get me to play an RPG, you know it's good) or Ninja Gaiden. Yeah, the humor is usually pretty crappy, and Morgan irritates the hell out of me, but the actual reviews are pretty damn accurate.
Nowhere Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 03:14 AM   #17
Vega
Only Sane Person Here

Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)Vega has a great deal of rep (15,000+)
I've seen the show 2 or 3 times, Morgan is fucking hot.
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 08:07 AM   #18
Purgatory
You're Welcome.

Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Purgatory puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
i believe the only way u can have techtv and g4 is if u have comcast digital cable. from what i know comcast is the only ones who airs g4 and that really sux...
Time Warner Digital airs them both.

It's a shame that regular cable doesn't have these two channels, really.
Purgatory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 06:27 AM   #19
The Diva
~Dangerwhore~

The Diva has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)The Diva has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhere Man
What he said....or, ummm, smileyed, or whatever.

As for The Diva's remarks, you must be watching a different show than us, because most of the reviews I've seen from the show are pretty much spot on. Their view on the games is a lot different than most others because they cater more towards the casual gamers instead of the die-hard elite like most gaming sites and magazines. And while Morgan doesn't seem to know a damn thing about what she's saying, at least Adam seems to. And I don't know what the hell games you consider great, but if your "awful" games are the ones that are getting 5 out of 5, then you've probably got some pretty fucked up taste in gaming, since they only reserve that for stuff like Kotor (when you get me to play an RPG, you know it's good) or Ninja Gaiden. Yeah, the humor is usually pretty crappy, and Morgan irritates the hell out of me, but the actual reviews are pretty damn accurate.

Ok, the thing about sites and magazines catering to the 'die-hard elite gamers': It's because they are the people that actual spend all the time on their sites, pay for their subscriptions, etc. same goes for the magazines and that's who you want to market to. As for their reviews, they are bad, their biasedness usually comes in. I mean Tony Hawk Underground got a what, 4 or so? that was my least favorite game of the series and the load times on the PS2 version are some of the worst. Then there are things like Fatal Frame 2, Soul Calibur 2, and Viewtiful Joe which were just bad games, there was this really horrible game they gave a 5 out of 5 and praised up the ass the name escapes me at the moment though. They are right on sometimes, though it's not like it's hard to give KotOR a high score, anybody who has played it can tell you how hot it is. Yes I can be given the 'but that's in your own opinion' shit but we all know that is just a waste of time to argue about.

The thing about the show that is the worst is as I said before, the biasedness of it, Adam will review a game, rave about it, obviously a fan boy, said the only thing is the not so great loading time that brings it down but it can be overlooked, then other times he just reviews it half-assedly and says the loading time is kinda bad '2 out of 5' or something like that, though they could have the exact same specs. When I play a game, I base it on you know the actual game, I liked the first Fatal Frame and Soul Calibur, the sequels sucked though, I'm know for being an uber Legacy of Kain fan, yet after waiting for Defiance and actually playing it I was a little... not completely satisfied. Also Adam claiming to dislike RPG's is annoying, he reviews alot of them and usually gives them good scores, more biasedness. And I was serious before about the 15 minute thing, in most games that seems to be where all the footage is from, or footage we've seen before from the trailors or what have you. Even my little 14 year old brother knows the show is ignorant.

I've been doing this video game thing for a long time buddy, don't give me WWE: Crush Hour and tell me it's Twisted Metal.
The Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:46 AM   #20
loopydate

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diva
And I was serious before about the 15 minute thing, in most games that seems to be where all the footage is from, or footage we've seen before from the trailors or what have you.
I think that's more of a developers thing than an X-Play thing, though.

I doubt they'd want them to air TOO much extra game footage at the risk of spoiling the game.

Besides, what trailer for Star Wars Galaxies showed a Wookiee getting killed by a butterfly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Diva
Also Adam claiming to dislike RPG's is annoying, he reviews alot of them and usually gives them good scores, more biasedness.
How is this bias? If he were biased against RPGs, he would give them bad scores. Must be pretty good if someone who dislikes the genre gives them a good score.

BTW, tonight's ep was pretty funny.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:58 AM   #21
loopydate

^

Sorry for the rant. Not intending to sound snotty or anything. I just really like the show (as has everyone else I've watched it with - at least the gamers) and have a hard time understanding how someone couldn't.

But, again, it's just an opinion.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:03 AM   #22
LoDownM
Retired Prolly.

LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)LoDownM puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Adelphia airs them both here
LoDownM is offline   Reply With Quote