PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Raw has the potential to be good tonight???

Splaya
12-08-2003, 09:31 AM
I think that if booked correctly RAW could be the best one of the year. With Foley's reemergence as Co-GM to Eric Bischoff ratings could really go up. Whereas most people will not support this theory I say have Foley in half the show again just like last week. If I were Vince I would really want to see if Foley could carry the ratings. Also, send Kane on a vicious rampage before his main event with Goldberg. It would add so much to Kane's character if this was done. A chokeslam here, a chokeslam there, even a Tombstone to a very established face (maybe Shawn Michaels). It'll be interesting to see if they continue the Steiner-Test-Stacy feud because Mick said that everything was done just to show that Eric had a power struggle. Was it just for the firings that that was said, or is the contract really killed is my question? And by far the biggest question that we are all going to be wondering....How will the Jericho/Trish angle play out tonight. Me along with pretty much everyone else is just praying for it to be the teen angle and not some crappy role to establish him as a heel. His character is very stale and he needs this fresh face turn. Now if he turns face though, Triple Gay needs to stay heel. The reason why Jericho can not be pushed to this main event status that he deserves is because he is a heel and so is Triple Gay. I mean I like HHH it's just him being the main eventer for the past 150 Monday night RAW's has gotten overly repetitive and cheap.

Tell me how u think RAW should be booked tonight

KaliKot
12-08-2003, 09:37 AM
of course! every raw has the potential to be great. But this raw with all the build up just might be IT!

Nowhere Man
12-08-2003, 09:54 AM
To slightly alter an old quote from Terry Funk, "every show is a great one until it starts." There's really no telling if it'll be good or bad. I'm hoping for the former, but I wouldn't be shocked if the latter was the case.

Anyways, Goldberg/Kane could be somewhat interesting for the 5 minutes that it lasts before HHH interferes.

The CyNick
12-08-2003, 12:38 PM
To slightly alter an old quote from Terry Funk, "every show is a great one until it starts." There's really no telling if it'll be good or bad. I'm hoping for the former, but I wouldn't be shocked if the latter was the case.

Anyways, Goldberg/Kane could be somewhat interesting for the 5 minutes that it lasts before HHH interferes.

Actually I think HHH is busy with his movie stuff, and there was a good chance he would have to miss the show. If he is there, I agree that Goldberg-Kane will battle for a while and then HHH will drop them both with a sledge.

This show should focus a lot of Jericho and Trsih and where that whole deal is going. They need to build some matches out of this fued for the PPV, so they really need to shoot a good angle tonight.

It'll also be interesting to see how Foley interacts with some of the younger talent, and if he can get them over to any degree.

I dont know what to think, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Chis and Trish, but I dont really want to see GOldberg-Kane, so I dont think it'll be a blow away show. However, the past few shows have been at least decent, so it should be alright.

Rammsteinmad
12-08-2003, 01:20 PM
Should be good. :y:

Kane Knight
12-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Raw's been better by and large of late, so I'm hoping the show is hot. I won't be too horribly surprised if it sucks though, because the Raw staff does seem to have an issue with the possibility of too much quality in a show.

I'm hoping that the Foley return is part of something bigger, and not just a cheap ratings upswing. Experience would indicate a heavy probability of it being one tho.

Ricky
12-08-2003, 01:33 PM
Expect the worst, hope for the best.

Raw's been better by and large of late, so I'm hoping the show is hot. I won't be too horribly surprised if it sucks though, because the Raw staff does seem to have an issue with the possibility of too much quality in a show.

I'm hoping that the Foley return is part of something bigger, and not just a cheap ratings upswing. Experience would indicate a heavy probability of it being one tho.
I read somewhere earlier that the Foley thing isn't permenant and that it's just to help set up Stone Cold's return.

Kane Knight
12-08-2003, 01:53 PM
I read somewhere earlier that the Foley thing isn't permenant and that it's just to help set up Stone Cold's return.

WHAAAAAT?

You mean Foley's just on temporarily?

Shock!

Seriously, his history has made that one pretty obvious.

But it being temporary doesn't make a difference as to whether it's a ratings grab (Cheap pop), or if it's actually gonna be worth the hype.

Azriel
12-08-2003, 03:08 PM
I think it definitely does. Last week was awesome. I'm really interested on what they do with the Jericho/Trish situation now.

Loose Cannon
12-08-2003, 03:14 PM
Yeah I think it should be decent tonight. I intersted in a couple of things right now. First is Randy Orton and his, "I'm better then everyone else" character. Sceond is the develpment of Cade and Jindrack into full fledged heels. And last is the Jericho/Trish storyline. I read on wrestlingplanet.com that HHH is going to try and make tonights show, so if he does, you can expect him to interfere in the main event. I woudn't mind that though as I've have been liking HHH these last few months as part of Evolution.

StoneColdStunner
12-08-2003, 03:36 PM
I think it definitely does. Last week was awesome. I'm really interested on what they do with the Jericho/Trish situation now.

:y:

The Show Off
12-08-2003, 06:22 PM
No matter what happens any night that I can watch Mic Foley will be a good night.

Mikey
12-08-2003, 08:39 PM
I agree. Foley was a great way to spice up Raw and make it very entertaining

wrestling_god
12-08-2003, 09:19 PM
so is this the official raw thread???

Kane Knight
12-08-2003, 09:28 PM
so is this the official raw thread???

Yup. I will ban anyone who posts about Raw outside of this thread.

c4g2
12-09-2003, 12:51 AM
Yep, Foley is tempopary. He'll be gone when Austin is back, but can return anytime.

Corkscrewed
12-09-2003, 04:10 AM
I seriously thought they said they had a really cool way of bringing back Austin without making his match seem a waste, and that they were keeping it secret. If this petition ends up being it, then the writers have sunk to a new intellectual low.

SUPREMO
02-27-2004, 01:55 PM
yes raw is going to be good tonight im really lookin forward to the goldberg v kane match but hhh will interfere

MVP
02-27-2004, 03:04 PM
Shut the **** up.

SUPREMO
02-27-2004, 04:24 PM
y dnt u bitch

Corkscrewed
02-27-2004, 04:29 PM
:wtf: