PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlemania 22 main event

TrentDRUGFREE
02-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Does anyone else recall the internet forums and dirt sheets "confirming" a Triple H win in the weeks leading up to the event, all the way up to the night?
Could just be my mind deluding me and obviously we shouldn't believe everything we read here but I was certain he was going over that night and I feel the internet is to blame?

Anybody Thrilla
02-25-2010, 12:12 PM
If they really wanted Triple H to win, he would have. It's not the internet's 'fault'.

TrentDRUGFREE
02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
No no no, I never meant it like that, I was just curious if anyone remembers it being posted as a spoiler.

Team Sheep
02-25-2010, 12:19 PM
WWE change things constantly. They wouldn't have had Triple H to win set in stone for weeks before the show.

Xero
02-25-2010, 12:20 PM
WWE changes things and sets out red herring spoilers all the time. You should never take any rumor or "spoiler" 100% seriously, even from major sites.

Anybody Thrilla
02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
No no no, I never meant it like that, I was just curious if anyone remembers it being posted as a spoiler.

Then what are you even wanting to discuss here?

Xero
02-25-2010, 12:27 PM
"Do you remember a news story that was posted 4 years ago" I think is what he's going for.

Anybody Thrilla
02-25-2010, 12:31 PM
I feel the internet is to blame?

It's not the internet's 'fault'.

No no no, I never meant it like that...

.....oh

TrentDRUGFREE
02-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Life less serious man

Tyler Killer
02-25-2010, 12:44 PM
These people ar rarely correct with the garbage that comes out of their mouths. Half the shit Ryan Clarke posts on the news boards is bullshit, just something for that bum to do with his free time.

addy2hotty
02-25-2010, 02:19 PM
lol

James Steele
02-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Triple H should have won, but I digress.

Jeritron
02-25-2010, 03:39 PM
I have a hard time believing they were looking to have Triple H win at any point. The entire main event seemed tailor made to get Cena more over.
It was very early in Cena's run as the top company guy, and he had just been established as such. In fact, I think the win over HHH was one of the biggest things in establishing him as "the torch bearer."
My bet would be that it was the plan all along.

Either way it's old news and doesn't matter much.

Mr. Nerfect
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I agree 100% with Jeritron. Never for a second did I think that Triple H was going to win. Nor did I think Shawn Michaels had a chance the following year. The established guys were setting up the golden boy. Cena had a bit of a streak going at WrestleMania going, too. At the time, it didn't make sense to end this against Triple H.

I'm proud to call myself part of the IWC. I think we're loyal fans in our own way, and that we love the business even if the product doesn't live up to our expectations -- and we only have those expectations because of something the industry has given us in the past. But we do not have the power to "confirm" Triple H winning a title. We don't write the shows. We can only guess, and if you put too much stock in rumours, you are going to make things difficult for yourself.

This is why I knew John Cena would win at WrestleMania 22, and this is why I was not surprised in the slightest by his return in the 2008 Royal Rumble.

GD
02-25-2010, 03:58 PM
As far as I remember, Stephanie was going to or had given birth to a baby daughter and Hunter was willing to spend more time with the family. Hence, John Cena kept the WWE title.

Jeritron
02-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Looking back on it, that was actually an interesting couple months in WWE. Cena was at the height of his hatred with the fans. It was before they drove away the ones that boo, and brought in the kids.

It was also right at a juncture where Edge was getting huge, and DX was being brought back. Not to mention the beginning of the ECW experiment, and RVD winning the title.
That was all actually pretty exciting for a while.

I remember my friend who hadn't watched wrestling in years calling me during a Raw where Edge and Cena were fueding, RVD was chasing the title, ECW invasion was gearing up, and DX was newly reunited. "Dude, wrestling is good again."

ImpactPlayer365
02-25-2010, 09:47 PM
yeah...there was also a spoiler saying HHH was going to win the Rumble this year....and here we are. Just use logic.

FourFifty
02-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Law-jick? Does the interwebs REALLY know about that funny sounding word?

St. Jimmy
02-25-2010, 10:12 PM
FUCKING INTERNET COST TRIPLE H THE TITLE WHAT THE FUCK.