PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Ladies - Morley and Roxxi released

Xero
03-05-2010, 03:31 PM
From PWInsider:

Sean Morley and Roxxi are the latest names gone from TNA.

Roxxi hadn't worked for the company since breaking her ankle in December 2009 during the New Year's Eve Knockout Impact taping. I am told she was not under contract during her most recent run.

Morley finished up at the last TV Taping, where he pinned Jeff Jarrett in a Falls Count Anywhere match backstage. On his Facebook page, Morley wrote that the departure was due to Morley taking dates in Mexico. Morley wrote, "Yes folks, I am now through for now with TNA as I want to wrestle in Mexico. I was going to perform in both TNA and CMLL but now with the switch to Mondays for TNA, and the fact that TNA had nothing solid yet, Mexico here I come!"

Morley debuted during the live Impact in January.

Tazz Dan
03-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Yet the Nasty Boys still have a job. :nono:

Jeritron
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM
A lot of the time we see guys have shorter stints than this as far as being on television is concerned, but how often do we see a release this quickly?

Lock Jaw
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM
<div style="background:#000000; color:#ffffff; padding:10px; text-align:justify; font-family:'Courier New', Courier, monospace; font-size:12px; background-image:url(http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9126/nurplestaticbrightaz4.gif)">Why would any respectable man wish to go to Mexico? I suspect this Sean Morely may be involved in the drug trade. I hope the local constabulary does something about this.

thedamndest
03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Looked like they were just going to use him like Diet Val Venis so it's probably better for their booking that this happened.

Jimmy Cones
03-05-2010, 04:39 PM
poor noid

Shadow
03-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Ouch...that's a surprise.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Weird -- I would have guessed that Sean Morley would have been a guy trimmed just because he was basically an extra player and he's not a draw nor is he involved in any major angle. But to hear that he went over Jeff Jarrett on iMPACT!? I know Jarrett has been used to put guys over using the "ring rust" gimmick, but that's a step in a positive direction for Morley (although the tired character isn't).

KayfabeMan
03-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Jeff Jarrett should NEVER be getting pinned by Morley.

Additionally, NO ONE should ever be booking Morley. He is just the shits. Plain / simple.

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Oh, KayfabeMan. You were one of my favourites. :'(

Mr. Nerfect
03-06-2010, 10:12 AM
I can get where you're coming from, though. I think Morley is talented as hell (one of the best sellers in the business, which you would hope he would be, given how much he has had to do it over the years), but given how he has been treated, it's just hard to take the man seriously.

The best way to use him, besides as a road agent, is to have him completely shed the character he has been playing, and to really push him as the guy he is. Preferably against smaller guys first, so he can believeably cut them down and muscle them around.

At least he will get to go down 2-0 in TNA. :shifty:

mike adamle
03-07-2010, 04:07 AM
I can get where you're coming from, though. I think Morley is talented as hell (one of the best sellers in the business, which you would hope he would be, given how much he has had to do it over the years), but given how he has been treated, it's just hard to take the man seriously.

The best way to use him, besides as a road agent, is to have him completely shed the character he has been playing, and to really push him as the guy he is. Preferably against smaller guys first, so he can believeably cut them down and muscle them around.

At least he will get to go down 2-0 in TNA. :shifty:

Sorry Noid, he lost against Desmond Wolfe, 2-1 isn't too bad though, and Wolfe is a good loss to have.

Supreme Olajuwon
03-07-2010, 05:46 AM
yes his RPI was solid with a decent strength of schedule

Jeritron
03-07-2010, 06:13 AM
What is likely to be Sean Morley's last match in a major promotion took place in a bathroom. Nice.

The Pope
03-07-2010, 09:03 AM
Because they flushed his career good bye

erickman
03-07-2010, 10:07 AM
What is likely to be Sean Morley's last match in a major promotion took place in a bathroom. Nice.

ahh hopefuly ether tna or wwe will let him do a guest match before he retires.

Snowden
03-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Whats worse is that he (Morley) went over Daniels a few months ago, and now has promptly been cut. Shows how they feel about a guy who main evented their PPV a few months ago.

Mr. Nerfect
03-08-2010, 12:22 AM

And he got to pin a 10-15-time World Heavyweight Champion. I think we'll see Sean Morley in the WWE at some point. Probably only as a road agent, though. He might appear on-air with a PG gimmick that ultimately goes nowhere, though.