PDA

View Full Version : HBK/Taker WM Ending

Cuse8
03-21-2010, 02:17 PM
First post here long time reader but I wanted to see what everyone else thought about this:

Once it was announced that it would be a NO DQ match, the first thing that I thought of was HHH was going to turn heel and cost HBK this match. I can see them running an angle where HHH was sick of carrying HBK esp after their recent loses, hes sick of DX etc etc. So then HBK's career is "over" until some swerve happens where he comes back and fueds with HHH maybe around summerslam. Thoughts?

Stealth-Icon
03-21-2010, 02:22 PM
No

tjmidnight420
03-21-2010, 02:33 PM
No

James Steele
03-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Anything other than a clean finish to this match would be a disservice to Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and the wrestling fans.

The MAC
03-21-2010, 02:38 PM
it will be a clean finish with taker winning- shawn retires. shawn comes back at summerslam for one last dance with taker..shawn beats taker... life goes on.

Xero
03-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I still think it'll be the Hell's Gate finish where Michaels just passes out. It can't be a 100% decisive victory for Taker if Michaels is ever going to return to wrestle.

From a logic standpoint, anyway.

ImpactPlayer365
03-21-2010, 03:00 PM
If something that stupid happens i'll stop watching WWE...at least for awhile haha

Sixx
03-21-2010, 03:00 PM
I've asked that a couple of times but don't think I ever got an answer:

Did anyone every actually retire after losing a "career match"?

jskinnyg
03-21-2010, 03:15 PM
I still think it'll be the Hell's Gate finish where Michaels just passes out. It can't be a 100% decisive victory for Taker if Michaels is ever going to return to wrestle.

From a logic standpoint, anyway.

That would be ok with me... Of course after 37 Sweet Chins and 48 tombstones...

Londoner
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
I've asked that a couple of times but don't think I ever got an answer:

Did anyone every actually retire after losing a "career match"?

Ric Flair? Oh wait a min...

Savio
03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
well you got to think that after 48 tombstones you just kind of adapt to them.

jskinnyg
03-21-2010, 03:23 PM
well you got to think that after 48 tombstones you just kind of adapt to them.

True dat...

Brigstocke
03-21-2010, 04:11 PM
In fairness I doubt even the WWE would put an ageing great like Michaels over by ending Takers streak. It would be completely pointless.

The only way the streak will end if indeed it does will be to put across a young star who can offer the company years of service.

In saying that I feel Taker has done enough for the company in his tenure that he should be allowed the honour of retiring streak intact. From what I have read about Mark Callaway as a person and a professional. I doubt any pro who has worked with him would deny him that.

The Franchise
03-21-2010, 04:18 PM
I hope Taker beats Michaels with a Sweet Chin Music

The Franchise
03-21-2010, 04:19 PM
Like nothing Taker does can beat Michaels so he has to use HBKs very own move. Although that might look ridiculous

I like Xeros idea of HBK passing out ala Austin @ Mania 13. I hope it is something worthy of JR screaming BAH GAWD

Gerard
03-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Anything other than a clean finish to this match would be a disservice to Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, and the wrestling fans.

So its pretty much set in stone then? :lol:

Sixx
03-21-2010, 05:32 PM

He's taller, he'd probably just ruin his comb over.

6-String King
03-21-2010, 05:55 PM
I bet somehow Bret Hart has to come out and be a special enforcer/ref. Say the original ref gets knocked out. Though Taker gets a clean win. HBK will blame Hart, saying he did a quick count based on an old grudge.

Savio
03-21-2010, 08:06 PM
I think it would be awesome if he beat him with the stunner.

Shadrick
03-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Figure Four, Switched to Hells Gate. Bret screws Shawn "Ring the damn bell!"

Mr. C
03-22-2010, 01:25 AM
I see Shawn Michaels taking time off until the Slammy Awards at the end of the year. He’s present to accept the match of the year award again. CM Punk interrupts and puts Michaels to sleep. The following Friday night on SmackDown, Punk explains what his problem is with Michaels.

Punk is built up to be the favorite to take the Royal Rumble, but Michaels eliminates him from the Rumble, then asks for a match with Punk at WrestleMania. Everybody remembers that Undertaker put Michaels into his retirement, so Michaels is ordered to confront Undertaker and seek his permission. After several segments, Undertaker finally gives Michaels the opportunity to take on Punk at WrestleMania.

I only suggest that because if Michaels’ career is over after losing to Undertaker, he’ll need a feud to come back or else he’ll look like he’s pulling a retirement like Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, and Ric Flair. The build when Undertaker finally grants him his match could be classic.

Mr. Nerfect
03-22-2010, 01:31 AM
To be honest, I don't hate that idea. I know people want a clean finish and all that, but it's not really going to be the end of Michaels for more than a few months, and The Undertaker is still going to be around. Triple H using that to turn heel is about the only thing that would really work, it would legitimately piss people off, and make them want to see Triple H killed again. It also writes off Shawn Michaels in a "he got screwed" kind of way, and it allows them to build to Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXVII (you know they want to do it), and eventually even The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels again (probably not at WrestleMania, though).

That being said, my vision of the match sees Shawn Michaels in the Hell's Gate. A technical submission victory for Taker ends it in a different method to last year's match, which gives them closure. I could see HBK passing out to the move, but to be honest, I could also see him tapping. I can just imagine JR on commentary (even though he says he won't be) screaming "BAH GAWD! Shawn Michaels just tapped his career away!" It puts over The Undertaker and his submission finisher huge and then there is no doubt about the finish of the match. It is all concrete. And then HBK returns later this year. :shifty:

The MAC
03-22-2010, 02:01 AM
undertaker puts shawn in the sharpshooter. He taps then returns 12 years later

Brock
03-22-2010, 04:15 AM
it will be taker to win.. then hhh can screw hbk.. then wm27 hhh vs hbk career threatening match.. hbk loss.. cry and cry on raw just like on flair.. and to the undertaker? goldberg should return.. challenges taker at mania 27.. the guy that never loss in 1 on 1 match vs the guy that never loss at wrestlemania.. then goldberg ends the streak.. hbk and taker are going to the hall of fame.. then so on!

Juan
03-22-2010, 04:17 AM
it will be taker to win.. then hhh can screw hbk.. then wm27 hhh vs hbk career threatening match.. hbk loss.. cry and cry on raw just like on flair.. and to the undertaker? goldberg should return.. challenges taker at mania 27.. the guy that never loss in 1 on 1 match vs the guy that never loss at wrestlemania.. then goldberg ends the streak.. hbk and taker are going to the hall of fame.. then so on!

lol

Dante69
03-24-2010, 02:30 AM
It will end with Takers balls on HBK's chin via the Tombstone

Jay p fury
03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
goldberg has lost 1 on 1 before...didnt he lose the belt to kevin nash, then to bret hart?

Jakob Synn
03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
I think the only reason they made it a NO DQ was to make people watch and not think it's a redo of last years match.

6-String King
03-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I think the only reason they made it a NO DQ was to make people watch and not think it's a redo of last years match.
He may have a point. It my be done just to hype it up a little bit. Or so maybe they can take the fight outside of the ring for a few minutes. Then come back to the ring for a finish. Being this most likely is a Career Ending match for HBK. I don't see anything other then a clean win. Even if it ends up going the other way around and WWE pulls the ultimate swerve and Taker's streak ends, I still see it being a clean win.

thejamminone
03-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Yea, it could be a clean win.

Mr. C
03-24-2010, 10:54 PM
If the match truly is as good as what we hope for it to be, then it will win the Slammy Award for match of the year two years running.

Shawn Michaels could accept it just as he did last year. However, CM Punk comes out and delivers the GTS to him.

At Royal Rumble, Punk comes out somewhere in the teens and is looking good for the win. He eliminates a couple of names to put over the speculation that he’ll win the match. At #25, Sexy Boy hits. Out comes Michaels, goes straight at Punk, and eliminates him and himself.

We then get the build in full leading to WrestleMania.