PDA

View Full Version : IYO: Being the WWE Champion/World Heavyweight Champion on Raw

GD
03-23-2010, 09:40 AM
In Your Opinion: Do you consider the Heavyweight Champion of the flagship show to be of more importance than that of the other brand's Heavyweight Champion?

Triple Naitch
03-23-2010, 09:43 AM
Depends on who holds the title.

The Jayman
03-23-2010, 09:47 AM
I agree with 3 times the Naitch, it really depends on whose holding the title.

HBPunk
03-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Raw champion definately, Raw is the top show, even if people think smackdown is better. Raw has been running much much longer and people will always think of Raw as bigger than Smackdown

The Gold Standard
03-23-2010, 09:53 AM

Mr Amazing
03-23-2010, 10:36 AM

an examle would probably be when sheamus(wwe champion) and undertaker (world heavyweight chamion)there was a difference due to the fact nobody cared about sheamus.

TheHart
03-23-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't care who has it or what brand it is on, the World Title is the ONLY title in my mind. Screw that piece of crap spinner title.

Nicky Fives
03-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Whoever is the WWE Champion is the most important in my eyes.....

Lock Jaw
03-23-2010, 01:24 PM
RAW is definitely the flagship show, so whoever is champ on RAW almost automatically is more important.

Not always though, as the recent example of Sheamus proved. Sheamus was a relative newbie, and was booked pretty terribly.... while the champion on the other show was The Undertaker.

The Franchise
03-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I think the WWE Title is more prestigious than the World Title. But that's just me. So whichever show has that has the "main title"

But in terms of RAW vs SD -- I think it is actually pretty equal unless John Cena or Triple are the champion. Then that is the main title.

The Franchise
03-23-2010, 01:28 PM
I dont think what I said made any sense ^^

tjmidnight420
03-23-2010, 01:35 PM
I voted depends on who is holding the belt...

To me, my favorite championship has always been the Big Gold Belt, and right now it helps that Y2J has it... I don't really much care for the bling belt, but the championship it represents has an amazing history as well. What's WWE's current position on the WHC anyway? I know at times they've said it's NOT the same as the WCW WHC, while others they've said it is.. Just curious.

HBPunk
03-23-2010, 01:36 PM
I dont think what I said made any sense ^^

no it does, your saying the order of priority is

HHH/Cena
WWE Title
World Title?

The Franchise
03-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah, exactly. :y:

I meant to say the WWE Title > World Title but RAW is not > SD. So if SD has the WWE Title, then SD has the "main champ"

thedamndest
03-23-2010, 01:54 PM
The WWE Championship will always be the most prestigious belt. A few weeks of bad booking for it or great booking for the World Championship won't erase however many years of history are figured into it. That said, the WWE usually does treat the Raw championship like its number one belt because Raw is the flagship show.

jskinnyg
03-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Depends on who... I.E. You saying Batista is more important than Jericho right now??? I don't think so... Even if he is wrestling the poster boy at WM... We all know that everyone reading this thread holds his title more credible than the Animal's right now...

jskinnyg
03-23-2010, 02:54 PM
The WWE Championship will always be the most prestigious belt. A few weeks of bad booking for it or great booking for the World Championship won't erase however many years of history are figured into it. That said, the WWE usually does treat the Raw championship like its number one belt because Raw is the flagship show.

However part of me agrees with this as well...

HBPunk
03-23-2010, 03:10 PM
However part of me agrees with this as well...

would you like a pillow for your seat on that nice big fence? :D

Favre4Ever
03-23-2010, 03:32 PM
While I picked "depends who holds the title", the fact that the WWE Title has a spinner on it diminishes it's value in comparison to the World Heavyweight Championship as far as I'm concerned.

Rammsteinmad
03-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Definitely think the Raw title means the most in WWE's eyes.

I've ALWAYS preferred Smackdown since the original brand split, therefore I've always preferred Smackdown champions (except Benoit and Jericho), but generally that comes down to my opinion of who the champion is.

In WWE's eyes it is and will always be Raw.

south776
03-23-2010, 04:09 PM
I think they have done a decent job of booking them as even to be honest. They really dont lean one way or the other when it comes to WM Main Events...and while I would say that both titles are booked poorly from time to time, it all kind of evens out.

I think RAW is obviously their prized show, but it rarely comes off that way with the two titles.

jskinnyg
03-23-2010, 04:15 PM
While I picked "depends who holds the title", the fact that the WWE Title has a spinner on it diminishes it's value in comparison to the World Heavyweight Championship as far as I'm concerned.

Good point when are they going to change that STUPID looking belt... Horrible...

jskinnyg
03-23-2010, 04:16 PM
would you like a pillow for your seat on that nice big fence? :D

And Dude, the view from up here is fucking awesome... You've been up here before right?:D

Londoner
03-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Obviously the wwe title should be more important, it just doesn't feel that way with the roster split though, that's the problem.

HBPunk
03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
And Dude, the view from up here is fucking awesome... You've been up here before right?:D

You mean have i ever been indicisive?? eh yeah, i remember when i was 4 i didnt know if i wanted to shit my pants or piss on an apple

The Franchise
03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Good point when are they going to change that STUPID looking belt... Horrible...

I really dislike that belt. I don't understand the "it sells merchandise" argument. They can go back to the old WWE Title and still sell the spinner belt. I'm sure they will continue selling DX shit when they aren't around

Jordan
03-23-2010, 04:42 PM
WWE Championship = WWF Title
World Heavyweight Championship = WCW World Heavyweight Title

so to me WWE Championship is the biggest belt. However, kayfabe says they are equal so I like to go with that.

Mr Amazing
03-23-2010, 06:53 PM
they should bring back the belt jbl wore

Jeritron
03-23-2010, 07:55 PM
It depends on the champion/storyline. It has changed back and forth at various points since the brand split.

Mr. C
03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
WWE > World, so if SmackDown has the title, then SmackDown has the “champion.”