PDA

View Full Version : Impact Moving?

Xero
03-24-2010, 07:02 PM
From PWInsider:

SpikeTV's website for 4/5 is currently listing TNA Impact as airing 8-10 PM Eastern. No word on whether this is a one week deal or a permanent move, but if it's a permanent move, it can only help with the overall rating for the show. Stay tuned.

screech
03-24-2010, 07:08 PM
I actually like this. I'd rather TNA have the lead-in hour. Better to try to reel people in early and keep them around than try to grab them directly from the established slot.

Tb1
03-24-2010, 07:10 PM
This is better.

Xero
03-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Agreed. Going directly head-to-head was a bad idea, this gives them a chance, at the very least, to be viewable by more fans for at least an hour. Even if they don't draw them away from RAW one week, if that fan continues to watch they may switch over every so often and watch instead of RAW.

Just wondering how they're going to work this "Kayfabe", because they made such a huge deal about the move in the first place. They're going to look weak because of their original stupid move.

The Franchise
03-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Would be a smart move by TNA

Lock Jaw
03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
Just wondering how they're going to work this "Kayfabe", because they made such a huge deal about the move in the first place. They're going to look weak because of their original stupid move.

Hogan creates a time machine and makes 8PM the new 9PM.

James Diesel
03-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Well a big factor is whether this specific Impact is taped or live. If it's the former than they might not get as many viewers due to spoilers.

Xero
03-24-2010, 07:18 PM
It's live.

Londoner
03-24-2010, 07:55 PM
I like how they're always working out what to next, atleast they do care even if they don't understand what they're doing.

Droford
03-24-2010, 08:08 PM
They should air a replay at midnight or something. Impact would have to get better ratings than "Manswers" or whatever the hell they run at that time.

Theo Dious
03-24-2010, 08:19 PM
It's live.

Imagine if it wasn't.

Vince McMahon: And so you don't have to waste your time watching, this week's TNA results are:
Michael Cole: Didn't you used to damn your competition to hell for doing this?
Vince: They did it to us, it's only fair that we do it back.
Cole: Vince, that was WCW, this is TNA.
Vince: Cole, look at TNA. Who do you see?
Cole: Well, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Eric Bischoff, Hall, Nash, Vince Russo...
Vince: I rest my case.
Cole: Why are you on commentary anyway? Is this 1997 all of a sudden?
Vince: ... *runs away*

Tyler Killer
03-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Agreed. Going directly head-to-head was a bad idea, this gives them a chance, at the very least, to be viewable by more fans for at least an hour. Even if they don't draw them away from RAW one week, if that fan continues to watch they may switch over every so often and watch instead of RAW.

Kayfabe is dead Smark

jskinnyg
03-24-2010, 09:04 PM
This is a great move for them...

Mr Amazing
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
maybe they should go 7-9 to get better ratings for both hours

SOCCER LEGS
03-24-2010, 09:09 PM
maybe should just call it quits now instead of dragging on and wasting investor's money.

Gerard
03-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Stay pufts hat is not accurate :(

kareru
03-24-2010, 09:24 PM
the 1 hour 'edge' is a good idea, tna fans will watch the whole show whilst the wwe fans watch it for a hour whilst they wait for raw to come on possibly even converting them

The Pope
03-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Imagine if it wasn't.

Vince McMahon: And so you don't have to waste your time watching, this week's TNA results are:
:nono::nono:

HBPunk
03-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Imagine if it wasn't.

That was fucking tedious

KayfabeMan
03-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Kayfabe is dead Smark

:n:

Jeritron
03-24-2010, 11:25 PM
I think they should go from 8-11, do pyro at the top of every hour (sometimes during matches), and dedicate the entire first hour to the X-division. Then Hogan and Bischoff can come out and talk about Flair promptly at 9
Also, Sting and Jeff Jarret can draw at the 10 o'clock spot.

None of this has ever been done, so it will be really exciting...

Wishbone
03-24-2010, 11:26 PM
definatly a smart Idea on TNA's part hope it works

Emperor Smeat
03-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Great move by TNA. Gives them the 1st hour as a head start against RAW and then hopefully their 2nd hour being much stronger than the typical weaker/slower 1st RAW hour.

Also gives TNA a better chance at building their Monday night fan base without having to worry about being in direct competition with WWE/RAW for the 2 hours. WCW did this before as a way to boost their ratings for the 2nd hour but sort of "wasted" it later on with the 3 hour show.

el bobbo
03-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Hogan creates a time machine and makes 8PM the new 9PM.

Hot Tub Time Machine tie-in? That would be the only smart move I can see.