PDA

View Full Version : Undertaker's Streak Appreciation Thread

Xero
03-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Well, with WrestleMania in the books I figured we could all recount our favorite match in the 18-match series.

HBK/Taker I is still my top.

The Franchise
03-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Yeah, HBK/Taker at WM 25 is still the best. The rematch tonight is easily #2 and #3 would be vs HHH at WM 17.

viO
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Preferred HBK/Taker 2 over the first.

TGR
03-28-2010, 11:13 PM
Bossman/Taker.

...What?

HTrain90
03-28-2010, 11:16 PM
HBK/Taker I... HBK/Taker II... and Taker/Diesel

Taker/Diesel is one of the most under-appreciated matches ever.

AngryMidjit
03-28-2010, 11:20 PM
i think this match was pretty equal to the last, it only gets my #1 because of the stipulations behind it

The Gold Standard
03-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Taker/HBK 1 was my favorite.

I really enjoyed Orton/Taker. I thought that was a great match.

Taker/Diesel was good too.

I liked Edge/Taker as well.

However, there was no time I thought Taker was going to lose except in HBK/Taker 1

Mooияakeя™
03-28-2010, 11:22 PM
He'll die / disappear / retire with it.

Jordan
03-28-2010, 11:27 PM
1. HBK/Taker WM 25
2. Edge/Taker
3. Flair/Taker
4. Triple H/Taker
5. HBK/Taker WM 26
6. Diesel/Taker
7. Kane/Taker WM 14
8. Orton/Taker
9. Sid/Taker
10. Kane/Taker WM 20

HTrain90
03-28-2010, 11:33 PM
All I can say is that the streak had better fucking well never be broken. If Shawn doesn't deserve to take it, then no one does. Period.

Taker can only wrestle Cena or HHH at Mania next year. Those are the only two who may be able to convince some percentage of fans that it may be broken.

But if either of those two break it... Shit.

FourFifty
03-28-2010, 11:39 PM
The streak should either be kept alive or only broken when The Undertaker can pass the torch. HBK had nothing to gain from beating The Undertaker. If he passes the torch to someone with the potential, focus, and loyalty needed to be a success in WWE, I'll be happy.

Vastardikai
03-28-2010, 11:41 PM
The streak should either be kept alive or only broken when The Undertaker can pass the torch. HBK had nothing to gain from beating The Undertaker. If he passes the torch to someone with the potential, focus, and loyalty needed to be a success in WWE, I'll be happy.

This. Make it into a Hogan/Andre type of deal. With Taker in the role of Andre, and some guy on the cusp of the next level being Hogan.

HTrain90
03-28-2010, 11:47 PM
This. Make it into a Hogan/Andre type of deal. With Taker in the role of Andre, and some guy on the cusp of the next level being Hogan.

There is simply no one reliable enough to take the streak. No one. Anyone who takes the streak will be pushed to the moon, and the fans will shit all over it. In today's world with 4 programs on every week, it just can't be used to build someone else. People will get sick of the new person in no time.

Mr Amazing
03-28-2010, 11:51 PM
All I can say is that the streak had better fucking well never be broken. If Shawn doesn't deserve to take it, then no one does. Period.

Taker can only wrestle Cena or HHH at Mania next year. Those are the only two who may be able to convince some percentage of fans that it may be broken.

But if either of those two break it... Shit.

imo i believe cena will face taker next year and jericho at westlemania 28

James Steele
03-28-2010, 11:52 PM
If Cena breaks it, I might just fucking vomit everywhere.

Xero
03-28-2010, 11:57 PM
If Cena broke it I might just quit watching.

The Franchise
03-28-2010, 11:59 PM
I'm pretty sure Cena won't break it and even if he was asked to he'd probably refuse.

Evil Vito
03-29-2010, 12:19 AM
<font color=goldenrod>I really can't decide between Taker/HBK I and Taker/HBK II. I'd have to re-watch both again. I think I marked a little bit more during the first because I was that much more certain of the result going into this year...but still. Amazing matches.</font>

VSG
03-29-2010, 12:20 AM
I wanted the HBK appreciation thread instead but I will take what I get. Streak continues, it rocks. End of story!

ORANGE-LOCKE
03-29-2010, 12:47 AM
1. WM 25 (because HBK brings out the best in anyone)
2. WM 26 (same as above)
3. WM 17 vs HHH
4. WM 12 vs Diesel
5. WM 24 vs Edge

Best of the Rest:
Orton
Flair
Kane 1
Kane 2 (return of the deadman)
Sid

Aguakate
03-29-2010, 02:29 AM
I wonder WHEN the WWE (or whoever it was) found out that the Undertaker had not lost a WrestleMania match and decided to let it be known that there was a STREAK...OR, if it was a planned thing all along, that he be undefeated at WrestleMania.

owenbrown
03-29-2010, 02:32 AM

might? MIGHT?! I WILL if he does...

Sixx
03-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Is it true Kane was once supposed to break Taker's streak but refused?

The Franchise
03-29-2010, 05:50 AM
At WM 14? It's possible especially since the streak wasn't that big of a deal then. I doubt they would have Kane go over at WM 20.

I remember reading Orton was going to snap it in 2005 before he got injured

D Mac
03-29-2010, 05:51 AM
Sid needs a rematch. He would end it this time. :mad:

Jeritron
03-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Fucking knew your post was going to be about Sid before I even clicked the thread

The Franchise
03-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Sid ending it would be shitty.

Sixx
03-29-2010, 05:54 AM
At WM 14? It's possible especially since the streak wasn't that big of a deal then. I doubt they would have Kane go over at WM 20.

I remember reading Orton was going to snap it in 2005 before he got injured

Nope, actually WM20. Supposedly it was Taker himself that felt the streak has lived too long and wanted to lose to Kane, but when the WWE officials talked to him he said it's too legendary and all that and he won't do it. I remember reading about this, but no idea how true it is.

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 05:55 AM
He should definitely retire with the streak left alone.

They should take Taker to 20 - 0 at WrestleMania, and then he should hang it up.

There is no one that he needs to drop the streak to and it wouldn't help anyone in any circumstance. Cena gets no benefit, HHH gets no benefit, HBK would've had no benefit, and there is no one else in the company or currently in wrestling that would benefit / be worthy enough of it.

In reality, with a situation like that - it should be left as one of the few untouchable things in wrestling; like Sammartino's Title Reign, etc.

The Franchise
03-29-2010, 05:59 AM
Go figure, I am glad they didn't let Kane end it. So I guess Orton was definitely going to break it at WM 21 then (still think that's the most convinced I've been to Taker losing)

Really Taker should just go to 20-0 like Kayfabeman is saying. At this point, over the last 4-5 years the streak has become larger than life. No youngster should even face Taker at WM let alone beat him... and from the main-eventers, no one would benefit from breaking it. They may get X-Pac heat for life :D

The streak if it were to be broken should have been done by a Lesnar in 2003 or a Cena/Orton in 2005. It probably should just stay now.

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 06:06 AM
On a side note, am I the only one who - yes, I am saying his name - wishes that Chris Benoit was alive and could have faced Undertaker at some point at WrestleMania???

With seeing the Michaels / Taker match, I have to believe a Benoit / Taker match would have been fantastic as well.

[INSERT "UNDERTAKER" - DEATH / BENOIT RELATED JOKES HERE].

The Franchise
03-29-2010, 06:07 AM
It would have been a really good match. Those two never really had a chance to put on a great match, which they are capable of.

I think Kurt Angle vs Undertaker at a Wrestlemania could rival the Taker/HBK matches. Remember their NWO 2006 match? That was incredible and is overlooked simply because it was at NWO

Jeritron
03-29-2010, 06:09 AM
They've elevated Taker matches to such a height in the past few years that they can't go back to feeding him opponents who nobody buy at having a shot.

And at this point nobody should have a shot. I don't know who they could throw at him other than Cena that fans will care about.
In past years, Jericho or Punk would be great opponents just because it would make for a good build, and the match would be quality. Not anymore though. Nobody will buy them having a shot at winning, and although they'd put on a good match it wouldn't be an epic encounter, or a nail biter.

The Franchise
03-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Added to that, the fact that Shawn Michaels had to BEG to get a match with him at WrestleMania.... wrestling Taker at Mania is a privilege now. That alone 'puts you over' now.

Jeritron
03-29-2010, 06:15 AM
It would have been a really good match. Those two never really had a chance to put on a great match, which they are capable of.

I think Kurt Angle vs Undertaker at a Wrestlemania could rival the Taker/HBK matches. Remember their NWO 2006 match? That was incredible and is overlooked simply because it was at NWO

I think it could be a great match, but I don't think it would have the story and importance behind it.
One big part about Taker vs Michaels isn't even a part of the storylines, but real life. The two guys are the biggest veterans in the company today, and probably of alltime. Neither of them has ever left through thick and thin, and they've been there for 20 years.
Add to that the fact that they were both made top guys at the same time in the mid 90s, and after a few classic encounters, never faced again for a decade.

Plus the fact that both of their legacies are defined by the event of Wrestlemania. No other two wrestlers have that kind of word association with the event. The Streak and Mr. Wrestlemania.
The event is everything to the series of matches. If the rematch, or the first one, were to take place on any other PPV it would be a fantastic match but so much of what makes it great would be sacrificed.

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 06:20 AM
Of course. The back story is what makes this match seem much more important.

If Benoit would have went into it, I would have had everyone aiming for a match with Taker, and have Benoit be constantly overlooked by him - until Benoit was pushed to finally snap and destroy Taker, making a point to bring up every single one of Benoit's accomplishments and how he's every bit as important as Taker, etc.

Jeritron
03-29-2010, 06:28 AM
Taker vs Cena will be a huge draw for them, and they should do it just for how much interest it will garner.
Still, after tonight a part of me thinks they should just stop it at 18-0. There's not a showdown that is going to stack up. Taker is going to retire soon anyways, or should.

If they don't do his final angle this year, which they probably won't, they should go ahead with Taker vs Cena for next year. But after that he should start with his retirement angle.
I can't think of a 20th opponent who is worth the time. At least not at this time.

The question is, how will they book an Undertaker retirement angle? His career is so epic he has to have a storyline and sendoff of some kind.
It can't be like it is for a normal wrestler though, because of his incredible gimmick. They have to do something huge, and honor the gimmick and the man at the same time.

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Yeah, most of the guys I could see Taker going out against are either out of the business, dead, in TNA or married to Stephanie McMahon :shifty:

The Franchise
03-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Damn, if Cena won at WM 24 he would be 7-0 at Wrestlemania right now. Imagine that match next year -- Taker vs Cena -- streak vs streak

dablackguy
03-29-2010, 07:23 AM

:y:

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 07:25 AM
Damn, if Cena won at WM 24 he would be 7-0 at Wrestlemania right now. Imagine that match next year -- Taker vs Cena -- streak vs streak

Yeah, it's too bad that Orton hadn't beaten HHH instead; they could've passed off Cena as not really winning, but not losing either, since he wasn't pinned. That easily could've been done if Cena was a heel.

The Franchise
03-29-2010, 07:26 AM
Also Edge has gone the other direction. Was 5-0 at WM but has lost 4 in a row since WM 23

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 07:28 AM
LoL, yeah I remember when the talk was that Edge would build a streak of his own to rival Undertaker at some point, and then beat him. I mean talk amongst other fans, not inside WWF/WWE.

Evil Vito
03-29-2010, 07:40 AM
<font color=goldenrod>If HBK has indeed wrestled his last match (meaning no HHH/HBK), I could see HHH taking one more crack at the streak next year as he did 10 years prior. That'd be a great match I'm sure.

Taker would probably win, and that could set up Taker vs. Cena at WM 28 with 20-0 on the line.

Mind, I don't think Taker will be wrestling too much until January the next couple of years. He can still go but he's obviously really banged up at this point.</font>

The Mackem
03-29-2010, 08:43 AM
There should be some sort of heel GM obsessed with ending Taker's streak and puts him in a triple threat match, handicap match or 50 man gauntlet match at Wrestlemania.

VSG
03-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Oh just bring back Jake the Snake! He will snore his way to victory..

Innovator
03-29-2010, 11:00 AM
"My name is HHH, you killed my friend, prepare to die"

The Show Off
03-29-2010, 11:57 AM
Here is my list of Undertaker Wrestlemania matches in order...

1. Ric Flair v. The Undertaker (No Disqualification Match WWE Wrestlemania X-8)

2. Shawn Michaels v. The Undertaker (WWE Wrestlemania XXV)

3. Edge (c) v. The Undertaker (for the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE Wrestlemania XXIV)

4. Triple H v. The Undertaker (WWF Wrestlemania X-7)

5. Shawn Michaels v. The Undertaker (Career v. Streak, WWE Wrestlemania XXVI)

6. Batista [c] v. The Undertaker (for the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE Wrestlemania 23)

7. Randy Orton v. The Undertaker (WWE Wrestlemania 21)

8. Kane v. The Undertaker (WWF Wrestlemania XIV)

9. Diesel v. The Undertaker (WWF Wrestlemania XII)

10. Sycho Sid (c) v. The Undertaker (for the WWF World Heavyweight Championship WWF Wrestlemania 13)

11. Kane v. The Undertaker (WWE Wrestlemania XX)

12. The Big Bossman v. The Undertaker (Hell in a Cell WWF Wrestlemania XV)

13. Mark Henry v. The Undertaker (Casket Match WWE Wrestlemania 22)

14. Jake Roberts v. The Undertaker (WWF Wrestlemania VIII)

15. The A-Train & The Big Show v. The Undertaker (2 on 1 Handicap Match WWE Wrestlemania XIX)

16. King Kong Bundy v. The Undertaker (WWF Wrestlemania XI)

17. Giant Gonzalez v. The Undertaker (WWF Wrestlemania IX)

18. Jimmy Snuka v. The Undertaker (WWF Wrestlemania VII)

CSL
03-29-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd have the Flair match below the Batista one, maybe even the Orton one

redoneja
03-29-2010, 12:14 PM
After two incredibly built matches with HBK, it's going to be to find an opponent that people can actually buy beating Taker at Wrestlemania. I honestly think Cena is the only person that can pull it off (the match, not beating Taker). I'd like to see Undertaker go 20-0 and then retire, but I'd want his last match to be against Cena, just because that's the "biggest" match-up left for Undertaker.

Dunno who to put in against him next year then. Probably Jericho or maybe even Batista, for a Wrestlemania 23 rematch or Randy Orton for a Mania 21 rematch. It'd be cool to see him against a younger guy, but I just think it would be hard to buy into that coming off of HBK/Taker for two years.

Executioner
03-29-2010, 12:36 PM
If Cena breaks it, I might just fucking vomit everywhere.

This.

Veronika
03-29-2010, 12:59 PM
might? MIGHT?! I WILL if he does...

Me too! It would be crappy.

KayfabeMan
03-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Undertaker vs. Flair was probably my favorite as well.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2010, 10:47 AM
You know how there is always talk that Sting will leave TNA when his contract expires, and that the WWE will snatch him up for the Hall of Fame? That usually leads to talk of The Undertaker vs. Sting at WrestleMania. To see that match take place next year would be pretty epic. Taker wins that, and then goes 19-0 heading into WrestleMania 28 against John Cena.

And I am still of the opinion that Taker should drop the streak off to someone. Even if he does it to Kane, and they use that to give Kane just a year or two of epic dominance before he himself retires. Hell, let Vince McMahon end it if you have to. The streak makes no money by standing unbroken.

I think the best case scenario is that Cena ends it (as much as we all love to hate him, this would take Cena to a level no one else has been on), or that The Undertaker finds a young guy on the roster that he is a fan of and wants to groom. Taker then puts that guy over at WrestleMania, and then there's a lot of pressure on that kid to really deliver as the new Phenom of the WWE.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Besides obviously loving the Undertaker/Shawn Michaels matches, I quite enjoyed Edge vs. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXIV. Here is a great moment from that match:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_1xfgZM-FE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f_1xfgZM-FE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Droford
03-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Ted Dibiase should bring back the Fake Undertaker for a rematch

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 11:40 AM
Noid, I agree 100%

Edge/Taker was a damn good match. Just watched it again and I think it was better than his match with Triple H at Wrestlemania 17, which puts it at #3 for me for Taker Mania matches after the back-to-back ones with Shawn.

Mr. Nerfect
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I remember being shocked that match closed WrestleMania. It didn't seem to get the main focus heading into Mania, and there was a lot of criticism from both inside the company and out about Jonathan Coachman's commentary. But I do remember really enjoying the match, and I think this may have been the moment where talk shifted from The Undertaker "being able to have great matches when he needs to" to "he's looking the best he's ever looked."

I mean, the landmarks for Taker's career recently, in my opinion, have been against Kurt Angle at No Way Out that year he faced him; against Edge at WrestleMania; and his matches against Shawn Michaels.

Just a random thought about who could end Taker's streak. I've said this before, and it's such a smarky thing to say, but I do have my reasons: Shelton Benjamin. Last year around WrestleMania (I think a few were before and one was after), The Undertaker worked a few matches with Shelton Benjamin. All were competitive, great showings for both men. Taker won every match (as expected), but given his stature in the company, I don't think Taker would go out there with a dodge knee and face anyone. My theory is that The Undertaker loves working with Shelton Benjamin.

Maybe The Undertaker would consider dropping the streak to him? It would seem so weird, given that Shelton is not a major star or anything -- but one thing about Shelton is that he is a wrestler. He's not the sort of guy who will leave the WWE to go do movies or whatever. Shelton is in the business because (I assume) he loves wrestling, and it's one thing he does really well.

Just a suggestion. Hell, Shelton may never win a World Title even if he were to break the streak -- but it'd be a defining career moment for anybody, and it would put him on that level where he would be a credible guy to challenge whenever the WWE wanted it. As a story, they could just have Benjamin cut a promo about how he is sick of being in Ladder Matches and trying to grab the brass ring. He's going higher this year, and he wants to do what he does best -- wrestle. He then sets out to wrestle The Undertaker's streak away from him.

That is a dirty word in the WWE these days -- but they can call it whatever they want. Just have Benjamin change his goal from "winning Money in the Bank...finally" to "doing something bigger."

tjmidnight420
03-30-2010, 02:40 PM
I wonder WHEN the WWE (or whoever it was) found out that the Undertaker had not lost a WrestleMania match and decided to let it be known that there was a STREAK...OR, if it was a planned thing all along, that he be undefeated at WrestleMania.

Did anyone realize as soon as WWE figured out that Edge was like 6 or 7 and 0 at wrestlemania they had taker smash on him? They didn't plan it, it just kinda happened. When they realized they capitalized on it.

The Franchise
03-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Edge was only 5-0 at WM before he lost, the year prior to his match with Taker

PorkSoda
03-30-2010, 03:16 PM
I never seen either of the HBK/Taker matches....

I enjoyed Taker/Flair alot....

DaVe
04-06-2010, 11:28 AM
The streak makes no money by standing unbroken.

I usually agree with you Alienoid but that's rubbish. What's happened the last 2 years?

Skippord
04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
My favorite is probably the one with Triple H

DrA
04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
Sometimes wrestling fans don't know how to leave well enough alone. They want to see Sting in the WWF, they want to see Undertaker lose. People realize that when everything happens, nothing has value. 2001 is the perfect example of this. Having wrestlers jump ship meant something, then overnight every single WCW came to the WWF, and suddenly the surprise element of wrestling was completely gone. What's the point of watching every week if you know that every single possible feud is eventually going to happen anyway?

XCaliber
04-06-2010, 04:28 PM
The WM25 is the superior match imho i'd even rank their 2nd encounter as maybe the 3rd on my list. Anywho i'd say it's been in the works for Taker to go 20-0 for a long time now so his last 2 will have to be against 2 other guys whom have had formidable records of their own. With that said I believe next year it's Cena and then maybe Ted DiBiase since his father was the one responsible from bringing him into the company.

BollywoodSingh
04-09-2010, 05:44 PM
There is simply no one reliable enough to take the streak. No one. Anyone who takes the streak will be pushed to the moon, and the fans will shit all over it. In today's world with 4 programs on every week, it just can't be used to build someone else. People will get sick of the new person in no time.

So the WWE should just not even bother breaking the streak because they might mess it up? That's ridiculous. The Undertaker's WrestleMania streak is more valuable than any title right now and has the ability to create a star. It would put someone over huge. Why waste almost 2 decades of build-up? Where is the value in the Undertaker retiring with the streak? Who does that benefit?

It would be an absolute waste not to have someone break the streak. And it shouldn't be someone that's already made - like Cena or Orton or something like that.

The user "The Franchise" said it wouldn't benefit anyone to break the streak but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Jakob Synn
04-09-2010, 06:03 PM
So the WWE should just not even bother breaking the streak because they might mess it up? That's ridiculous.

Exactly!

I remember watching the Undertaker debut back at Survivor Series '90 and now watch him thinking to myself that he's a strong reliable wrestler who can either choose to go over certain wrestlers or put over certain wrestlers. I mean CM Punk opened his mouth last year during their European leg of the WWE tour and then all of a sudden he lost and Undertaker is champion. I highly doubt it was because creative was creating a storyline for the Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels match at Wrestlemania 26. Though, who knows. Could be.

The streak is something that I don't ever see the WWE duplicating because it will take a lot of planning on creative to establish that I just don't think it can be done.

Like HTrain said, with 3 programs a week and a pay per view every month, I don't see the streak ever being duplicated.

I mean, is it not just luck that the Taker has won every Wrestlemania match before the WWE ever mentioned the streak?

Also, I don't really count his match against the Giant Gonzalaz as a win because it was short, lame and a disqualification by Gonzalaz.

Swiss Ultimate
04-09-2010, 06:04 PM
The Undertaker's streak is the reason (kayfabe) why HBK is gone.

Mr Amazing
04-09-2010, 06:20 PM
i want to see miz or jericho against taker at next year mania and cena for 20-0 and retire with a wwe title

BollywoodSingh
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Retiring with titles (or in this case the streak) isn't good for wrestling. The goal is to create new stars. That involves risks (such as risking the fact that it might not work). I don't see how having 3-4 shows a week is relevant to this argument at all. Having Undertaker retire with the streak does nothing for anybody except Undertaker himself.

Jakob Synn
04-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Retiring with titles (or in this case the streak) isn't good for wrestling. The goal is to create new stars. That involves risks (such as risking the fact that it might not work). I don't see how having 3-4 shows a week is relevant to this argument at all. Having Undertaker retire with the streak does nothing for anybody except Undertaker himself.

Fully agree, but who on the WWE roster deserves it?

I remember last year reading a lot of rumors about how Cena or Jericho might end the Undertakers streak and I think that's a poor choice on the WWE to have someone big to end his streak.

If the streak is broken it will be one of those passing the torch match.

BollywoodSingh
04-09-2010, 07:12 PM
How about Ted Dibiase Jr. in a couple of years? Obviously, he is too low on the card right now. But it would make sense considering it was Ted Dibiase Sr. that brought Undertaker to WWE.

Jakob Synn
04-09-2010, 07:14 PM
How about Ted Dibiase Jr. in a couple of years? Obviously, he is too low on the card right now. But it would make sense considering it was Ted Dibiase Sr. that brought Undertaker to WWE.

Wasn't that one of the names that came up to end his streak for Wrestlemania26? I think he's a good contender. I like Ted Dibiase Jr. He has major potential. It's too bad Cody Rhodes is holding him down.

Mr Amazing
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
if passing the torch is how they end the steak than i see miz or morrison beating the steak next year

XIII
04-09-2010, 08:11 PM
its fuckin unbelievable.. im kinda surprised he was never booked to lose in his first couple manias, and i doubt vince or creative were like "we're gonna have this guy win every mania he's at" so he's kinda lucky he was booked to win at first... then atfter he probly won 5 of his mania matches they started booking him for the streak....

also i feel like if hbk wasnt the one to break the streak last year, let alone this year, than it should never EVER be broken... right now there is nobody worthy of it, and there is def. no way anybody can come close to that streak anyway..

is there even anyone right now who has won everytime at mania and has a little streak goin???

Undrtakr87
04-10-2010, 05:15 AM
its fuckin unbelievable.. im kinda surprised he was never booked to lose in his first couple manias, and i doubt vince or creative were like "we're gonna have this guy win every mania he's at" so he's kinda lucky he was booked to win at first... then atfter he probly won 5 of his mania matches they started booking him for the streak....

also i feel like if hbk wasnt the one to break the streak last year, let alone this year, than it should never EVER be broken... right now there is nobody worthy of it, and there is def. no way anybody can come close to that streak anyway..

is there even anyone right now who has won everytime at mania and has a little streak goin???

The Miz is 1-0. You'd know that if you watched RAW the night after WM26. :yes:

Stickman
04-11-2010, 12:18 PM
If they do decide to break it you know it's going to be Cena or Edge or some body else who really doesn't need it.

I agree with whoever said it'll probably end at 20-0 and be one of those untouchable records.

tjmidnight420
04-11-2010, 12:30 PM
At this point, that's how it should be.

Mr. Pierre
04-11-2010, 12:52 PM
Taker can put over people without having someone break the streak. I say let him keep it until he retires. There isn't anyone I could possibly see that can live up to it.

And I don't get the argument of "The Streak won't do the business any good unless it's broken". The Streak has been drawing interest in WWE's biggest show of the year for about 6 years now, and has been a main event draw for the past 4. Just because someone doesn't defeat Taker, doesn't mean that they didn't further their career by having a program with him for WrestleMania.

The Franchise
04-12-2010, 10:43 AM
The user "The Franchise" said it wouldn't benefit anyone to break the streak but that couldn't be further from the truth.

That's not what I said. I said it wouldn't benefit any main-eventer to break the streak. It would benefit a young star but no one is really good enough right now. Maybe in a couple years DiBease or Miz or someone might be but I doubt it.