PDA

View Full Version : SD spoilers for Friday

Splaya
03-31-2010, 01:05 AM
Dot Net reader Nestor is at the WWE Smackdown taping in Las Vegas, Nev. and has passed along the following results.

The beginning of the show started with Chris jericho cutting a promo. Edge came out and beat him up which led to Edge spearing him. Edge wad leaving the ring when Jack Swagger knocked Edge down with the the MITB briefcase. Swagger then cashed in the MITB and beat Chris Jericho with his finisher

1. Jack Swagger defeated Chris Jericho to win the World Hvt. Championship. Swagger cashed in the MITB and beat Jericho with his finisher.

2. John Morrison and R-Truth beat Cryme Tyme. After the match, Cryme Tyme broke up.

3. Drew McIntyre beat Matt Hardy.

4. Dolph Ziggler defeated Great Khali.

C.M. Punk wants a rematch with Rey Mysterio. He is going to put his hair on the line against Mysterio, who must join the Straight Edge Society if he loses. Mysterio did not come out to accept. This is likely an Extreme Rules match, but it's unclear at this point.

5. Beth Phoenix and Tiffany beat Michelle McCool and Layla.

6. Kane vs. all eight members of NXT in an elimination tag match ended in a DQ. The finish came when all the NXT members jumped Kane at once.

Teddy Long announced that Edge will face Chris Jericho next week for a shot at Jack Swagger and the World Hvt. Championship.

7. Undertaker defeated C.M. Punk. Taker won with the Tombstone piledriver.

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 01:06 AM
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Ziggler beat Khali? :foc:

James Steele
03-31-2010, 01:08 AM
I hope they turned Shad heel and make him just a big strong pissed off badass son of a bitch.

Droford
03-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Since its 4 weeks to the draft, we gotta break up our established tag teams for singles runs.

Mr. Nerfect
03-31-2010, 01:32 AM
This is like the fourth time Ziggler has beat Khali. He has never looked better as he did when he was beating down Khali psychotically with a steel chair.

Cryme Tyme breaking up could be interesting. JTG would make a great, cocky, plucky face and Shad Gaspard could make a fantastic ruthless heel. I think both guys could be money if they have the right attitude and keep getting better.

RP
03-31-2010, 01:34 AM
OMBG

Tazz Dan
03-31-2010, 05:08 AM
Good job WWE, split up another good tag team. It seems like they do this every year around draft time. If they actually concentrated on the teams they had instead of making random pairings like Morrison and K-Kwik the division could so easily get over again.

Who the fuck am I kidding though. :-\

Tazz Dan
03-31-2010, 05:09 AM
Also, I guarantee they're both released before September.

Jeritron
03-31-2010, 05:11 AM
I could care less about Cryme Tyme being split up. They're boring as shit. They've been around for the better part 4 years now and it's not going anywhere.

Hart Dynasty getting a push against ShowMiz? That's what I care about. Hopefully Bret sticks around to manage them for a bit, and help get them over with the crowd.

Tazz Dan
03-31-2010, 05:15 AM
That's my point. Cryme Tyme had so much potential not that long ago, but they kept getting jobbed out to makeshift teams.

I'm as much for a Hart Dynasty push as anyone, but who do they fued with when they finally win the belts? ShowMiz, Morrison/Truth, and who else?

Jeritron
03-31-2010, 05:22 AM
Some other makeshift heel tag team. They need to make more tag teams out of the gates. I wish there were a couple tag teams on NXT to switch things up. They know most of those guys aren't going anywhere on their own, aside from Danielson, Otunga and Barrett.

They should have had more pre-packaged tag teams with tag team names and gimmicks.

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 05:25 AM
That's my point. Cryme Tyme had so much potential not that long ago, but they kept getting jobbed out to makeshift teams.

I'm as much for a Hart Dynasty push as anyone, but who do they fued with when they finally win the belts? ShowMiz, Morrison/Truth, and who else?

HHHornswaggle?

Tazz Dan
03-31-2010, 05:27 AM
Some other makeshift heel tag team. They need to make more tag teams out of the gates. I wish there were a couple tag teams on NXT to switch things up. They know most of those guys aren't going anywhere on their own, aside from Danielson, Otunga and Barrett.

They should have had more pre-packaged tag teams with tag team names and gimmicks.

I agree with all of that. But whenever a new pre-packed or good thrown together team gets over they seem to stop getting pushed, jobbed out and eventually split up.

owenbrown
03-31-2010, 05:27 AM
lol way to spoil the results in casual, RP

Jeritron
03-31-2010, 05:31 AM
I agree with all of that. But whenever a new pre-packed or good thrown together team gets over they seem to stop getting pushed, jobbed out and eventually split up.

Last year this was being discussed in the chat for the suplemental draft. None other than Howard Finkel himself chimed in and said "tag team wrestling is dead folks."

I took what he said seriously. It's The Fink

Tazz Dan
03-31-2010, 05:31 AM
:'(

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 05:32 AM
I think what made 2000-2002 so great was that winning the Tag Team titles really meant something. For the E&C/Dudleyz/Hardyz trio the tag titles was such a big deal and you could tell that made their feuds, matches and everything else better. It doesn't help that there are more singles titles now added to the fact that the tag division receives such little attention. Before if you weren't WWF Champion, you could be IC Champion or something like Hardcore Champ which meant nothing. So the tag division was naturally going to prosper. But ultimately lack of good teams and good competition is the #1 problem. Hopefully MizShow can be the backbone of the tag division for a while while Hart Dynasty and R-Truth/Morrison are coming up. They could still have a great tag division by having good teams and lots of competition (look at the Smackdown six era: Benoit/Angle, Eddie/Chavo and Rey/Edge).

Tazz Dan
03-31-2010, 05:34 AM
In saying that (:'() I'm pumped to see where the Hart Dynasty goes from here. They were so over Monday night on Raw it made me happy.

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 05:35 AM
I would say the singles mid-card division has been on life support for years now too. 2004 was probably the last good year for that division with Orton's IC Title run and Cena's US Title run.

Jeritron
03-31-2010, 05:47 AM
I think what made 2000-2002 so great was that winning the Tag Team titles really meant something. For the E&C/Dudleyz/Hardyz trio the tag titles was such a big deal and you could tell that made their feuds, matches and everything else better. It doesn't help that there are more singles titles now added to the fact that the tag division receives such little attention. Before if you weren't WWF Champion, you could be IC Champion or something like Hardcore Champ which meant nothing. So the tag division was naturally going to prosper. But ultimately lack of good teams and good competition is the #1 problem. Hopefully MizShow can be the backbone of the tag division for a while while Hart Dynasty and R-Truth/Morrison are coming up. They could still have a great tag division by having good teams and lots of competition (look at the Smackdown six era: Benoit/Angle, Eddie/Chavo and Rey/Edge).

To be honest, I think there were more singles titles from 2000-2002 than there are now.

Even TNA, who has a semi-respectable tag division, has 8 titles to WWE's 9.
I think WWE just needs to want to build a tag division, which for some reason doesn't seem to be the plan

Jeritron
03-31-2010, 05:49 AM
But rumor has it that TNA is looking to break up Beer Money, and they don't do much with MCMG.
Morgan and Hernandez isn't a fulltime tag team in any sense, and the Dudley Boys are so overdone that they shouldn't even count.

So their tag title scene isn't too much better, really

Londoner
03-31-2010, 05:51 AM

Sorry mate gotta disagree that the other singles titles meant nothing back then, there was just more focus on the tag team division than now cause the writing was better. Simple as that imo.

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 05:53 AM
Oh no, no, thats not what I meant. They definitely meant a lot, more so than today! I meant there is more higher tier singles titles (3 world titles until ECW was scrapped recently) which meant more singles competition and a lot of that came from splitting up tag teams. But the main problem is still WWE doesnt give a shit about the tag division

Londoner
03-31-2010, 05:56 AM
Oh no, no, thats not what I meant. They definitely meant a lot, more so than today! I meant there is more higher tier singles titles (3 world titles until ECW was scrapped recently) which meant more singles competition and a lot of that came from splitting up tag teams. But the main problem is still WWE doesnt give a shit about the tag division

Ah ok, got ya. I wonder why they don't care about the tag division though, maybe Bret can help force them to do so abit more....

Jeritron
03-31-2010, 05:59 AM
I feel like the IC title meant very little at that time because it was being used as a step down for the overpopulated main event, rather than a step up for rising stars.
It was being traded around by Jericho, RVD, Benoit, Eddie and eventually Kane. The only problem is, all of those guys had long been ready for the main event. Some of them already had been elevated, and moved back down. Nobody wanted to see them still tooling around with the IC gold. Edge, Booker T, and others are included in this pool, even though they may not have been holding the IC title.

The problem was, the main event was being dominated by HHH, Rock, Undertaker and Hogan. Not that they didn't deserve to be there at that juncture, but they were all old news by that point. Lesnar was the only guy really getting the break at this point.

That was the big issue with that time period. You had way too many big fish in a small pond. All of the attitude era stars were healthy and present, and all of the WCW stars were coming in. At the same time, you had a huge crop of guys who were ready for the top spots. Something had to give.
Brand extension helped remedy some of this problem. Apparently they viewed the IC title as unimportant enough at this stage in the game to retire it altogther. That was obviously a mistake and didn't last a year.

DAMN iNATOR
03-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Swagger as champ on SD!? REALLY?! What a waste. They'd've been much better served setting up a Ladder match between Christian and Swagger for Extreme Rules and then have ownership of the briefcase switch to Christian. But then again, it's probably sour grapes on VKM's part about Christian not only going to TNA for a while but actually being a bigger player there than in WWE.

VSG
03-31-2010, 08:52 AM
So Cryme Time becomes the 1st tag team in history to never ever receive their World tag team titles match despite winning the No.1 contender's shot some 2 years ago.

Also, Can someone explain that Kane vs NXT "tag team" match to me?

Mr. Nerfect
03-31-2010, 10:49 AM
So Cryme Time becomes the 1st tag team in history to never ever receive their World tag team titles match despite winning the No.1 contender's shot some 2 years ago.

Also, Can someone explain that Kane vs NXT "tag team" match to me?

The Kane vs. NXT Rookies match will be a testing ground for the new guys against the monster, and Kane will have to pin them all to win the match. That is all.

Cryme Tyme being broken up was expected by me. I appreciate tag team wrestling, but I think CT's time has come and gone. To me, they were a supporting team like Too Cool or APA. The WWE needs to have teams that just have a little extra "oomph." Right now, The Hart Dynasty feels like that team. I think they would make great leaders for it. Tag team wrestling's time will come again, I hope. Cryme Tyme weren't going to carry it in, though. They'll be more interesting separated, in my opinion.

Matt Hardy & Justin Gabriel would make a good team once NXT is over. You've also got The Dudebusters on SmackDown!. Perhaps we could see Brett DiBiase eventually team up with Ted on television? Ted might seem a bit high-up for tag team wrestling, but it'd give the division a rub.

Mr Amazing
03-31-2010, 11:15 AM
i see shad joining the straight edge society and fueding with jtg

Xero
03-31-2010, 11:16 AM
I see Shad and JTG feuding for exactly 3 weeks and JTG getting future endeavored suring spring cleaning.

Always saw Shad as the star because he has the look WWE goes for.

tjmidnight420
03-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Tag teams don't last in WWE because WWE doesn't give a shit. OK, so Crime Time wasn't the top tag team. And? They have what, like, 4? Their show is boring and predictable because it's the same thing. Wrestler A pins Wrestler B cleanly. Wrestler C gets DQ'd against Wrestler D. Swerve in match 3 and Wrestler E loses by a roll up. Match 4 gets thrown out entirely. Add an hour and 40 minutes of bullshit skits and that's the show. Rinse and repeat at the next event. Cruiserweights couldn't cut it. Tag Teams couldn't cut it. They weren't supposed to be the fucking show, they were there to provide something different for the show! WCW fell apart, yeah, but they understood this. I loved the Lucha Tag matches they had. Always action. Take MiTB for example. Someone in another thread said it's become most wrestlers laying around waiting on their cue to do a high spot. That's not how you book a match! Everyone should be doing something interesting. If you get bored watching something in one corner of the ring you should be able to look to the other corner. You should be able to look outside. Everybody should be doing something!

Tag Team Wrestling should be booked like this as well. When's the last time anyone here saw a tornado tag match? I highly doubt they could even book one at this point.

VSG
03-31-2010, 02:56 PM
The Kane vs. NXT Rookies match will be a testing ground for the new guys against the monster, and Kane will have to pin them all to win the match. That is all.

Actually I was wondering how it is a tag-team match if Kane has no partner! Oh well, that is not the big news from that taping anyway.