PDA

View Full Version : The Best Superstar of All Time

Mr. C
03-31-2010, 10:55 PM
I know it’s been done before, but with everyone now claiming Shawn Michaels as the best, it’s good to know where we all stand on this issue. This is a poll to see who was the better everything. Class, persona, skill, work, etc.

I say it has to be The Undertaker. Not only has he adapted to every period of WWE, but at 45 years old, he can still do the things he did when he was 25. Other than his run as the biker, he’s been the same character and just always been an attraction. Michaels was great, but I wouldn’t put him above Undertaker.

HBPunk
03-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Undertaker even on this poll is utter bullshit, the man hasnt wrestled consistantly in about 8 years, an odd 'dong' here and there every few weeks to remind the crowd he's on the roster, fuck that and fuck him and his boring matches. In 15 years time the only matches of Undertaker that people will be talking about are when Mick Foley tried to kill himself and when Shawn Michaels wrestled him at Wrestlemania which of course means....HBK is my pick

treyace
03-31-2010, 11:56 PM
The Rock

taker707
04-01-2010, 12:10 AM
My Vote goes for taker . Not only can he still give it all in that ring. But he truly is the lockerroom leader . He will put anyone over and doesn't play the politics . sometimes the best wrestler is not the one who gives a 5 star match everytime . but one that shows class and leadership always . Shawn hasn't always proven this at least to me he hasn't .

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 12:11 AM
I'm actually going to put a great deal of thought into this. And I'm not being sarcastic.

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:15 AM
My Vote goes for taker . Not only can he still give it all in that ring. But he truly is the lockerroom leader . He will put anyone over and doesn't play the politics . sometimes the best wrestler is not the one who gives a 5 star match everytime . but one that shows class and leadership always . Shawn hasn't always proven this at least to me he hasn't .

Austin put Rock over in his last match even though he was off for Hollywood. By your logic, Austin should be your vote too. Best superstar is best superstar, Michaels could piss, cum and shit on everyone's face for the entire time he's backstage as long as he's awesome on my tv

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm going to go by a few criteria, you can do the same if you want to they are as follows.

Chrisma
In-Ring Performance (Technical Skill)
In-Ring Performance (Storytelling)
Mic Work
Draw
Willingness/Capasity to Play Heel of Face
Willingness/Capacity to Put Others Over

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Chrisma - SHAWN MICHAELS
In-Ring Performance (Technical Skill) - SHAWN MICHAELS
In-Ring Performance (Storytelling) - SHAWN MICHAELS
Mic Work - The Rock/SHAWN MICHAELS
Draw - SHAWN MICHAELS (72,129 on sunday to see him)
Willingness/Capasity to Play Heel of Face - SHAWN MICHAELS
Willingness/Capacity to Put Others Over - SHAWN MICHAELS

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:27 AM
I agree

Chrisma - SHAWN MICHAELS

El Fangel
04-01-2010, 12:34 AM
The Rock, Taker, HBK, Triple H, Austin

That order.

Loose Cannon
04-01-2010, 12:35 AM
I'm not going to take part in this one again.

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:37 AM
you kinda just did

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 12:45 AM
I agree

Chrisma - SHAWN MICHAELS

He's only #1 in one of those catagories.

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 01:13 AM
The Best Superstar of All-Time
1. Ric Flair (14)
2. The Rock (29)
3. Steve Austin (32)
4. Shawn Michaels (36)
5. Triple H (39)
6. Hulk Hogan (45)
7. Bret Hart (50)
8. Randy Savage (52)
9. The Undertaker (52)
10. Andre the Giant (62)
11. John Cena (66)
12. Bruno Sammartino (76)
13. The Ultimate Warrior (84)

(I tried to try be as objective as possible when compling this list but obviously subjectivity came into play. In the intrest of openess I showed my work so everyone can see how I came to this decision.)

Chrisma
1. The Rock
2. Ric Flair
3. Hulk Hogan
4. Steve Austin
5. Shawn Michaels
6. Triple H
7. Andre the Giant
8. John Cena
9. The Undertaker
10. Randy Savage
11. The Ultimate Warrior
12. Bret Hart
13. Bruno Sammartino

In-Ring Performance (Technical Skill)
1. Shawn Michaels
2. Ric Flair
3. Bret Hart
4. Triple H
5. Steve Austin
6. The Undertaker
7. Randy Savage
8. The Rock
9. Andre the Giant
10. John Cena
11. Bruno Sammartino
12. Hulk Hogan
13. The Ultimate Warrior

In-Ring Performance (Storytelling)
1. Ric Flair
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Steve Austin
4. Triple H
5. Bret Hart
6. Randy Savage
7. The Undertaker
8. Hulk Hogan
9. The Rock
10. Andre the Giant
11. John Cena
12. Bruno Sammartino
13. The Ultimate Warrior

Mic Work
1. Ric Flair
2. The Rock
3. Steve Austin
4. Triple H
5. Shawn Michaels
6. Hulk Hogan
7. John Cena
8. Randy Savage
9. The Undertaker
10. Bret Hart
11. Bruno Sammartino
12. Andre the Giant
13. The Ultimate Warriror

Draw
1. Hulk Hogan
2. Steve Austin
3. The Rock
4. Andre the Giant
5. Bruno Sammartino
6. Ric Flair
7. The Undertaker
8. The Ultimate Warrior
9. Shawn Michaels
10. John Cena
11. Bret Hart
12. Randy Savage
13. Triple H

Willingness/Capacity to Play Heel/Face
1. Ric Flair
2. Triple H
3. The Rock
4. Hulk Hogan
5. Randy Savage
6. Shawn Michaels
7. Bret Hart
8. Steve Austin
9. The Undertaker
10. Andre the Giant
11. John Cena
12. Bruno Sammartino
13. The Ultimate Warrior

Willingness/Capacity to Put Others Over
1. Ric Flair
2. Bret Hart
3. The Rock
4. Randy Savage
5. The Undertaker
6. Triple H
7. Steve Austin
8. Shawn Michaels
9. John Cena
10. Andre the Giant
11. Hulk Hogan
12. Bruno Sammartino
13. The Ultimate Warrior

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 01:18 AM
Kurt Angle should probably be on this list

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 01:21 AM
Kurt Angle should probably be on this list

A few others as well, but I'm just going by what is given to me.

YoungFlyFlashy
04-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Bad News Brown or D'Lo Brown....tied

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 01:24 AM
A few others as well, but I'm just going by what is given to me.

:y: It was a good list, I would rep you but I am maxed out for the day.

taker707
04-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Austin put Rock over in his last match even though he was off for Hollywood. By your logic, Austin should be your vote too. Best superstar is best superstar, Michaels could piss, cum and shit on everyone's face for the entire time he's backstage as long as he's awesome on my tv

But in that same respect . Wasnt rock already way over so therefore its not really putting him "over" and wasn't austin the one to take his ball and go home because he didn't want to job to Brock. Taker on the other hand has put countless people over Jeff Hardy, Kahli, Brock, Edge, Punk to name just a few . Plus thier is not a doubt in any of our minds he is the lockerroom leader plain and simple

James Steele
04-01-2010, 01:28 AM
http://www.rankopedia.com/CandidatePix/20256.gif

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Austin did not refuse to job to Brock Lesnar. He refused to job to Brock Lesnar on RAW with no build-up.

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
:y: It was a good list, I would rep you but I am maxed out for the day.

Well, if you remember when you get you're rep power back hit me up.

Oh and thanks.

Emperor Smeat
04-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Since this about best superstar and not best wrestler or any other specific requirement, going to go with Hulk Hogan just based on how even non-wrestling fans know who he and how for two decades he was synonymous with the term "wrestling".

HBK, The Rock, Cena, and others would be better known by wrestling fans and maybe by a majority of casual but none of them would be at the popularity status Hogan is as a "superstar" in society.

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 04:04 AM
But in that same respect . Wasnt rock already way over so therefore its not really putting him "over" and wasn't austin the one to take his ball and go home because he didn't want to job to Brock. Taker on the other hand has put countless people over Jeff Hardy, Kahli, Brock, Edge, Punk to name just a few . Plus thier is not a doubt in any of our minds he is the lockerroom leader plain and simple

I COULD CARE LESS WHO LEADS THE FUCKIN LOCKER ROOM! im sure taker is just great at cleaning all the superstars plates and putting away their clothes but HBK IS THE BEST EVER. and taker didnt put jeff over, trips did years ago for the IC belt. jeff never beat taker

The Franchise
04-01-2010, 04:06 AM
Since this about best superstar and not best wrestler or any other specific requirement, going to go with Hulk Hogan just based on how even non-wrestling fans know who he and how for two decades he was synonymous with the term "wrestling".

HBK, The Rock, Cena, and others would be better known by wrestling fans and maybe by a majority of casual but none of them would be at the popularity status Hogan is as a "superstar" in society.

HBK, Cena, even Austin yes... but The Rock is known by almost everyone.

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 11:24 AM
If you do the work and actually rank them all based on the criteria you can really figure out would you objectivly think was the best Superstar ever.

Of the thirteen you couldn't go wrong with naming like 8 or 9 of them.

Shawn Michaels seems to be getting the majority of the votes, and that's fine. He's the best in ring performer the wrestling buisness has ever seen. I expected most people to give him votes for two reasons: (1) most people here are Shawn Michaels marks (I don't mean that in a derogatory sense). (2) he literally just retired this week so people have on their rose colored glasses for his career.

As long as you explain your reasoning intelligently I ciouldn't argue with you picking any of those thirteen names.

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 11:27 AM
HBK, Cena, even Austin yes... but The Rock is known by almost everyone.

Yeah put you can't judge them based on how many people who don't know wrestling know who they are. You have to go more based on the criteria of how many people they drew to wrestling.

The Rock is more well known in the world now than Steve Austin. But Steve Austin drew more people to wrestling.

At least that's my criteria of drawing power.

XCaliber
04-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Have to go with The Rock on this one if only Bret Hart had the charisma then there would have been some competition and it's a damn shame his career didn't last a while longer than it did.

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Yeah put you can't judge them based on how many people who don't know wrestling know who they are. You have to go more based on the criteria of how many people they drew to wrestling.

The Rock is more well known in the world now than Steve Austin. But Steve Austin drew more people to wrestling.

At least that's my criteria of drawing power.

who the fuck put you in charge of the thread?? shut the fuck up