PDA

View Full Version : Wrestlers who would do anything for wrestling...

Xero
03-31-2010, 11:27 PM
Just thinking, who do you think are some guys who are not in it for themselves but for the greater good of their company and/or the industry as a whole?

Terry Funk comes to mind immediately, as does The Undertaker.

Funk because of how he just continued years after his expiration date and made it work, to get the younger guys over.

Taker for a similar reason. He always seems to be in it for the best of the business. Not only being the locker room leader that he is, but also for putting over such shit guys like Khali, Gonzalez, etc. Especially in the case of Khali, I'm positive he could have vetoed it, but didn't, in order to (try to) get Khali over.

Skippord
03-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Kane

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Ditto for Kane. Also, Val Venis.

Inadequacy
03-31-2010, 11:48 PM
Tommy Dreamer

Emperor Smeat
03-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Ric Flair during the NWA territory days and before his divorce/finiancial problems since he was influential in a lot of promotions and loved to wrestler for the sake of crowd reactions and enjoyment.

I also want to say Andre the Giant mainly due to helping to make Hogan huge by feuding with him leading to the moment of Wrestlemania 3 and helping make wrestling popular in Japan.

On the Rise and Fall of ECW, Heyman basically says it was Funk who helped the company survive the early years by putting over the younger workers since he knew they were the ones who would help push the company/industry in the future.

AngryMidjit
03-31-2010, 11:51 PM
hogan?
errrrr, i mean lance storm

HBPunk
03-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Shawn Michaels

The Franchise
Ric Flair during the NWA territory days and before his divorce/finiancial problems

I bet he wouldny have put over a gay black wrestler

The Franchise
Post-1998 Shawn Michaels

Fixed.

HBPunk
03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
also, id do anything for a slice of beer soaked chicken. and id do anything if someone could kill my loud neighbours

kareru
03-31-2010, 11:55 PM
DDP

a lot of wrestlers owe their careers to that guy

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 11:56 PM
DDP

a lot of wrestlers owe their careers to that guy

Name 4

HBPunk
03-31-2010, 11:56 PM
SHAWN MICHAELS

Leave my shit alone

The Franchise
03-31-2010, 11:58 PM
You're wrong.

treyace
03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Name 4

LMAO!!!!!!

HBPunk
03-31-2010, 11:59 PM
You're wrong.

Its my opinion you cuntbag, it cant be wrong

kareru
04-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Name 4

anyone under 40 at wcw

St. Jimmy
04-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Chris Benoit, I mean when his family got in the way...

St. Jimmy
04-01-2010, 12:01 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/6401703g69.gif

The Franchise
Its my opinion you cuntbag, it cant be wrong

In my opinion the sky is green.

Loose Cannon
John Cena certainly.

Actually, I think most of the guys today for into that category.

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Chris Benoit, I mean when his family got in the way...

Well......Chris did get his son over cos of the murder

more than Ric did to get David over anyway.

A hard pat on the back for the murder lover

McLegend
04-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Vince McMahon, and I think Bischoff.

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
In my opinion the sky is green.

So you have watched the sky and spent time thinking about it and your 'opinion' is that the sky is green? Great dude, i think its blue but good luck

kareru
04-01-2010, 12:06 AM
Sting

the guy personifies company loyalty

St. Jimmy
04-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Terry Funk comes to mind immediately.

Ask him to actually retire, see what happens.

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Ask him to actually retire, see what happens.

I just text him there and asked him

Beauser
04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Sting

the guy personifies company loyalty

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:24 AM
I offered him $4 to jump into my barb wire fence and he said 'yes of course, that would be a lovely big sum of money, i've been embarrassing myself and spoiling my legacy for almost 25 years so why stop now' the last two lines he said were inaudible as he gurgled his own blood

HBPunk
04-01-2010, 12:51 AM
man he sucks

James Steele
04-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Triple H

WWE would be fucked today if it wasn't for the stars Triple H made.

The Show Off
04-01-2010, 01:20 AM
Triple H

WWE would be fucked today if it wasn't for the stars Triple H made.

Some may argue with this but I'm going to have to agree with James on this one. Batista and Randy Orton owe their status to Triple H and Evolution.

That and Triple H would do anything to help the buisness, though sometimes his ideas of what "helps" the buisness is ill advised.

YoungFlyFlashy
04-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Steve Regal.

Verbose Minch
04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Mick Foley?

Favre4Ever
04-01-2010, 02:08 AM
When HBK came back in 2002, he jobbed to absolutely everyone in the company. Except this time around, he didn't need World Titles to keep his smile, didn't need to go over at the biggest PPV's. And he put on the best matches. The absolute best. Tremendous.

Foley is another good one. What about Jericho? Despite the break he took, which was understandable considering the incredible schedule these guys work, I feel like Jericho has almost always done just about everything he can for the WWE.

Favre4Ever
04-01-2010, 02:10 AM
I also wanna add that Jericho JUST did it for Swagger, and he'll likely be doing it again for Daniel Bryan when he hits the main roster.

KIRA
04-01-2010, 03:43 AM
I wanna say Goldust in recent months but I'm not sure he counts

CWK
04-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Triple H would do anything for wrestling, no matter what it was (i.e. Katie Vick angle)

Emperor Smeat
04-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Probably would be easier to narrow the list down to people who have parents or relatives in wrestling and those who don't need to worry about making money and can wrestle for fun.

Would make it easier to include someone like an Orton or Rock where they continue the family wrestling tradition or someone like a Cena or Hogan where they are financially secured so they don't need to worry about viewing wrestling as a paycheck-style job.

Sixx
04-01-2010, 10:22 PM
HULK HOGAN!!!1!one!

Fignuts
04-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Brock Lesnar

Gerard
04-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Kane and Big show, theyve jobbed to literally everyone on the roster multiple times despite their "monster" persona, been in quite a few semi retarded storylines.. Paul Bearer always considered Jacobs a "company man" as well.

Mr. Nerfect
04-02-2010, 03:17 AM
Kane was the first man who came to mind. When The Undertaker is willing to let you end his WrestleMania streak, but you say "No, thanks -- let someone else do it," you know you've got a modest man. It was The Franchise who first mentioned Kane, in a post that also mentioned Val Venis. I'd agree with Venis, too. Lance Storm once said that Val is "too nice" to ever get a push for himself.

John Cena would probably do anything for the WWE. If the WWE asked him to put over some random dude tomorrow, he would almost certainly do it (see: Sheamus). It's just the WWE don't ask Cena to do anything.

I get where people are coming from with Triple H. It's tricky, though -- there's definitely a lot of self-preservation about Triple H. Granted, this allowed him to be the big star he is today, which in turns lends more strength to people when he does put them over. I wouldn't call Triple H a "selfless company man" though. The same goes for The Undertaker.

Chris Jericho is one guy I would mention, though. The guy will gladly lose to JTG if asked to. William Regal is another, as well. The man will do anything asked of him to entertain.

NoRoolz
04-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Triple H definitely. So, he liked having the limelight for himself and may not have always been completely business minded. But you just know the guy loves his wrestling and will strive to do his all for it for many years to come.

Skippord
04-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Kane was the first man who came to mind. When The Undertaker is willing to let you end his WrestleMania streak, but you say "No, thanks -- let someone else do it," you know you've got a modest man. It was The Franchise who first mentioned Kane
I mentioned Kane first, you big jerk

theexample
04-02-2010, 09:16 AM
The Brooklyn Brawler and Barry Horowitz.

Jeritron
04-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Mae Young will clearly do anything for wrestling

XCaliber
04-02-2010, 09:24 AM
I believe Regal is a fine example of this.

Chavo Classic
04-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Nathan Jones and Brock Lesnar.

Nah, just shitting. Some of the guys in those retarded Indy feds like CZW deserve a mention though. They might not be role models or even good wrestlers, but guys like Zandig, Wifebeater and Messiah put themselves through incredible amounts of pain and stress to appease a few hundred (at best) bloodthirsty fans in an attempt to try make a living. Cena can suck my balls with his pampered little lips.

Skippord
04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Also Edge

Undrtakr87
04-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Serena. What other woman in wrestling has/would have had their head shaved?

Also, a little off topic but after seeing some videos of her before she joined WWE I think this woman has talent, too. Hopefully WWE uses it.

AKin3D
04-03-2010, 04:48 AM

Also, a little off topic but after seeing some videos of her before she joined WWE I think this woman has talent, too. Hopefully WWE uses it.

Molly Holly

Undrtakr87
04-03-2010, 04:52 AM
Molly Holly

Okay, you got me. :shifty: I actually remember that now that you mention it.

Sixx
04-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Nathan Jones and Brock Lesnar.

Nah, just shitting. Some of the guys in those retarded Indy feds like CZW deserve a mention though. They might not be role models or even good wrestlers, but guys like Zandig, Wifebeater and Messiah put themselves through incredible amounts of pain and stress to appease a few hundred (at best) bloodthirsty fans in an attempt to try make a living. Cena can suck my balls with his pampered little lips.

I have never heard of The Wifebeater, but I'm pretty sure he's my favourite wrestler.

Rammsteinmad
04-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Kevin Nash and Scott Hall.

Indifferent Clox
04-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Kane

Stealth-Icon
04-03-2010, 03:00 PM

Roxxi also

Xero
04-03-2010, 03:01 PM
Luna was shaving most of her head at points.

Indifferent Clox
04-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Daniel Bryan

Jakob Synn
04-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Why are people saying Brock Lesnar? Seriously? I totally don't see it. If he would do anything for wrestling then wouldn't he still be wrestling? I don't see Brock as the kind of guy who would do anything for wrestling. He's the kind of guy who will do anything for himself.

He went from being an amateur wrestler to a wrester in the WWE to playing for the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL to being in the UFC all in a matter of 10 years.

I'm sorry, but that's not someone who would do anything for wrestling.

kareru
04-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Mick Foley
'nuff said

St. Jimmy
04-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Why are people saying Brock Lesnar? Seriously? I totally don't see it. If he would do anything for wrestling then wouldn't he still be wrestling? I don't see Brock as the kind of guy who would do anything for wrestling. He's the kind of guy who will do anything for himself.

He went from being an amateur wrestler to a wrester in the WWE to playing for the Minnesota Vikings in the NFL to being in the UFC all in a matter of 10 years.

I'm sorry, but that's not someone who would do anything for wrestling.

If Brock hears this he's gonna drive to your house and break your computer over your face. Don't talk bad about Brock on the internets.

thedamndest
04-03-2010, 05:17 PM
I would do anything for wrestling, but I won't do that.

Aguakate
04-04-2010, 12:41 AM
Vince McMahon, or as HBK would say, "Vinnie McMannequin".

He does ANYTHING for wrestling...he'll get into a match and get absolutely KILLED...he'll take crazy bumps (see St Valentine's Day Massacre 1999, i believe...the HBK WrestleMania match where he was in a trash can waiting for an elboq drop off the ladder)...he's the prototype of someone who'll do ANYTHING.

...and the great thing about him is, that he's the owner, and he demands you give it your ALL, that you go ALL OUT...but he doesn't stop there...he actually GETS IN THERE AND DOES IT HIMSELF.

kareru
04-04-2010, 08:32 AM

He does ANYTHING for wrestling...he'll get into a match and get absolutely KILLED...he'll take crazy bumps (see St Valentine's Day Massacre 1999, i believe...the HBK WrestleMania match where he was in a trash can waiting for an elboq drop off the ladder)...he's the prototype of someone who'll do ANYTHING.

...and the great thing about him is, that he's the owner, and he demands you give it your ALL, that you go ALL OUT...but he doesn't stop there...he actually GETS IN THERE AND DOES IT HIMSELF.

VKM doesn't count, he hates wrestling,
although many props to him and shane willing to get down and dirty

Xero
04-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Vince doesn't HATE wrestling, he just knows what sells for mainstream to make an easy buck.

He ain't wrong in that respect.

kareru
04-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Vince doesn't HATE wrestling, he just knows what sells for mainstream to make an easy buck.

He ain't wrong in that respect.

it's all about tha monay

Xero
04-04-2010, 09:15 AM
As any publicly traded business should be.

Not saying he couldn't be making money other ways with wrestling, but he ain't hurting for cash in today's era.

roach21
04-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Mick Foley hands down. He let Orton spit in his face and go over at Wrestlemania. Edge put him through a table that was on fire. Had the match with Rock where he took 60 chair shots handcuffed. Hell, he even went to TNA...

DLVH84
04-04-2010, 11:08 AM
Stevie Richards. He was willing to put younger talent over and has helped train Shane for matches.

6-String King
04-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I bet he wouldny have put over a gay black wrestler

who would? Gay people weren't born with souls like you and me. They are mere spawns of satan. Cum Gargling Semen Demons.

XIII
04-05-2010, 08:49 PM
terry funk, mic foley, hbk, hogan, stone cold, and as much as you might not like it.....John Cena

BollywoodSingh
04-10-2010, 10:53 PM
The Undertaker? I don't think anyone has buried more guys than the Undertaker has.

Mr. Pierre
04-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Just because someone loses to The Undertaker doesn't mean that they haven't benefited from having a hard-fought match and/or an extended program with one their biggest stars ever.

Taker's credibility is on such another level than the rest of the roster, it's almost like defeating The Undertaker has become more difficult than winning a World Championship. It's gotten to the point where the Streak arguably draws more interest than the World Title matches at Mania. His consistent booking of protecting his character and being selective with who defeats him, has put him on this level, and I don't really see a problem with it.

CSL
04-11-2010, 01:02 AM
hogan?
errrrr, i mean lance storm

LMAO!!!!!!

anyone under 40 at wcw

Well......Chris did get his son over cos of the murder

more than Ric did to get David over anyway.

A hard pat on the back for the murder lover

The Brooklyn Brawler and Barry Horowitz.

Mick Foley
'nuff said

VKM doesn't count, he hates wrestling,
although many props to him and shane willing to get down and dirty

Mick Foley hands down. He let Orton spit in his face and go over at Wrestlemania. Edge put him through a table that was on fire. Had the match with Rock where he took 60 chair shots handcuffed. Hell, he even went to TNA...

Stevie Richards. He was willing to put younger talent over and has helped train Shane for matches.

who would? Gay people weren't born with souls like you and me. They are mere spawns of satan. Cum Gargling Semen Demons.

terry funk, mic foley, hbk, hogan, stone cold, and as much as you might not like it.....John Cena

Kane Knight
04-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Triple H.

No, wait. I had the title backwards.

voncouch
04-11-2010, 04:20 AM
William Regal is another, as well. The man will do anything asked of him to entertain.

Like job to Goldberg?

Attitude99
04-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Taker And HBK For Sure, And Yes Triple H Too, The guy Has Been There Forever

DAMN iNATOR
04-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Can't believe nobody's said it yet, but the first name that came to my mind was The Rock. He put over Hurricane during his build to his 3rd and final encounter with Austin at WM XIX, and even took a small amount of time to go 2-on-3 with Evolution the following year at WM XX, and did a hell of a job putting Orton over.

Skippord
04-12-2010, 04:04 PM
lol Cum Gargling Semen Demons