PDA

View Full Version : Games you're currently playing

Jonster
04-14-2004, 08:28 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">The clue is in the title... what games are you currently playing, and (if you can be bothered) why?

Me:
Rainbow Six 3 (XBox) - Cause it's on Xbox Live, and can be a laugh when played with people you know.

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (XBox) - Cause it's possibly the best multiplayer game I've played (even if I can't win a round anymore - I always seem to find games with people who are a lot better than me)

Detonator (PS2) - It's a fun little puzzle game, where you blow up buildings. Is part of Midas' budget range, and was well worth the £10 I paid

Warioland 4 (GBA) - My friend lent it me, and it's actually pretty damned fun.

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic - I've finally decided I'm gonna make an effort to play it. I've owned it for god knows how long (think I got it at launch), and before playing today I'd played it for a total of 1 hour and 5 minutes.

Think that's about it for now...</font>

Y2Ant
04-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Gunbound
www.gunbound.net

NHL 2004

Monkey Island 4

Unreal Tournament 2004

Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) (ZSNES)

Y2Ant
04-14-2004, 08:45 PM
my reason being that all those games are the man

especially Gunbound, since it's free and a lot of TPWWers have it (compared to previous games)

Wengerland
04-14-2004, 08:49 PM
Gunbound

Pro Evolution Soccer 3

Rugby 2004

Championship Manager 03-04

All those games are pretty good,especially Gunbound cause you play people from everywhere,and TPWWer's like Ant said.

Jonster
04-14-2004, 08:57 PM
<font color="#99CCFF">I do have Gunbound downloaded and installed, I just rarely play it.
I played on there a few times in one session, and everyone seemed to be dicks...</font>

Kane Knight
04-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Drakengard

That is all.

Wengerland
04-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Jonster,start off playing with guys from here,cause then they won't get mad at a miss or be all uptight.

Cactus Sid
04-14-2004, 09:03 PM
Pro Evolution Soccer 3 - Play it practically every day, its great when you've got people over, and I've currently got a thing about scoring wonder goals.

Smackdown HCTP - Don't play it very often, but right now I'm trying to get all the correct champions, and get some people to be better than the game makes them. Currently doing a season with Randy Orton, but I've got a bitch of a match on Raw - Fatal Four Way TLC Match - Flair and Austin are ALWAYS involved, I've also had Steiner, HHH and Edge, it is a right bitch to win.

Championship Manager 03/04 - Have stopped playing it as my mate's gone to Tunisia for the week, but tis the greatest game of all time, thats why I play it so often.

Total Extreme Warfare - Ryland's new game. Really good, and enjoying it. Really in-depth, just plain old fashioned fun

Y2Ant
04-14-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah it's better when we all arrange games with each other instead of playing pub :o

Dragon
04-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Gunbound

That is it.

DS
04-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Battlefield Vietnam: This is tied for the best PC FPS. What a great game.

Unreal Tournament 2004: This is what it's tied with. What an amazing game.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Just finishing up some games. Doubt I'll play it much after that.

Jonster
04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Jonster,start off playing with guys from here,cause then they won't get mad at a miss or be all uptight.

<font color="#99CCFF">Prolly the best idea :)</font>

Kane Knight
04-14-2004, 11:02 PM
As for why...

I dunno...The only game I have of replay value that I haven't worn into the ground is Smackdown: HCTP...But I'm taking a break from that one, so it's Drakengard only. I'm trying to get 100% completion on the game, both story mode, and weapons...

Arashi Kage
04-14-2004, 11:24 PM
Beat Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes twice, haven't really played it in a week and a half.

Been continuing an incomplete game of Zelda: Wind Waker after an 11 and a half month delay.

On the weekends, find some time for the occasional Soul Calibur 2 match or a game of NHL '94 or 2003.

JJ Moore
04-14-2004, 11:55 PM
Battlefield Vietnam: This is tied for the best PC FPS. What a great game.

Unreal Tournament 2004: This is what it's tied with. What an amazing game.

Also im still playing BF1942 with Desert Combat alot, and slo NFS Underground, in 3 days ive done 103/111 levels *i wanted a nice car* umm also cracked out Micro Machines V3 :love:

What Would Kevin Do?
04-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Worms 3D
Tony Hawk Underground
Timesplitters 2
Smackdown: HCTP
Dynasty Warriors 4 Extreme Legends
King of Collesium

Boomer
04-15-2004, 12:49 AM
Final Fantasy 1
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus
MVP Baseball 2004 (sorry...but it sucks....no joystick support for my psx controller)

Gunbound....if I EVER saw anyone on. Seriously. I have bad timing.

MrMeJW
04-15-2004, 12:58 AM
Metroid Fusion
Worms 3D
WarioWare
Prince of Persia
Paper Mario

What Would Kevin Do?
04-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Drakengard

That is all.

Out of curiousity, have you played the Dynasty Warrior games, specifically 4??

Kane Knight
04-15-2004, 01:51 AM
I've played 3+4, plus their respctive XL games. I own 3 and XL, but was annoyed with a lot of the stuff in 4.

Kane Knight
04-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Drakengard is kinda DW Lite. :D

el fregadero
04-15-2004, 01:59 AM
<font color=teal><b>Gran Turismo III A-Spec</b> it's a good game, that's why.</font> :o

Savio
04-15-2004, 02:51 AM
Worms 2, Perfect dark, Rainbow 6 3.

Vietnamese Crippler
04-15-2004, 03:28 AM
Resident Evil 0 - I got it like 6 months ago and stopped playing because the game started to freak me out. So I stopped for awhile :shifty:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - I just got this today and haven't had a chance to play it :o

Metroid Prime - Still stuck on that last boss for a few months now :-\

Vega
04-15-2004, 06:04 AM
Counterstrike (ongoing)

and

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic. Already beat it on light side, now playing as dark side and plan on having all the best items by the end of the game.

-edit-

BTW, i beat the last boss in kotor WITHOUT destroying any of the fallen jedi tanks, a feat that was almost impossible (only did it because i had no offensive force powers) and took many a reload.

Scarface
04-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance - Because Im a metal gear addict. Completed many, many times but I still love it.

Vice City - I've had it since release and I still enjoy the carnage.

Final Fantasy X-2 - I love RPG's, and I've completed this a couple of times already.

What Would Kevin Do?
04-15-2004, 01:03 PM
Drakengard is kinda DW Lite. :D
That's why I asked... I haven't played Drakengard, but I've heard about it in comparrison to DW. Koei seems to be setting up the Samurai Warriors franchise the same way they did DW, starting off small, planning tons of sequels.

Kane Knight
04-15-2004, 01:16 PM
That's why I asked... I haven't played Drakengard, but I've heard about it in comparrison to DW. Koei seems to be setting up the Samurai Warriors franchise the same way they did DW, starting off small, planning tons of sequels.
Yeah, it's basically DW with a little bit of Dragon combat.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there'll be a sequel. DG is one of those "Love 'em or hate 'em" games, and those either seem to disappear without a trace, or make it into a trillion dollar franchise. There are a few problems I'd like to see corrected for a sequel and ssuch, but it'd be fun.

However, the storyline's kinda disturbing, and many of the endings leave out a direct sequel. Doesn't mean you can't have a spiritual sequel.

BTW, by disturbing, it's a well-written storyline. It's just...A little weird.

deathtrap
04-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Vega, are you getting Star Wars Battlefront when it comes out.

Disturbed316
04-15-2004, 03:17 PM
This is Football 2004
Here Comes the Pain
Medieval: Total War

What Would Kevin Do?
04-15-2004, 04:57 PM
Disturbing huh? Ah bloody hell, I may actually have to look into it now... I miss games with good storylines.

LoDownM
04-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Counterstrike (ongoing)

and

Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic. Already beat it on light side, now playing as dark side and plan on having all the best items by the end of the game.

-edit-

BTW, i beat the last boss in kotor WITHOUT destroying any of the fallen jedi tanks, a feat that was almost impossible (only did it because i had no offensive force powers) and took many a reload.

I almost beat him without killing the jedi in the room. Then the game decided it was time for me to miss repeatly. And Malak went ape shit on me :(

Penner
04-15-2004, 05:36 PM
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
I started playing Paper Mario, although I've already played it.
I was playing King's Quest 2, but I gave up. I'm also trying to start Police Quest 3, but it keeps ****ing up whenever I try to drive.

Vega
04-15-2004, 06:07 PM
Vega, are you getting Star Wars Battlefront when it comes out.

I haven't heard of this game. What type is it?

Shaggy
04-15-2004, 08:09 PM
I havnt been playing games recently do to us packing and moving but before we packed I was playing SSX Tricky all the time and Need for Speed: Underground. I would play FFX but im stuck at a boss that really kicks my ass so of course I just gave up and put that journey on hold.

Fryza
04-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Dynasty Warriors 4 Extreme Legends

For that, I won't throw a fit in the topic. As for my games:

Dynasty Warriors 3
Dynasty Warriors 4
.hack//Infection Part One
Kingdom Hearts

Bo
04-16-2004, 03:04 AM
SOCOM II
Resident Evil Outbreak

DaveWadding
04-16-2004, 03:22 AM
MVP Baseball 2004

Kristanna Vola
04-16-2004, 03:43 AM
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (finally a game I can play on my dusty game cube) :y: can't wait for MSG 3 :p

LoDownM
04-16-2004, 04:11 AM
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (finally a game I can play on my dusty game cube) :y: can't wait for MSG 3 :p

I love you.

Y2Ant
04-16-2004, 11:45 AM
I love you too

(LoDownM)

Disturbed316
04-16-2004, 11:45 AM
They need to bring out a new Monkey Island game damn it :mad:

Rile
04-17-2004, 08:36 PM
counterstrike, max payne 2, farcry, war3

Buzzkill
04-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Farcry, Ninja: Gaiden, The Suffering, Splinter Cell 2

DS
04-17-2004, 10:17 PM
I haven't heard of this game. What type is it?
It's the Battlefield series with a Star Wars theme. Doesn't look too bad really. Won't be better then Vietnam but I expect it to do quite well.

DS
04-17-2004, 10:18 PM
Farcry, Ninja: Gaiden, The Suffering, Splinter Cell 2
How is Farcry? It looks great graphically but just looks like a Halo type ripoff with no multiplayer. Any good?

Xen0ciDe
04-18-2004, 04:47 AM
CS
Farcry
COD

Farcry has multiplayer btw. Why do you think it comes with xfire lol. It's a great game, graphics and sound are excellent, but the gameplay and dynamics make it fun. There are many ways to solve problems etc.

Vega
04-18-2004, 04:50 AM
It's the Battlefield series with a Star Wars theme. Doesn't look too bad really. Won't be better then Vietnam but I expect it to do quite well.

Is it a mod for BF1942, or an entire new game? Either way it sounds good.

road doggy dogg
04-18-2004, 05:23 AM
Hmmm

NHL 2004, both on PC and Gamecube

Fun to play on PC with TPWWers, shame that league thing never came to fruition. Still, fun to smack Cheeba around once in a while. :p On Gamecube... holy damn, the dynasty mode is ****ing sweet. Going to suck all my free time away. It is so in-depth, I love it. I really hope next year's edition of the game will improve a lot of things. Nothing major though.

Gunbound

Been mentioned a ton already. The latest TPWW craze. Fun as hell to play with friends. Doesn't requite a lot of skill to play (very easy learning curve), but difficult enough that you have to practice to make the skill shots. Even then, it's just good grand multiplayer fun. I'd even say moreso than AoE, since the better Gunbound players on TPWW don't totally obliterate the newer guys.

Diablo II

Actually, I stopped playing this along with Ant and Klepto et all months and months ago. Lately I've been picking it back up and playing with my friend on battle.net. Very addicting game, especially back in its heydey. Shame that the long-anticipated 1.10 patch was a total bomb. I'm actually looking for a new game to 'replace' Diablo II (hence that other topic I posted)

Unreal Tournament 2004

A first-person shooter the way they were meant to be played. Classic fragging fun, with your staples in CTF, Domination (king of the hill), and of course: ONSLAUGHT. Haven't played too much with TPWWers yet (me and Ant played a few times, but haven't gotten too much into it yet), but I play with my sister's boyfriend at least once a week. I installed the game on my other PC, so we play virtually lag-free a lot. Barrels of rocket-launching fun.

Final Fantasy 5

Just an old classic I've been playing lately on ZSNES. Always a fun game, the job system is simply fantastic. So many side quests and hidden items and all that good fun. I definitely want to pick up the American PSX release of the game, just so I have it in console format. Great storyline, addictive as hell gameplay, and just your run-of-the-mill Final Fantasy goodness.

DS
04-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Is it a mod for BF1942, or an entire new game? Either way it sounds good.
Entirely new game.

Oh, I thought that it was just single player. :meh: It looked pretty nice but still looks like a Halo clone in most ways. I'll look into it.

Xen0ciDe
04-18-2004, 09:45 PM
I have both games, and IMO Farcry is far better.

mitch_h
04-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
MVP Baseball 2004
Baseball Mogul 2004

Xero
04-19-2004, 01:05 PM
Right now, Im really only playing Morrowind... Im so addicted... Im trying to level up mostly, only have done one quest of the Main Quest...

Im also playing Sonic Mega Collection off and on... And HCTP...