PDA

View Full Version : For the people who hated Piggy James (semi-Superstar spoiler, I guess)...

Anybody Thrilla
04-09-2010, 11:58 AM
...how do you feel about the direction they seem to be going with the Michelle McCool/Beth Phoenix feud?

In a promo on Superstars, Team LayCool basically sat there and called Beth a man for five minutes. They said that she was 'chromosomically challenged', and as such, she should be disqualified from competition for the Divas championship. They then booked an "inter-gender" match between Beth and Layla.

I tend to remember a lot of people thinking that the Piggy James angle was distasteful. Personally, I loved it. I was just curious as to what people think about this. Personally, I love it already.

BigDaddyCool
04-09-2010, 12:00 PM
It is very cheap and unoriginal. It would be funnier if it was against Chyna though.

DLVH84
04-09-2010, 12:01 PM
It is very cheap and unoriginal. It would be funnier if it was against Chyna though.

Point taken.

Swiss Ultimate
04-09-2010, 12:02 PM
It wouldn't be funnier, it'd just be more correct.

Gerard
04-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Jesus christ.."laycool". What are these creative geniuses being paid to come up with gems like that. :foc:

Showmiz and Jerishow at least sound somewhat plausible.

Could probably get away with calling the 2 ho's "jack-off" to cater for the demographics antics while theyre on screen.

Anybody Thrilla
04-09-2010, 12:07 PM
I think it's the 'edgiest' program in the PG universe, and the loophole of Beth allegedly not being able to compete for the title reminds me a bit of Chris Jericho's WCW heel run.

BigDaddyCool
04-09-2010, 12:09 PM
It is just very school yard bullying antics. I mean if that is what they want to go with, fine.

Anybody Thrilla
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I think that's what the characters basically are. They're like the Plastics from Mean Girls. Now with Vickie backing them, their bullshit is validated. I think they're great heels. Also, Layla is shit hot.

Schlomey
04-09-2010, 12:21 PM
it might come across as funny or whatever if Michelle McCool knew how to talk on the mic. The only thing I think when she is on how embarrassed I am for her and her lack of skills.

Nicky Fives
04-09-2010, 12:39 PM
All these angles put over McCool & Layla as childish, bitch heels..... so if they want to live with that stigma, I got no problem with either storyline

Anybody Thrilla
04-09-2010, 12:40 PM
All these angles put over McCool & Layla as childish, bitch heels..... so if they want to live with that stigma, I got no problem with either storyline

What are you even trying to say? Do you think their personas now will plague them for the rest of their lives or something?

The Show Off
04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Jesus christ.."laycool". What are these creative geniuses being paid to come up with gems like that. :foc:

Showmiz and Jerishow at least sound somewhat plausible.

Could probably get away with calling the 2 ho's "jack-off" to cater for the demographics antics while theyre on screen.

You can't call them Jack-Off that's the name of mine and Jack Swagger's tag team.

Damian Rey
04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
It is just very school yard bullying antics. I mean if that is what they want to go with, fine.

:y: It is working though. McCool and Layla have been seemingly drawing heat with their current gimmick. Which, at the end of the day, is what matters.

I personally have no problem with it. It's something different and the fact that it's been a running storyline for months now at the very least shows that SmackDown! and Hayes care about developing their Divas. When was the last time we've this kind of long term booking in the Women's division?

Oh...and Layla is amazing to look at.

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/8030651530/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/26/40.jpg

Jakob Synn
04-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Meh, I think it's kind of lame

Innovator
04-09-2010, 02:02 PM
It put Layla on TV

VSG
04-09-2010, 02:52 PM

Better than "Cool Lay", mate!

Kane Knight
04-09-2010, 02:57 PM
"Piggy James" struck me as phenomenally dumb. So does this, but beyond thinking it stupid, I can't say I care much.

RGWhat316
04-09-2010, 03:03 PM
It just seems like cheap heat to me. WWE is fully behind Michelle for some reason, but the girl just can't get heat to save her life. So they have her call Mickie fat, and Beth a man just to get people to give her some kind of reaction.

HBPunk
04-09-2010, 03:07 PM
well smackdown is a bore fest so this is a good thing. beth is hot and also quite manish so its fair game, piggy james wasn't offensive at all, worst bit was that fucking horse michelle mccool trying to speak

Jakob Synn
04-09-2010, 03:31 PM
well smackdown is a bore fest so this is a good thing. beth is hot and also quite manish so its fair game, piggy james wasn't offensive at all, worst bit was that fucking horse michelle mccool trying to speak

If by "Smackdown is a borefest" you mean in the Diva's division then yes I agree with you.

While RAW has always been about being a show and Smackdown has always been about the quality of wrestling, why don't they show it in the Diva's division? I'm sure that would give TNA a run for it's money.

It seems to me that always on Smackdown they slowly progress the Divas while on RAW they just get it all done quickly and move on.

I have no problem with it, but have something interesting to hook me in Smackdown.

Kane Knight
04-09-2010, 04:10 PM
It just seems like cheap heat to me. WWE is fully behind Michelle for some reason, but the girl just can't get heat to save her life. So they have her call Mickie fat, and Beth a man just to get people to give her some kind of reaction.

WWE getting behind someone who can't maintain their reaction? I call shenanigans.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-09-2010, 06:12 PM

lol u complaining about cheap schoolyard bullying tactics... rich.

Anyways... if it gets them heat then it gets them heat, if they deliver it right and there's a good payoff then it's a good angle, let's just see where it goes.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-09-2010, 06:13 PM

I don't know if you're being serious or you're strictly trying to goad people, but people liek you are what makes the wrestling forum shit.

TNA&USA#1
04-09-2010, 06:44 PM
WWE Divas are stupid TNA Knockouts can wrestle. WWE is just boobs

Jakob Synn
04-09-2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.wrestlingnewsdesk.com/WND/images/stories/galleries/brooke11/Brooke%20Flirty%202.jpg

Who's that Bobby Heenan wannabe in the background?

Theo Dious
04-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Jesus Christ you fucking morons.

MICHELLE MCCOOL IS A FUCKING HEEL!!!

SHE IS DOING THE SORT OF THINGS HEELS DO!!!

WHAT SHE SAYS IS THOUGHT UP BY WRITERS TO GET HER OVER AS A VILLIAN!!!

GROW A FEW ADDITIONAL BRAIN CELLS AND LEARN THAT THIS IS A FUCKING PERFORMANCE!!!

BETH PHOENIX IS A WOMAN WHO WRESTLED ON THE GUYS TEAM IN HIGH SCHOOL AND EXCELLED AT IT!!! WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY NOT HAVE THEIR SHALLOW, HIGH-SCHOOL MENTALITY FEMALE HEEL USE THAT?!?!?!

IT SICKENS ME THAT I SHARE AIR WITH SOME OF YOU RETARDS!!!

Jura
04-10-2010, 01:10 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/x56zw2.jpg

kareru
04-10-2010, 01:11 AM
IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY........

Juan
04-10-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't know if you're being serious or you're strictly trying to goad people, but people liek you are what makes the wrestling forum shit.

so true

Shadow
04-10-2010, 01:39 AM
She's not even a good heel. She wouldn't be anywhere if she wasn't fucking the Undertaker.

Volare
04-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Since Divas matches seem to go as painfully long as 3 minutes these days, I could care less about the divas matches, instead of walking down the ramp honestly.

Skippord
04-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Jesus Christ you fucking morons.

MICHELLE MCCOOL IS A FUCKING HEEL!!!

SHE IS DOING THE SORT OF THINGS HEELS DO!!!

WHAT SHE SAYS IS THOUGHT UP BY WRITERS TO GET HER OVER AS A VILLIAN!!!

GROW A FEW ADDITIONAL BRAIN CELLS AND LEARN THAT THIS IS A FUCKING PERFORMANCE!!!

BETH PHOENIX IS A WOMAN WHO WRESTLED ON THE GUYS TEAM IN HIGH SCHOOL AND EXCELLED AT IT!!! WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY NOT HAVE THEIR SHALLOW, HIGH-SCHOOL MENTALITY FEMALE HEEL USE THAT?!?!?!

IT SICKENS ME THAT I SHARE AIR WITH SOME OF YOU RETARDS!!!

I feel like there was an unnecessary amount of dedication put into this

LK
04-10-2010, 06:10 AM
Meh, it's womens wrestling featuring two pretty untalented no marks who need to be put with Vickie Guerrero in order to gain heat. I'm left pretty unmoved by the whole thing. Also their voices irritate the hell out of me.

RGWhat316
04-10-2010, 07:58 AM
I miss this chick. Anybilly Thrilly knows what I'm talking about.

http://www.wrestlingnewsdesk.com/WND/images/stories/galleries/brooke11/Brooke%20Flirty%202.jpg

http://ecw.twentyeyes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/brooke-adams-ecw-wwe-kvr-2.jpg

She has reappeared again. She was on TNA as Bischoff's new secretary. I missed her myself.

Kane Knight
04-10-2010, 09:33 AM
I feel like there was an unnecessary amount of dedication put into this

Tedious lives by the motto "if you can't say something smart, say it like a twat."

Theo Dious
04-10-2010, 10:36 AM
When people repeatedly fail to grasp the most obvious facts, you sometimes have to say it on their level.

And being called names by Kane Knight always gives me a warm feeling inside. A sneer from him is a compliment.

Ol Dirty Dastard
04-10-2010, 11:40 AM
It always hurts me to agree with Kane Knight, but you are a douchebag Tedious.

roach21
04-10-2010, 01:08 PM
WWE ripping off TNA with their own version of the Beautiful People perhaps. Layla could get the business... McCool... not so much.

Theo Dious
04-10-2010, 03:41 PM
It always hurts me to agree with Kane Knight, but you are a douchebag Tedious.

I'm sure you can guess exactly how much sleep I'll lose over that.

Anybody Thrilla
04-10-2010, 07:29 PM
Maybe I'm just happy with a showing of actual effort in the women's division as opposed to the normal 'two random divas wrestle to become number one contender, one wins and wrestles the champion, repeat' that usually happens. I find Team LayCool to be pretty entertaining though.

Damian Rey
04-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Maybe I'm just happy with a showing of actual effort in the women's division as opposed to the normal 'two random divas wrestle to become number one contender, one wins and wrestles the champion, repeat' that usually happens. I find Team LayCool to be pretty entertaining though.

This. Like I said earlier, Hayes and the rest of the SmackDown team are actually showing that they care enough to put effort into giving their Divas something long term and meaningful to do.

ron the dial
04-10-2010, 08:11 PM
i love michelle mccool and beth phoenix so this is wonderful for me. keep it coming. i don't give a fuck if it's "childish" or whatever. i'm watching PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING. my standards for storylines, especially womens, are quite low.

Anybody Thrilla
04-10-2010, 08:13 PM
YOU'RE NOT ENOUGH FOR ME
JUST ANOTHER MAN IN LOVE WITH ME