PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War 3 Thread

Shaggy
04-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Well last night Cliffy B was suppose to be on Jimmy Fallon to unviel Epics new game....

That ended up getting pushed to Monday so he can finish his trailer for it and Justin Bieber could perform...

ANY WHO...... This morning this appeared on xbox live apparently suppose to coincide with the announcement last night.

http://cache.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/232370_S/Gears-of-War-3-Coming-April-2011.jpg

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/703814/Gears-of-War-3-Announcement-Ad-Leaks-Coming-In-April-2011.html

Kalyx triaD
04-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Good luck to Epic Games, lots of pressure and comp this year.

Kane Knight
04-09-2010, 01:07 PM
So all that was really leaked was the release date.

G
04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
i'm excited

alvarado52
04-10-2010, 04:26 AM
God...i hope they learn from the first two games what to do and what NOT to do. Epic's formula of releasing a patch once every two months that 'tweaks' the entire gameplay is ridiculous. You use one gun, get used to it, then they patch it so it isnt as strong, and it makes another stronger, etc etc.

And get a good server system going ffs.

D Mac
04-10-2010, 05:38 AM
Never played em.

#BROKEN Hasney
04-10-2010, 06:28 AM
God...i hope they learn from the first two games what to do and what NOT to do. Epic's formula of releasing a patch once every two months that 'tweaks' the entire gameplay is ridiculous. You use one gun, get used to it, then they patch it so it isnt as strong, and it makes another stronger, etc etc.

And get a good server system going ffs.

They tweak it every couple of months? I'm getting on GoW3 early in case they do that then, keep it fresh.

James Diesel
04-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Was watching Attack of the Show and they said that GOW3 will feature new Locust enemies with tentacles that can penetrate player cover, new grenades that will go underground and penetrate enemy cover, and underwater missions

Ermaximus
07-21-2010, 01:36 PM
Decide the Fate Of Carmine In Gears of War 3
Written Wednesday, July 21, 2010 By Richard Walker

It wouldn't be a Gears of War game without a Carmine brother, and Gears 3 is to be no different, introducing Clayton Carmine, whose brothers Ben and Anthony have previously been on the receiving end of a grisly demise.

The fate of Clayton Carmine is in your hands this time though, with the purchase of avatar gear enabling you to decide whether the third Carmine brother lives or dies, with all proceeds going to the Child's Play Charity.

From July 29th, you'll be able to purchase avatar T-shirts from the Xbox Live Avatar Marketplace, with one shirt emblazoned with the words "Save Carmine" and the other reading "Carmine Must Die". It doesn't take a brain surgeon to work out what buying each shirt will do in terms of casting your vote - grab the "Save Carmine" shirt and you'll vote to spare Carmine, while conversely, buying the "Carmine Must Die" shirt will cast a vote for Carmine to join his brothers in being subjected to a nasty death.

We suspect that everyone will be sporting "Carmine Must Die" T-shirts, which means we'll be picking up the "Save Carmine" shirt, just to be different. And it might be interesting to see what happens if a Carmine brother makes it to the end for once. Whatever the case, be sure to grab one of them and donate a bit of money to a good cause.

Gears of War 3 is due for release on April 5th, 2011.

:rofl:

Funky Fly
07-22-2010, 05:35 AM
lol awesome. A man must die to help the kids. Carmine Must Die.

Ermaximus
07-22-2010, 09:31 AM
lol awesome. A man must die to help the kids. Carmine Must Die.

I have a feeling he'll die either way. In fact, I see almost everyone getting killed off this game. They have so many playable characters it's not even funny. Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird, Carmine, Hoffman, Anya, that brunette chick, and Jacen (I think that's his name?) from the comic.

FTR, I'd like to know wtf ever happened to Dizzy from GOW2???

Extreme Angle
07-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Dizzy and Tai fight Skorge while Dom and Marcus use the lifts.
Tai tells Dizzy to run and he does, then radio contact is lost.
Tai is found just before he kills himself.
Dizzy is at the end too.

alvarado52
07-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Really? I never noticed Dizzy is at the end. Just kinda thought he evaporated.

Ermaximus
07-26-2010, 08:49 AM
Really? I never noticed Dizzy is at the end. Just kinda thought he evaporated.

Same here.

Kalyx triaD
09-09-2010, 04:38 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/09/grundberg.jpg

Fignuts
09-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Is that the guy from heroes?

Kalyx triaD
09-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes. Doing VO for the game.

Emperor Smeat
10-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Gears of War 3 pushed back from April 2011 to now a September-November 2011 release date and it has nothing to do with the game having big problems or Epic adding stuff to the game.

Microsoft decided to push the game from a Spring release to a Fall/Winter release for marketing purposes. Most likely they will revolve the whole Fall schedule around Gears 3 even though they would be competing with the next Call of Duty and other big Fall games.

The next day Microsoft shifted the date a bit, saying the game would actually be hitting on April 5, 2011. Today the publisher is shifting Gears 3 a bit more... to the fall of 2011.

And they say the, let's just call it a delay, has nothing to do with development time and everything to do with marketing.

"Gears of War 3 promises to be the biggest entertainment launch of 2011," the Microsoft statement reads. "The teams at Microsoft Game Studios and Epic Games have done great work thus far readying the title for release in the Spring of 2011. However, we've elected to move the launch of Gears of War 3 until Fall 2011 to make it the marquee title for the holiday season."

http://kotaku.com/5652552/gears-of-war-3-delayed-at-least-five-months?skyline=true&s=i

Fignuts
10-01-2010, 05:59 PM
fuuuuuuuuuck

Funky Fly
10-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Why do that? If it's not problems with the game, you're just pissing off gamers.

Ermaximus
10-04-2010, 11:41 AM
I can almost assure you they did it for 2 reasons.

1) To make it a huge fall release like Halo: Reach was this year.

and

2) I'm certain they'll make a limited edition GoW3 System bundle for $399.99 that is all tricked out like the Reach one was.

Also, lol @ Greg Grunberg.

Funky Fly
10-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Some games are going to be huge releases no matter what day they come out. This is a big fuck you to people who support them.

Kalyx triaD
04-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Beta Montage (Grainy):

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/66_bnUpvxno" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Emperor Smeat
06-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Epic Games revealed the special "goodies" or extras for having game saves of Gears 1 and Gears 2 will be chrome skins but each skin is dependent on which game and platform the save is for. "Historical" achievements and classic weapon skins are also part of the extras for loyal players.

"If you did something in 'Gears' PC you get a chrome skin, if you did something in 'Gears 2' you get a chrome skin," Rod Fergusson told MTV Multiplayer. "The chrome set is sort of our thank-you to people who played our games in the past."

Don't worry, that's not all the game is offering. Fergusson said there are more weapon skins tied to historical achievements. For example, "Two of the weapon skins are based on historical weapon skins, so if you want the gold lancer and the gold hammerburst in 'Gears 3,' you get them by owning the gold hammerburst and the gold lancer in 'Gears 2,' so those skins transfer over," he said.
http://kotaku.com/5815516/chrome-skins-are-gears-of-war-3s-unlockable-reward-for-loyal-gears-players

Beast Mode was also revealed as being similar to Horde Mode but with the major changes involving playing as the bad guys and being a time-based mode. 5 players can play at the same time with the scoring system based on how quickly both waves and matches are completed.
http://kotaku.com/5815285/the-new-better-beast-mode-is-gears-of-war-3s-no+longer+secret-weapon

Emperor Smeat
07-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Some new info was released during Comic-Con but mostly dealing with the story and the game ending the Marcus Fenix storyline.

The war against the Locusts will end and this time part of the storyline revolves around Marcus and his dad.

In terms of actual gameplay, 4-player co-op was confirmed and each player can customize the difficulty for themselves as a way to create a balanced experience instead of just forcing everyone into one difficulty mode.

Then came the gameplay info. Not only will the game sport four player co-op in the campaign but each player can select their own difficulty setting in an effort to make the game more accessible, which is an incredibly great idea!

Finally, a special multiplayer lobby will only be accessible for those new to the series or don't have any achievements from the 1st two Gears games. It is meant to let those people have a chance to learn and get used to the game's style without being at a disadvantage from the start against others who already have experience with the series.

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/Gears-of-War-3-details-emerge-from-Comic-Con

G
07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
and each player can customize the difficulty for themselves as a way to create a balanced experience instead of just forcing everyone into one difficulty mode.

it was that way in 2. dunno why they are making it sound like it's new and exciting.

Ermaximus
07-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Fuck Seriously 3.0. Level 100 and all Onyx Medals. Yea, I guess I'll never get Seriously, Seriously 2.0, or Seriously 3.0 ever.

Emperor Smeat
08-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Epic Games announced they have a special banning system set in place for those who have been leaking footage of the single player campaign on Youtube and other video sites. The banning tool is rumored to be strong enough to make all modes of the game unplayable and is also being tested for use against pirated copies.

Epic Games has been upset at both the large amount of footage leaked that has spoiled most of the single player campaign and the extra work needed from Microsoft who wanted parts of the game redone as a result.

"We have a banning system built into our stuff so we can go in and identify certain people. Some people aren't smart about what they do. They'll be disappointed on 20th September when they can't get in and can't play. They may be banned."

Fergusson also said that the leaked version isn't a fair representation of the final version's polish and he also had special message to those who've pirated the game.

"If you don't value this community, you don't value this experience, then we don't value you. I'd rather pick that one bad apple out of the pool so everybody else can have a better time."

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/Epic-can-ban-those-who-spoil-Gears-of-War-3-They-have-the-technology

Fryza
08-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Instead of banning the leakers, they could have spent time and money invested in the multiplayer, working on balancing, weapon/player spawns and rates, reducing and balancing the maps themselves, etc.

Played countless hours in one and two, and know those games were unbalanced and broken. Two even more so.

Oh well.

Emperor Smeat
08-31-2011, 06:07 PM
Microsoft announces Gears 3 will have its own pass and it is similar to Mortal Kombat's characters package discount.

Microsoft has announced that they will be releasing a Gears of War 3 Season Pass via the Xbox Live Marketplace when the game hits stores on September 20. This Season Pass gives players access to the first four DLC packs and will set you back 2,400 MS points, which is roughly about $30.

The pass makes the entire DLC about 33% cheaper but only if all the packs are bought. The first DLC pack wouldn't show up until November though.

http://screwattack.com/blogs/ScrewAttack-News/Microsoft-introduces-the-Gears-of-War-3-Season-Pass

Kalyx triaD
08-31-2011, 06:26 PM
I happen to like the Season Pass thing.

G
08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
I do as well. The only problem is you're taking a gamble on not hearing whether or not the content is shit before you buy it.

OldSchoolFan
09-09-2011, 09:03 AM
I have been so excited for this game... mainly the single player I love the story. Then I realized something the other day. My wife scheduled for a C-Section that morning, so due to the birth of my son I am going to have to dodge possible spoilers for a few months lol. Me and my wife were kind of amused the other day when we realized the birth of our son Domonic Mark will be the same day they release the game staring Marcus and Domonic. We are easily amused what can I say.

Malfeitor
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm beyond ecstatic for this game. The beta was the fucking shit and I'm sure it'll be more amazing. I've got the Epic edition all paid off.

G
09-19-2011, 01:50 PM
The haze animated gun skins are free right now (320 points normally)

"The Haze Set decks out your Gears 3 multiplayer weapon loadout with a wispy smoke texture."

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...a7ad?cid=SLink (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Weapon-Skin-Bundle-Haze-Animated-Set/ed6f1358-55db-4421-98d7-0f148f1aa7ad?cid=SLink)

Captain of Fun
09-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I am using this release to upgrade my 360 to an s-type, with the special release version.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71uhkSQ3H4L._AA1300_.jpg

G
09-19-2011, 07:47 PM
i hope you're getting it from a place giving a $40 gift card like amazon

Boomer
09-20-2011, 12:36 AM
It is crazy how much I want this game. It isn't especially the greatest series ever, but it sold me on buying a 360 and I still love how it plays. Too bad I've got other things to play, and don't need to be spending money right now.

alvarado52
09-20-2011, 12:42 AM
Can't wait to get back in the trenches...

alvarado52
09-20-2011, 12:44 AM
The haze animated gun skins are free right now (320 points normally)

"The Haze Set decks out your Gears 3 multiplayer weapon loadout with a wispy smoke texture."

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...a7ad?cid=SLink (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Weapon-Skin-Bundle-Haze-Animated-Set/ed6f1358-55db-4421-98d7-0f148f1aa7ad?cid=SLink)

I wonder if the season pass thing includes gun skins...

Boomer
09-20-2011, 12:50 AM
It comes with one animated skin. Jeff from GB bought everything just to be ridiculous.

http://www.giantbomb.com/a-quick-look-at-gears-of-war-3s-paid-weapons-skins/17-4912/

Extreme Angle
09-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Really good game...

G
09-20-2011, 08:11 AM
It is crazy how much I want this game. It isn't especially the greatest series ever, but it sold me on buying a 360 and I still love how it plays. Too bad I've got other things to play, and don't need to be spending money right now.

Yeah, me too. I would love to get the console just to play this.

Captain of Fun
09-20-2011, 08:55 AM
They've got a Gears of War 1 & 2 doublepack at the wal-mart I'm going to buy the console at. Since I have the next 3 days off, I believe I will marathon through the entire trilogy.

ClockShot
09-20-2011, 09:26 AM
Just like Gears 1 & 2, I'll bide my time and get this when it's cheap. Got waaaaay to much cash spread out on pre-orders right now.

Disturbed316
09-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Wasn't sure if I was going to get this on first day, but thought fuck it and got it anyway.

Ermaximus
09-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Anybody got a Savage Kantus skin they'd like to trade for a Commando Dom?

Funky Fly
09-20-2011, 02:04 PM
They've got a Gears of War 1 & 2 doublepack at the wal-mart I'm going to buy the console at. Since I have the next 3 days off, I believe I will marathon through the entire trilogy.

Nigga check ur rep.

Emperor Smeat
09-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Looks like current plans for future DLC will be more like how the Episodes of GTA IV told different character stories but still connected together based on what Cliffy B hinted.

"One thing I can tell you is that you’re not going to see Marcus or Dom or Cole in it. I believe that DLC should be unique and cool, like Lost and the Damned, Gay Tony, Mad Moxie’s Underdome Riot. All those kind of things. DLC’s the place where you play and have fun."

Also hinted was the series could pull a Halo Wars and have an RTS game or be like most shooters and have a first person shooter spin-off or even a Kinect-only title.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/gears-war-3-dlc-not-what-you-expect

Funky Fly
09-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Not got this yet. How is it? Gonna fix the title. Carry on.

Malfeitor
09-21-2011, 01:48 AM
Fucking love the game already. I'm almost done with the campaign and I've already dabbled in the multiplayer. I need to find some people to handle Horde and Beast.

Total nerd points right here. Won the tournament at my local gamestop. Say something.

Ermaximus
09-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Beast mode alone makes this better than the 2 previous games. Berserker against the cog=Locust wins, 9 out of 10 times.

Captain of Fun
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
What is beast mode?

Ermaximus
09-21-2011, 11:21 AM
It's basically Horde mode, but you play as the Locust and kill humans.

G
09-21-2011, 02:14 PM
"One thing I can tell you is that you’re not going to see Marcus or Dom or Cole in it. I believe that DLC should be unique and cool, like Lost and the Damned, Gay Tony, Mad Moxie’s Underdome Riot. All those kind of things. DLC’s the place where you play and have fun."

Please no. Mad Moxie was the worst DLC of all time.

Ermaximus
09-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Please no. Mad Moxie was the worst DLC of all time.

Agreed.

Shaggy
09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Im loving Beast Mode... the only problem I have ran into is that I cant ever get a random online game set up. It always says I cant connect to any of the matches.

But I can easily do a private match with some people that are on my friends list. Does anyone else have this problem?

Emperor Smeat
09-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Early sales for the game are around 3 million copies sold for the 1st week while at least the 1st maps meant for a DLC pack were discovered to be on the disc.

The maps are titled "Azura", "Blood Drive", and "Rustlung". They're apparently not playable and are probably upcoming DLC.
http://kotaku.com/5843760/here-are-some-gears-of-wars-3-maps-we-didnt-know-about

Disturbed316
09-27-2011, 02:32 PM
Absolutely loving this game, but am having issues getting games on Beast and Horde, takes ages to find games at times, but they are great fun when you get going. Have been playing online mostly, up to around level 26 and started out campaign earlier, so far only done the first act. Enjoying this game so much more than the other two Gears.

Captain of Fun
09-28-2011, 02:45 AM
This game kind of hates closure.

Malfeitor
09-29-2011, 12:07 AM
Holy fucking shit, do I love being a Berserker in Beast mode. It's just that, beast.

Ermaximus
09-29-2011, 09:50 AM
Holy fucking shit, do I love being a Berserker in Beast mode. It's just that, beast.

Yea, she pretty much rapes everything and everyone in Beast, unless you're playing on Insane.

Emperor Smeat
10-04-2011, 06:37 PM
Not counting the launch DLC of the skins for guns, the 1st DLC pack was announced and is primarily for the Horde and Beast modes of the game.

The pack contains 3 new multiplayer maps, 3 new character skins, 2 new weapon skins, and a set of extra Achievement Points.

Also revealed was 4 tweaks are arriving for Horde mode but wasn't specific if its in the DLC pack or will arrive in a regular game update.
Command Center – A new fortification that allows you to call in fire support.
Decoy Upgrade – Turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard who will fight alongside you.
Sentry Upgrade – Adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage.
Silverback Upgrade – Upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and reduced repair costs.

Season Pass owners get the pack for "free" while everyone else has to pay 800 MS Points ($10).

The maps were also confirmed to work on both modes and not separated to only a specific Horde-only or Beat-only map.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/gears-war-3-has-horde-mode-dlc

G
10-04-2011, 11:12 PM
i'm only interested in single player content at this point. gears 1 was the first game i ever owned on the 360, and i played the multi to death. just not feeling it anymore.

G
10-04-2011, 11:14 PM
btw, the console is so fucking nice. it makes gears noises when powering up/down and opening/closing the tray. sold the 2nd controller it came with for $50 on ebay, and one of the codes for $20.

Captain of Fun
10-05-2011, 01:26 AM
I also got the new console. My PS3 shriveled underneath the tv stand, in fear of it's awesomeness.

Captain of Fun
10-05-2011, 01:27 AM
In other news, awesomeness is a word, according to spell check. Kind of don't want to use it anymore now.

DAMN iNATOR
10-07-2011, 03:47 PM
In other news, awesomeness is a word, according to spell check. Kind of don't want to use it anymore now.

Which, "awesomeness" as a word or spell check? Because spell check is one of the most treacherous features to use in any word processor.

Captain of Fun
10-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Classic damninator.

Disturbed316
10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Just finished off the campaign today, so emotional :'(

G
10-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I KNOW. Can't believe you know who who drove the you know what into the you know whos

Ermaximus
10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I really enjoy killing Prescott and Hoffman in Beast mode. I also don't know why in the hell Griffin is so damn ridiculous in Beast mode.

Captain of Fun
10-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Dunno, they have a big emotional moment in every one of these games, but it's hard for me to take it as seriously as the game seemingly wants me to, when every other moment is so cartoonishly over the top.

Disturbed316
10-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Anyone know the name of the band that does the "Gears of War" song during the credits?

G
10-15-2011, 06:29 PM
bodycount (ice t)

Malfeitor
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm too poor for the console, but I did pick up the limited edition controller and it's fucking sexy.

All of you fools add me on Live now.

L0CKE815.

G
10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
yeah you fools, add him

Malfeitor
10-18-2011, 07:51 PM
G knows what's up.

Kane Knight
10-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Should probably get this. I didn't think it'd be so well received, even with the hype.

Emperor Smeat
11-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Epic Games releasing a free DLC pack on Thanksgiving as a gift to everyone regardless of the game being bought new or used.

The pack will be available everywhere and not just limited to the US due to it being a US holiday gift.

The free content consists of the Versus Booster Map Pack, a set of five maps. Three of which - Azura, Blood Drive, and Rustlung - are currently part of the Horde Command Pack that was released today. The pack's final two maps are Bullet Marsh and Clocktower.

http://www.screwattack.com/news/give-thanks-free-gears-war-3-dlc

G
11-02-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm just waiting on other people to get this so I can do the campaign again. Don't really care for multiplayer.

Disturbed316
11-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Got the horde pack as thats what I mainly play at the moment, just annoyed by fucking idiots who don't understand you cant go charging out all the time, or just quit for no reason whatsoever.

Ermaximus
11-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm just waiting on other people to get this so I can do the campaign again. Don't really care for multiplayer.

I still need to run through it on Insane if you need people?

Disturbed316
11-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Same

Ermaximus
11-08-2011, 09:42 AM
TPWW GoW3 Insane Run co-op night?

G
11-08-2011, 11:07 AM
i don't know if i can take an insane run through. i might just tag along on normal.

Swiss Ultimate
02-15-2012, 05:57 PM
The wife and I started playing the story campaign for this one yesterday. Horribly disappointed with this. Everything feels cheesy and/or excessive. Considering how much we enjoyed 1 and 2 we're feeling a bit strange. Did the gameplay and story-telling change or did we?

We literally hate the dialogue, my wife gave up altogether. I imagine multiplayer's still solid, but not sure if I want to spend any more time playing this.

WTF?

Fryza
02-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Like everyone else, I still wish to know where their sleeves ran off to.

Emperor Smeat
02-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Next DLC pack will be called "Forces of Nature" and is the last pack in the current Season Pass. The pack contains 5 maps (3 new ones), 4 Easter Egg weapons, 4 new characters, and 7 new weapon skins.

No price was announced but it does have a March 27 release date.

Forces of Nature adds three new maps, all themed around natural disasters, along with two remakes from previous Gears of War maps. The new maps are Aftermath, Artillery and Cover. The remakes are of Jacinto, from Gears of War 2 and Raven Down from Gears of War. The DLC is set to release March 27, however no price has been revealed yet. A description of each map can be found below:

* Aftermath: A government park after a tsunami. There is seaweed and wreckage everywhere, and the main play space sits under a huge cargo ship which was deposited on top of a building during the storm. The area floods and quakes during gameplay, as the whole thing is teetering on the edge of falling into the water below. This has gameplay implications as it is difficult to aim during the quakes, and difficult to be stealthy while splashing through the water.

*Artillery : Starts out looking like an ordinary military base, but during gameplay a storm kicks up. Lightning begins to flash on the horizon and eventually a tornado develops and sweeps near the play space. Dust and debris are kicked up making it difficult to see, and the buffeting winds can mask your approach.

* Cove: A is a small port that the Stranded have taken over and turned into a little village. The map is very open with long lines of sight, but there is a really, really heavy layer of fog that masks just about everything. There’s a really nice sniper nest inside a central ship, but the sniper’s form is silhouetted by the low angle light shining through the fog.

*Jacinto: It was a beautiful city, but huge stalks have popped up through the buildings and flooded the entire area with Imulsion. Half of the map is dead and crumbling, with Imulsion fumes hanging in the air. To make matters worse, the drizzle that is present when a match begins quickly develops into a heavy rain storm that impedes visibility and lines of sight as water starts sheeting off the buildings.

* Raven Down: A very small crossroads that is blanketed in a blinding snow storm. A Raven helicopter has crashed in the storm, and crashed through an elevated train on its way down, so there’s train wreckage to deal with as well. The snowstorm ebbs occasionally, but is more often so heavy that it’s difficult to see more than a few meters ahead at any given time.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/gears-of-war-3-forces-of-nature-dlc-announced/

Fryza
02-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Happy for more maps, but 'Raven Down' and 'Jacinto' were not maps I wanted back that much. Still wish 'Security' got reissued. Not out of possibility, but fuck new maps still. Prefer better done 1/2 maps over new ones.