PDA

View Full Version : "The Fortunate Sons?"

DLVH84
04-09-2010, 09:05 PM
There's a rumor in WWE about splitting up Legacy, with Ted DiBiase, Jr. forming "The Fortunate Sons" with his brother Brett, and Joe Hennig, son of the late "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig.

What I think of the possible stable would be awesome. Because you got wealth (The DiBiases) and perfection (Hennig). What do you guys think of the idea of The Fortunate Sons?

CSL
04-09-2010, 09:10 PM
I do not like the idea of The Fortunate Sons

James Steele
04-09-2010, 09:13 PM
So, they would break up Legacy to form the same stable with a different name?

Tyler Killer
04-09-2010, 09:20 PM

Who gives a shit what you like?

Mr. Nerfect
04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
In some ways, I do like the idea. I can understand why many would think that Ted DiBiase needs to get away from stables and the like -- but the difference here is that he is leading. And then there is the case of what they actually do with Brett DiBiase when he debuts. They can't really ignore his relationship with Brett, can they? This "Fortunate Sons" angle would allow Brett to be paired with Ted, without really bringing down Ted.

Plus, no doubt the angle would be used to get Ted over as a singles player -- something I'm not completely convinced he is ready to do on his own yet.

Nicky Fives
04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
Dunno..... sounds good in theory... depends on how good Brett & Joe Hennig are.....

CSL
04-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Who gives a shit what you like?

What do you guys think of the idea of The Fortunate Sons?

Try again fucknut

Favre4Ever
04-09-2010, 10:48 PM
would this stable do anything other than feud with Orton is my question.

Jakob Synn
04-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Isn't this old news?

Kane Knight
04-09-2010, 10:52 PM
It depends on whether or not they can get Fogerty to give them theme music.

#1-norm-fan
04-09-2010, 11:33 PM
It depends on whether or not they can get Fogerty to give them theme music.

I like that idea. At first I was thinking it wouldn't make sense since "Fortunate Son" is the total opposite of what the stable is about but then I realized it's full of double negatives, thus it is EXACTLY what the stable would be about. Technically they really ain't no millionaire's sons.

Kane Knight
04-09-2010, 11:43 PM
I don't think people would pay too much attention to the lyrics, anyway. It's like Born in the USA.

Mr Amazing
04-09-2010, 11:55 PM
they should just put rhodes into the stable with the dibiase brnothers and hennig

Perry Saturn
04-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Isnt this idea basically the hart dynasty with different people

Testicle
04-10-2010, 12:31 AM
I think its pretty lame, excited to see Joe Henning though.

BollywoodSingh
04-10-2010, 12:36 AM
I think it would be good and would be an effective to get Ted Jr. more over since he would be leading the group. The only problem I see is the similarity to Legacy, but they can use that as a basis to feud with Orton.

XCaliber
04-10-2010, 12:26 PM
As far as I'm concerned going from one stable right into another is not gonna help him get over he has to have a huge upset over someone like Orton to make his mark. Sure it's something they can consider down the road once he's made a name for himself which I hope is coming soon as I am already tired of Cena's bs. With the draft coming up I have a feeling he will be one of the ones moved over to SD but Rhodes will be left behind on RAW and should feud with his brother perhaps.

XIII
04-10-2010, 03:59 PM
teds got the million dollar belt, which is badass by itself

Fignuts
04-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Isnt this idea basically the hart dynasty with different people

Actually it's basically legacy with a different name.

#1-norm-fan
04-10-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think people would pay too much attention to the lyrics, anyway. It's like Born in the USA.

There's an indy wrestler named "Rapid Delivery" Rory Fox. He was the subject of an MTV wrestling documentary years ago while they were developing his "All-American paper boy" type gimmick (I think it was an episode of "True Life" about pro wrestlers). He had the most apple pie, patriotic gimmick ever and his entrance theme was "Born in the USA". Always found that hilarious.

Damian Rey
04-10-2010, 08:18 PM
There's an indy wrestler named "Rapid Delivery" Rory Fox. He was the subject of an MTV wrestling documentary years ago while they were developing his "All-American paper boy" type gimmick (I think it was an episode of "True Life" about pro wrestlers). He had the most apple pie, patriotic gimmick ever and his entrance theme was "Born in the USA". Always found that hilarious.

Holy fuck I remember that documentary. Though my memory is a bit hazy with the details, I remember the "Rapid Delivery" gimmick and when the old guy pitched it to him, and in his first match, talking with the "veterans" about how it would go and the vets laying down the law.

Back to the topic at hand. I would much rather see Ted Sr. run his own stable of "Fortunate Sons" with Brett and Joe and leave Jr out of it and let him try and get over on his own. Having him go from one stable to another is not going to do anything for him credibility wise, whether he's leading or not.

I think the fans turning Orton have really left creative scratching their head as to what to do with Ted Jr. He was seemingly lined up for big face turn then the fans turned on Legacy and went with Orton and now Ted's in limbo.

Volare
04-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Brother vs Brother is the only outcome I can see from this.

Mr. Pierre
04-11-2010, 01:07 AM
I think it could be alright.

I still think that it kinda sucks how Legacy didn't even come close to hitting its full potential. It started off very unique as a "tough love" type of style, as Orton was disciplining them night in and night out, beating each other up, making them earn their stripes. Then within like 4 months, they were henchmen for Orton's programs and it was just lame. The only note-worthy thing they did was the 2 month feud with DX, where they looked good, and then they sunk back to the bottom of the barrel.

Even though Cody & Ted didn't really evolve as much as they should have, at least we're getting an awesome looking Orton character now.

Rammsteinmad
04-11-2010, 09:17 AM
So, they would break up Legacy to form the same stable with a different name?

ClockShot
04-11-2010, 09:40 AM
So what are the odds they come out to C.C.R.'s Fortunate Son?

Kane Knight
04-11-2010, 09:47 AM

You gotta love that. Though considering Reagan used it, I can't say as I'm actually surprised.

So what are the odds they come out to C.C.R.'s Fortunate Son?

That's what we were saying. :p

Only I referenced John Fogerty insteead of using CCR by name.