PDA

View Full Version : *Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Tapings Results From The UK

Juan
04-13-2010, 09:13 PM
Smackdown starts off with Chris Jericho coming out to complain about Randy Orton getting the title shot. He says he has a rematch clause and he's been screwed. The crowd is behind Jericho. Edge comes out and agrees with him but says Jericho is in no shape to compete so says he will take Jericho place and face Jack Swagger. Teddy Long comes out and announces a triple threat title match for tonight, usual great promo from these two

WWE Intercontinental champion Drew McIntyre defeated Kane by DQ. Usual match between the two, slow and plodding, Kane goes for the chokeslam but McIntyre bails and goes to leave but Matt Hardy comes out and throws him back in for the DQ win, Kane chokeslams hardy and McIntyre.

Jack Swagger complains to Long about having to defend the title, but Teddy tells him he's in charge.

Jericho in the back with Wade Barrett who tells him he will also be best in the world at what he does. These two are the only ones really over with the crowd.

WWE Women's champion Michelle McCool defeated Mickie James. Really good Divas match between the two, but crowd was dead. McCcool wins with a big boot. The heels beat James up post match and Beth Phoenix comes to make the save.

Dolph Ziggler defeated R-Truth. Ziggler comes out and pretends to apologize for putting Josh Matthews to sleep. Truth comes out and says he has no heart or respect. A quick match with Ziggler making Truth submit to the rear naked choke.

Edge tells Josh Matthews he's going to beat Swagger and face Orton at Extreme Rules.

Rey Mysterio and the Hart Dynasty defeat CM Punk & Luke Gallows & Darren Young. Great TV match. DH Smith picks up the win on Punk. Some great tag spots with Rey and the Hart Dynasty. Punk was definitely the star of the night.

JTG defeated Croft. Quick match, Shad showed up early in the match and tried to lay him out after but JTG fought him off.

Jack Swagger won the three-way. Really good 30 minute match between the three. Swagger stole the pin after Edge speared Jericho. Swagger lays out Edge after the match.

Dark main event:

Rey Mysterio defeated CM Punk. Same match we got at Wrestlemania. Really fun to watch live. Rey sent the fans home happy with a 619, Punk got on the Mic and said out of everyone in the WWE universe he hated us the most.

Some great wrestling from the taping, CM Punk, Jericho and Barrett were the stars of the show just a shame it was let down by a poor crowd.

Nicky Fives
04-13-2010, 10:07 PM
sounds pretty decent.....

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Sounds like another great show. The only thing I would possibly change is JTG over Caylen Croft. I think Shad could have successfully cost JTG the match, and put over The Dudebusters a little. I'm sure it comes off alright, but the way it comes off is almost like singles guys are automatically better than tag guys (I know that is the WWE's philosophy and all, but...).

The main event sounds epic. I wonder if we will see another Kurt Angle-style belly-to-belly overhead suplex from Swagger? :p

The Franchise
04-14-2010, 01:15 AM
This sounds a like a really good show. Main event went 30 minutes?? :eek:

Poor crowd is surprising since England is usually pretty good.

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2010, 01:19 AM
Canada has also become a less outstanding crowd. My theory is that so many of these fans have gotten sick of what they've seen that they just cannot be fucked with the WWE, and all that are left are the usual casuals and such.

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 01:22 AM
The crowds are tamer in America too. I don't think it's a matter of nationality

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2010, 01:38 AM
The crowds are tamer in America too. I don't think it's a matter of nationality

Oh no, I wasn't suggesting that the same thing hasn't happened in America. I just think that may play a factor in why some "smarky" crowds aren't as "smarky" anymore.

The Franchise
04-14-2010, 01:39 AM
Shame really..... hot crowds make a show so much better

Shadow
04-14-2010, 01:55 AM
On RAW the crowd was so damn dead. They only came alive to boo Cena and that was it. Too bad Smackdown had the same crowd.

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 02:03 AM
What I don't get is why these crowds that hate Cena and others don't mark out for the wrestlers they do like.

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2010, 02:19 AM
I agree, Jeri. I miss the days when Christian would get epic crowd reactions, despite being a dorky heel. :love:

Juan
04-14-2010, 02:19 AM
What I don't get is why these crowds that hate Cena and others don't mark out for the wrestlers they do like.

I've always thought that the reason the crowds are mostly dead now a days, is because people are afraid to mark out and look like marks on TV. Shame really.

Mr. Nerfect
04-14-2010, 02:25 AM
The only problem I would have with marking out at a wrestling show is whether or not I should cheer or boo a heel I like. I love Chris Jericho, but would he appreciate me cheering his awesomeness, or booing him whilst flashing a "I paid to see Chris Jericho" sign?