PDA

View Full Version : I want a proper Regal/Danielson match.

Xero
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Their match on NXT was 2 of the best minutes on free TV I've seen in a long time, and the match didn't even get started.

I hope we get a feud between the two down the line.

Early match between the two in MCW:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wL-y9ArJZu4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wL-y9ArJZu4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Discuss.

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 01:28 PM
I kind of doubt a fued, just given where Regal is and has been since his wellness policy fuck up.
I also kind of doubt they'd stick them together for character reasons. I feel like Danielson will fued with guys like Miz, Jericho, and Morrison to offset things.

They should have a match longer than 2 minutes though. They have all the time in the world to do this on NXT.
They should also have another King of the Ring Tournament, and have this be one of the quarterfinals matches.

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I'm looking forward to a Daniel Bryan vs Punk fued. I think they'd be crazy not to do this.

It would be great for the first fued Bryan has after winning the US Title off of The Miz (assuming that happens)

Xero
04-14-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm assuming that he'll be using his free PPV title shot against Miz. While it slightly goes against original NXT package to pick a midcard title, he's definitely coming across very humble, and Miz is his natural first feud.

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 01:39 PM
It works because if he hates Miz enough, taking the US Title from him is more appealing than jumping the gun on a world title shot.
It also puts over the US Title nicely.

I think a Summerslam meeting between the two would be great. I don't know if they'd have them fued for a few PPVs, or just one.

After their fued Miz should move on to a fued with Big Show, and Danielson can start defending the US Title.
Punk, Jericho, Dibiase are all good choices. Morrison and Christian would be great candidates if either of them are heel by then.

Even a face vs face fued with Rey would be fantastic

Jeritron
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Actually, I think I'd like to see Punk or Rey as his first Wrestlemania opponent. If they stop doing MITB next year, they're going to have a lot of midcard to work with, and they can book some great matches for the US and IC titles.

Swiss Ultimate
04-14-2010, 01:56 PM
I'd definitely see a US Title run if it maybe meant that the Miz was going to the main event for a trial.

I thought it was going to happen for sure during his Anti-Cena run. Him losing the US Title and Tag Title after a lengthy run that has seen him work the crowd like a prop is a perfect time to put him in the ring with the larger guys. I could see the Miz going up against Triple H in the next year or two.

parkmania
04-14-2010, 03:20 PM
What if Bryan picks a partner and "steals" the tag belts off Show Miz?

Nicky Fives
04-14-2010, 05:25 PM

Him & Kaval (aka Low-Ki) works for me....

Jordan
04-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Who would work? Kaval comes to mind but they have no real connection... hmmm...

That's a cool idea. The IC Title might be a little more money, but if you came up with a good idea for his partner that would make sense I'd be gay for it.

Jordan
04-14-2010, 05:36 PM
US Title whatever same shit different show

Swiss Ultimate
04-14-2010, 07:04 PM
I would be cool seeing a Miz-Bryan feud that lasts till the Royal Rumble.

Th3R0CKSays
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
How is Miz still the US Champ anyway? When was the last time he defended the belt? What ever happened to the 30-Day title defense clause?

Perry Saturn
04-14-2010, 08:06 PM
How is Miz still the US Champ anyway? When was the last time he defended the belt? What ever happened to the 30-Day title defense clause?

the 30 day clause is a compete clause which means if he doesnt wrestle in 30days he stripped he has been tag-teaming

Th3R0CKSays
04-14-2010, 08:13 PM
the 30 day clause is a compete clause which means if he doesnt wrestle in 30days he stripped he has been tag-teaming

I thought it was a kayfabe clause which dictated that champions must defend their title every 30 days or be stripped. I guess the WWE dusts off that rule and uses it when it is convenient for them.

Innovator
04-14-2010, 08:32 PM
That was the best 90 second match ever

Perry Saturn
04-14-2010, 09:58 PM
I thought it was a kayfabe clause which dictated that champions must defend their title every 30 days or be stripped. I guess the WWE dusts off that rule and uses it when it is convenient for them.

More then likely

parkmania
04-14-2010, 10:15 PM
I guess the WWE dusts off that rule and uses it when it is convenient for them.

This. But then again, WWE has not been building any sort of singles feud for Miz anyway.

The Gold Standard
04-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Truthfully, I think Regal is very boring. I hate watching him every week. I have never liked him.

I don't like how Bryan is getting the majority of the attention on NXT. They should use it to build more feuds and the rest of the guys.