PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to dick head newsboard reporters

JokerFace
04-14-2010, 10:26 PM
P.S. I'm posting this here because most people here, I assume, don't watch wrestling anymore and probably won't find this message in the actual wrestling thread.

Back when wrestling websites were cool, and made people money. Who could ever forget the Fred Cooks (iowrestling), the Gray brothers (wrestling unlimited), Daniel Boones and all the other fucks who used to post phony links at the bottom of posts in order to get you to go to their copy and paste websites.

i was in high school back in the early 2000s and i always assumed those type of people were in high school too. i can't picture a grownup adult copying and pasting sites like pwinsider, 1wrestling, pwtorch, etc. in order to make a few cents (after 2001 when UGO stopped paying sites a shitload of money).

i remember jon farrer (who used to write at TPWW for a short time) and his UK incident where his wrestling ring didn't show up (LMFAO). His lame attempt at a website was 2kwrestling.com. There was also Derek Sabato (moniker was WCWFEasyE) - he was a character. Rajah back then was all philosophical with his twice a week wrestling rumors. And who can forget BIG Ry's old TPWW news and rumors intro (hellllllooooooooo readers, and ending his reports with ciao).

There was The Corporate Reporter, better known as the CR, who later became Mike Christopher. His AOL s/n at one point was MikeCTPWW. Then there was the PPV pbp guy here who was known as Mike E., and his AOL s/n was MikeETPWW... LMFAO!

My favorite wrestling website of all time was DTAWrestling.com and that one really huge report from Jigga, that one time.

Then there was some jackass named Vegas back in 1999 and 2000.

What were your favorite wrestling websites besides TPWW?

KYR
04-14-2010, 10:31 PM
www.nakednuns.com (http://www.nakednuns.com) used to be one of my favourite websites.

My Nuts
04-14-2010, 10:35 PM
http://www.mynutsinyr.mouth.com

JokerFace
04-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Back when the Gray brothers first started out, they had WCWWF.com or something similar. The one guy was actually pretty nice and allowed me to write a column at the time. Then, out of nowhere, he began posting on the other elite sites, and some of those other "elite" reporter whores began posting for his site, and he fired me because I wasn't a big name.

I also remember posting on some site back in the day and found my post deleted an hour later because asshole Fred Cook deleted it and rewrote it, so that he could plug his website. I hated newsboard reporting so much so I would do it for about 2 weeks, then just get lazy and stop, and try again a year later with the same results.

Triple A
04-14-2010, 10:43 PM
I know what you're talking about! 8-)

Also this probably would go over better in the wrestling forum.

Tazz Dan
04-14-2010, 10:45 PM
If I were a mod I would have moved it. Just sayin...

Fignuts
04-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I dont remember any of this.

Rammsteinmad
04-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Gimme details on this Jon Farrer UK incident. Sounds awesome. :lol:

The Mackem
04-15-2010, 12:47 PM
Derek Sabato was quite the character. I hear he went into refereeing for CZW and Chikara.

The Mackem
04-15-2010, 12:48 PM
I want Adam Kirk wrestling columns. Even if he doesn't watch wrestling anymore, I don't care.