PDA

View Full Version : I think there are a few "Of Montreal" fans here...

Kane Knight
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
There a particularly good album to start with? I'm looking at their catalogue ad there's a metric fuckton of stuff to go through.

mitch_h
04-15-2010, 12:40 AM
I would start with "Satanic Panic in the Attic", I think it's a gorgeous album but it's also accessible and immediate... kind of a nice middle ground between the simplicity of their early stuff and the psychedelic/weird dance vibe of their latest output.

Triple A
04-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Satanic Panic in the Attic was the first album I was really obsessed with and got really "heavy" into so I'd also say that's good to start with. Exactly what mitch_h said.

My favorite albums now though are definitely "The Gay Parade" and "Aldhils Arboretum." Incredible. I would definitely get those also.

Are there any specific songs that made you want to hear more? That would probably help since each album's style got more and more different.

Kane Knight
04-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Awesome. Thanks. :D

MVP
04-16-2010, 12:04 PM
I've been starting to get into them as well. I'll check out those albums first.

Indifferent Clox
04-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Do you like otheq elephant 6 bands?

Kane Knight
04-16-2010, 08:02 PM
I've been starting to get into them as well. I'll check out those albums first.

they were recommended to me on eMusic based on me downloading some other act. 17 albums plus EPs and such on eMusic though, so I'm sitting here going..."Fffffffffuck."

It can be overwhelming trying to get into a new band with a large back catalogue.

Assuming any of it's good, of course, but the samples on the records were all good.

Swiss Ultimate
04-17-2010, 04:33 PM
I listen to a few songs they did with Daytrotter. (http://www.daytrotter.com/)

Really like: Lysergic Bliss

Kane Knight
04-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Ended up getting Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? first, only because it was Hella cheap on Amazon.

Great record, though.