PDA

View Full Version : Fan chants you hate.

BollywoodSingh
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
"You fucked up, you fucked up" - first off, there's plenty of young children in the audience. Second, these wrestlers are working hard and every now and then they'll slip or fall or something, but there's no need to yell that at them.

"TNA, TNA, TNA" at WWE events. You paid to watch WWE, but you're chanting for another company. Pathetic.

"What?!" I don't mind this if it's during an Austin promo or someone feuding with Austin. But a lot of the time, it's not. I remember getting "whatted" in their WWE debut promo and I'm pretty sure BRet Hart got it sometime in the last couple of months.

Xero
04-15-2010, 07:39 PM
I have not heard a "You Fucked Up" chant in years in WWE.

jsroka
04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
"You fucked up, you fucked up" - first off, there's plenty of young children in the audience. Second, these wrestlers are working hard and every now and then they'll slip or fall or something, but there's no need to yell that at them.

"TNA, TNA, TNA" at WWE events. You paid to watch WWE, but you're chanting for another company. Pathetic.

"What?!" I don't mind this if it's during an Austin promo or someone feuding with Austin. But a lot of the time, it's not. I remember getting "whatted" in their WWE debut promo and I'm pretty sure BRet Hart got it sometime in the last couple of months.

A woman I work with stopped watching wrestling partly because of the WHAT chant. :lol:

Jordan
04-15-2010, 07:42 PM
"You fucked up" get's annoying when your at an ROH show just because everybody there are such marks they ruin the fantasy for everybody.

"What?" is one of the worst thing to happen to wrestling as far as chants go ever. I hate that chant.

I also hate how when your at a WWE show most of the chants are simple and basic because kids are too stupid to understand how cool it would be to chant "Your gonna get your fuckin head kicked in" for Daniel Bryan.

Innovator
04-15-2010, 07:43 PM
"TNA TNA TNA" when they should be chanting for a particular wrestler

"this is awesome" during a headlock

"you suck you suck you suck" It's just a weak version of the Asshole chant

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
what and "Cena! Cena!"

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 07:44 PM
"you suck you suck you suck" It's just a weak version of the Asshole chant

you suck was brilliant during Angle's entrance though :D

Th3R0CKSays
04-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Boring chants when the match is really not boring.

Jordan
04-15-2010, 07:53 PM
I want more "asshole"

VSG
04-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Honestly the only chant I ever liked was "Holy shit!"

Juan
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
"What?" is one of the worst thing to happen to wrestling as far as chants go ever. I hate that chant.

jsroka
04-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Honestly the only chant I ever liked was "Holy shit!"

:yes: As long as it's a worthy situation. Like, when they fall from a really high announcer booth or do something crazy that is rare/never seen.

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 08:09 PM
I think I hated "what" even in 2002 or whenever Austin first started doing it

tjmidnight420
04-15-2010, 08:32 PM
I think I hated "what" even in 2002 or whenever Austin first started doing it

Same here.

Theo Dious
04-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I also hate how when your at a WWE show most of the chants are simple and basic because kids are too stupid to understand how cool it would be to chant "Your gonna get your fuckin head kicked in" for Daniel Bryan.

You do understand that a chant is simple and basic because of the coordination it takes, right? What would even be the rythm for "you're gonna get your fuckin' ehad kicked in?"

jsroka
04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
You do understand that a chant is simple and basic because of the coordination it takes, right? What would even be the rythm for "you're gonna get your fuckin' ehad kicked in?"

You just have to hear it. It works.

Theo Dious
04-15-2010, 08:49 PM
You just have to hear it. It works.

Until you can post a clip of some kind or other I'm going to stand by my beleif that this is an irredeemably ridiculous concept.

#1-norm-fan
04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVok4H0z2rU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JVok4H0z2rU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

screech
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM
:y: #1-wwf-fan

Theo Dious
04-15-2010, 09:09 PM
It's almost more singing than chanting, but I stand corrected, it works. Would be a feat to pull it off in a larger arena, I hope I can see that at some point.

Aguakate
04-15-2010, 09:10 PM
The "WHAT?!" chants MUST STOP.

Austin is no longer in the WWE, so what's the point?

Those chants also ruin great promos.

YoungFlyFlashy
04-15-2010, 09:11 PM
Until you can post a clip of some kind or other I'm going to stand by my beleif that this is an irredeemably ridiculous concept.

Wow in your face.

screech
04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
It's almost more singing than chanting, but I stand corrected, it works. Would be a feat to pull it off in a larger arena, I hope I can see that at some point.

I would love to hear that in a bigger place. It would be awesome.

Theo Dious
04-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Wow in your face.

What are we all 12 here? A clip was posted and I admitted it works. Am I supposed to lose sleep over being proven wrong on a message board?

Aguakate
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
What are we all 12 here? A clip was posted and I admitted it works. Am I supposed to lose sleep over being proven wrong on a message board?

"In your face" is SO 1996.

screech
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM

Serious business

Fat Aaron
04-15-2010, 09:22 PM

:y:

Theo Dious
04-15-2010, 09:23 PM
"In your face" is SO 1996.

Yeah, something along the lines of "OH SNAP" would have been more topical, and honestly would have been actually funny.

legendkillerRKO
04-15-2010, 09:50 PM
im tired of hearing "woooooo" after every fucking chop....ric flair sucks and has no place in the business anymore

legendkillerRKO
04-15-2010, 09:51 PM
in fact "wooooooooo" ruins it more for me than "what"....if u dont want them chantin what then do a promo that grabs their attention....the reason they chant "what" is because they dont care about what you are saying.

BillyBonez
04-15-2010, 09:56 PM
You both suck or boring I hate cuz u know, these guys are putting their lives on the line for YOURE entertainment and to diss them like that is both stupid and wrong!

Favre4Ever
04-15-2010, 10:23 PM
whenever I'm watching wrestling with people who don't watch and everyone starts up that "na na naaaaa naaaa.....NA NA NAAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAA......HEY HEY HEEEEEEEEY......GOOOOOOOOODbyeeeeee.........." chant, everyone in the room always rolls their eyes.

Jura
04-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Fans suck in general. Thread closed.

Perry Saturn
04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Fans suck in general. Thread closed.

Take'em down a peg Jura

EdgeHeadSince08
04-15-2010, 11:09 PM
what and "Cena! Cena!"

i was gonna say that but n/m lol I HATE CENAA AHAHAHa

Stickman
04-15-2010, 11:11 PM
Spear! Spear! Spear!

Jeritron
04-15-2010, 11:25 PM
I kinda hate the "This is awesome" chant because the people that usually do it, do it during just about everything.
If it was only busted out once in a while it would mean something, but they'll do it for an irish whip in the Impact Zone.
I fucking hate the Impact Zone crowd in general. For the most part I don't like smarky chants. It's like they're trying to prove the have internet access instead of getting into the show.

For instance, it would fit during something like the beginning moments of Shawn vs Taker II, or a dream match or whatever.
That's not really where it turns up though. In fact, WWE crowds don't seem to do it at all nor have they ever.

I hate "you fucked up."

"What" doesn't bother me that much unless it's interrupting a serious promo or something.

Other than that short list, I'm all for most every other chant. Crowd involvement is awesome. I wish there was more of it, regardless of what they're saying.
Stuff like "Let's go Cena. Cena sucks!" and "Asshole", or "One more match" and all that are awesome. Tons of great chants I can't really think of.

I love the "Un-der-taker" chant. Always have.
I also love the basic stuff, like clapping and cheering for the face coming out of a rest hold, or popping for the hot tag. Wooo during chops. All that fun stuff.

VSG
04-15-2010, 11:46 PM
You want annoying fan chants?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHrz9TGbLyQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHrz9TGbLyQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 11:49 PM
i was gonna say that but n/m lol I HATE CENAA AHAHAHa

:|

The Franchise
04-15-2010, 11:52 PM
You want annoying fan chants?
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHrz9TGbLyQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHrz9TGbLyQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Jesus.

lol @ 1:43

Volare
04-16-2010, 12:06 AM
The only time I believe chants were thankfully used for our entertainment was this match.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IfPsksJxmqA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IfPsksJxmqA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And you can't hate those.

DLVH84
04-16-2010, 12:09 AM
I always hated the "Let's Go Cena" chants. I liked the "Cena Sucks" chants better.

Mr Amazing
04-16-2010, 12:23 AM
The only time I believe chants were thankfully used for our entertainment was this match.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IfPsksJxmqA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IfPsksJxmqA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

maybe they should go to tna and chant this and maybe tna will come up with better stuff to try and get ratings

KIRA
04-16-2010, 01:22 AM
As far as the WHAT! chants they suck and all a performer has to do is change the flow of his promo to disrupt the chants

dronepool
04-16-2010, 01:23 AM

Yeah, that's a great chant.

The only "messed up" chant IMO is "you fucked up".

Sixx
04-16-2010, 01:34 AM
I have not heard a "You Fucked Up" chant in years in WWE.

They edit it out. That's what I read, at least.

Don't ask me for the source cause I'm an alcoholic.

tjmidnight420
04-16-2010, 01:56 AM
Don't ask me for the source cause I'm an alcoholic.

I cracked up at this...:lol:

Johnny Vegas
04-16-2010, 02:17 AM
GOD, i fucking hate "WHAT" chants. I want to literally take a gun and shoot every person in the arena that chants along.

lol Just a sidenote, i know everyone remembers "Shane's a pussy". Wow, lol, like im surprised that even got on air.

I do admit i like the "Yay-Boo" chant, but only when the match has gone at least 15 minutes. It should come during the closing mintues of the match.

The "this is awesome" chant is cool too. Just make sure you use it for when something is really awesome.

Love the "holy shit" chant for something big.

John Morrison needs to be edgier so the crowd can chant "Jo-Mo".

"RKO" is the hottest chant going on right now. As a matter of fact, he is the only wrestler i know currently that has 4 chants: "RKO", "Let's go Randy", "Randy", and "Orton". You MUST be the man if you have more than 2. I will actually be attending a RAW in June and i want to do a Goldberg-esqe type of RKO chant where he isn't even out there and people are chanting it.

That "WHAT" shit though needs to be banned. Like, if they can edit "Cena" chants lol, they can take that shit out.

NoRoolz
04-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Pretty much happy to hear any sort of chants in WWE crowds these days.

TNA crowds are much 'better' in terms of making noise and being lively but yeah, some chants are awful. This is Awesome for every fucking X-Division match ever, overkill to say the very least.

voncouch
04-16-2010, 06:48 AM
I think everyone can agree the "WHAT" chant has to stop. It's gotten better lately, but it can still screw up a good promo.

Personally, I'm getting tired of the "We Want Tables" chant for the Dudleys. The guys get 2 minutes into a match and the marks start begging for tables. Cool your jets: They'll get to it. Just enjoy the match for now.

You know what chant was great, though? The Mountie's "Jailbird" chant back in the day.

6-String King
04-16-2010, 07:03 AM
WHAT!

That got old so fucking fast.